Daniel 9:24-27, (Future) Seventy Literal Weeks Explained?

Truth7t7

Daniel 9:24-27, Seventy Literal Weeks Explained?

Daniel's 70 weeks are literal 7 day periods, or 490 literal days.

If Daniel meant 490 years he would have written

(Four hundred and ninety years), simple
mail

Daniel had no restrictions in "Writing" exact numerology as seen below.

Daniel 6:1KJV

It pleased Darius to set over the kingdom an hundred and twenty princes, which should be over the whole kingdom;

Daniel 8:14KJV
And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

Daniel 12:11KJV
And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

Below in Daniel 10:2-3 we see just another example of Daniel's literal weeks, as Daniel mourned and fasted for 3 literal weeks or 21 days.

Daniel 10:2-3KJV

2 In those days I Daniel was mourning three full weeks.
3 I ate no pleasant bread, neither came flesh nor wine in my mouth, neither did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled.

Below in Daniel 9:24-27 we see (70 Literal Future Weeks) or 490 days.

When the (Future) call/commandment goes out in Jerusalem to build unto the Jewish Meshiach/Messiah that they wait for (They Denied Jesus Christ) this will start the 7 week period.

62 literal weeks will be in building, and Meshiach/Messiah will be cut off as Armies surrounding Jerusalem, who stop the building.

The 70th literal week will see the antichrist revealed in making a covenant, and in the middle of this literal week he proclaims to be Meshiach/Messiah God to the Jews, and Jesus returned to the apostate church, to start a Millennium on earth.

The 3.5 year tribulation now starts.

Daniel 9:24-27KJV

24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Yogi

Daniel 9:24-27, Seventy Literal Weeks Explained?

Daniel's 70 weeks are literal 7 day periods, or 490 literal days.
That 70 week period is divided into one period of 7 weeks and 62 weeks (then of course there is the final week).
So, was the commandment to restore and rebuild Jerusalem carried out less than 2 months later?

Truth7t7

That 70 week period is divided into one period of 7 weeks and 62 weeks (then of course there is the final week).
So, was the commandment to restore and rebuild Jerusalem carried out less than 2 months later?
My opinion in explanation below is pretty straight forward, (Future) events, unfulfilled.

When the (Future) call/commandment goes out in Jerusalem to build unto the Jewish Meshiach/Messiah that they wait for (They Denied Jesus Christ) this will start the 7 week period.

Then 62 literal weeks will be in building, and Meshiach/Messiah will be cut off as Armies surrounding Jerusalem, who stop the building.

The 70th literal week will see the antichrist revealed in making a covenant, and in the middle of this literal week he proclaims to be Meshiach/Messiah God to the Jews, and Jesus returned to the apostate church, to start a Millennium on earth.

Last edited:

Yogi

My opinion in explanation below is pretty straight forward, (Future) events, unfulfilled.

Then 62 literal weeks will be in building, and Meshiach/Messiah will be cut off as Armies surrounding Jerusalem, who stop the building.

Wow, the antichrist will be in power for 3and one half days! What about the time stated in Rev. 13:5- And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

Truth7t7

Wow, the antichrist will be in power for 3and one half days! What about the time stated in Rev. 13:5- And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
Its Yogi who states 3.5 days, not me :)

I have clearly stated a 3.5 year tribulation below, from the revealing of the Antichrist

And yes the (Two Witnesses) will stand before the Antichrist during this tribulation, bringing all plagues upon the Antichrist and his kingdom, as often as they will.

A complete remake, of Moses/Aaron against Pharaoh of Egypt, Gods in control.

Truth7t7 Original Statement Below:

Revelation 11:3-6KJV

3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.
5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.
6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

Last edited:

Yogi

Its Yogi who states 3.5 days, not me :)

I have clearly stated a 3.5 year tribulation below, from the revealing of the Antichrist

And yes the (Two Witnesses) will stand before the Antichrist during this tribulation, bringing all plagues upon the Antichrist and his kingdom, as often as they will.

A complete remake, of Moses/Aaron against Pharaoh of Egypt, Gods in control.

Truth7t7 Original Statement Below:

Revelation 11:3-6KJV

3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.
5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.
6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.
This is wrong on multiple counts (no pun intended). Here is a quote from the actual text...
And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself:

The Messiah-JESUS_ WAS ALREADY cut off but not for Himself.
The Temple was completed 62 weeks (of years) after the decree.

Good luck with your made up stuff!

Arkycharlie

Daniel 9:24-27KJV
24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.
I will not address the utterly nonsensical “explanation” of Daniel 9:24-27. Rather, I will pose a few questions for the “explainer”. Who is “the Prince that shall come”. Is there a reference to him in the New Testament that is a direct quote from verse 26? If so (and it is so!), where is this found? How do you explain the significant differences to be found in this table of translations of verse 26 that I made ten years ago for an article that I wrote about the seventy weeks prophecy? I know exactly why these differences exist and who was in a sense responsible for these differences. All according to the plan and purpose of the Lord. My final question is, can you explain this plan and purpose? I'm guessing that you can't answer a single question because you are not nearly as clever as you seem to think you are.

Old Greek (Septuagint)
Circa 150 B.C.

Theodotion
Circa 200 A.D.

Peshitta
Aramaic OT
Circa 200 A.D.

Jerome
Commentary on Daniel
Circa 407 A.D.

Young's Literal
Translation

Circa 1862

Bible in Basic English (BBE)

God's Word
Translation

Modern English
Translation of The Jewish Tanakh
(Masoretic Text)

Modern English
New King James
26 And after seven and seventy and sixty two weeks, an anointing will be removed and will not be. And a king of nations will demolish the city and the sanctuary along with the anointed one, and his consummation will come with wrath even until the time of consummation. He will be attacked through war.

26 And after the sixty-two weeks, an anointing will be destroyed, and there is no judgment in it. And it will destroy the city and the sanctuary along with the leader who is to come. And they will be cut off by a flood, and there will be annihilations to the finish of a shortened war.

26 After sixty-two times seven weeks, Messiah shall be slain, and the city shall be without a ruler; and the holy city shall be destroyed together with the coming king; and the end thereof shall be a mass exile, and at the end of the war, desolations are determined

26 And after sixty-two weeks Christ shall be slain, and the people that shall deny Him shall not be His. And a people, with their leader that shall come, shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. And the end thereof shall be devastation, and after the end of the war there shall be the appointed desolation

26 And after the sixty and two weeks, cut off is Messiah, and the city and the holy place are not his, the Leader who hath come doth destroy the people; and its end [is] with a flood, and till the end [is] war, determined [are] desolations.

26 And at the end of the times, even after the sixty-two weeks, one on whom the holy oil has been put will be cut off and have no ...; and the town and the holy place will be made waste together with a prince; and the end will come with an overflowing of waters, and even to the end there will be war; the making waste which has been fixed.

26 But after the sixty-two sets of seven time periods, the Anointed One will be cut off and have nothing. The city and the holy place will be destroyed with the prince who is to come. His end will come with a flood until the end of the destructive war that has been determined.

26 And after the threescore and two weeks shall an anointed one be cut off, and be no more; and the people of a prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; but his end shall be with a flood; and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

26 And after the sixty-two weeks Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself; And the people of the prince who is to come Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary.
The end of it shall be with a flood, And till the end of the war desolations are determined.

Truth7t7

I will not address the utterly nonsensical “explanation” of Daniel 9:24-27. Rather, I will pose a few questions for the “explainer”. Who is “the Prince that shall come”. Is there a reference to him in the New Testament that is a direct quote from verse 26? If so (and it is so!), where is this found? How do you explain the significant differences to be found in this table of translations of verse 26 that I made ten years ago for an article that I wrote about the seventy weeks prophecy? I know exactly why these differences exist and who was in a sense responsible for these differences. All according to the plan and purpose of the Lord. My final question is, can you explain this plan and purpose? I'm guessing that you can't answer a single question because you are not nearly as clever as you seem to think you are.

Old Greek (Septuagint)
Circa 150 B.C.

Theodotion
Circa 200 A.D.

Peshitta
Aramaic OT
Circa 200 A.D.

Jerome
Commentary on Daniel
Circa 407 A.D.

Young's Literal
Translation

Circa 1862

Bible in Basic English (BBE)

God's Word
Translation

Modern English
Translation of The Jewish Tanakh
(Masoretic Text)

Modern English
New King James
26 And after seven and seventy and sixty two weeks, an anointing will be removed and will not be. And a king of nations will demolish the city and the sanctuary along with the anointed one, and his consummation will come with wrath even until the time of consummation. He will be attacked through war.

26 And after the sixty-two weeks, an anointing will be destroyed, and there is no judgment in it. And it will destroy the city and the sanctuary along with the leader who is to come. And they will be cut off by a flood, and there will be annihilations to the finish of a shortened war.

26 After sixty-two times seven weeks, Messiah shall be slain, and the city shall be without a ruler; and the holy city shall be destroyed together with the coming king; and the end thereof shall be a mass exile, and at the end of the war, desolations are determined

26 And after sixty-two weeks Christ shall be slain, and the people that shall deny Him shall not be His. And a people, with their leader that shall come, shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. And the end thereof shall be devastation, and after the end of the war there shall be the appointed desolation

26 And after the sixty and two weeks, cut off is Messiah, and the city and the holy place are not his, the Leader who hath come doth destroy the people; and its end [is] with a flood, and till the end [is] war, determined [are] desolations.

26 And at the end of the times, even after the sixty-two weeks, one on whom the holy oil has been put will be cut off and have no ...; and the town and the holy place will be made waste together with a prince; and the end will come with an overflowing of waters, and even to the end there will be war; the making waste which has been fixed.

26 But after the sixty-two sets of seven time periods, the Anointed One will be cut off and have nothing. The city and the holy place will be destroyed with the prince who is to come. His end will come with a flood until the end of the destructive war that has been determined.

26 And after the threescore and two weeks shall an anointed one be cut off, and be no more; and the people of a prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; but his end shall be with a flood; and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

26 And after the sixty-two weeks Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself; And the people of the prince who is to come Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary.
The end of it shall be with a flood, And till the end of the war desolations are determined.
Pretty cool Charlie, waiting for episode 2 in your explanation?

I don't claim to be the "expert", just my opinion regarding the scripture

Last edited:

Arkycharlie

Pretty cool Charlie, waiting for episode 2 in your explanation?

I don't claim to be the "expert", just my opinion regarding the scripture
Fine, this is “episode 2”. To begin, I am not trying to “explain” anything to you. And your disingenuous “’I don't claim to be the "expert"’ and “just my opinion” assertions are belied by the typical air of authority in pretty much all of your posts. And just for the record, when the subject is the Seventy Weeks of Daniel 9, I do claim to be an expert. And I can assure you, the answers to my questions are crucial to an accurate understanding of Daniel’s Seventy Weeks. Since you ignore my questions, because you don’t have a clue as to the correct answers, and I have known them for years, I view you to be a rank amateur on this subject as also demonstrated by your silly "literal weeks” theory. Since you haven’t asked, I will assume that you aren’t interested in the answers to my questions so I won’t bore you with them. Too bad. You might have learned something.

Truth7t7

Fine, this is “episode 2”. To begin, I am not trying to “explain” anything to you. And your disingenuous “’I don't claim to be the "expert"’ and “just my opinion” assertions are belied by the typical air of authority in pretty much all of your posts. And just for the record, when the subject is the Seventy Weeks of Daniel 9, I do claim to be an expert. And I can assure you, the answers to my questions are crucial to an accurate understanding of Daniel’s Seventy Weeks. Since you ignore my questions, because you don’t have a clue as to the correct answers, and I have known them for years, I view you to be a rank amateur on this subject as also demonstrated by your silly "literal weeks” theory. Since you haven’t asked, I will assume that you aren’t interested in the answers to my questions so I won’t bore you with them. Too bad. You might have learned something.
Childish personal attacks, you have no response to Daniel's future, literal 70 weeks.

Your quotation comparison chart has shown nothing, and is of no value in argument.

Arkycharlie

Childish personal attacks, you have no response to Daniel's future, literal 70 weeks.

Your quotation comparison chart has shown nothing, and is of no value in argument.

Just about what I expected. And your " “’I don't claim to be the "expert"’ and “just my opinion” rings hollow, once again!

7t7 says: "you have no response to Daniel's future, literal 70 weeks."

And YOU have a response to the questions that I asked? I wouldn’t know where to start addressing the nonsense in the OP. And since you refuse to respond to anything that I post, I’m not about to waste any further time in this thread trying to explain to you the numerous fallacies of your “literal 70 weeks” absurdity. Believe whatever you want. I couldn’t care less.