Death before New Life or New Life before Death?

Our Lord's God

Do you honestly believe that you were regenerated to a new life before you first died to your old life?

Wake up man!

3 Or do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death?
4 Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life.
5 For if we have become united with him in the likeness of his death, certainly we shall also be in the likeness of his resurrection.
Romans 6

So then, since Christ first died before he rose again to new life, what comes first?

1. Death with Christ
2. Raised up to new life with Christ.

Look again:

buried with Him through baptism into death, so that JUST AS Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life.

I ask again, what comes first? What does Romans 6:3-4 say?

1. Your new birth into the resurrection life of Christ?
OR,
2. Dying together with Christ.

What comes first? Death to your old life? Or Regeneration to a new Life?

We put our faith/trust in Christ by choosing to die together with him.

Death is not life and death is not salvation. But having died together with Christ.......

God Himself saves us. Having died with Christ, God raises us up from the dead by raising us up together with him into his resurrection life, new life, regeneration, new birth.

Our faith is trusting that God will beget us to new life if we first die to our old life. Having put our trust in Christ by dying with him, we men so absolutely brought nothing to our salvation. For we willfully DIED together with Jesus and DEAD men are capable of nothing. And having chosen to die with Christ, and being dead, God did all the saving raising us up from death to new life just as he raised Jesus from death to new life.... just as Paul says at Romans 6:3-4.

He who has an ear to hear, let him hear.

Now, before you were born anew by the Spirit of God, testify to HOW you first died together with God's Son trusting that just as God raised him from the dead to a new life, He would then raise you from the dead to a new regenerate life.

Last edited:

Our Lord's God

Calvinists: the above facts demonstrate your "regeneration before faith" claims are completely unScriptural, wrong, and a work of your own madness.

Will you willfully choose blindness or light?

Our Lord's God

Calvinists, there is no such thing as regeneration to a new life unless you have first died to your old life.

Just as Christ willingly died and God then raised him to new life, you must first choose to put your faith in Christ by dying together with him before God will raise you up to a new life. You must do the dying; God does all the saving. God does not raise the living to new life but the dead, those who have trusted in Him by dying with His son.

If anyone wishes to come after me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow me. 25 For whoever wants to save his soul will lose it but whoever loses his soul for my sake will find it. 26 For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? 27 For the son of man is going to come in the glory of his Father with His angels, and will then repay every man according to his deeds.

He who has an ear to hear, let him hear the words of Jesus Christ's God.

Last edited:

Johnnybgood

I’m not sure you are getting the hint on this forum but there is a reason no one is responding to this thread . No one wants to interact with heterodox, cultists and people who just want to push their non Christian ideas here. So ignoring you is how they are informing you that your ideas are welcomed on the other forums and not in this one . I do not know any other way to tell you that you would understand. I will not be responding to your posts either @Our Lord's God on this forum

civic

I’m not sure you are getting the hint on this forum but there is a reason no one is responding to this thread . No one wants to interact with heterodox, cultists and people who just want to push their non Christian ideas here. So ignoring you is how they are informing you that your ideas are welcomed on the other forums and not in this one . I do not know any other way to tell you that you would understand. I will not be responding to your posts either @Our Lord's God on this forum
Luv it and let it die a quick death. :ROFLMAO:

she/he already had one thread kicked out and didn't take the hint.

Our Lord's God

I’m not sure you are getting the hint on this forum but there is a reason no one is responding to this thread .

You just did.

No one wants to interact with heterodox, cultists and people who just want to push their non Christian ideas here.

Yes I know that there is a certain kind who only want their itching ears tickled.

The Pharisees tried to put Jesus on ignore too. Didn't work.

So ignoring you is how they are informing you that your ideas are welcomed on the other forums and not in this one . I do not know any other way to tell you that you would understand. I will not be responding to your posts either @Our Lord's God on this forum