Debate: Trent Horn vs Steve Christie (Marian dogmas)

Apparently you aren't reading the rest of my posts which explain clearly what i mean. So until you show that you understand the issue we are done. Not playing your games Arch.
so you think it wise to throw anything out there and see what sticks... hmmmm

What i've posted is a clear response to the catholics that are throwing anything mary against a wall and seeing if it sticks. My response is accurate and on point. Your failure to read isn't my fault.
love to see those posts you speak of, where Catholics state 'Mary is elevated higher than Christ'.

Proof?

Proof?

Proof?

Proof?

So far no catholic has been able to show us any role she has other than the one in your minds. Because its not in the bible.
Catholics are not sola scriptura Christians. Sola scriptura is not scriptural - it doesn't have to be explicitly stated in scripture.

Catholics are not sola scriptura Christians. Sola scriptura is not scriptural - it doesn't have to be explicitly stated in scripture.
Got it. So you make a bunch of claims and have no intention of supporting those claims? Is that about right? Gosh aren't you special people! You don't have to be accountable for anything here huh? Make up any tid bit of bat crazy nonsense and you don't have to prove it or discuss it because you aren't sola scriptura christians. Well, heres my take. I don't believe a word of what you say unless you prove it. Proving your beliefs is central to any faith. Thats why this is an apologetics board and not a fairy tale board. I'll have to look, maybe we have a fairy tale section. Bottom line is, if youre not going to engage and deal with your own speculations then i have no reason to interact with you..

Got it. So you make a bunch of claims and have no intention of supporting those claims? Is that about right? Gosh aren't you special people! You don't have to be accountable for anything here huh? Make up any tid bit of bat crazy nonsense and you don't have to prove it or discuss it because you aren't sola scriptura christians. Well, heres my take. I don't believe a word of what you say unless you prove it. Proving your beliefs is central to any faith. Thats why this is an apologetics board and not a fairy tale board. I'll have to look, maybe we have a fairy tale section. Bottom line is, if youre not going to engage and deal with your own speculations then i have no reason to interact with you..
Anyone can make scripture say whatever they want it to say. So the nCCs doctrine of sola scriptura I would propably assign to the deceiving fairy board. It deceives people into thinking they are getting the truth. It is so sad.

Anyone can make scripture say whatever they want it to say. So the nCCs doctrine of sola scriptura I would propably assign to the deceiving fairy board. It deceives people into thinking they are getting the truth. It is so sad.
do you say the same thing about God's spoken words?

do you say the same thing about God's spoken words?
No, because scripture clearly teaches us that the Holy Spirit will guide us into all the truth. Scripture doesn't teach us that all Christian doctrines must be proven from scripture alone. It also teaches that Peter and his successors have been given authority by Jesus.

Nondenom40 said:
Anyone can make scripture say whatever they want it to say.
they can - catholics here post examples of that every day.

So the nCCs doctrine of sola scriptura I would propably assign to the deceiving fairy board.
yes, I agree that you would do that - along with the rest of His truth found in His word.

It deceives people into thinking they are getting the truth. It is so sad.
what's really sad is that you believe God deceives you.

No, because scripture clearly teaches us that the Holy Spirit will guide us into all the truth. Scripture doesn't teach us that all Christian doctrines must be proven from scripture alone. It also teaches that Peter and his successors have been given authority by Jesus.
I didn't ask that
I am asking about God's spoken words:
(for ex the Sermon on the Mount, or the the Bread of Life discourse, or the Christ's words from the Last Supper)

You said "Anyone can make scripture say whatever they want it to say."

Do you say the same thing about the spoken words of Christ?
do you say "Anyone can make CHRIST say whatever they want it to say."

And that is blatantly obvious that is why they do what scripture tell us not to do. They add to scripture, go beyond scripture and take away/ignore scripture. That is how they have developed myths and fairy tale beliefs.

Back