Defending Christianity From Judaism

i only refer to followers.... so where was the debating?
I already cited two examples: Luke 9: 51-55 and in Matthew 16:23. Is there something about those passages you don't see as debating?

Anyway, Jesus debating his followers is a bit off topic unless you see something in those debates that relate to defending Christian doctrine against Jews.

I already cited two examples: Luke 9: 51-55 and in Matthew 16:23. Is there something about those passages you don't see as debating?

Anyway, Jesus debating his followers is a bit off topic unless you see something in those debates that relate to defending Christian doctrine against Jews.
A soul in Him understands and would not be debating christ…. right?

A soul in Him understands and would not be debating christ…. right?
If I understand your question, you are asking if it is correct that all those who follow Christ do not debate Christ's doctrines. While I'm sure that not all followers of Christ debate Christ's doctrines, there are many examples of Christ's followers who debate Christ's doctrines or debate Christ himself. Paul, for instance, debated the Greeks. Those Christians who debate Christ's doctrines are known as Christian apologists. Modern day examples of Christian apologists include CS Lewis, Lee Strobel, and William Lane Craig.

So what would you say to a Jew who told you that Jesus is not the prophesied Messiah or that God did not inspire the New Testament?

If I understand your question, you are asking if it is correct that all those who follow Christ do not debate Christ's doctrines. While I'm sure that not all followers of Christ debate Christ's doctrines, there are many examples of Christ's followers who debate Christ's doctrines or debate Christ himself. Paul, for instance, debated the Greeks. Those Christians who debate Christ's doctrines are known as Christian apologists. Modern day examples of Christian apologists include CS Lewis, Lee Strobel, and William Lane Craig.

So what would you say to a Jew who told you that Jesus is not the prophesied Messiah or that God did not inspire the New Testament?
no I was commenting on that His followers do not debate Christ... Christ is the truth.

I would need to see if they were open to a conversation and to hear about Him
but no debating for me...
if a soul's to be saved it's by God bringing that soul to Him....

no I was commenting on that His followers do not debate Christ... Christ is the truth.
But the truth of Christ is often debated by His followers. I do so all the time. Scripture mandates that we be ready to defend our hope in Christ. 1 Peter 3:15:
Always be ready to make your defense to anyone who demands from you an accounting for the hope that is in you...
If you are not ready to defend why you look to Christ for hope, then you need to get ready to do so.
I would need to see if they were open to a conversation and to hear about Him
If they demand you account for your hope, then God's commandment is that you defend the faith.
but no debating for me...
You're debating right now!
if a soul's to be saved it's by God bringing that soul to Him....
Yes, but you can be the means by which God saves that soul. Please do your duty to Jesus.

But the truth of Christ is often debated by His followers. I do so all the time. Scripture mandates that we be ready to defend our hope in Christ. 1 Peter 3:15:
so why would we be defending and arguing among His own ones ? Why would anyone fight Him ? He IS the truth....
that's a bit questioning God?
If you are not ready to defend why you look to Christ for hope, then you need to get ready to do so.
I'm a female.
If they demand you account for your hope, then God's commandment is that you defend the faith.
If some asks me about Him, of course I will witness them all I can...
You're debating right now!
im not. I'm just talking with you, and trying to understand.
Yes, but you can be the means by which God saves that soul. Please do your duty to Jesus.
I have had wonderful chances to share to other sweet souls His promise to us ...
and that I treasure...but neither can I force that line on those who are not open whatsoever...
I witness how I can... and how He provides me to.

Yes Judaism does not follow the ways of Christ much as our denominations today dont either.
It appears that Christians have rejected Christ as much as Jews have.
Not very many of our churches actually follow the ways of Jesus Christ in the Father to be like Him as Jesus was like Him as God demands of us all if we are to be of Him and like Him, because they are sinners instead and will confess they are sinners but never repent from them to be of Christ and without sin.
Jesus lacks authority among many of his followers. Many want to be saved by Jesus but without all those troublesome conditions.
Christ is the messiah, Jesus was only messenger for the Christ, Gods anointing, that does come and makes His residence in man to be like Him. The messiah who is at the door knocking this day is the same One who came to Jesus in Matt 3:16 where Jesus opened that door to Him and let Him open up who He is and all of His heaven in Jesus.
Should Jesus knock on the doors of the Jews?
For me, and I know many here in this forum hate me and put me on ignore for being that person of God that Jesus came to show us, or should I say me, what that is to be in the Father myself as he was in the Father himself no different at all.
I wouldn't say anybody hates you. Other possibilities include their not understanding you or their not seeing how your posts relate to what they wish to discuss.
For me it isn't about defending Christianity, Jim Jones and David Koresh defended their christianity, it is about having from God the very same as Jesus had from them. These who defend Christianity are actually defending their own rules and regulations of the creeds they follow as in denominations and call it of Christ.
It is possible to defend the genuine Christ. You just did.
God needs no defense,
True, but God's doctrines in particular the doctrines from Jesus need to be defended from the criticisms of Jews.

Yes indeed. Most who self identify as "Christian" simply are not. Declaring yourself to be so doesn't make it so.

Jesus lacks authority among many of his followers. Many want to be saved by Jesus but without all those troublesome conditions.

Jesus taught many things that are rejected by most within the church system.

He does.

I wouldn't say anybody hates you. Other possibilities include their not understanding you or their not seeing how your posts relate to what they wish to discuss.

True, but God's doctrines in particular the doctrines from Jesus need to be defended from the criticisms of Jews.

Jesus doesn't need our protection. It's the other way around.

Last edited:
Indeed, and no different at all. All of these are of the laws of what ever temple they belong to who has formed their own laws for a belief such as in Catholic, Mormons, Muslims, Pentecostals, AOGs, COCs, you name it, that all are of their laws to regulate their beliefs for a god Just as the Jews do, Just different laws to regulate their gods and the people in a pew that they may keep them sitting there mainly for enterprise.

And whoever is the best salesman wins LOL. And just about every preacher wish they were as good a salesman of themselves as Joel Osteen and some others TV guys who sell their gods that they have made to follow them, to the highest bidder. Some are really good salesmen dung the gullible that they have the way so they can have their private jets and multiple million dollar homes. LOL
It is very difficult for a person to deny himself, give that right to himself in his own ways and understanding and purge self from everything man has planted and programmed them to believe.

It was a difficult thing for Jesus in Matt 3:16 when he walked away from that religion mind of the Jewish temple he once taught their laws in even from a young age and receive from God a new mind of Gods way of thinking.

People cant relate to the same because they do not want to give up that right to themselves and become like Him as Jesus did instead.
Jesus is no longer with us, but the One at the door this day is the same One who was at Jesus door knocking, and any man that will let Him in, He will come to you and sup with you AND BE IN YOU, no matter the Jew, Catholic, Mormon, Pentecostal, atheists, no matter who one is or what he believes of a god.
Yes, perhaps hate wasn't the proper description of hating me, but obviously they hate that what I sand for just as in Jesus day they hated him for what he stood for.

And you are correct, they put me on ignore and dont want to hear because they cant comprehend what Jesus teaches to be like him in the Father themselves as Jesus was in the Father himself.

I think the reason they do put me on ignore for when I repeat that what Jesus said they should be they get all puffed up because they know Jesus is right, they just won't follow him in his ways in the Father themselves.
I see it as im not here to defend the Christ, God is good enough for that job, not Even Jesus wasn't efficient enough defending the Father, and stated if you cant believe what I say then believe that what I do. As for me I am here to be that witness of the Father as Jesus was witness of Him by the way we live and what we do. That is the only witness one has of the father is to be like Him that others can see.

Any man can talk a great talk but it is another matter to actually live it as Jesus did.
I understand what you are saying for sure, but I dont see it as a defense but a witness.

I want to thank you for your understanding of me, not many do, but I can relate to what you say in n the Father, Thank you.
And Im not patronizing you, it is a genuine heart felt.

Here is something so interesting for me and not many can see this and it is that every one of Jesus disciples who followed Jesus and he taught them his ways and they got excited when they actually went out and did the miracles Jesus sent them out to do and came back to Jesus rejoicing that miracles followed them.

Here his the ironic. At Jesus trials and tribulation when it got down to the tacks act, every single one of Jesus disciples flat out denied him to be identified with him at his trials and tribulations, not one came to his side to be identified with him.

But in Acts 2 we read where God Himself came to these as He did in Jesus in Matt 3:16 and opens up all of who He really is and who they are in the Father -- and what happened? They went out and did the very same as Jesus did and was treated the very same as Jesus was by the same.

Our churches are stuck in that very same place that Jesus disciples was stuck in in that denial. They rejoice sitting in a pew singing pretty songs and prayed of repetition, but when the demand comes from God to walk out from these as He walks with the same signs follow, right there is where the doubt and unbelief sets in just as it was with Jesus own disciples, denying the very one God sent to show them the way.

I make it sounds if Jesus failed, but he didnt at all. Acts 2 was their confirmation for what Jesus tried to teach them by example. The became that same example. So do all to day who has received the same from God Himself as Jesus did, as 120 did.

And in that I understand how people perceive me for the very same reason as Jesus disciples perceived him before Acs 2. For all I do is try and repeat to these that what Jesus said of us and his Father and of himself.

But because that have diverted from Gods ways and made Jesus as god instead, they use it as an excuse to worship a different god from the One Jesus worshiped, OBEYED, and pray to his God for us to be on in Him as he was one in Him in Matt 3:16 and the very reason many here accuse me of blaspheme for being as Jesus was in the Father as I am supposed to be instead of like them instead.

Gotta love them as Jesus did or one will faint for sure.

They rejected God...
Acts 13:46
Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles.
Most did, but it still does not change what God said.
Only the Jews can cause things on themselves.
This is what happens to Israel when they didn't observe the commands of God...Deut 28
15 But it shall come to pass, if thou wilt not hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to observe to do all his commandments and his statutes which I command thee this day; that all these curses shall come upon thee, and overtake thee:
16 Cursed shalt thou be in the city, and cursed shalt thou be in the field.
17 Cursed shall be thy basket and thy store.
18 Cursed shall be the fruit of thy body, and the fruit of thy land, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep.
19 Cursed shalt thou be when thou comest in, and cursed shalt thou be when thou goest out.
20 The Lord shall send upon thee cursing, vexation, and rebuke, in all that thou settest thine hand unto for to do, until thou be destroyed, and until thou perish quickly; because of the wickedness of thy doings, whereby thou hast forsaken me.
21 The Lord shall make the pestilence cleave unto thee, until he have consumed thee from off the land, whither thou goest to possess it.
22 The Lord shall smite thee with a consumption, and with a fever, and with an inflammation, and with an extreme burning, and with the sword, and with blasting, and with mildew; and they shall pursue thee until thou perish.
23 And thy heaven that is over thy head shall be brass, and the earth that is under thee shall be iron.
24 The Lord shall make the rain of thy land powder and dust: from heaven shall it come down upon thee, until thou be destroyed.
25 The Lord shall cause thee to be smitten before thine enemies: thou shalt go out one way against them, and flee seven ways before them: and shalt be removed into all the kingdoms of the earth.
26 And thy carcase shall be meat unto all fowls of the air, and unto the beasts of the earth, and no man shall fray them away.
27 The Lord will smite thee with the botch of Egypt, and with the emerods, and with the scab, and with the itch, whereof thou canst not be healed.
28 The Lord shall smite thee with madness, and blindness, and astonishment of heart:
29 And thou shalt grope at noonday, as the blind gropeth in darkness, and thou shalt not prosper in thy ways: and thou shalt be only oppressed and spoiled evermore, and no man shall save thee.
30 Thou shalt betroth a wife, and another man shall lie with her: thou shalt build an house, and thou shalt not dwell therein: thou shalt plant a vineyard, and shalt not gather the grapes thereof.
31 Thine ox shall be slain before thine eyes, and thou shalt not eat thereof: thine ass shall be violently taken away from before thy face, and shall not be restored to thee: thy sheep shall be given unto thine enemies, and thou shalt have none to rescue them.
32 Thy sons and thy daughters shall be given unto another people, and thine eyes shall look, and fail with longing for them all the day long; and there shall be no might in thine hand.
33 The fruit of thy land, and all thy labours, shall a nation which thou knowest not eat up; and thou shalt be only oppressed and crushed alway:
34 So that thou shalt be mad for the sight of thine eyes which thou shalt see.
35 The Lord shall smite thee in the knees, and in the legs, with a sore botch that cannot be healed, from the sole of thy foot unto the top of thy head.
36 The Lord shall bring thee, and thy king which thou shalt set over thee, unto a nation which neither thou nor thy fathers have known; and there shalt thou serve other gods, wood and stone.
37 And thou shalt become an astonishment, a proverb, and a byword, among all nations whither the Lord shall lead thee.
38 Thou shalt carry much seed out into the field, and shalt gather but little in; for the locust shall consume it.
39 Thou shalt plant vineyards, and dress them, but shalt neither drink of the wine, nor gather the grapes; for the worms shall eat them.
40 Thou shalt have olive trees throughout all thy coasts, but thou shalt not anoint thyself with the oil; for thine olive shall cast his fruit.
41 Thou shalt beget sons and daughters, but thou shalt not enjoy them; for they shall go into captivity.
42 All thy trees and fruit of thy land shall the locust consume.
43 The stranger that is within thee shall get up above thee very high; and thou shalt come down very low.
44 He shall lend to thee, and thou shalt not lend to him: he shall be the head, and thou shalt be the tail.
45 Moreover all these curses shall come upon thee, and shall pursue thee, and overtake thee, till thou be destroyed; because thou hearkenedst not unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which he commanded thee:
46 And they shall be upon thee for a sign and for a wonder, and upon thy seed for ever.
47 Because thou servedst not the Lord thy God with joyfulness, and with gladness of heart, for the abundance of all things;
48 Therefore shalt thou serve thine enemies which the Lord shall send against thee, in hunger, and in thirst, and in nakedness, and in want of all things: and he shall put a yoke of iron upon thy neck, until he have destroyed thee.
49 The Lord shall bring a nation against thee from far, from the end of the earth, as swift as the eagle flieth; a nation whose tongue thou shalt not understand;
Case in point:
And it shall come to pass, when all these things are come upon thee, the blessing and the curse, which I have set before thee, and thou shalt call them to mind among all the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath driven thee, And shalt return unto the LORD thy God, and shalt obey his voice according to all that I command thee this day, thou and thy children, with all thine heart, and with all thy soul; That then the LORD thy God will turn thy captivity, and have compassion upon thee, and will return and gather thee from all the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath scattered thee. If any of thine be driven out unto the outmost parts of heaven, from thence will the LORD thy God gather thee, and from thence will he fetch thee: And the LORD thy God will bring thee into the land which thy fathers possessed, and thou shalt possess it; and he will do thee good, and multiply thee above thy fathers. And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live. And the LORD thy God will put all these curses upon thine enemies, and on them that hate thee, which persecuted thee. And thou shalt return and obey the voice of the LORD, and do all his commandments which I command thee this day. And the LORD thy God will make thee plenteous in every work of thine hand, in the fruit of thy body, and in the fruit of thy cattle, and in the fruit of thy land, for good: for the LORD will again rejoice over thee for good, as he rejoiced over thy fathers: If thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law, and if thou turn unto the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul. (Deu 30:1-10)

Despite the curses, God will restore them.

continusd...
50 A nation of fierce countenance, which shall not regard the person of the old, nor shew favour to the young:
51 And he shall eat the fruit of thy cattle, and the fruit of thy land, until thou be destroyed: which also shall not leave thee either corn, wine, or oil, or the increase of thy kine, or flocks of thy sheep, until he have destroyed thee.
52 And he shall besiege thee in all thy gates, until thy high and fenced walls come down, wherein thou trustedst, throughout all thy land: and he shall besiege thee in all thy gates throughout all thy land, which the Lord thy God hath given thee.
53 And thou shalt eat the fruit of thine own body, the flesh of thy sons and of thy daughters, which the Lord thy God hath given thee, in the siege, and in the straitness, wherewith thine enemies shall distress thee:
54 So that the man that is tender among you, and very delicate, his eye shall be evil toward his brother, and toward the wife of his bosom, and toward the remnant of his children which he shall leave:
55 So that he will not give to any of them of the flesh of his children whom he shall eat: because he hath nothing left him in the siege, and in the straitness, wherewith thine enemies shall distress thee in all thy gates.
56 The tender and delicate woman among you, which would not adventure to set the sole of her foot upon the ground for delicateness and tenderness, her eye shall be evil toward the husband of her bosom, and toward her son, and toward her daughter,
57 And toward her young one that cometh out from between her feet, and toward her children which she shall bear: for she shall eat them for want of all things secretly in the siege and straitness, wherewith thine enemy shall distress thee in thy gates.
58 If thou wilt not observe to do all the words of this law that are written in this book, that thou mayest fear this glorious and fearful name, The Lord Thy God;
59 Then the Lord will make thy plagues wonderful, and the plagues of thy seed, even great plagues, and of long continuance, and sore sicknesses, and of long continuance.
60 Moreover he will bring upon thee all the diseases of Egypt, which thou wast afraid of; and they shall cleave unto thee.
61 Also every sickness, and every plague, which is not written in the book of this law, them will the Lord bring upon thee, until thou be destroyed.
62 And ye shall be left few in number, whereas ye were as the stars of heaven for multitude; because thou wouldest not obey the voice of the Lord thy God.
63 And it shall come to pass, that as the Lord rejoiced over you to do you good, and to multiply you; so the Lord will rejoice over you to destroy you, and to bring you to nought; and ye shall be plucked from off the land whither thou goest to possess it.
64 And the Lord shall scatter thee among all people, from the one end of the earth even unto the other; and there thou shalt serve other gods, which neither thou nor thy fathers have known, even wood and stone.
65 And among these nations shalt thou find no ease, neither shall the sole of thy foot have rest: but the Lord shall give thee there a trembling heart, and failing of eyes, and sorrow of mind:
66 And thy life shall hang in doubt before thee; and thou shalt fear day and night, and shalt have none assurance of thy life:
67 In the morning thou shalt say, Would God it were even! and at even thou shalt say, Would God it were morning! for the fear of thine heart wherewith thou shalt fear, and for the sight of thine eyes which thou shalt see.
68 And the Lord shall bring thee into Egypt again with ships, by the way whereof I spake unto thee, Thou shalt see it no more again: and there ye shall be sold unto your enemies for bondmen and bondwomen, and no man shall buy you.

First of all, God did not call anyone to be a Christian. secondly, The Jews rejected the Messiah and God blinded them.
Rom 11:
6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

8 (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day.
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace; (Eph 1:3-7)

If you don't like leaving the Gospels, then what do you consider the the disciples called by Christ (God) to follow Him?

Yes, Jews rejected and reject to this day Christ as the Messiah, but Jews accepted and accept to this day Christ as Messiah.
Is being Jewish a religion, an ethnicity or a culture?
Notice there is no other group that question can be seriously asked about.

Most did, but it still does not change what God said.
No, it does not...He said he will blind them.
Case in point:
And it shall come to pass, when all these things are come upon thee, the blessing and the curse, which I have set before thee, and thou shalt call them to mind among all the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath driven thee, And shalt return unto the LORD thy God, and shalt obey his voice according to all that I command thee this day, thou and thy children, with all thine heart, and with all thy soul; That then the LORD thy God will turn thy captivity, and have compassion upon thee, and will return and gather thee from all the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath scattered thee. If any of thine be driven out unto the outmost parts of heaven, from thence will the LORD thy God gather thee, and from thence will he fetch thee: And the LORD thy God will bring thee into the land which thy fathers possessed, and thou shalt possess it; and he will do thee good, and multiply thee above thy fathers. And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live. And the LORD thy God will put all these curses upon thine enemies, and on them that hate thee, which persecuted thee. And thou shalt return and obey the voice of the LORD, and do all his commandments which I command thee this day. And the LORD thy God will make thee plenteous in every work of thine hand, in the fruit of thy body, and in the fruit of thy cattle, and in the fruit of thy land, for good: for the LORD will again rejoice over thee for good, as he rejoiced over thy fathers: If thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law, and if thou turn unto the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul. (Deu 30:1-10)
This is provided they obey all his commandments and turn to God. Is IF too small a word for you to see?
Despite the curses, God will restore them.
It does not say despite it says if they turn.

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace; (Eph 1:3-7)

If you don't like leaving the Gospels, then what do you consider the the disciples called by Christ (God) to follow Him?

Yes, Jews rejected and reject to this day Christ as the Messiah, but Jews accepted and accept to this day Christ as Messiah.

"Christ as Messiah"?? What is that supposed to mean?

"Christ" is simply a Greek based word for "Messiah" a Hebrew based word.

Not sure what you mean here but in all Israel Jesus had 12 disciples one was a Canaanite and one betrayed him. So from all of Israel he got 10 men. At Pentecost in the upper room, there were 120. This is not me saying things, these facts are in your bible.
Sir, a Jew is one who follows the Torah plain and simple. One cannot follow the Torah and Messiah at the same time.
Being Jewish is a religion. Jews follow the torah. A man cannot serve two masters. Jews do not relinquish their religion. If they did they would not be a Jew anymore.
And your point is? Being a Hindu is both a religion and a culture same as being a Muslim and a Jew. They have nothing to do with ethnicity.

God made true His choosing the Jewish people to teach the world what sin is and why we need forgiveness. He also chose the Jews to bring His Son into the world to make that forgiveness effective for Jew and Gentile alike. Since Jesus came into the world the Jews as God's chosen people must accept Jesus as their savior like all must accept Jesus as savior.
Yet for all of the blessing and cursing of the Jewish people we see in the Bible, it always ends in reconciliation. Yes, I think that reconciliation will be with Christ as the Messiah in the end, we see some of it (the worldly parts) in the nation of Israel. The doctrine of the remnant comes from the Old Testament, even though it is included in the New Testament.
You should use this apologetic with caution when evangelizing Jews. If they suspect that to free Christians of blame you are alleging that atheists are actually responsible for the Holocaust, they will see you as trivializing the Holocaust. Many Jews want the world to know the facts about the Holocaust so that it never happens again, so if you make claims about the Holocaust, then you better be ready to back up those claims. What atheist(s) caused the Holocaust, and how do you know?
Socialism, in this case the branch know as National Socialism (despite the fact that all socialists of all stripes kill Jews, Christians and any others who disagree with their deity), all consider the State to be the ultimate deity and arbiter of morality and truth.
Read history.
Many Jews have studied the New Testament, and they see much of it as anti-Jewish especially the Gospel of John. Characterizing Jews as having the Devil as their father and blaming them for Christ's execution can easily be seen as a call for their persecution. That's the way a lot of Jews see it, anyway. You'll need to have a good argument that the way Jews are portrayed in the New Testament is unlikely to have inspired hatred for them.
That particular verse was addressed to those who teach contrary to the Bible. Yes, the example was a certain class of Jews, the Pharisees, but then I have met and read about a great number of Pharisees and their teachings in the present day that call themselves Christians, but teach as the Jewish Pharisees did.
You lost me here. What points are you referring to? None of the items on the list in the OP could lead a Jew to becoming a Christian. On the contrary, I said those are the reasons why most Jews don't convert. For instance, what Jews would convert to Christianity because they think Jesus is not the Messiah?
The other five that were made. Pretty much if a follower of Judaism admits that any of them are incorrect, then it becomes obvious that Jesus was the Messiah in the end (there may be a couple of steps in there, but it all ends up the same).
If Jesus is the Messiah, then why aren't you a Christian?
If God inspired the New Testament, then why aren't you a Christian?
If the passages in the Old Testament prophecy Jesus, then why aren't you a Christian?
Ah, the one about the Pharisees is trickier and involves why what they (and the other Jewish groups) taught was not in line with the Old Testament. Them being good people and helping humanity isn't relevant there, because people can do that and not be Jewish or Christian and God doesn't set a standard of "being good people and helping humanity" for those who are Jewish or have heard the Gospel of Christ.
If the miracles of Christ prove He was sent by God, then why aren't you a Christian?
I suppose that would be a good start to defending Christianity. Just be ready to back up Jesus as the Messiah with good reasons to believe He was the Messiah.
Yep, you just have to give the reason for the faith that is within you. You never save anyone, God does that, but He also commands you to defend the faith and give that reason.

"Christ as Messiah"?? What is that supposed to mean?

"Christ" is simply a Greek based word for "Messiah" a Hebrew based word.
Actually Paul introduced the term Christ at Antioch, but before Paul entered his term for messiah, before him these were referred to as saints. Same meaning. Christ = Gods anointed by God to be His saint and walk as He walks in His same light with the same signs following.

Adam was the first to be anointed of God when Gods Spirit, messiah, came to him and opened to him the same as He did in Jesus in Matt 3:16, where Adam became like God to know this difference, Gen 3:22, just as it all was opened to Jesus the same in Matt 3:16.

You can read how these became saints, Christs, Gods anointed ones. Not very man can relate to the same as these receieved from God His same disposition. Abraham did, Moses did, 120 did and so do all today who has received from God to be His saints, anointed of Him, Christ in you just as He was in Jesus.

Not sure what you mean here but in all Israel Jesus had 12 disciples one was a Canaanite and one betrayed him. So from all of Israel he got 10 men. At Pentecost in the upper room, there were 120. This is not me saying things, these facts are in your bible.
This was in response to a comment that God didn't call anyone to be Christian.
Sir, a Jew is one who follows the Torah plain and simple. One cannot follow the Torah and Messiah at the same time.
Which is the point of my post
Being Jewish is a religion. Jews follow the torah. A man cannot serve two masters. Jews do not relinquish their religion. If they did they would not be a Jew anymore.
Actually, they qualify as all three since you can be a Jew by faith, a Jew by birth and a Jew by culture. I've known people who fit in each of those definitions and usually more than one. I happened to know a gentleman now passed who was a teacher at the local Jewish synagogue, he enjoyed educating my Gentile Christian arse on points that bothered me about Judaism and Christianity as well as readings from the Old Testament I had troubles with.
And your point is? Being a Hindu is both a religion and a culture same as being a Muslim and a Jew. They have nothing to do with ethnicity.
Whereas the majority of Jews have distinct DNA patterns just like other people groups. Yes, people can convert into Judaism from different ethnicities and people born Jewish can (from a religious and cultural perspective) leave Judaism. OTOH, both Muslims and Hindus, while possibly predominately certain ethnic groups, also include a diversity of ethnic groups.

Back