Crockpots and slow cookers

balshan

Does anyone have favourite recipes for the crockpot. I must admit I find them great, as it means less work in the evening when I am tired.

Hi--I just saw this. Yes, I love my crock pot. Meats always come out so tender in them. I cook navy bean soup, chili, and Hungarian goulash in them. I have also cooked pork chops in gravy in them.

Last edited:
Hi--I just saw this. Yes, I live my crock pot. Meats always come out so tender in them. I cook navy bean soup, chili, and Hungarian goulash in them. I have also cooked pork chops in gravy in them.
We rarely eat pork except bacon. I love slow cooking sauces, curried sausages, roast lamb (I know you don't like lamb) I love it, we just cannot afford it. It is great for various types of chicken wings, the favour really infuses them. Teriyaki chicken, Korean mince. Stew and casseroles are much better with long slow cooker.

I have also done a rice pudding in the slow cooker, which was great. I used the recipe when the mob were coming for a meal.

Slow cookers are excellent for soups. Just set it and forget it, except one should put on a timer for when to check it. I usually use the faster higher temp cooking; takes less time. I usually don't have time to cook something in it for 8-10.

Can you get mutton? Is mutton cheaper than lamb, where you are?

Slow cookers are excellent for soups. Just set it and forget it, except one should put on a timer for when to check it. I usually use the faster higher temp cooking; takes less time. I usually don't have time to cook something in it for 8-10.

Can you get mutton? Is mutton cheaper than lamb, where you are?
Mutton seems to have gone out of fashion and it would be cheaper. From memory it needs to cook longer than lamb.

Meat here is outlandish, even chicken has jumped up. But if we go to Japan we can buy our meat cheaper than we can buy it here. Our gas is cheaper overseas than here. We just give our resources away to others. It is wrong.

Hi--I just saw this. Yes, I live my crock pot. Meats always come out so tender in them. I cook navy bean soup, chili, and Hungarian goulash in them. I have also cooked pork chops in gravy in them.
Is Hungarian goulash any good? I've never had it.

Does anyone have favourite recipes for the crockpot. I must admit I find them great, as it means less work in the evening when I am tired.
I agree, we used the crock pot for pork ribs and deer ribs growing up and they came out very tender and fell right off the bone.

I've never had Lamb, is it any good?
I love it but it is now very costly, so rarely have it. A roast with mint sauce and gravy imo is yummy. It brings back great memories of my grandmother cooking. It does need to be cooked properly, or it can go tough. It also needs to be hung properly as well.

I love it but it is now very costly, so rarely have it. A roast with mint sauce and gravy imo is yummy. It brings back great memories of my grandmother cooking. It does need to be cooked properly, or it can go tough. It also needs to be hung properly as well.
Well can I come over for dinner?! 😁

You are welcome. Hope you are a good swimmer. :) I will be honest I do not like kangaroo. The flavour is strong imo, also it could be I found it hard to stop thinking of skippy whilst I ate it.
I can swim kind of. But I can't swim that far. You have a great sense of humor and I'll bet you a darned good cook

I can swim kind of. But I can't swim that far. You have a great sense of humor and I'll bet you a darned good cook
Oh my husband is so much better. I am sure you have a great sense of humour. I used to be a good swimmer and I know I would never swim that far, and sharks are not something I want to meet.

Back