Decisional, vs, Divine regeneration

Carbon

Oh, but they do. Spiritually dead people cannot understand Spiritual truths. Why do you think Romans 10:9 is NOT applicable to them?

9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
You cant expect him to understand that.

Carbon

Your free will is part of your fallen nature. Are you saying your free will is redeemed prior to confession, and you can make a decision in the flesh to become saved?
What he is saying is he does not believe man is totally depraved as scripture teaches man is. Semi-pelagian.

Theo1689

There is no functional difference in these two English phrases:
who believe
who choose to believe

who eat
who choose to eat

That's like saying, there's no function difference in these two English phrases:

"who are tall"
"who choose to be tall".

"who have Down's syndrome"
"who choose to have Down's syndrome".

It's ridiculous.

Carbon

That's like saying, there's no function difference in these two English phrases:

"who are tall"
"who choose to be tall".

"who have Down's syndrome"
"who choose to have Down's syndrome".

It's ridiculous.
Yes, it is pretty ridiculous. I can't imagine why they can't see that.

Kampioen

You really are obsessed with "predetermined", aren't you?

Are you saying we should simply IGNORE where the Bible teaches this?
You teach predeterminism but except for salvation you otherwise operate libertarianly, seemingly are.

But complete predeterminism makes discussion, reasoning and life utterly meaningless, like were all puppets including our thoughts.

Sethproton

Yes, it is pretty ridiculous. I can't imagine why they can't see that.
of course that is ridiculous. The poster on purpose picked an adjective instead of a verb.
Or did he fool you by changing from a verb to an adjective.
I eat, I choose to eat, (verb)is very different that I am tall, i choose to be tall (adjective)

Theo1689

The parable of the soils, Luke 8:4-21

Seriously?!
Please explain where in the parable you can find "A person might believe and can't help it but out of pride he libertarianly might not put his faith in it."

I mean, Jesus actually EXPLAINS the meaning of the parable, and that's NOT what He said it means.

Kampioen

Where is this idea taught in the Bible?
Chapter and verse, please?
John 12:42-43 (KJV)
42 Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue:
43 For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.

Theo1689

John 12:42-43 (KJV)
42 Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue:
43 For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.

Sorry, I couldn't find where it said, "couldn't help it but..."

Can you please bold that phrase for me in your "proof-text"?

Thanks in advance...