Defending Christianity from Christians

So when Paul called Peter on the carpet, ( Gal 2 ), should he have followed the opening poster's
recommendation "that we Christians be a bit more tolerant about our differences" ?

For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning. 21 For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them. 22 But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: “A dog returns to his own vomit,” and, “a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire.” 2 Peter 2
Do not confuse what a true Christian is...
With being true to Christianity.

What is a true Christian? One who believed in Jesus Christ.

What is being a true Christian who is true to Christianity?
Well? Peter was a true Christian when Paul chewed him out for not being true to Christianity.

Some would have said Peter was not really saved.
Maybe even you would have thought that at that time.

What is being a true Christian who is true to Christianity?
Well? Peter was a true Christian when Paul chewed him out for not being true to Christianity.

Oxymoron- " Some would say Peter was not really saved"??? Like what? Do you not know my beloved brothers were spectacles before angels and men? What you are saying would then too discredit Solomon who made mistakes or David or anyone from the OT scriptures for that matter who made mistakes.

Clearly, it is not so much our mistakes which define us but rather our recovery from-through faith. Yes Paul admonished Peter that is what the family of the house of God does. However, they are never admonished by outsiders- secular sinners unto death. Have you not heard the Proverb: " Correct a mocker and he will hate you, correct a wise man and he will love you for it and grow wiser still?"

Peter got a realignment from his brother.Once corrected repented and moved on to not be influenced by the circumcision party. Now your response or lack there of will show if you are a mocker or if you are wise.

Oxymoron- " Some would say Peter was not really saved"??? Like what? Do you not know my beloved brothers were spectacles before angels and men? What you are saying would then too discredit Solomon who made mistakes or David or anyone from the OT scriptures for that matter who made mistakes.

Clearly, it is not so much our mistakes which define us but rather our recovery from-through faith. Yes Paul admonished Peter that is what the family of the house of God does. However, they are never admonished by outsiders- secular sinners unto death. Have you not heard the Proverb: " Correct a mocker and he will hate you, correct a wise man and he will love you for it and grow wiser still?"

Peter got a realignment from his brother.Once corrected repented and moved on to not be influenced by the circumcision party. Now your response or lack there of will show if you are a mocker or if you are wise.
Their lessons are for our growth. They are there so we do not make the same mistakes, Seems however, many are not like Peter who learned to not be influenced by Jews who think way too much of themselves and outward practices. It is the inward man by circumcision of the heart that matters then and always. He has been made over by Christ. The testimony was still unfolding with the first to know that future genetations would know what is sound. Too many rabbinical Jewish hands in the pot spoils the stew. Which is evident with all the erroneous practices and teaching of so many denominations today. Too many bark loyalty to the Jew not to Yeshua -King of the Jews.

If he believes in the Lord Jesus Christ? He is a true Christian.

If he chooses to follow false teachings after becoming a Christian? He is being untrue to Christ..

But, he is still saved. 2 Corinthians 3:11-15 tells us so.
That is right and no where in scripture does it say reject Christ's mother. Christ did not teach that. There are many who will refuse to recite the verses I point to because they hate a certain group. No matter how you turn it, those verses are from the foundation and are the First exalting of Christ come in the flesh. My point is, if you can confess them you have not blasphemed the Holy Spirit and don't have a Nephilim blood line either. It is in wisdom they are said and believed. So, if you can say them good for you.

See, I know of Muslims who can read it and they have not come into the faith yet , Hindus and so forth and so on. But the people I speak of are of certain sects like " The Born Again" and " Evangelical" " Baptist" so forth and so on, " Who have the name of being alive but are dead" and will not exalt in Mary's exaltation in God. They say " We are Christian" yet have made it a life long mission of saying Lord, lord all while bashing his mother! They get to the point where they cannot recite those verses anymore. It is gall to them. Then they give responses like yours when it is clear they pretext. They teach people , Mary is not special, yet prophecy and the gospel clearly shows she is. Even she in her exalting from God, speaks about how blessed she is and how all generations of the faithful will too say that. Yet for some reason certain sects can't put 1 & 1 togethet and then proceed to misinterpret every dialogue of the scriptures concerning Mary. They put them forth in contradictory terms. God is not a hypocrite nor like a man who needs to repent and change. He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow and He said honor your mother. In doing so you honor your Father who is in heaven.

JonHawk said:
So when Paul called Peter on the carpet, ( Gal 2 ), should he have followed the opening poster's
recommendation "that we Christians be a bit more tolerant about our differences" ?
That's defined as hypocrisy.
Therefore, lay aside all malice, all deceit, hypocrisy, envy,...now that you have tasted that the Lord is good. 1 Peter 2
It is not the commendation of men that matters, it is the one whom the Lord commends who is approved.
Satan has desired to recruit all of you as ministers of unrighteousness, but I interceded on your behalf, that your faith may not fail;
And when you have been converted, strengthen your brethren. Luke 22:31-32

With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And God’s grace was so powerfully at work in them all.
Acts 4:33

Their lessons are for our growth. They are there so we do not make the same mistakes, seems however, many are not like Peter who learned to not be influenced by Jews who think way too much of themselves and outward practices. It is the inward man by circumcision of the heart that matters then and always. He has been made over by Christ. The testimony was still unfolding with the first to know that future generations would know what is sound. Too many rabbinical Jewish hands in the pot spoils the stew. Which is evident with all the erroneous practices and teaching of so many denominations today. Too many bark loyalty to the Jew not to Yeshua -King of the Jews.
In order to claim to be- possess- the Seat of Peter, to be The See of Peter, you need to be able to stand down (be humbled) and stand corrected. In that you will truly be like Peter and built upon that Rock. Cephas was most and foremost a wise man. Why? Because he was humble and accepted correction, something that many can't stand, especially those who claim to stand upon that Rock as a denomination. They refuse too, like others, to let go of some falsehoods they cling to. If it is God's will, I will point out those falsehoods and give the correct definitions and doctrines. There are not many corrections compared to others but corrections none-the-less. They hold many precious gem doctrines, more than all the rest. But for the sake of this end of the age, the remnant preserved out of that denomination ( because what you presently see is going to fall) must be made Immaculate that they may stand before all as transfigured. Then they will be called truly Christ's Beloved and He will wholly be theirs. Solid as a Rock!

Song of Solomon 6:
Together in the Garden
1Where has your beloved gone, O most beautiful among women? Which way has he turned? We will seek him with you. 2My beloved has gone down to his garden, to the beds of spices, to pasture his flock in the gardens and to gather lilies. 3I belong to my beloved and he belongs to me; he pastures his flock among the lilies.…

A song in the spirit of the Song of Solomon.

You just do not get it.....
You keep missing the point...

I won't argue. No sense to, when the points are not grasped.

Sorry, sir,...
Lady.
Proverbs 25:
More Proverbs of Solomon
…21If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat, and if he is thirsty, give him water to drink. 22For in so doing, you will heap burning coals on his head, and the LORD will reward you. 23As the north wind brings forth rain, so a backbiting tongue brings angry looks.…

Yeah, I can't grasp those burning coals

If he believes in the Lord Jesus Christ? He is a true Christian.

If he chooses to follow false teachings after becoming a Christian? He is being untrue to Christ..

But, he is still saved. 2 Corinthians 3:11-15 tells us so.
"If he chooses to follow false teachings after becoming a Christian? He is being untrue to Christ..

But, he is still saved. 2 Corinthians 3:11-15 tells us so."

No you cannot follow false teaching and still be saved. You must do an about face. Denying you know Christ as Peter did and remaining in that state does not lead to one being saved. That is why afterwards Peter repented and spoke with boldness. He was in fear of dying, not simply choosing to follow false doctrine. Every time Peter fell he would repent and get back up and not repeat the prior offense. I didn't address that in my first response to this.
2 Corinthians 3:11-15

11 For if what is passing away was glorious, what remains is much more glorious.

12 Therefore, since we have such hope, we use great boldness of speech—13 unlike Moses, who put a veil over his face so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the end of what was passing away. 14 But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ. 15 But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart.

Lady.
Proverbs 25:
More Proverbs of Solomon
…21If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat, and if he is thirsty, give him water to drink. 22For in so doing, you will heap burning coals on his head, and the LORD will reward you. 23As the north wind brings forth rain, so a backbiting tongue brings angry looks.…

Yeah, I can't grasp those burning coals

Jesus did not order a meal for the Pharisees.
Nor, turn water into wine for them.

He gave them a reality report.

You must discern. Not all situations are the same.

No you cannot follow false teaching and still be saved. You must do an about face. Denying you know Christ as Peter did and remaining in that state does not lead to one being saved. That is why afterwards Peter repented and spoke with boldness.
It is by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified but whom God raised from the dead,
that this man stands before you healed. Jesus is“‘the stone you builders rejected, which has become the cornerstone.’
Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.” Acts 410-12

Last edited:
"If he chooses to follow false teachings after becoming a Christian? He is being untrue to Christ..

But, he is still saved. 2 Corinthians 3:11-15 tells us so."

No you cannot follow false teaching and still be saved. You must do an about face. Denying you know Christ as Peter did and remaining in that state does not lead to one being saved. That is why afterwards Peter repented and spoke with boldness. He was in fear of dying, not simply choosing to follow false doctrine. Every time Peter fell he would repent and get back up and not repeat the prior offense. I didn't address that in my first response to this.
2 Corinthians 3:11-15

11 For if what is passing away was glorious, what remains is much more glorious.

12 Therefore, since we have such hope, we use great boldness of speech—13 unlike Moses, who put a veil over his face so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the end of what was passing away. 14 But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ. 15 But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart.
My bad....

1 Corinthians 3:11-15​
11 For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already​
laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 If anyone builds on this foundation​
using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, 13 their work​
will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light.​
It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each​
person’s work. 14 If what has been built survives, the builder will​
receive a reward. 15 If it is burned up, the builder will suffer
loss but yet will be saved—even though only as one escaping​
through the flames.​

The saved one as one escaping through the flames lived by false teaching and understanding (wood, hay, and stubble).

His works will be burned in Fire. He will be saved.

15 If it is burned up, the builder will suffer loss but yet will be saved
—even though only as one escaping through the flames.​

Why still saved?

He believed in Jesus Christ!

11 For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already
laid, which is Jesus Christ.
That's what it tells us. And, that's what I have been telling you.

1 Corinthians 3:11-15​
11 For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already
laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 If anyone builds on this foundation
using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, 13 their work
will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light.
It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each
person’s work. 14 If what has been built survives, the builder will
receive a reward. 15 If it is burned up, the builder will suffer
loss but yet will be saved—even though only as one escaping
through the flames.
For a moment when the 'wood, hay and straw, believer is 'evaluated' by fire, he will think he is in the Lake of Fire.
Then, much to his surprise! He will realize that his resurrection body can not be destroyed by the flames.
To become eternally grateful from that point on for being saved by God who gives mercy even when His own
stubbornly persists in doing wrong after they are saved!

14 If what has been built survives, the builder will receive a reward.
15 If it is burned up, the builder will suffer loss but yet will be saved
even though only as one escaping through the flames.
grace and peace!

Are we Christians our own worse enemies? It sometimes looks that way. Some critics of Christianity have pointed out that there is no Christianity (singular) but actually "Christianities." Christian sects number in the ten-thousands many of these sects denouncing many other sects as "cults" full of phony ignoramuses hard at work for the enemy. Of course, if any Christians are untrue believing in false doctrine, it is almost always some other Christians who are so--never we--oh no.

In any case, unbelievers have a field day over all this infighting. They say we are all confused over our own Bible and theology without even realizing it. They point out that this Christian vs. Christian fighting has destroyed the lives of many Christians. To them we are fools who kill and maim for no good reason.

So does Christianity need to be defended from Christians? It sure looks that way to me. I'd recommend that we Christians be a bit more tolerant about our differences and be more willing to recognize our common ground.
Christians are still sinners in this life. They need to hear the word of God according to it's God given perfect immediate context as much as anyone else.

Check out the verbs in the following section of Scripture. The verbs in bold teal are present tense and indicate an ongoing action. The verbs in bold blue are present indicative, those are statements of fact or truth.

“8. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.9. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.” (1Jo 1:8-10, KJVA)

Christians are still sinners in this life. They need to hear the word of God according to it's God given perfect immediate context as much as anyone else.

Check out the verbs in the following section of Scripture. The verbs in bold teal are present tense and indicate an ongoing action. The verbs in bold blue are present indicative, those are statements of fact or truth.

“8. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.9. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.” (1Jo 1:8-10, KJVA)
But if you don't grow, you are like someone who is short-sighted or blind, and has forgotten that God delivered him from the old life of sin;
So be sure of of your call and election, then you will never stumble and in this way you will be given a rich; lavish ·welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. 2 Peter 1

But if you don't grow, you are like someone who is short-sighted or blind, and has forgotten that God delivered him from the old life of sin;
So be sure of of your call and election, then you will never stumble and in this way you will be given a rich; lavish ·welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. 2 Peter 1
To grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord doesn't change the fact that faithful remain sinners and sinful in this life.

Jesus came to save sinners.

The bold blue verb below indicates a matter of fact or truth. This limits the context in which, "grow in the grace and knowledge of the Lord," is to be understood.

“This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.” (1Ti 1:15, KJVA)

And so it follows that:

“Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.” (1Ti 1:16, KJVA)

Last edited:

Good way to show the Greek tenses!

But, you will have to remind us what the colors mean each time you find need to use it.

I like that! :) ... its very helpful!

Last edited:
JonHawk said:
Jesus came to save sinners.
As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world...
To grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord doesn't change the fact that faithful remain dinners and sinful in this life.
But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5 made us alive with Christ —it is by grace you have been saved. Eph 2

Not everyone who is saved will receive a "lavish welcome."

Instead? Many will simply be glad to find they are saved, and will be eternally and immensely overjoyed to have a resurrection body!

Only those who become winners in the "good fight" will receive honor and reward. A lavish welcome!

To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne,
just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne." Revelation 3:21​

Many others who are saved will not receive a lavish welcome. Because, instead of submitting to the needed suffering of soul required by God as to get through the pressures to overcome the evils of their day, overcome by gaining more and more sound doctrine? They will instead seek out teachings as to please their natural way of seeing things. Those teachings designed to enable them to walk in their emotions in leu of the Spirit. These "emotionally pleased" ones will become stubborn and closed minded when their self satisfying 'comfort zone' is challenged by objective sound doctrinal teaching. They resent it.

For the time will come when they will not put up with (tolerate) sound doctrine.
Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number
of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear." 2 Timothy 4:3​

We are there today! It is why we see too many silly arguments that seem to never end.

Back