Defending Christianity From Judaism

Yes and Jesus became anointed of God in Matt 3:16 just as we all do who receives the same from Him. Christ in me is Gods anointing me.

The messiah is Gods Spirit in man. You haven't met the Christ have you?
Jesus the Christ is still a man. Nothing you posted changes that fact.

And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ.
The messiah is Gods Spirit in man. You haven't met the Christ have you?
Jesus the Christ is still a man. Nothing you posted changes that fact.
“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “the one who is and was and is coming, the Almighty."
I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s Day, and I heard behind me a loud voice, as of a trumpet, 11 saying, “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last,"
"I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death." Rev 1

Last edited:
Jesus proved his case. Where is your proof?
Jesus cant prove anything to anyone at all, no more than I can, all you have is a book someone wrote about him.

Want proof of what was said of Jesus? Then you would have to receieve from God, the One who came to Jesus and opened up all of His truths in that man. You can read how that happened in Matt 3:16. And you can read how the same happens in us all who has received from God the very same as you are supposed to as well.

That is the only way anyone can get Gods truths is from God Himself, until then all you have is speculations for a belief about Him and Jesus.

Newbirth said:
Jesus proved his case. Where is your proof?
Jesus cant prove anything to anyone at all, no more than I can, all you have is a book someone wrote about him.

Want proof of what was said of Jesus? Then you would have to receieve from God, the One who came to Jesus and opened up all of His truths in that man.
Because God has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead. Acts 17:31
You can read how that happened in Matt 3:16. And you can read how the same happens in us all who has received from God the very same as you are supposed to as well.
"Didn't you know that the Messiah would have to suffer and then enter his glory?” 27 And beginning at Moses and all the Prophets, He expounded to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning Himself. Luke 24:26-27
That is the only way anyone can get Gods truths is from God Himself, until then all you have is speculations for a belief about Him and Jesus.
Before Christ, you're dead in your transgressions;
God exalted him to his own right hand as Prince and Savior to grant Israel repentance and atone their sins. 32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him; Acts 5

Most Christians I'm familiar with explain Christ's fulfilling the law in that His sacrifice on the cross made salvation possible for those who cannot be saved by the law.
The law could never save anyone.
I didn't say you did. I said that just in case you want Jews to accept Jesus as having fulfilled the law, then you'll need to convince them.
As I already pointed out, I don't need to convince any of them of anything of the sort due to the fact that, "Jews believe that the way to the world to come comes about through meticulous observance to the Mosaic law. Jesus personifies that belief. The name means "God's salvation" which is personified in perfect adherence to God's will." No observant Jew would disagree with that, or need anyone to convince them of that fact.
Most Jews don't agree that Jesus fulfilled their law.
Beside the point I'm making which is that Jesus needn't be anything more than the personification of God's plan of salvation which is perfect adherence to the law. Jesus himself says that one must exceed the meticulous observance of the law exhibited by the scribes and Pharisees.
Why is that a false belief?
See above.
What you claim here is demonstrably false. You're suppressing the evidence I posted regarding the three rabbis who show just how much many Jews know.
Of Christianity? Their knowledge of false doctrines doesn't cut it.
No.

I didn't post a tautology.
My bad. It's a Non Sequitur: Here's what you posted: "if Jews are familiar with what many Christians are saying, then that's what Jews need to base their view of Christianity upon."

Which is false. Jews who actually want to determine the facts can go right to the original texts which as it happens are Jewish texts and there is no one more capable of ascertaining the facts of a Jewish text than an observant Jew which is why those who do will quite often observe that the Pharisees depicted in the gospel narratives are liars which is right in line with Jesus' assessment of them as well.
You can make your posts much easier to understand by avoiding uncommon terms like "the practical founder of Christianity" and instead using familiar terms like "Paul."
Referring to Paul as the practical founder of Christianity is quite familiar to most Christians who are familiar with Christian doctrines originated with Paul. For those who aren't familiar with this simple fact, I present it for their edification. You're welcome.
Then that goes for your claims too.
Not when I provide proof as well. Whenever you'd like to refute or even address them, I'm all ears.
No--name one Jewish scholar who says that the Pharisees were liars. You don't seem to have any examples.
I don't care if you believe me or not. I didn't find them online, but long ago while I was in school in an actual library on the other side of the continent. Ultimately, it doesn't really matter to you anyways. I've got better things to do than spend more than five minutes looking for examples. I've just pointed out that they're liars and why, and yet you couldn't care less. So why would you care if an observant Jew agreed with me?
Talk about non sequiturs! How does it logically follow that a lack of knowledge about the historical accuracy of the portrayal of the Pharisees in the gospel is to conclude that the gospels are false?
If they're historically inaccurate portrayals they're false portrayals. They're practically synonymous terms.
It's possible that it is.
And no one is surprised by your admission.
I asked you what Christians believe Jesus sinned by disobeying the Sabbath Law. If you're making that up, then don't waste my time with it.
Sounds like you're calling me a liar now. Your inability to resist engaging in Ad Hominem is telling. Yes, plenty of Christians openly claim that Jesus broke the Sabbath, and his disciples openly broke the Sabbath by eating what while they walked through a field of wheat. All Christians openly admit that Jesus not only violated the dietary laws, but pronounced them null and void forever more. You can literally find a Christian scribe's parenthetical remark placed in most bibles which states: "(thus he made all foods clean)" Mark 7:19 This parenthetical note migrated from the margins into the text from the Codex Bezai and is a blatant afront to the doctrine that Christ's sacrifice required that he be sinless. He is not only not sinless by Christianity's own definition, but openly condoning sin in his disciples.

This is Christianity's doctrine, and is nowhere to be found in the manuscripts themselves.
I was referring to what Jesus said about evil people performing miracles
Nobody has forgotten your argument. Repeating yourself doesn't advance the discussion, nor does it refute my point.
And it looks like it doesn't matter what you argue when you dodge my questions.
What it looks like doesn't address my point, nor am I dodging your question. I'm pointing out that the text itself points to the fact that these are signs. I've offered you proof for your edification before, only to have you spurn it with a handwave. You refused to even look at the links I provided so no one is fooled by your lack of a convincing argument nor your inability to refute anything I've posted.
Conduct yourself properly and honestly in this debate, or I'll move on.
Says the guy who admits he's posting insulting comments e.g. "If you want me to respect your arguments, then post respectable arguments.". No one is fooled by your inability to address much less even refute my argument. You're quite obviously wasting your time, and resorting to blatantly ridiculous claims of violations of decorum and dishonesty is pathetic.

You always do this when you can't win an argument. You do it with everyone on this forum. Instead of addressing the argument you resort to pointless Ad Hominem attacks. Please do move on.

And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ.

“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “the one who is and was and is coming, the Almighty."
I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s Day, and I heard behind me a loud voice, as of a trumpet, 11 saying, “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last,"
"I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death." Rev 1
Is it your understanding that the scripture is saying that your God is a man who died?
Nothing in the passage says Jesus is God...
10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,
11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
12 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;
13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
(John saw a man)
14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;
15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.
16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.
17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
(A man who was dead and was resurrected. God cannot die)

Because God has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead. Acts 17:31
That is proof Jesus is not God. God is judging the world by his son...
John 5:22
For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:
"Didn't you know that the Messiah would have to suffer and then enter his glory?” 27 And beginning at Moses and all the Prophets, He expounded to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning Himself. Luke 24:26-27
The Messiah is not God.
God exalted him to his own right hand as Prince and Savior to grant Israel repentance and atone their sins. 32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him; Acts 5
Therefore Jesus is not God.

That is proof Jesus is not God. God is judging the world by his son...
John 5:22
For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:
For this is the will of My Father: Everyone who sees the Son and believes in him has eternal life.

And will not be judged but has passed over from death to life.

A new commandment I write to you, which thing is true in Him and in you;

This is how God showed his love to us: He sent his only Son into the world to give us life through Him. 1 John 4:9

For this is the will of My Father: Everyone who sees the Son and believes in him has eternal life.

This is how God showed his love to us: He sent his only Son into the world to give us life through Him. 1 John 4:9
then Jesus is not God...

then Jesus is not God...
Your ignorance won't change His divinity.

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. Hebrews 13:8

But to the Son He says:
“Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;
A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom. Heb 1

God will point a day He will judge the world? LOL -- He did that in the very beginning with Adam, Adam was the first to be judged by God and the good news is Adam became like Him as we all are supposed to, Gen 3:22.

Guess what, you are being judged this day if you are like Him or not aren't you? And you know very well if you are like Him and walk as He walks with the same sings following you that follows us who has receieved from God that what Jesus, Adam, Moses, 120 and me did. SO there is Gods judgment THIS DAY!

Paul just made up stuff as he saw it through carnal eyes.
"Didn't you know that the Messiah would have to suffer and then enter his glory?”
Absolutely Gods Spirit suffers, who is the messiah who does come, the One who came to Jesus and 0pened up who He is and all of His heaven in that man just as He does in us all will receive His salvation to be like Him.
27 And beginning at Moses and all the Prophets, He expounded to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning Himself. Luke 24:26-27
Yes God always does that in man, or should I say the ones who will receive Him as Jesus did and others did.

Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:

26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?

27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

The Christ, Gods anointing, does suffer greatly for people as yourself serve another such as Paul instead and have no intent in bing that person of Christ who is Gods anointed, you suffer the Christ for sure.
Yes and if you are not that person of Christ that God comes and anointed by His Spirit then you defiantly are the transgressor.
God exalted him to his own right hand as Prince and Savior to grant Israel repentance and atone their sins.
Just as He does us all who has received from Him that what Jesus received from Him, Jesus referred to this new man of God as born again to be like the Father, but because you are like Paul instead then. We who are of Christ as Jesus was of Christ sit with Him in His throne, Rev 3:21
32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him; Acts 5
Same witness o fGod that Jesus was witness of Him no different at all. You never have met Him to be like Him have you? But when, or if, you ever do see Him as He is ye shall be like Him to. 1 John 3.

Oh no, Jesus changed dramatically in Matt 3:16. It is the One who changed Him who is the same.

Y0ou should follow Jesus instead pop one as Paul who steers you away from the Christ.
But to the Son He says:
And Pauls kingdom was sin.

But to the Son He says:
Oh no, Jesus changed dramatically in Matt 3:16. It is the One who changed Him who is the same.
Y0ou should follow Jesus instead pop one as Paul who steers you away from the Christ.
In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge: 2 Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season...for some will not tolerate sound doctrine...2 Tim 4:1-3

There is only one gospel; The gospel of Jesus Christ, 4 who saves us from the wicked present corrupt age, according to the will of our God and Father, 5 to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen. Gal 1
And Pauls kingdom was sin.
And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. 4 The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 2 Cor 4

Last edited:
Let me start by explaining that in no way do I mean this topic to be a slur on Jews. Nevertheless, it is true that most Jews either ignore the truths of the Gospel or actively deny those truths. Here's a list of some of the more common arguments I've heard Rabbis use against Christian doctrines:
  1. Jesus is not the Messiah.
  2. God did not inspire the New Testament.
  3. There are no passages in the Hebrew Bible that clearly prophesy Jesus or even mention him at all.
  4. The Jewish people never forfeited their role as God's chosen people to the Christian church.
  5. Contrary to the way the Pharisees are portrayed in the Gospels, they were actually good people who have blessed humanity.
  6. The miracles of Jesus, even if they are historical, do not prove he was sent by God.
  7. Christian doctrine led to centuries of hatred of and persecution on the Jewish people on the part of Christians which culminated in the Holocaust.
How can we defend our faith against these charges? I look forward to a lively discussion on this very important issue.
Why bother??? Every phony religious system has "Common Arguments" whether it's Roman Catholics, Jews, JWs, Mormons, whatever.

And "Rabbis", in the case of the Jewish paradigms, just like the Sanhedron of Jesus time, are the most personally vulnerable in their sects. (2 Tim 2:23, Tit 3:9)

Paul's solution was to KNOW NOTHING except Jesus and Him Crucified, and let the Holy Spirit do the convincing (and blow away their ignorant arguments). (1 Cor 2:2)

But to the Son He says:
So you have two Gods? Are you saying, God is God and his son is another God he sent?

Let me start by explaining that in no way do I mean this topic to be a slur on Jews. Nevertheless, it is true that most Jews either ignore the truths of the Gospel or actively deny those truths. Here's a list of some of the more common arguments I've heard Rabbis use against Christian doctrines:
  1. Jesus is not the Messiah.
God blinded them...Deut 28:15 But it shall come to pass, if thou wilt not hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to observe to do all his commandments and his statutes which I command thee this day; that all these curses shall come upon thee, and overtake thee:
  1. God did not inspire the New Testament.
Deut 28:15 But it shall come to pass, if thou wilt not hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to observe to do all his commandments and his statutes which I command thee this day; that all these curses shall come upon thee, and overtake thee:
  1. There are no passages in the Hebrew Bible that clearly prophesy Jesus or even mention him at all.
Deut 28:15 But it shall come to pass, if thou wilt not hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to observe to do all his commandments and his statutes which I command thee this day; that all these curses shall come upon thee, and overtake thee:
  1. The Jewish people never forfeited their role as God's chosen people to the Christian church.
  1. Contrary to the way the Pharisees are portrayed in the Gospels, they were actually good people who have blessed humanity.
  1. The miracles of Jesus, even if they are historical, do not prove he was sent by God.
  1. Christian doctrine led to centuries of hatred of and persecution on the Jewish people on the part of Christians which culminated in the Holocaust.
God did not call anyone to be a Christian. But
How can we defend our faith against these charges? I look forward to a lively discussion on this very important issue.

Isa 56
1 Thus saith the Lord, Keep ye judgment, and do justice: for my salvation is near to come, and my righteousness to be revealed.
2 Blessed is the man that doeth this, and the son of man that layeth hold on it; that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil
3 Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the Lord, speak, saying, The Lord hath utterly separated me from his people: neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I am a dry tree.
4 For thus saith the Lord unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant;
5 Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off.
6 Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the Lord, to serve him, and to love the name of the Lord, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant;
7 Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.
8 The Lord God, which gathereth the outcasts of Israel saith, Yet will I gather others to him, beside those that are gathered unto him.
9 All ye beasts of the field, come to devour, yea, all ye beasts in the forest.
10 His watchmen are blind: they are all ignorant, they are all dumb dogs, they cannot bark; sleeping, lying down, loving to slumber.
11 Yea, they are greedy dogs which can never have enough, and they are shepherds that cannot understand: they all look to their own way, every one for his gain, from his quarter.
12 Come ye, say they, I will fetch wine, and we will fill ourselves with strong drink; and to morrow shall be as this day, and much more abundant.

One God and Father, one Lord, one faith, one Spirit—baptism; one body [of believers] Eph 4
So you have two Gods? Are you saying, God is God and his son is another God he sent?
Yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live. 1 Corinthians 8:6-7

One God and Father, one Lord, one faith, one Spirit—baptism; one body [of believers] Eph 4

Yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live. 1 Corinthians 8:6-7
God made Jesus Christ Lord...
Acts 2:36
Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

God made Jesus Christ Lord...
Acts 2:36
Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
After he has suffered, He will see the light of life [In him was life]
by his knowledge my righteous Servant [Jesus Christ] will justify many, and he will bear their iniquities. Isaiah 53:11

He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. John 1

Back