DEBATE: Is prayer to Mary & the saints worship?

Daily is every day, which would include today.
incorrect.... 'give us today' would be the day in which you are familiar. Daily is something unique --

[Something not "daily," but something "supersubstantial" has taken place…. If you peer under the veil of the English word "daily," you will find this wondrous nugget of a word: ἐπιούσιον, or, transliterated, epiousion.]

The word epiousion, an adjective modifying the word bread (ἄρτον = arton), is the accusative form of the adjective epiousios. It is the only adjective in the entirety of the Lord's Prayer, suggesting a special or unique importance.
It is so easy to refute your absurdities.
open your eyes Fred

THE EUCHARIST is that special bread Fred. We are invited daily to partake of this special bread!!!

Finally, your heresy is brought out.
You can render latreuo to your wafer god if you want, but it is a created thing.

Only God is to receive latreuo.

You can render latreuo to your wafer god if you want, but it is a created thing.
Created by the Creator of the universe.

I understand why you have to believe what your pastors teach Fred. You have no ministerial priesthood so 'man-made' traditions give you crackers and juice.

I won't be praying to a creature, but I will be praying to the Creator.
your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as in heaven. Give us today [Orthodox - Divine Liturgy / Catholic - Mass] our daily (supersubstantial) bread ---- THE EUCHARIST

your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as in heaven. Give us today [Orthodox - Divine Liturgy / Catholic - Mass] our daily (supersubstantial) bread ---- THE EUCHARIST

Pray to a god (creature) that cannot save (Isaiah 45:20).

God hears the prayer instantaneously.

Prayer AS incense.

Malichi says otherwise:
For from the rising of the sun, even to its going down,
My name shall be great among the Gentiles;
In every place incense shall be offered to My name,
And a pure offering;
For My name shall be great among the nations,”
Says the Lord of hosts. Malichi 1:11

Orthodox and Catholics use incense in their liturgies that celebrate the pure offering, the eucharist.

Orthodox and Catholics use incense in their liturgies that celebrate the pure offering, the eucharist.

Psalm 141:2
May my prayer be counted as incense before You.

The eucharist is not a pure offering since this wafer (a creation) is rendered latreuō.

Romans 1:25
For they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

Psalm 141:2
May my prayer be counted as incense before You.

The eucharist is not a pure offering since this wafer (a creation) is rendered latreuō.

Romans 1:25
For they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
Yes, prayer is like incense.

Let my prayer be set before You as incense,
The lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice. Pslam 141:2 NKJV

On the other hand, the mystery of the Eucharist is the body and blood of Christ.

This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me.” In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.”. . .whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord. 1 Cor 11:24-27

Something I never denied.

Romans 1:25 teaches the creation is not to be worshiped.
I agree. Worship is for God alone.

There is no contradiction between worshipping God alone and in asking other Christians to pray to God for us.

Yes, we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves but in God who raises the dead, who delivered us from so great a death, and does deliver us; in whom we trust that He will still deliver us, you also helping together in prayer for us . . . 2 Cor 1:9-11

Pray for us. 1 Thes 5:25, 2 Thes 3:1, Heb 13:18.

Back