Defending Christianity From Judaism

Let me start by explaining that in no way do I mean this topic to be a slur on Jews. Nevertheless, it is true that most Jews either ignore the truths of the Gospel or actively deny those truths. Here's a list of some of the more common arguments I've heard Rabbis use against Christian doctrines:
  1. Jesus is not the Messiah.
  2. God did not inspire the New Testament.
  3. There are no passages in the Hebrew Bible that clearly prophesy Jesus or even mention him at all.
  4. The Jewish people never forfeited their role as God's chosen people to the Christian church.
  5. Contrary to the way the Pharisees are portrayed in the Gospels, they were actually good people who have blessed humanity.
  6. The miracles of Jesus, even if they are historical, do not prove he was sent by God.
  7. Christian doctrine led to centuries of hatred of and persecution on the Jewish people on the part of Christians which culminated in the Holocaust.
How can we defend our faith against these charges? I look forward to a lively discussion on this very important issue.
One that is not mentioned is the Christian doctrine of the Trinity. Jews don't agree with this doctrine; they say that God is one, (even though we teach God is one).

But the Trinity can be found in the OT.

The tabernacle
- the Ark of the Covenant is God the Father
- the table with the bread of the presence is.
God the Son
- the menorah is God the Holy Spirit

One that is not mentioned is the Christian doctrine of the Trinity. Jews don't agree with this doctrine; they say that God is one, (even though we teach God is one).

But the Trinity can be found in the OT.
A trinity cant be found anywhere in the Bible unless you edit it yourself to be in there.
The tabernacle
- the Ark of the Covenant is God the Father
Yes man is the temple of Him, the place God resides. And the mercy seat is that place where God and man come together as one, He in you and you inHim as one John 17.
- the table with the bread of the presence is.
God the Son
And I am His son, so are all who God is our Father as He was Jesus Father.
- the menorah is God the Holy Spirit
God is Love, His Spirit is Love, and never changes, is the same from Adam as He is today in all who is of His Spirit to be like Him and walk in it as He walks in it. Jesus was awakened to this fact in Matt 3:16.

Are you saying Moses was ignorant for not knowing there was a Heaven and Hell or places of eternal reward and punishment?
That's a loaded question because it assumes that Moses was ignorant of Christian concepts of the afterlife. I'm not sure he didn't know about heaven and hell. I don't know of his saying there were no such places. Your assuming his ignorance I think is therefore unwarranted.

In any case, the long span of time God took to send Jesus is puzzling. You would think he would have sent Jesus to save us from our sins as soon as sin threatened us. We are told that God was very active with the Israelites long before Jesus was born. I think God was doing so partly to prepare the world for Christ's arrival.

That's a loaded question because it assumes that Moses was ignorant of Christian concepts of the afterlife. I'm not sure he didn't know about heaven and hell. I don't know of his saying there were no such places. Your assuming his ignorance I think is therefore unwarranted.
But Moses tried to bring people into that promised land, or heaven it is called today.
In any case, the long span of time God took to send Jesus is puzzling.
It isn't for me for from Adam until today God never has changed and was the same in Adam that He was in Abraham, Moses, Jesus in Matty 3:16, 120 in an upper room and all today who He is come to no different from day one with Adam where Adam himself became like God to know this difference just as Jesus Moses and others received the very same from God.
You would think he would have sent Jesus to save us from our sins as soon as sin threatened us.
He sends His Spirit, the One who does the saving, all Jesus could do was show people what Gods salvation is and Jesus can save you if one will follow him to the One who does the saving.
We are told that God was very active with the Israelites long before Jesus was born. I think God was doing so partly to prepare the world for Christ's arrival.
But Christ, Gods anointing has always been here, never has left. We can read how all of these became anointed of GHod by His Spirit, and the very same thing happens in all today who has receieved the very same from God as these did. God didnt change somewhere along the line at all.

Man has changed their gods however and made laws and rules to govern their beliefs for a god that they may control him, to obey them in their beliefs. Beliefs are not real only speculation, realization is when the same God who Adam became like in Gen 2;22 is the very same one who does the same in people today who will let Him in. For the prophecy is the One at your door this day and anyone who will open it He will come to you and sup with you and be in you, no different from Adam, Moses Jesus 120 at all.

So God sent Jesus to earth or he impregnated himself into a woman to obtain a human body, so that he can remind Jews that demons and hell exist, that are absent in Old Testament because God forgot to tell Moses about them?

So God sent Jesus to earth or he impregnated himself into a woman to obtain a human body, so that he can remind Jews that demons and hell exist, that are absent in Old Testament because God forgot to tell Moses about them?
Jesus, as some call him god, came to his mother Mary, impregnated her and gave birth to himself? And that seems to be what some believe that Jesus was God. Sounds kind kinky to me!

Jesus, as some call him god, came to his mother Mary, impregnated her and gave birth to himself? And that seems to be what some believe that Jesus was God. Sounds kind kinky to me!

Mark is the original Gospel, which begins the story of Jesus as a wandering adult, probably a physician, or a story about a common man.

So the entire birth narrative is not even canon.

Mark is the original Gospel, which begins the story of Jesus as a wandering adult, probably a physician, or a story about a common man.

So the entire birth narrative is not even canon.
Perhaps not but the fact remains that all are virgin to Gods Spirit until one receive Him in their soul to have His same mind and walk in it as Jesus did in Matt 3:16. One can not know God at all without the same in you.

How many do you know who was as Jesus was I n the Father and perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect as Jesus commands of us if we are to be of the Father and without sin.
Nobody, not even you.

Gods desire is that you be like Him, God isn't going to kill anyone
Really!!! He didn't kill a lot of people in the flood? He didn't command the Jews to kill every man, woman and child in Jericho?
Not very many are actually as He is as He demands of us if we are to be Gods anointed.
None of are like He demands us. That's why we continually need grace.

Let me start by explaining that in no way do I mean this topic to be a slur on Jews. Nevertheless, it is true that most Jews either ignore the truths of the Gospel or actively deny those truths. Here's a list of some of the more common arguments I've heard Rabbis use against Christian doctrines:
  3. There are no passages in the Hebrew Bible that clearly prophesy Jesus or even mention him at all.
  4. The Jewish people never forfeited their role as God's chosen people to the Christian church.
  5. Contrary to the way the Pharisees are portrayed in the Gospels, they were actually good people who have blessed humanity.
  6. The miracles of Jesus, even if they are historical, do not prove he was sent by God.
  7. Christian doctrine led to centuries of hatred of and persecution on the Jewish people on the part of Christians which culminated in the Holocaust.
How can we defend our faith against these charges? I look forward to a lively discussion on this very important issue.
I wouldn't even bother. After all PAUL, when dealing with the lost (whether Jews or Gentiles), simply preached Jesus Christ and him crucified, and let the Holy Spirit do the heavy lifting.

I've got no problems with Jewish foolishness. All they are is BLIND, until God "turns their lights on".

Nobody, not even you.
And do you know why you dont know anyone who is of Christ? I do!
Really!!! He didn't kill a lot of people in the flood? He didn't command the Jews to kill every man, woman and child in Jericho?
No God didnt kill anyone, that was their choice, He tried to save them He tried to tell them what they are doing to themselves now didnt He and what would happen if they kept on in their ways?

And is not that same message sent out today by God, if people continue as is man is today as was in Noahs day will destroy themselves? And it is no different today from Noahs day.

The waring is still the same. And trust Him for history really does repent itself, only this time fire will be the culprit instead of water. And we are seeing more and more of that today dont ya think?
None of are like He demands us. That's why we continually need grace.
Not for your religion I agree, but we who God has manifest Himself in as He manifested Himself in Jesus in Matt 3:16 and opens up who He is and all of His heaven in that man does the very same in us and we walk as He walks in His same light.

That is why you try and walk in grace instead of having that mind of grace that God puts in man that is a mind of Love. I have received His grace, His mind, so did Jesus in Matt 3:16. read it. You are supposed to be like Him as well.

I am saved by grace being my own disposition as that of Jesus.

And do you know why you dont know anyone who is of Christ? I do!
What do you mean "of" Christ. I know why Christians are ineffective or unfruitful, Peter tell us.

2Pe 1:5 Now for this very reason also, applying all diligence, in your faith supply moral [a]excellence, and in your moral excellence, knowledge, 6 and in your knowledge, self-control, and in your self-control, perseverance, and in your perseverance, godliness, 7 and in your godliness, brotherly kindness, and in your brotherly kindness, love. 8 For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they render you neither useless nor unfruitful in the true knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For he who lacks these qualities is blind or short-sighted, having forgotten his purification from his former sins. 10 Therefore, brethren, be all the more diligent to make certain about His calling and choosing you; for as long as you practice these things, you will never stumble;

None of us are diligent (persevering, painstaking effort) to practice (do or perform habitually or customarily; make a habit of) those qualities.
No God didnt kill anyone, that was their choice, He tried to save them He tried to tell them what they are doing to themselves now didnt He and what would happen if they kept on in their ways?
He still drowned them.
Deu 32:39 “‘See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god beside me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand.
I am saved by grace being my own disposition as that of Jesus.
If you say so.

We don't know if God didn't tell Moses about demons, hell, and a future virgin birth. So that's another loaded question which assumes that God forgot to tell Moses about them.

What do you mean "of" Christ.
To be Gods anointed yourself.
I know why Christians are ineffective or unfruitful, Peter tell us.
I dont know Peter but I do know the Father and why He is ineffective for you.
2Pe 1:5 Now for this very reason also, applying all diligence, in your faith supply moral [a]excellence, and in your moral excellence, knowledge, 6 and in your knowledge, self-control, and in your self-control, perseverance, and in your perseverance, godliness, 7 and in your godliness, brotherly kindness, and in your brotherly kindness, love. 8 For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they render you neither useless nor unfruitful in the true knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For he who lacks these qualities is blind or short-sighted, having forgotten his purification from his former sins. 10 Therefore, brethren, be all the more diligent to make certain about His calling and choosing you; for as long as you practice these things, you will never stumble;

None of us are diligent (persevering, painstaking effort) to practice (do or perform habitually or customarily; make a habit of) those qualities.

He still drowned them.
Deu 32:39 “‘See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god beside me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand.

If you say so.
And He will burn them up, just look around LOL.

One was killed by water the other is killed by fire, watch the news. History goes on and on doesnt it but man never learns the same as what happened in Noahs time that is the same today, only fire not water. .

I dont know Peter but I do know the Father
Peter was appointed to be an Apostle by Jesus Himself and moved by the Holy Spirit to write what he did. If you knew the Father you would not denigrate one of His appointed representatives.

Let me start by explaining that in no way do I mean this topic to be a slur on Jews.
You should explain who you are referring to when you say Jews.
Nevertheless, it is true that most Jews either ignore the truths of the Gospel or actively deny those truths.
This is nothing new. Paul wrote to Titus concerning this...
8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.
9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.
10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;
11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.
Here's a list of some of the more common arguments I've heard Rabbis use against Christian doctrines:
You have fallen into the trap of division. God did not call anyone to be a Christian. How many denominations are there in Christianity? Do they all teach the same doctrine? Any attempt to defend Christianity must be toward one particular denomination.
The different denominations in Christianity will each defend those points differently. God is not a God of confusion.
If your faith is Christianity there is no way to defend those charges since you would have conflicts with other denominations.

I dont know Peter but I do know the Father and why He is ineffective for you.
You don't know Peter? Do you know any of the apostles? You are funny. If you don't know these guys why then do you read what they wrote? You seem to be saying that you got to know God apart from the teachings of the apostles.

Peter was appointed to be an Apostle by Jesus Himself and moved by the Holy Spirit to write what he did. If you knew the Father you would not denigrate one of His appointed representatives.
If you remove from the Bible what everyone said about Jesus from their perspective and leave only what was quoted of Jesus, you would have a completely different outlook about what God would have for you. Jesus needed no man teach him only the father and I am the very same in that respect. Man didnt teach Jesus about God, only God Himself can do that according to Jesus for he did say that he could do noting, noting at all, without the Father who sent him.

If you remove from the Bible what everyone said about Jesus from their perspective and leave only what was quoted of Jesus, you would have a completely different outlook about what God would have for you. Jesus needed no man teach him only the father and I am the very same in that respect. Man didnt teach Jesus about God, only God Himself can do that according to Jesus for he did say that he could do noting, noting at all, without the Father who sent him.
Oh, I get it. You don't need the Scripture. Just you and the Father alone. Okay, I won't waste your time anymore with my un-sanctified words.

I wouldn't even bother. After all PAUL, when dealing with the lost (whether Jews or Gentiles), simply preached Jesus Christ and him crucified, and let the Holy Spirit do the heavy lifting.

I've got no problems with Jewish foolishness. All they are is BLIND, until God "turns their lights on".
Hmmm. Could it be that Jews are unlikely to convert to Christianity for fear that they may end up characterizing entire groups as foolish and blind?

Back