Dangerous Ideas?

After listening to Alicia Childers over and over again tell about her personal history with what is being called "Progressive Christianity" there was a nagging thought in the back of my mind. Do we need to be protected from Dangerous Ideas?

If you are sitting in a class and the professor is teaching dangerous ideas. What do you think is the appropriate response? Drop out?

As an undergraduate I was in perhaps the most ideologically poisonous discipline at the time: Social Science. I accumulated the maximum number of credits allowed in that discipline. I took every course I could get away with in psychology, sociology and anthropology. The summer at the end of my senior year I wrote a paper deconstructing social science focusing particularly on the basic assumptions of behaviorism. The professor discussed it with me as I was working on it and gave me a good grade.

Ideas are not dangerous if you have a worldview in place. Alicia Childers rejected "Progressive Christianity" because she had a worldview. It wasn't easy but she got through it. That's how it works. Exposure to ideas isn't the problem. Cognitive dissonance is a wake up call that you need to evaluate something. Read the recent post by a PhD in Women's Studies who is no longer WOKE. Illustrates what the process looks like when you find that you are being indoctrinated into wrong-think.

You don't need to be protected from ideas. You need to be evaluating everything you hear from every source.

Last edited:
After listening to Alicia Childers over and over again tell about her personal history with what is being called "Progressive Christianity" there was a nagging thought in the back of my mind. Do we need to be protected from Dangerous Ideas?
If you are sitting in a class and the professor is teaching dangerous ideas. What do you think is the appropriate response? Drop out?
"Do we need to be protected from Dangerous Ideas?", Yes, GOD tried with Eve, and Eve failed GOD of staying on topic WITH GOD !!!

"What do you think is the appropriate response? Drop out?", Most students have an opportunity to evaluate an instructor before taking the "dangerous ideas" class. So in a sense, they failed to invest both time and money wisely in their education course selections.

"Most students have an opportunity to evaluate an instructor", Eve had a chance to ask about the serpent, but chose not to.

Chiasm completed.

Yours in Christ, Michael

Yakuda

As an undergraduate I was in perhaps the most ideologically poisonous discipline at the time: Social Science. I accumulated the maximum number of credits allowed in that discipline. I took every course I could get away with in psychology, sociology and anthropology. The summer at the end of my senior year I wrote a paper deconstructing social science focusing particularly on the basic assumptions of behaviorism. The professor discussed it with me as I was working on it and gave me a good grade.

Ideas are not dangerous if you have a worldview in place. Alicia Childers rejected "Progressive Christianity" because she had a worldview. It wasn't easy but she got through it. That's how it works. Exposure to ideas isn't the problem. Cognitive dissonance is a wake up call that you need to evaluate something. Read the recent post by a PhD in Women's Studies who is no longer WOKE. Illustrates what the process looks like when you find that you are being indoctrinated into wrong-think.

You don't need to be protected from ideas. You need to be evaluating everything you hear from every source.
First of all who determines what's "dangerous"? Next how can an IDEA be dangerous?

First of all who determines what's "dangerous"? Next how can an IDEA be dangerous?
who determines: In The United States of America as of January 11, 2021, Apple, Amazon, Google, Facebook, Aphabet, Twitter, YouTube, FBI, CIA, NSA, BATF are all engaged in determining when an idea is dangerous. They will not only shut you down but in the case of WACO they will kill you for having dangerous ideas.

How can an IDEA be dangerous? Jan 6, 2021 WDC Capitol building was the result of a dangerous idea. That is why you will be de-platformed from all electronic services, lose your job, bank account, insurance and health care if it is determined you have dangerous ideas. Hundreds of millions of people died in the 20th Century because of dangerous ideas. Read Solzhenitsyn. Read Orwell.

This is off topic.

postscript: I shared an office with a former CIA and a former NSA. The CIA guy talked about it. The NSA guy didn't talk about it.

Last edited:

Yakuda

who determines: In The United States of America as of January 11, 2021, Apple, Amazon, Google, Facebook, Aphabet, Twitter, YouTube, FBI, CIA, NSA, BATF are all engaged in determining when an idea is dangerous. They will not only shut you down but in the case of WACO they will kill you for having dangerous ideas.

How can an IDEA be dangerous? Jan 6, 2021 WDC Capitol building was the result of a dangerous idea. That is why you will be de-platformed from all electronic services, lose your job, bank account, insurance and health care if it is determined you have dangerous ideas. Hundreds of millions of people died in the 20th Century because of dangerous ideas. Read Solzhenitsyn. Read Orwell.

This is off topic.

postscript: I shared an office with a former CIA and a former NSA. The CIA guy talked about it. The NSA guy didn't talk about it.
Incorrect the US didnt decide anything, cowardly individual companies decided they were too delicate for ideas they don't like. That's there perogative but that doesn't make them right.

Once again incorrect. Actions are dangerous not ideas. When ideas are banned then it's only a matter of time before your ideas are banned.

Incorrect the US didnt decide anything, cowardly individual companies decided they were too delicate for ideas they don't like. That's there perogative but that doesn't make them right.

Once again incorrect. Actions are dangerous not ideas. When ideas are banned then it's only a matter of time before your ideas are banned.
Agree with most of that. Irony is lost in this medium. Multiple layers of irony packed into my last post. Think of an onion. You peal off one layer of irony only to discover another layer. It's irony all the way down.

Ideas have been banned. Havn't you noticed? The time has arrived.

Yakuda

Agree with most of that. Irony is lost in this medium. Multiple layers of irony packed into my last post. Think of an onion. You peal off one layer of irony only to discover another layer. It's irony all the way down.

Ideas have been banned. Havn't you noticed?
I have noticed and it remains cowardly. They are banning ideas they don't like not ideas that are dangerous

dangerous ideas: Complex notion here. Cultural Marxism is a dangerous idea because it leads to Lindsey Shepherd being attacked by her professor for introducing dangerous ideas (Jordon Peterson) into a class discussion. BLM and ANTIFA riots are consequences of ideas. WashDC Jan 6 was action based on an idea: Stolen Election. The idea Stolen Election is now considered intolerable and dangerous. If you talk Stolen Election you will lose your job, be deplatformed. Sounds like ideas are dangerous since ideas, as I have been told, have consequences.

Last edited:

Yakuda

dangerous ideas: Complex notion here. Cultural Marxism[1] is a dangerous idea because it leads to Lindsey Shepherd being attacked by her professor for introducing dangerous ideas (Jordon Peterson) into a class discussion. BLM and ANTIFA riots are consequences of ideas. WashDC Jan 6 was action based on an idea: Stolen Election. The idea Stolen Election is now considered intolerable and dangerous. If you talk Stolen Election you will lose your job, be deplatformed. Sounds like ideas dangerous since ideas, as I have been told, have consequences.

[1] Don't say CM doesn't exist I ate meals with these people in the '70s. I had a radical echo-feminist spitting poison at me across the table at Costa's Greek Resturant in Fremont Dist of Seattle. She came back from East Africa suffering from a terminal case of wokeness. Almost got in a fight with a Maoist in the basement cafe of the Elliott Bay Bookstore. My old friend Steve Graham and I got along fine because I never took his Herbert Marcuse line seriously.
You can ramble on all you like. Actions are dangerous not ideas. I don't care if you hate me i only care if you try to do me harm. Simple actually.