DEBATE: Is prayer to Mary & the saints worship?

I don't belong to a church that was started in 1942. I don't belong to a church that started in the 1800s, the 1700s or even the 1500s. My Church was started by Jesus Himself.

Utter nonsense. Jesus didn't start the RCC, with its many unholy and unbiblical doctrines and practices. That is just a lie your church, in its arrogance and pride, likes to perpetuate, to give itself power and prestige.
Am I proud of it? I would say that I am grateful for it. How easy it seems that one can stray from the narrow path. I'm glad I am still on it.
Your path is far from narrow; it is pretty broad, because it teaches so much that is unbiblical and untrue, thus, leading its membership astray into taking their eyes off Jesus and putting them on Mary and your church body, instead.

.Your path is far from narrow; it is pretty broad, because it teaches so much that is unbiblical and untrue, thus, leading its membership astray into taking their eyes off Jesus and putting them on Mary and your church body, instead.
And pope Francis seems intent on making the RCC path into a real broad way... "Come one, come alll..."

😔
--Rich

And pope Francis seems intent on making the RCC path into a real broad way... "Come one, come alll..."

😔
--Rich
You mean he is making the RC broad path even wider. Oh gosh. I do not understand why the RCs do not apply the scriptural tests to their institution, if they did then they would see it is only the bad tree test it passes and then they would become aware of how much of scripture it ignores.

Jesus said that not a jot or a tittle will pass away, yet RCs think they can change every jot and tittle.

You mean he is making the RC broad path even wider. Oh gosh. I do not understand why the RCs do not apply the scriptural tests to their institution, if they did then they would see it is only the bad tree test it passes and then they would become aware of how much of scripture it ignores.

Jesus said that not a jot or a tittle will pass away, yet RCs think they can change every jot and tittle.
There you go. How can you possibly know what all Catholics think? And then you deny that Mary in Heaven can't possibly hear our prayers, because that would make her omniscient?

Utter nonsense. Jesus didn't start the RCC, with its many unholy and unbiblical doctrines and practices. That is just a lie your church, in its arrogance and pride, likes to perpetuate, to give itself power and prestige.

Your path is far from narrow; it is pretty broad, because it teaches so much that is unbiblical and untrue, thus, leading its membership astray into taking their eyes off Jesus and putting them on Mary and your church body, instead.
Jesus didn't start any church after 33AD.

There you go. How can you possibly know what all Catholics think? And then you deny that Mary in Heaven can't possibly hear our prayers, because that would make her omniscient?
Oh because you all follow RC doctrine so you all follow Marian teachings for a start. The real Mary would not be part of your institution because she followed scriptures for a start and did not ignore them. I never mentioned Mary at all in my post that you are replying to. You seem to be all over the place in your thinking.

I know the real Mary is not interested in prayers to her, she pointed to her son, she was humble and did not want to be the focus of attention. I know she is not omniscient.

You are conflating concepts because you cannot prove the false claims of your institution and are trying to make many different rabbit warrens.

I mean RCs change the jot and tittle about no divorcing to it is okay we will just make out it is an annulment. Please tell me where scriptures tells us you can get an annulment if you did not know what being married really means? LOL at that excuse for a divorce, oh I mean annulment.

Oh because you all follow RC doctrine so you all follow Marian teachings for a start. The real Mary would not be part of your institution because she followed scriptures for a start and did not ignore them. I never mentioned Mary at all in my post that you are replying to. You seem to be all over the place in your thinking.

I know the real Mary is not interested in prayers to her, she pointed to her son, she was humble and did not want to be the focus of attention. I know she is not omniscient.

You are conflating concepts because you cannot prove the false claims of your institution and are trying to make many different rabbit warrens.

I mean RCs change the jot and tittle about no divorcing to it is okay we will just make out it is an annulment. Please tell me where scriptures tells us you can get an annulment if you did not know what being married really means? LOL at that excuse for a divorce, oh I mean annulment.
I am supposed to believe that you also know what Mary thinks. On what proof other than your imagination?
And talk about jot and tittle. Protestants get divorced and remarried all the time in direct violation of Scripture. So much for Sola Scriptura.

I am supposed to believe that you also know what Mary thinks. On what proof other than your imagination?
And talk about jot and tittle. Protestants get divorced and remarried all the time in direct violation of Scripture. So much for Sola Scriptura.
We know Mary from scripture she was righteous and humble. Humble people do not bring attention to themselves, it is not hard to know the real Mary would not recognize the RC Mary.

Yep non RCs are honest about what they do, they are not changing the jot or the tittle. That is a false claim. They know what God says. Yet RCs are changing it, covering up what they are really doing which is getting a divorce. I mean I know one RC man who has got married 3 times in the RCC and it is not because any of his wives died. The RC annulments are a joke and are just an attempt to get around the commandment, thus they change what they are really doing and pretend it is something else. It is just being deceptive IMO.

I am supposed to believe that you also know what Mary thinks.

Do you think the real Mary thinks, "Gee, I wish Roman Catholics would make a statue of me weeping, while dressed in a very heavy, gaudy outfit, parade the statue of me around the streets of Spain, and weep over it..."?
On what proof other than your imagination?

What proof does your church offer for the truth of the 4 Marian dogmas, other than its imagination?

That has zero to do with Sola Scriptura. You are getting desperate and are attempting to divert. But then, Catholics get annulments all the time, often for flimsy reasons, when in reality, they should be treated as divorces--it would be more honest and less hypocritical.

True. He started THE church at Pentecost. It wasn't Roman, Orthodox, Lutheran, Baptist, Pentecostal, etc. It was just "the church." Period.
And then groups left the Church that Jesus founded, didn't they?
Orthodox, Lutheran, Baptist, Pentecostal, etc.

And then groups left the Church that Jesus founded, didn't they?
Orthodox, Lutheran, Baptist, Pentecostal, etc.
Now that is a case of the pot calling the kettle black! YOUR church left the church Jesus Christ and the Apostles founded when it started to teach errors--like praying to saints dead in the Lord; purgatory, Indulgences, being subject to the pope is necessary for salvation; celibate, unmarried clergy; and of course, Mariology in all its forms.

Physician, heal thyself...

Last edited:
Now that is a case of the pot calling the kettle black! YOUR church left the church Jesus Christ and the Apostles founded when when it started to teach errors--like praying to saints dead in the Lord; purgatory, Indulgences, being subject to the pope is necessary for salvation; celibate, unmarried clergy; and of course, Mariology in all its forms.

Physician, heal thyself...
You can't prove that despite your many claims. Show us documentation from that time that states what you claim above.

You can't prove that despite your many claims. Show us documentation from that time that states what you claim above.
Bonnie and Others have provided evidence and you just ignore it. But the best evidence is the fruits of your institution throughout the centuries which just prove it is the bad tree. Do you need me to list those fruits for you again? The fruit speaks.

It is facts and all you have is the false claims of the RCC which is known for its lies. It lied to authorities, it lied to the laity and it lied to and about its victims. Liars can never be trusted. So you have nothing.
What evidence? Looks more like gossip.

Back