Dare to be Gracious

Jhondey99

To those who think they can live comfortably in sin, denying cardinal doctrines of the faith, Paul says that their faith is futile. To those who persist in the teachings of the gospel, he says that their salvation will be brought to completion.

Gary Mac

To those who think they can live comfortably in sin, denying cardinal doctrines of the faith, Paul says that their faith is futile. To those who persist in the teachings of the gospel, he says that their salvation will be brought to completion.
These do not know what it is to love comfortable without sin. 1 John 3:9 for we who are born of God it is impossible to be in sin, in that comes the comfort of living with Him in His kingdom this day where His perfections are our own.

Thistle

How can we make disciples without teaching them to "observe whatsoever I have commanded you?"

Gary Mac

How can we make disciples without teaching them to "observe whatsoever I have commanded you?"
One cant make a disciple without being one yourself, people observe who you are. Jesus commanded that we be perfict as our Father in heaven is perfect, pure, holy, and without sin, The Father in you and you in Him as one as Jesus was one in Him with the same signs following.

These are the traits of a disciple that people observe that he commanded of us. How can one make a disciple if he himself doesnt have the traits of?

civic

One cant make a disciple without being one yourself, people observe who you are. Jesus commanded that we be perfict as our Father in heaven is perfect, pure, holy, and without sin, The Father in you and you in Him as one as Jesus was one in Him with the same signs following.

These are the traits of a disciple that people observe that he commanded of us. How can one make a disciple if he himself doesnt have the traits of?
And if we say we have no sin we lie and the truth is not in us. 1 John 1:8

If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us. 1 John 1:10

Thistle

And I don't have those traits on what evidence exactly?

Gary Mac

And if we say we have no sin we lie and the truth is not in us. 1 John 1:8

If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us. 1 John 1:10
Amen if you say you are of Christ who is without sin yet a sinner, that makes CHrist a liar for He cleanses us from all unrighteousness just as it says.

And note -- sinned is past participle, even Jesus was made to be sin by the things his mortal man suffered by those claiming he was blasphemer, and couldnt be without sin. It isnt that he was not without sin it was the laws of those religious folk that said he couldnt be wirthout sin. Same today with the laws most have established that says that we cant be perfect even as our Father in heaven is perfect as Christ commands of us to apply to us.

You act as if John contradicted himsaelf in 1 John 3:9 where we who are born of God it is IMPOSSIBLE to be in sin. You can read it. ANd if you are a sinner read who John said you are of in 1 John 3:8, he was clear who yuou follow and are of.

Isnt it that your laws that says you are a sinner instead of the righteousness of God in Christ that cleanses us from sin that you cant relate to how He does cleans us from all unrighteousness? You are leaving out the important part of 1 John 1. He really does cleans us from all unrighteousness, you just dont believe Him that he does is all.

Gary Mac

And I don't have those traits on what evidence exactly?
I didnt say that you didnt have those traits, you may for sure. I only commented on your post about making disciples. You know if you are like Him or not and walk as He walks and perfect in righteousness.

Thistle

I didnt say that you didnt have those traits, you may for sure. I only commented on your post about making disciples. You know if you are like Him or not and walk as He walks and perfect in righteousness.
Are you of the opinion that sanctification is like flipping a switch?

civic

yes he is sinless according to him just as Jesus was sinless. he flipped on his sinless switch and like superman wears a big S on his shirt so everyone knows he is Sinless.

He would of been the only one when Jesus said he who is without sin cast the first stone. Gary would of thrown a pile of rocks at her.

Thistle

yes he is sinless according to him just as Jesus was sinless. he flipped on his sinless switch and like superman wears a big S on his shirt so everyone knows he is Sinless.

He would of been the only one when Jesus said he who is without sin cast the first stone. Gary would of thrown a pile of rocks at her.
Well, that was the question I was trying to get to the bottom of.

Gary Mac

Oh no not at all. Sanctification takes a lot of work. One has to empty self of everything he has been programmed to believe by the laws man has created to regulate their beliefs, a purging, cleansing, and put on the Christ for yourself, which simply is Gods anointing in you, God manifest in you where He becomes ones Sirit, ones mind, walk as He walks in it. One has to sacrifice self, die to self, in order for Christ to be risen in you and be perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect, which is sanctification. .

Thistle

Oh no not at all. Sanctification takes a lot of work. One has to empty self of everything he has been programmed to believe by the laws man has created to regulate their beliefs, a purging, cleansing, and put on the Christ for yourself, which simply is Gods anointing in you, God manifest in you where He becomes ones Sirit, ones mind, walk as He walks in it. One has to sacrifice self, die to self, in order for Christ to be risen in you and be perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect, which is sanctification. .
Sanctification is the job of the Holy Spirit. It's mostly about not getting in the Holy Spirits way. The challenge is getting out of the drives seat.

Gary Mac

Sanctification is the job of the Holy Spirit. It's mostly about not getting in the Holy Spirits way. The challenge is getting out of the drives seat.
Oh No God will never force His will on you, you have to work out His salvation. The challenge is putting away your pride and in gettin in the drivers seat and obeying Him in His way which is Holines, righteousness, walk as He walks in His same SPirit, perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect. This is up to you wheter you do not God already has told us what we must do in order to have and recieve from Him that what Jesus recieved and had from Him. Jesus had to learn obediance to Him just as we all do.

But you are correct in that His SPirit does the work but it is up to you to revieve Him.

Thistle

Oh No God will never force His will on you,
Is that a response to my comment? There is no logical connection between what I said and that comment.
you have to work out His salvation.
The Holy Spirit has nothing to be saved from.
The challenge is putting away your pride and in gettin in the drivers seat
Jesus said the Father was in the drivers seat John 5:19 ff.
and obeying Him in His way which is Holines, righteousness, walk as He walks in His same SPirit, perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect.
So we agree that God is in the drivers seat?
This is up to you wheter you do not God already has told us what we must do in order to have and recieve from Him that what Jesus recieved and had from Him. Jesus had to learn obediance to Him just as we all do.
I don't know what you mean Jesus had to "learn." Jesus was obedient.
But you are correct in that His SPirit does the work but it is up to you to revieve Him.
Open God's word he will speak.

Gary Mac

Is that a response to my comment? There is no logical connection between what I said and that comment.

The Holy Spirit has nothing to be saved from.

Jesus said the Father was in the drivers seat John 5:19 ff.

So we agree that God is in the drivers seat?

I don't know what you mean Jesus had to "learn." Jesus was obedient.

Open God's word he will speak.

I do appologize I mis read your post. Yes we must get out of the way and let Him do the work in us.

And true Gods Holy Spirit is salvation.

God is in the drivers seat if one is driven by Him to be like Him as He demands of us to walk as He walks in it.

Jesus learned spiritual obediance in the thinghs he suffered in his flesh. Jesus had to learn from God by Gods SPirit, and Jesus didnt know Him or His SPirit until Goid came to him by His Spirit and opend all of it to him in Matt 3:16. We are no different from the same at all, one cant know God at all without the same Spirit be in you who was in Christ Jesus. A learning experience all go through who do recieve form God His SPirit. It isnt something we are not born with not even Jesus was born with it or Matt 3:16 never would have been written.

And it isnt about opening a book and expect God to speak through it, one could wind up like Jim Jones or David Koresh when they opend up the book to hear from it. It really is about recieveing from God Himself His word for His word is not written on stone or a page paper but is written in the herts of the ones who He resides in by His Spirit be our own spirit.

One cant know His will at all without His SPirit to instruct, the book can be and is so misinterpreted even edited from lack in God interpreting it for man. The book is law and only a tutorial to lead one to Christ, JKV says schoolmaster, and once faith is achieved we are no longer of it but recieve from God Himself His will for mankind, which simply is Love.

Thistle

I do appologize I mis read your post. Yes we must get out of the way and let Him do the work in us.

And true Gods Holy Spirit is salvation.
The Holy Spirit presides over one half of the double cure of salvation. We have a judicial problem in as much as we are guilty of sin. That is rectified in an instant by justification when we are buried with Christ and rise to walk in newness of life. Our other problem is a spiritual health problem. We could call it sin sickness. The Holy Spirit is the great physician who heals us of this. Each day of our lives after conversion we get a little better. This spiritual healing is called sanctification. And to any extent this process is not complete at the end of our lives, the Spirit will complete the job so that we will be truly transformed into the image of His Son as we join him in glory.
God is in the drivers seat if one is driven by Him to be like Him as He demands of us to walk as He walks in it.
Since we are using analogies here, I might prefer to say God will naturally take the drivers seat provided we let him. In most instances He won't grab us by the shirt collar and pull us out of the drivers seat, although he did exactly that to Saul on the road to Damascus.
Jesus learned spiritual obediance in the thinghs he suffered in his flesh. Jesus had to learn from God by Gods SPirit, and Jesus didnt know Him or His SPirit until Goid came to him by His Spirit and opend all of it to him in Matt 3:16.
I don't believe that is a good inference. Jesus was conceived by the Holy Spirit [Matthew 1:20]. The entire family of John the baptist had the Holy Spirit in connection of his birth including John [Luke 1:15-17; 41, 67]. Jesus seem to make a general claim to the Holy Spirit that I would think is universal [John 8:23]. Given all of this evidence, the notion that Jesus had less access to the Holy Spirit as a child, than did John, strikes me as a very doubtful proposition. Jesus literal baptism included a Baptism of the Holy Spirit [BHS]. BHS is a visible intervention of Holy Spirit power marking an event as a primary event dividing all of temporal history. It's closely related to redemption, but not redemptive as such.
We are no different from the same at all, one cant know God at all without the same Spirit be in you who was in Christ Jesus.
We are categorically different as Jesus makes unmistakably clear in John 8:23.
A learning experience all go through who do recieve form God His SPirit. It isnt something we are not born with not even Jesus was born with it or Matt 3:16 never would have been written.
Again, for the reasons I mention above I can't agree with that.
And it isnt about opening a book and expect God to speak through it,
What on earth do you think Jesus was talking about in John 14 -18 to the apostles in the upper room? He was talking about the Holy Spirit coming to superintend the recording of the New Testament. That and the Old Testament is God's word.
one could wind up like Jim Jones or David Koresh when they opend up the book to hear from it. It really is about recieveing from God Himself His word for His word is not written on stone or a page paper but is written in the herts of the ones who He resides in by His Spirit be our own spirit.
The evidence you present points to the exact opposite conclusion. The scripture is inspired, not anyone's interpretation.
One cant know His will at all without His SPirit to instruct, the book can be and is so misinterpreted even edited from lack in God interpreting it for man.
To whatever extent we let this comment stand, the problem is not that language is inadequate it can't transmit God's word. After all, language is the medium by which we are having this discussion. And you apparently deem it adequate to express your ideas. God is not less capable than you are.
The book is law and only a tutorial to lead one to Christ, JKV says schoolmaster, and once faith is achieved we are no longer of it but recieve from God Himself His will for mankind, which simply is Love.
I think you've drawn entirely the wrong lesson from that passage. Our, "law" is the collection of imperative statements that God has directed at us with our obedience in mind. The Old Testament had 613 of them and the New Testament has nearly a thousand, and by and large they are harder to follow. We have an absolute obligation to obey "whatsoever I have commanded you." The key point is, this kind of obedience is not a salvation issue, it's a sanctification issue.

Gary Mac

The Holy Spirit presides over one half of the double cure of salvation. We have a judicial problem in as much as we are guilty of sin. That is rectified in an instant by justification when we are buried with Christ and rise to walk in newness of life. Our other problem is a spiritual health problem. We could call it sin sickness. The Holy Spirit is the great physician who heals us of this. Each day of our lives after conversion we get a little better. This spiritual healing is called sanctification. And to any extent this process is not complete at the end of our lives, the Spirit will complete the job so that we will be truly transformed into the image of His Son as we join him in glory.

Born again is the resurrection Jesus spoke of, a complete renewing where old things has passed away, old thinhgs as in the laws to govern beliefs, and all things became new, a new heaven and earth is opend just as God opend it to Jesus in Matt 3:16. He really did open His heaven to Jesus. Not many believe that He did though from lack in identifying with the same happening in them from God. The grave is not going to change anyone, it is to late for that change by then. If one cant see Him, now what makes one think he will when he is dead? He really is a God of the living not the dead.

Since we are using analogies here, I might prefer to say God will naturally take the drivers seat provided we let him. In most instances He won't grab us by the shirt collar and pull us out of the drivers seat, although he did exactly that to Saul on the road to Damascus.

Anologies is not an issue if one is identified with God as Jesus was identified with Him. God is straigt forward in His terms for who we should be and will be IF. It isnt up to God for who I am, that is up to me wheter I accept His terms for Him be manifest in me. Jesus had that same option. He could have continued in the safety of the laws he taught in the temples in Bethlehem instead of stepping out into Jerusalem and recievinbg from God Himself His Spirit where scandals, hatered, strif, came from the very ones he once taught in the temples. The very ones who had him crucified for blaspheme. He made the same choice we all make if we are to recieve from God His will for mankind. One can sit in a pew and listen to 52 life changing sermons a year and teachings of law that comes out from that pulpit, but the momnent one steps into God kingdom as Jesus did, trials and tribulations will be the norm just as it was for Jesus and all these othets we read about where they recieved from God to be come like Him instead of the laws of religious folk who dictate to their gods for their beliefs by law.

I don't believe that is a good inference. Jesus was conceived by the Holy Spirit [Matthew 1:20]. The entire family of John the baptist had the Holy Spirit in connection of his birth including John [Luke 1:15-17; 41, 67]. Jesus seem to make a general claim to the Holy Spirit that I would think is universal [John 8:23]. Given all of this evidence, the notion that Jesus had less access to the Holy Spirit as a child, than did John, strikes me as a very doubtful proposition. Jesus literal baptism included a Baptism of the Holy Spirit [BHS]. BHS is a visible intervention of Holy Spirit power marking an event as a primary event dividing all of temporal history. It's closely related to redemption, but not redemptive as such.
Every single perfson who is of God is concieved by His same Spirit. Starting in Adam was the same Spirit, Abraham concieved the same SPirit of God, Moses concieved that same SPirit on the mountain, Mary concieved that same SPirit of God, Jesus concieved the SPirit of God in Matt 3:16, 120 concieved of that same Spirit in an upper room. And it is the very same Spirit we are concieved from who has recieved His seed, giving birth to that seed, Christ within, Gods anointing, is the hard part for reigious folk to concieve, for their relationship to God is totally by law instead of SPirit to be like Him instead as He demands of us if we are to be His bride, and His bride gives birth to His seed. Which is Christ in you.

We are categorically different as Jesus makes unmistakably clear in John 8:23.
Only different if you do not have from the Father that what Jesus had from Him. The Jews in John 3 didnt believe Jesus just as religious folk to day do not believe him to be one in the Father as he was one in Him, He in you and you in Him as one, to be ye therefore perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect. Would that perfection be different from what Jesus had in his relationship to his God?

Beware of anything that will seperate your oneness from the Father and from what Jesus was one in the Father that Jesus prayed to his God that we be in John 17.

Again, for the reasons I mention above I can't agree with that.
If Jesus didnt learn from God when God came to him and opend up His heaven to that man in Matt 3:16, there is no way he could have known the will of the Father at all. And we are no different at all.

If you are different from the one God sent to show us what it is to live His way, His truth, live His life, then Jesus wasted his time when he said no one comes to the Father but by me and live it yourself. You cant be in the Father without it.

What on earth do you think Jesus was talking about in John 14 -18 to the apostles in the upper room? He was talking about the Holy Spirit coming to superintend the recording of the New Testament. That and the Old Testament is God's word.
No Jesus was speaking that they could not understanbd him least they have the same from the One who sent him to show them what it is to live the life of God as he did. Jesus was speaking of you and who are you.
The evidence you present points to the exact opposite conclusion. The scripture is inspired, not anyone's interpretation.
I see so the likes of Jim Jones and David Koresh who read the bible had the right interpretations? What about Hitler he saids he was inspiried by the word of God. Did they or did they not interpret it?

Was not the bible assembled from other bibles man wrote and put into canaon by a king who didnt even believe in God and authorised it? Was he inspiried by a god thet he didnt even believe in? people need to walk up and recieve where Gods word really ocme from, Matt 3:16 is a good statr for all who will recieve the same information where God opens it Himself. The book is only testimonies of how to.

People hear from a pulpit every sunday preaches interpretations of the bible according to their own knowledge of it. That is exactly what Jesus said that in that day ye shall ask me noting but go to the Father for yourself and He will give it you. That does not come from a book it comes by Gods SPirit alone just as He opend in in Jesus in Matt 3:16, Adam Moses, Abraham, 120, the very same.
To whatever extent we let this comment stand, the problem is not that language is inadequate it can't transmit God's word. After all, language is the medium by which we are having this discussion. And you apparently deem it adequate to express your ideas. God is not less capable than you are.
not once have you heard me express my ideas, only what God and Jesus said you will be if you recieve from God His same mind, Spirit, disposition to walk as He walks in it. This isnt someting that is up for debate, either you have recieved from Him that what Jesus and these others did as God demands of you or you have not
I think you've drawn entirely the wrong lesson from that passage. Our, "law" is the collection of imperative statements that God has directed at us with our obedience in mind. The Old Testament had 613 of them and the New Testament has nearly a thousand, and by and large they are harder to follow. We have an absolute obligation to obey "whatsoever I have commanded you." The key point is, this kind of obedience is not a salvation issue, it's a sanctification issue.
Actually origionally there were some 2300 origional laws, these were reduce to 613 which about half dealt with mans relationship to God and half dealt with mans relationship to man. These 613 was reduced to ten by Moses, the first four deal with mans relationship to God, the last six deal with mans relationship to man. Jesus reduced these ten to two, the first is with God Love God, the second deals with man love man. These are things people in carnality cling to deal with the flesh man and cant see they are a tutorial for who they are suposed to be, they try but fail misertably from lack in being able to complete them.

The new laws introduced as in Be one in the Father with He in you and you in Him as one as Jesus was one in Him. And the commandment of us to be ye therefore perfect even as your Father in haven is perfect, have the same mind Jesus had of the Father, walk as He walks in it, the same signs follow those who believe. Be holy, pure and without sin, and those who are born of God it is impossible to be in sin, 1 John 3:9,

If one has from God His SPirit, which simply is Love, all of these laws are fulfilled, we become like Him, same SPirit be in me who was in Christ Jesus, and did pick up that cross Jesus put into law and did follow him in his way of the Fathe for my identiy is with the Father just as Jesus identity was with the Father.

How can one say he is of Christ yet flat out deny to be that person of Christ that God anointes us with to be by His SPirit?

Last edited:

Thistle

Born again is the resurrection Jesus spoke of, a complete renewing where old things has passed away, old thinhgs as in the laws to govern beliefs, and all things became new, a new heaven and earth is opend just as God opend it to Jesus in Matt 3:16. He really did open His heaven to Jesus. Not many believe that He did though from lack in identifying with the same happening in them from God. The grave is not going to change anyone, it is to late for that change by then. If one cant see Him, now what makes one think he will when he is dead? He really is a God of the living not the dead.

Anologies is not an issue if one is identified with God as Jesus was identified with Him. God is straigt forward in His terms for who we should be and will be IF. It isnt up to God for who I am, that is up to me wheter I accept His terms for Him be manifest in me. Jesus had that same option. He could have continued in the safety of the laws he taught in the temples in Bethlehem instead of stepping out and recievinbg from God Himself His Spirit where scandals, hatered, strif, came from the very ones he once taught in the temples. The very ones who has him crucified for blaspheme. He made the same choice we all make if we are to recieve from God His will for mankind. One can sit i a pew and listen to 52 life chanbging sermons a year and teachings of law that comes out from that pulpit, nbut the momnent one steps into God kingdom as Jesus did, trials and tribulations will be the nmorm just as it was for Jesus and all these othets we read about where they recieved from God to be come like Him instead of the laws of religious folk who dictate to their gods for their beliefs by law.

Every single perfson who is of God is concieved by His same Spirit. Starting in Adam was the same Spirit, Abrahamn concied the same SPirit of God, Moses concieved that same SPirit on the mountain, Mary concieved that same SPirit of God, Jesus conciebd the SPirit of God in Matt 3:16, 120 cioncieved of that same Spirit in an upper room. And it is the very same PSirit we are concieved fron who has recieved His seed, giving birth to that seed, Christ withihn, Gods anointing, is the hard part for reigious folk to concieve, for their relationship to God is totsally by law instead of SPirit to be like Him instead as He demands of us if we are to be His bride, and His bride gives birth to His seed. Which is Christ in you.

Only different if you do not have from the Father that what Jesus had from Him. The Jews in John 3 didnt believe Jesus just as religious folk to day do not believe him to be one in the Father as he was one inm Him, He in you and you inHim as one, to be ye therefore perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect. Would that perfection be different from what Jesus had in his relationship to his God?

Beware of anything that will seperate your oneness from the Father and from what Jesus was one in the Father that Jesus prayed to his God that we be in John 17.

If Jesus didnt learn from God when God came to him and opend up His heaven to that man in Matt 3:16, there is no way he could have known the will of the Father at all. And we are no different at all.

If you are different from the one God sent to show us what it is to live His way, His truth, live His life, then Jesus wasted his time when he said no one comes to the Father but by me and live it yourself. You cant be in the Father without it.

No Jesus was speaking that they could not understanbd him least they have the same from the One who sent him to show them what it is to live the life of God as he did. Jesus was speaking of you and who are you.

I see so the likes of Jim Jones and David Koresh who read the bible had the right interpretations? What about Hitler he saids he was inspiried by the word of God. Did they or did they not interpret it? People hear from a pulpit every sunday preaches interpretations of the bible according to their own knowledge of it. That is exactly what Jesus said that in that day ye shall ask me noting but go to the Father for yourself and He will give it you. That does not come from a book it comes by Gods SPirit alone just as He opend in in Jesus in Matt 3:16, Adam Moses, Abraham, 120, the very same.

not once have you heard me express my ideas, only what God and jesus said you will be if you recieve from God His same mind, Spirit,m disposition to walk as He walks in it. This isnt someting that is up for debate, either you have recieved from Him that what Jesus and these others did as God demands of you or you have not

Actually origionally there were some 2300 origional laws, these were reduce to 613 which about half dealt with mans relationship to God and half dealt with mans relationship to man. These 613 was reduced to ten by Moses, the first four deal with mans relationship to God, the last six deal with mans relationship to man. Jesus reduced these ten to tw, the first is with God Love God, the second deals with man love man. These are things people in carnality cling to deal with the flesh man and cant see they are a tutorial for who they are suposed to be, they try but fail misertably from lack in being able to complete them.

The new laws introduced as in Be one in the Father with He in you and you in Him as one as He was one in Him. And the commandment of us to be ye therefore perfect even as your Father in haven is perfect, have the same mind Jesus had of the Father, walk as He walks in t, thew same signs follow thos who believe. Be holy, pure and without sin, and those who are born of God it is impossible to be in sin, 1 John 3:9,

If one has from God His SPirit, which simply is Love, all of these laws are fulfilled, we become like Him, same SPirit be in me who was in Christ Jesus, and did pick up that cross Jesus put into law and did follow him in his way of the Fathe for my identiy is with the Father just as Jesus identity was with the Father.

How can one say he is of Christ yet flat out deny to be that person of Christ that God anointes us with to be by His SPirit?
I've given this conversation my best effort. You don't have enough in common with orthodox Christianity to have a sensible conversation. God bless.

Bonnie

1 John 3, NIV:
This is how we know that we belong to the truth and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence: 20 If our hearts condemn us, we know that God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything. 21 Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God 22 and receive from him anything we ask, because we keep his commands and do what pleases him. 23 And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us. 24 The one who keeps God’s commands lives in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us.