DEBATE: Is prayer to Mary & the saints worship?

The Scriptures also record Moses speaking with Jesus. Moses died, yet, Christ is not speaking with a corpse.
Not with his corpse, but with his spirit.
Guess you just don't want to go back to see my posts lol!
It's not my responsibility.
One thing is obvious, you have no care for the Orthodox perspective.
True.
You wish to prove others wrong
Not really. I wish to defend the truth. There's a difference.
I state the Orthodox position and stick to that
Yep. Even when presented with scripture to the contrary.

Not with his corpse, but with his spirit.
Exactly!

It's not my responsibility.
You asked to see Scripture verses and I told you I had posted them in this thread and you can find them. Your answer? "So, nothing, huh?" It is your responsibility to go check. At least, this is what I would tell my 11 year old daughter. If you want to know something, search for it.
So end of discussion! You don't want to know Orthodox practice, why even dialogue?

Not really. I wish to defend the truth. There's a difference.
One defends the truth by living a life in Christ, not by trying to out show someone. That puts people off ;)

Yep. Even when presented with scripture to the contrary.
Nice try ;)

If you want to speak what you believe is truth against what I believe is truth, study what I believe, from Orthodox sources, starting with the Scriptures. Then, read Orthodox commentary on the Scriptures. Then, see with your own eyes how Orthodox worship the one true God, listen to the hymns chanted at Divine Liturgy, Orthros, Vespers, etc. You will be received by friendly, God loving people. Don't be afraid! I mean, I've read all the great protestant theologians because I want to understand what my fellow Christians believe. I'm still Orthodox. I go to Church with protestant friends for special occasions (as long as I am not chanting at Church) because I want to show them Christian love. I'm still Orthodox. If you learn about Orthodoxy, it doesn't mean you will convert, you'll just understand it and have an appreciation for another perspective. Try it. Many have gained an appreciation for Orthodoxy and they are still reformed protestants:

I love the way you say that as if you think you made a point. It was his spirit because he was dead.
You asked to see Scripture verses and I told you I had posted them in this thread and you can find them. Your answer? "So, nothing, huh?" It is your responsibility to go check.
No, it's not my responsibility to do your work for you.
At least, this is what I would tell my 11 year old daughter. If you want to know something, search for it.
And we're just the opposite. If one of our children had made a claim and was asked to back it up, we wouldn't have accepted, "Oh, just go find it for yourself". We would have made them explain themselves.
One defends the truth by living a life in Christ, not by trying to out show someone. That puts people off ;)
Actually, the Bible says we defend the truth by contending for it. That means speaking the truth and confronting falsehoods.
If you want to speak what you believe is truth against what I believe is truth, study what I believe, from Orthodox sources, starting with the Scriptures. Then, read Orthodox commentary on the Scriptures.
It's not my responsibility to read Orthodox sources.
Then, see with your own eyes how Orthodox worship the one true God, listen to the hymns chanted at Divine Liturgy, Orthros, Vespers, etc. You will be received by friendly, God loving people. Don't be afraid!
No fear, here.
If you learn about Orthodoxy, it doesn't mean you will convert
Well, I'm already very well verses in it and I haven't walked away from Christ to convert to it, yet.

, you'll just understand it and have an appreciation for another perspective. Try it. Many have gained an appreciation for Orthodoxy and they are still reformed protestants:
I've done it. I still have no appreciation for false teaching.

I love the way you say that as if you think you made a point. It was his spirit because he was dead.
His flesh is dead, yes, but as you said, his spirit is alive and well.

No, it's not my responsibility to do your work for you.
I already did the work, its your responsibility to search for it when I said it has been posted already ;)

Actually, the Bible says we defend the truth by contending for it. That means speaking the truth and confronting falsehoods.
I don't disagree. But the way in which one lives their life speaks for itself.

It's not my responsibility to read Orthodox sources.
Yes it is, if you want to know what Orthodoxy teaches.

I've done it. I still have no appreciation for false teaching.
Neither do I, this is why I am Orthodox ☦️

His flesh is dead, yes, but as you said, his spirit is alive and well.
So then, he is dead.
I already did the work, its your responsibility to search for it when I said it has been posted already
No, it's not my responsibility to back up your claims for you.

You realize that you've spent more time coming up with excuses to avoid answering my question than you would have if you had actually answered it, right?
Neither do I, this is why I am Orthodox ☦️
Can't be both. To say you don't subscribe to false teaching, but then say that's why you belong to a religion with tons of false teaching is an oxymoron.

Reactions: Mik
So then, he is dead.
His flesh, but his spirit is alive and well.

No, it's not my responsibility to back up your claims for you.
I already backed up "my claims" in this thread several times. It's up to you to go back and read them. I don't have to repeat myself over and over.

To say you don't subscribe to false teaching, but then say that's why you belong to a religion with tons of false teaching is an oxymoron.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

His flesh, but his spirit is alive and well.
Right. He's dead.
I already backed up "my claims" in this thread several times. It's up to you to go back and read them. I don't have to repeat myself over and over
If you had already backed them up, then you wouldn't have such a hard time telling us what they are.

Like I said, you're putting far more energy into avoiding the question than you would if you just answered it.

Right. He's dead.
His spirit is alive and he communicated with Christ and Elijah. St Peter saw him.

If you had already backed them up, then you wouldn't have such a hard time telling us what they are.
I posted the same thing several times. I don't have to write it all out again. I told you which post it was. At that point, its up to you to read it.

Like I said, you're putting far more energy into avoiding the question than you would if you just answered it.
I answered it already ;)

His spirit is alive and he communicated with Christ and Elijah. St Peter saw him.
Yes, Peter saw him. But Peter did not talk to him because speaking to the dead is forbidden.
I posted the same thing several times. I don't have to write it all out again. I told you which post it was. At that point, its up to you to read it.
OK. If you can't back up your claims, that's fine.
I answered it already ;)
Fine. Tell us the number of the post where you answered it.

Yeah, and you know what the difference between Jesus and Peter is? Jesus is God.
So God can break His commandments?

Not that you care what scripture says, but where does scripture say God can't speak to whoever He wants?
Oh, I very much care what Scripture says.

No, it just shows that you're a liar and a coward.
Thank you so much. I needed a good laugh! :ROFLMAO:

Look at post #260 and I show you where I answered these questions.

So God can break His commandments?
You still haven't shown where God commanded Himself not to talk to the dead.
Oh, I very much care what Scripture says.
That's not evidenced in your posts.
Thank you so much. I needed a good laugh!
See Ecclesiastes 7:6.
Look at post #260 and I show you where I answered these questions.
Here are the verses you provided:

ziapueblo said:
From the third post of this thread:

From the Orthodox perceptive, and the Catholic one, we can look to Revelation 5:8, where St John is telling us that 24 elders are offering bowls of incense. In context, it is revealed that these are the prayers of the Christians on Earth. Obviously, those in Heaven are aware of what is happening on Earth.

When one looks at Revelation 6:9, we see that the 5th seal has been opened and under the alter the souls “who had been slain for the word of God,” and they cry out, “O Sovereign Lord, holy and true, how long before thou wilt judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell upon the earth?” They are aware that their enemies are still living on Earth.

An elder tells St John in Revelation 7:13-14 that the ones “clothed in white robes” are “they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.” The elder has knowledge that these Christians were martyrs and have gone through tribulation.

There is a “great multitude” (Revelation 19:1-4) singing praises to God for judging “the harlot” and avenging “the blood of his servants.” When St John introduces this great multitude in Revelation 7:9 standing before the throne and before the Lamb, he specifies that the multitude is “from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and tongues.” Therefore, the great multitude that John sees singing praises to God consists of conscious human souls.

So, as you can see, nothing in these verses say anything about the dead being aware of anything on Earth, or that we are to pray to them.

Back