Daniel 9:24-27 Seventy Literal Weeks Explained?

Truth7t7

Daniel 9:24-27, Seventy Literal Weeks Explained?

Daniel's 70 weeks are literal 7 day periods, or 490 literal days.

If Daniel meant 490 years he would have written

(Four Hundred Ninety Years)

Daniel had no restrictions in "Writing" exact numerology as seen below.

Daniel 6:1KJV
It pleased Darius to set over the kingdom an hundred and twenty princes, which should be over the whole kingdom;

Daniel 8:14KJV
And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

Daniel 12:11KJV
And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

Below in Daniel 10:2-3 we see just another example of Daniel's literal weeks, as Daniel mourned and fasted for 3 literal weeks or 21 days.

Daniel 10:2-3KJV
2 In those days I Daniel was mourning three full weeks.
3 I ate no pleasant bread, neither came flesh nor wine in my mouth, neither did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled.

Below in Daniel 9:24-27 we see 70 literal future weeks or 490 days.

When the call/commandment goes out in Jerusalem to build unto the Jewish Meshiach/Messiah that they wait for (They Denied Jesus Christ) this will start the 7 week period.

62 literal weeks will be in building, and Meshiach/Messiah will be cut off by the Antichrist who stops the building.

The 70th literal week will see the antichrist revealed in making a covenant, and in the middle of this literal week he proclaims to be Meshiach/Messiah God to the Jews, and Jesus returned to the apostate church, to start a Millennium on earth.

The 3.5 year tribulation starts at this time.

Daniel 9:24-27KJV
24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Yahchristian

When the call/commandment goes out in Jerusalem to build unto the Jewish Meshiach/Messiah that they wait for (They Denied Jesus Christ) this will start the 7 week period.

So you believe “the Messiah the Prince” (verse 25) is NOT Jesus.

Correct me if I misunderstood your post.

Truth7t7

So you believe “the Messiah the Prince” (verse 25) is NOT Jesus.

Correct me if I misunderstood your post.
(Yes)

I believe the Jews will build the wall and street in the "future" to their awaited upon prophesied Messiah, as seen in the old testament, this being "Messiah The Prince" in verse 25 that we know as Jesus Christ

When Jerusalem is surrounded by armies in the 69th week, and the building stops then (Messiah Is Cut Off) a future event

Last edited:

Truth7t7

The word translated 'weeks', is shibiom, which literally means sevens. They can be seven of anything and in the case of Daniel 9:24, they plainly mean years. As my REBible does say.

It pleased Darius to set over the kingdom an hundred and twenty princes, which should be over the whole kingdom;

And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

SteveB

Daniel 9:24-27, Seventy Literal Weeks Explained?

Daniel's 70 weeks are literal 7 day periods, or 490 literal days.

Below in Daniel 10:2-3 we see just another example of Daniel's literal weeks, as Daniel mourned and fasted for 3 literal weeks or 21 days.

Daniel 10:2-3KJV
2 In those days I Daniel was mourning three full weeks.
3 I ate no pleasant bread, neither came flesh nor wine in my mouth, neither did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled.

Below in Daniel 9:24-27 we see 70 literal future weeks or 490 days.

62 literal weeks will be in building, and Meshiach/Messiah will be cut off by the Antichrist who stops the building.

The 70th literal week will see the antichrist revealed in making a covenant, and in the middle of this literal week he proclaims to be Meshiach/Messiah God to the Jews, and Jesus returned to the apostate church, to start a Millennium on earth.

The 3.5 year tribulation starts at this time.

Daniel 9:24-27KJV
24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.
I'll stick with Sir Robert Anderson's book,
The Coming Prince

The Coming Prince: The Marvelous Prophecy of Daniel's Seventy Weeks Concerning the Antichrist https://g.co/kgs/3DH6PG

Truth7t7

I'll stick with Sir Robert Anderson's book,
The Coming Prince

The Coming Prince: The Marvelous Prophecy of Daniel's Seventy Weeks Concerning the Antichrist https://g.co/kgs/3DH6PG
Sir Robert Anderson followed the Occultist in Sir Issac Newton, In Daniel's interpretation of 70 weeks

Anderson was noting more than an extension of John N. Darby, C.I. Scofield, and the Plymouth Brethren in teaching, the very founders of Dispensationalism that you follow

Wikipedia: Sir Robert Anderson
He was especially close to some of the greatest biblical teachers of his day, including James Martin Gray, Cyrus Scofield, A. C. Dixon, Horatius Bonar and E. W. Bullinger. He also preached with John Nelson Darby in the West of Ireland. Anderson was a member of the Plymouth Brethren, first with Darby then with the Open Brethren party, before returning to his Presbyterian roots. He wrote numerous theological works: C. H. Spurgeon commented that Anderson's book Human Destiny was "the most valuable contribution on the subject" that he had seen.[5]

Today he is best known for his book, The Coming Prince, linked below, in which he explained the prophesy of the Book of Daniel 9:24. Daniel said the Jewish Messiah would come 490 years after the commandment (of Cyrus, king of Persia) to rebuild and restore Jerusalem. Anderson's calculations showed that Jesus Christ rode into Jerusalem to public acclaim, Luke 19, known as the Triumphal Entry, on the precise day that was prophesied by Daniel.

Last edited:

SteveB

Sir Robert Anderson followed the Occultist in Sir Issac Newton, In Daniel's interpretation of 70 weeks

Anderson was noting more than an extension of John N. Darby, C.I. Scofield, and the Plymouth Brethren in teaching, the very founders of Dispensationalism that you follow

Wikipedia: Sir Robert Anderson
He was especially close to some of the greatest biblical teachers of his day, including James Martin Gray, Cyrus Scofield, A. C. Dixon, Horatius Bonar and E. W. Bullinger. He also preached with John Nelson Darby in the West of Ireland. Anderson was a member of the Plymouth Brethren, first with Darby then with the Open Brethren party, before returning to his Presbyterian roots. He wrote numerous theological works: C. H. Spurgeon commented that Anderson's book Human Destiny was "the most valuable contribution on the subject" that he had seen.[5]

Today he is best known for his book, The Coming Prince, linked below, in which he explained the prophesy of the Book of Daniel 9:24. Daniel said the Jewish Messiah would come 490 years after the commandment (of Cyrus, king of Persia) to rebuild and restore Jerusalem. Anderson's calculations showed that Jesus Christ rode into Jerusalem to public acclaim, Luke 19, known as the Triumphal Entry, on the precise day that was prophesied by Daniel.
Oh well. If you can't focus on the facts, batter the people you think are to blame.

You've just demonstrated the importance of the bible and why you're not a reliable source.

Thank you.

Truth7t7

Oh well. If you can't focus on the facts
Yes it is a fact Robert Anderson copied Occultist Sir Issac Newton (1727 Observations upon the Prophecies of Daniel, and the Apocalypse of St John)

Anderson in (The Coming Prince 1894) copied Occultist Newton, it wasn't Anderson's new idea in the mathematical formulas, plagiarism to be honest

Yes it is a fact Robert Anderson was an adherent of John N. Darby and the Plymouth Brethren

Yes it is a fact, that Daniel's weeks are literal 7 day periods totaling 490 days, not 490 years as dispensationalisms teachers promote

Last edited:

rod.ney

Yes it is a fact Robert Anderson copied Occultist Sir Issac Newton (1727 Observations upon the Prophecies of Daniel, and the Apocalypse of St John)

Anderson in (The Coming Prince 1894) copied Occultist Newton, it wasn't Anderson's new idea in the mathematical formulas, plagiarism to be honest

Yes it is a fact Robert Anderson was an adherent of John N. Darby and the Plymouth Brethren

Yes it is a fact, that Daniel's weeks are literal 7 day periods totaling 490 days, not 490 years as dispensationalisms teachers promote
FYI T7t7, Dan.9:27 is not a week of days! It is clearly a week of years, as ALL of those 70 weeks are in Dan.9:24-27! Proof, the 2 witnesses prophesy for the first half of Dan.9:27 and it is 3.5 years and not 3.5 days as 42 Months/1,260 days are CLEARLY written in Rev.11:2-3! Then the 2 are killed and the AC reigns for the 2nd half of that week of years ( not days ) or 3.5 years ( the Great Trib. in the Middle of Dan.9:27 )! Case closed! Jesus came on the scene ( riding a donkey - March 30, 33AD ) EXACTLY 490 Years after the decree was issued to Nehemiah ( Nehemiah chapter two ) by king Artaxerxes in the 20th year of his Reign on Nissan of 444 BC! Then He was cut off ( Crucified - April 3rd of 33 AD ) just 4 days after that 69th seven ( 7 sevens + 62 sevens = 69 sevens ) as per Dan.9:25!

SteveB

Then you have nothing to worry about.

Jesus came to establish the Kingdom of God on earth 490 days after the command to restore and rebuild Jerusalem was issued, and you missed it.
Now you're stuck on earth with the rest of us and you have no hope of salvation, because you don't actually believe YHVH.

Wow. That was easier than you thought.
Moreover, you have Jesus coming the second time before he was born.

It's a good thing we don't believe you.

Paul would place you in the false teacher category in 2 Thessalonians 2 passage.

2Th 2:1-5 WEB 1 Now, brothers, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to him, we ask you 2 not to be quickly shaken in your mind, and not be troubled, either by spirit, or by word, or by letter as if from us, saying that the day of Christ has already come. 3 Let no one deceive you in any way. For it will not be, unless the rebellion comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of destruction, 4 he who opposes and exalts himself against all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, setting himself up as God. 5 Don’t you remember that, when I was still with you, I told you these things?

Thank you for making this so easy.

Truth7t7

FYI T7t7, Dan.9:27 is not a week of days! It is clearly a week of years, as ALL of those 70 weeks are in Dan.9:24-27! Proof, the 2 witnesses prophesy for the first half of Dan.9:27 and it is 3.5 years and not 3.5 days as 42 Months/1,260 days are CLEARLY written in Rev.11:2-3! Then the 2 are killed and the AC reigns for the 2nd half of that week of years ( not days ) or 3.5 years ( the Great Trib. in the Middle of Dan.9:27 )! Case closed! Jesus came on the scene ( riding a donkey - March 30, 33AD ) EXACTLY 490 Years after the decree was issued to Nehemiah ( Nehemiah chapter two ) by king Artaxerxes in the 20th year of his Reign on Nissan of 444 BC! Then He was cut off ( Crucified - April 3rd of 33 AD ) just 4 days after that 69th seven ( 7 sevens + 62 sevens = 69 sevens ) as per Dan.9:25!
Rod.ney lives!

Truth7t7

Then you have nothing to worry about.

Jesus came to establish the Kingdom of God on earth 490 days after the command to restore and rebuild Jerusalem was issued, and you missed it.
Now you're stuck on earth with the rest of us and you have no hope of salvation, because you don't actually believe YHVH.

Wow. That was easier than you thought.
Moreover, you have Jesus coming the second time before he was born.

It's a good thing we don't believe you.

Paul would place you in the false teacher category in 2 Thessalonians 2 passage.

2Th 2:1-5 WEB 1 Now, brothers, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to him, we ask you 2 not to be quickly shaken in your mind, and not be troubled, either by spirit, or by word, or by letter as if from us, saying that the day of Christ has already come. 3 Let no one deceive you in any way. For it will not be, unless the rebellion comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of destruction, 4 he who opposes and exalts himself against all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, setting himself up as God. 5 Don’t you remember that, when I was still with you, I told you these things?

Thank you for making this so easy.
Truth is, your 490 day calculation of man, means absolutely nothing to the believer and salvation, "Nothing"

You follow John N. Darby & Adulterer C.I. Scofield in their teachings of dispensationalism in a pre-trib rapture and Millennial kingdom, both which aren't found in scripture, with these simply being fabrications of man

SteveB

Truth is, your 490 day calculation of man, means absolutely nothing to the believer and salvation, "Nothing"

You follow John N. Darby & Adulterer C.I. Scofield in their teachings of dispensationalism in a pre-trib rapture and Millennial kingdom, both which aren't found in scripture, with these simply being fabrications of man
Just as long as you believe that, you exclude yourself from knowing the truth.

Remember, you're the one who said 490 actual days, not 490 years.

The Hebrew states 69 shevas.

וְתֵדַ֨ע H3045 ve·te·Da' Know וְתַשְׂכֵּ֜ל H7919 ve·tas·Kel therefore and understand מִן־ H4480 min- at מֹצָ֣א H4161 mo·Tza [that] from the going forth דָבָ֗ר H1697 da·Var, of the commandment לְהָשִׁיב֙ H7725 le·ha·Shiv to restore וְלִבְנ֤וֹת H1129 ve·liv·Not and to build יְרֽוּשָׁלִַ֙ם֙ H3389 ye·ru·sha·Lim Jerusalem עַד־ H5704 'ad- until מָשִׁ֣יחַ H4899 ma·Shi·ach unto the Messiah נָגִ֔יד H5057 na·Gid, the Prince שָׁבֻעִ֖ים H7620 sha·vu·'Im weeks שִׁבְעָ֑ה H7651 shiv·'Ah; [shall be] seven וְשָׁבֻעִ֞ים H7620 ve·sha·vu·'Im weeks שִׁשִּׁ֣ים H8346 shish·Shim and threescore וּשְׁנַ֗יִם H8147 u·she·Na·yim, and two תָּשׁוּב֙ H7725 ta·Shuv again וְנִבְנְתָה֙ H1129 ve·niv·ne·Tah shall be built רְח֣וֹב H7339 re·Chov the street וְחָר֔וּץ H2742 ve·cha·Rutz, and the wall וּבְצ֖וֹק H6695 uv·Tzok even in troublous הָעִתִּֽים׃ H6256 ha·'it·Tim. times

Truth7t7

Remember, you're the one who said 490 actual days, not 490 years.
490 "future" days, that will "Start" when the "future" command is given to build the wall and street in Jerusalem, that will see the 70th future week in the revealing of the Antichrist in Jerusalem, claiming to be God Messiah to the Jews and world, at this time the "Future" 3.5 year tribulation starts

The Holy Bible Teaches Seventy Weeks or Four Hundred Ninety Days

Last edited:

SteveB

490 "future" days, that will "Start" when the "future" command is given to build the wall and street in Jerusalem, that will see the 70th future week in the revealing of the Antichrist in Jerusalem, claiming to be God Messiah to the Jews and world, at this time the "Future" 3.5 year tribulation starts

The Holy Bible Teaches Seventy Weeks or Four Hundred Ninety Days
There's a number of problems here.

1- the command was given in 444 bc, by Artexerxes.
2- Nehemiah and his crew rebuilt and restored the city.
3- the city is already established, and looks like it's in good shape.
4- 3-1/2 years is 1260 days.
5- the Messiah, has already come once, to pay for the sin of the human race.
6- His presentation to the nation was on the exact day foretold to Daniel, by the angel, using the 490 year schedule. I.e., what we now call Palm Sunday.

So, if you're trying to rewrite the bible, you're definitely a false teacher.

The idea of calling YHVH a liar because you want him to return 490 days, after Gabriel said the command to restore and rebuild Jerusalem, which took place in Nehemiah's lifetime....

You have a serious problem.

Truth7t7

There's a number of problems here.

1- the command was given in 444 bc, by Artexerxes.
2- Nehemiah and his crew rebuilt and restored the city.
3- the city is already established, and looks like it's in good shape.
4- 3-1/2 years is 1260 days.
5- the Messiah, has already come once, to pay for the sin of the human race.
6- His presentation to the nation was on the exact day foretold to Daniel, by the angel, using the 490 year schedule. I.e., what we now call Palm Sunday.

So, if you're trying to rewrite the bible, you're definitely a false teacher.

The idea of calling YHVH a liar because you want him to return 490 days, after Gabriel said the command to restore and rebuild Jerusalem, which took place in Nehemiah's lifetime....

You have a serious problem.
It's Occultist Sir Isaac Newton's Claim in 1727 that The Command To Build The Wall And Street Is Seen In 444BC at the command of Artaxerxes , Steve And Robert Anderson Follow HisTeaching

69 weeks fulfilled,with a floating week in Millenniums and still waiting, Big Smiles!

As Daniel 9:26-27 clearly teaches, the "Future" fulfilling of the gentiles is taking place "Messiah Cut Off" Rev 11:2, as the people of the prince come and destroy the city, the Antichrist is revealed in the 70th week starting the tribulation, and he will be present the entire time making abominations and desolation to the very (Consummation) The Ultimate End

Merriam-Webster​

Definition of consummation

1: the act of consummatingthe consummation of a contract by mutual signaturespecifically : the consummating of a marriage
2: the ultimate end : FINISH

Daniel 9:26-27KJV

rod.ney

Rod.ney lives!
then you now agree that the 70 sevens are weeks of years and NOT weeks of days as Rev.11:2-3 shows us the first half of Daniels 70th seven ( Dan.9:27 ) as 42 months ( 3.5 years ) and NOT 3.5 days ( if they were weeks of days as you formerly stated in one of your posts on this thread )!

Truth7t7

then you now agree that the 70 sevens are weeks of years and NOT weeks of days as Rev.11:2-3 shows us the first half of Daniels 70th seven ( Dan.9:27 ) as 42 months ( 3.5 years ) and NOT 3.5 days ( if they were weeks of days as you formerly stated in one of your posts on this thread )!
Of course I don't, I was saying hi Rod

Of course Daniel's 70 weeks are 490 literal future days, I agree with you

rod.ney

Of course I don't, I was saying hi Rod

Of course Daniel's 70 weeks are 490 literal future days, I agree with you
Then you have to REJECT God's scripture in Rev. chapter 11 concerning Daniels 70th seven ( Dan.9:27 ) because those 2 Witnesses Prophesy for 42 months ( 3.5 Years - Not days ) for the first half of that Final ( the 70th one ) week of Daniels 70 weeks ! God's scriptures prevail! BTW only the 70th seven is future because the cut off ( Crucifixion just after the 69th seven { 483 Years Not 490 } that happened on Nissan of March 30th - Psalm Sunday - riding a donkey ) already happened on Nisan ( April 3rd ) in 33 AD! Thus Only the 70th seven ( Dan.9:27 ) is still future and the Great Trib. happens in the MIDDLE of those final 7 years ( not days )! Case closed!

Last edited: