Deception

do you have any responsibility to check for yourself the claims of Catholicism?
" I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be under God’s curse!"

"Furthermore, we declare, we proclaim, we define that it is absolutely necessary for salvation that every human creature be subject to the Roman Pontiff"

"absolutely necessary for salvation that every human"....

how is that true?
Yes I have checked out the Catholic church. After being a nCC for over 25 years I realized that the CC was always excluded from the discussion on issues of the Christian faith. So I "invited" the CC to my Bible study/discussion. I read through the entire CCC.

as most of Christendom rejects Catholic Church's claim of infallibly

Therefore: this claim is false
"the Catholic Church has the authority to settle issues concerning the Christian faith:
Your logic is not correct. Just because most Christians reject the CC's claim of infallibility doesn't mean that the CC doesn't have the authority. The Kingdom of God is not a democracy.

balshan

Yes I have checked out the Catholic church. After being a nCC for over 25 years I realized that the CC was always excluded from the discussion on issues of the Christian faith. So I "invited" the CC to my Bible study/discussion. I read through the entire CCC.
You invited a book to your bible study. I would prefer the Holy Spirit, the bible and kick out a book full of false teachings and interpretations.

balshan

Your logic is not correct. Just because most Christians reject the CC's claim of infallibility doesn't mean that the CC doesn't have the authority. The Kingdom of God is not a democracy.
No the poster's logic was correct. The CC is not infallible at all. It has no authority. Post the scripture for that furphy. No the Kingdom of the RCC is not a democracy, the pope is a despot.

RayneBeau

I honestly do not believe that either group is/was intentionally set out to deceive people. Or did they? Both groups were raised in the systems in which they served. Both groups bought into the teachings in which they were raised in. Both groups believe(d) that their traditions supersede(d) the Scriptures. The one disadvantage that the rc religious leaders have is that they have the full canon of Scripture as a testimony against them.
This issue is not an easy subject to discuss objectively because most people have from childhood automatically accepted their attitudes on the subject from their parents, and they do not want those attitudes and beliefs disturbed. They are Roman Catholic or they are not Roman Catholic. If they are Roman Catholic, they tend to view their own Church with favor, and its critics with suspicion. If they are not Roman Catholic they tend to reverse the process and view all distinctively Roman Catholic policies with doubt.

leonard03782

This issue is not an easy subject to discuss objectively because most people have from childhood automatically accepted their attitudes on the subject from their parents, and they do not want those attitudes and beliefs disturbed. They are Roman Catholic or they are not Roman Catholic. If they are Roman Catholic, they tend to view their own Church with favor, and its critics with suspicion. If they are not Roman Catholic they tend to reverse the process and view all distinctively Roman Catholic policies with doubt.
This may have been true years ago, but not today. All you have you do is look at all of the mainstream "protestant" pastors that are sucking up to pompous maximus. This does not even take into account the number of professing "Christians" that think that rc's are their brothers.

RayneBeau

Actually the Scribes and Pharisees didn't necessarily teach false doctrine. Jesus explicitly told people "So you must be careful to do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach." Matthew 23:3.

The main problem with the religious leaders of the day was hypocrisy; not false teaching.
Did the Scribes and the Pharisees involve themselves in matters of differences in the Jews personal faith?

RayneBeau

the RCC is guilty of both.
Much unlike the Scribes and Pharisees of Jesus' day though, the RCC is also guilty of involving itself when it comes to matters of political, medical and educational principles. When a church enters the arena of controversial social policies and attempts to control the judgment of its own people - and others alike - on foreign affairs, social hygiene, public education, modern science, etc., it must then be reckoned with as an organ of political and cultural power.

RayneBeau

There have not been "millions" of reformers. Otherwise there would be millions of protestant churches.

Luther alone caused that initial split, opening a pandora's box of rebellion. True saints stayed within the Church and reformed it.

I follow the Church, the bride of Christ that Jesus died for to save us and enrich us by His merits, for that is where he wishes us to be.
The deception by the Church of Rome is that it is all about RCC power mainly through manipulating Roman Catholics - it is in no way the "Bride of Christ" that Jesus died for, nor where He wants anyone to be. :rolleyes:
The Roman Catholic problem is not primarily a religious problem, it is an institutional and political problem. It is a matter of the use and abuse of power by a so-called religious organization that is not only labeled a 'church' but a state within a state.

leonard03782

There have not been "millions" of reformers. Otherwise there would be millions of protestant churches.

Luther alone caused that initial split, opening a pandora's box of rebellion. True saints stayed within the Church and reformed it.

I follow the Church, the bride of Christ that Jesus died for to save us and enrich us by His merits, for that is where he wishes us to be.
What a joke. The rcc has not changed nor has it been reformed. By it's own statement of infallibility, it has no recourse but to remain unchanged and unreformed.

balshan

Did the Scribes and the Pharisees involve themselves in matters of differences in the Jews personal faith?
I think they liked to make themselves superior to the masses and Jesus clearly states they put burdens on the people. that God didn't. So it would seem they did get involved at some level. However, there were major differences in views between the Sadducees and the Pharisees.

I think the Pharisees and the other Jewish sects and the RCC are full of pride and do not follow scriptures.

balshan

What a joke. The rcc has not changed nor has it been reformed. By it's own statement of infallibility, it has no recourse but to remain unchanged and unreformed.
You are right it is a joke. You know they have changed eg Limbo. They just tell furphys to cover up their lies about remaining unchanged about being infallible, about being the real church etc. It needs to be reformed because it teaches false doctrines.

1Thess521

you changed what I said
I did not say the CC doesn't have the authority.

I said your claim is false
"the Catholic Church has the authority to settle issues concerning the Christian faith:"

They have not settled issues