Defending Gay Christianity

You don't understand scripture. You utilize eisegesis instead of actual exegesis. You are being willfully ignorant of what God has consistently said. He has not misled us. You and those who adhere to your positions to mislead. No surprise.
Even the 'serpent' knew scripture. D5 is not doing a very good job as the 'serpent's' (messenger - his/her word post 158) so far, but is sure trying!

Science has proven that an ancient source of energy from before the big bang energizes all planets and life in our cosmos.

Um, wrong.

Science does not, and cannot, "prove" anything.
All it does is provide explanations for why things happen, to the best of our understanding.
But "science" is ALWAYS subject to review and revision by additional data.

Example: geocentrism;
Example: atoms being "indivisible";
Example: protons, neutrons, elections being "indivisible";
Example: unborn baby developing from a "homunculus";

-- Theo1689, B.Sc., B.Sc., B.Ed.

If you don't believe me, check other sources, either here, or on your own:

"Misconception: Science proves ideas. Misconception: Science can only disprove ideas. Correction: Science neither proves nor disproves. It accepts or rejects ideas based on supporting and refuting evidence, but may revise those conclusions if warranted by new evidence or perspectives."
-- UC Berkeley

"One of the most popular misconceptions about science is the notion of “scientific proof.” Although it may seem paradoxical, there is no such thing as “proof” in science, only scientific evidence."
-- haverford.edu

"Why we should never use the word “proven” within a scientific context. Proven means that it is absolute. There is absolutely no chance that there is an alternative explanation. There are plenty of examples where people were convinced they had proven something, only to discover later that they were wrong."​
-- mysciencesport

Reactions: Mik
@organgrinder

E.S. Drower wrote of the Nasaraean scriptures the following,
“The wealth of symbolic phrases, of symbolic words, of symbolic acts of personification, and the use of the ‘ear that hears and the eyes that see’ make Nasirutha, even in its most extravagant expressions, the poetry of religion.” (Drower, “The Secret Adam”, pg 87)​
And one of those metaphors used as a symbolic act for heavenly things, eg., “invisible” spirits, is human sexuality. Your inability to appreciate the metaphor pertaining to the heavenly marriage (Ephesians 5:31) has led you into error, into prejudice, and into an unjustified bias. Where Paul is using a common, widely known metaphor of human sexuality, among Nasaraeans pertaining to cosmogony, you take as a literal thing.

The metaphor explained.
The human male seed is depositied into, inside, within the human female womb to create life
JUST AS,
the moral intellect, (aka, “christ” anointing, holy spirit, “spirit of Yeshua”) is depositied into the soul/body to form a “new creation”, begat a child of God, to make one “born-again”

Therefore, in Paul’s mind, in historical context, in the poetry of Nasaraean religion, rebel spirits in heaven abandoned their male nature, descended to create a material world, and pursued the pleasure of body alone. They pursued female to female nature alone leaving the male nature alone with the male. IOW, they broke the syzygy, the harmony, the unity of the heavenly marriage. Hence the chains of matter bind them in human and animal flesh, in plants and trees, in rocks and soil, …into all matter of the cosmos! Consequently, we experience suffering and death in our world.

It is against matter that God’s wrath is directed, against all human flesh, for matter is separated from the Most High God by rebellious spirits or angels. This <<< is the historical context that you lack. I perceive it because I read a lot of history, archaeology, biblical scholarship that you will never read. Which is why I say you and your colleagues live in a bubble, because you have closed your minds to historical truth. The darkness descended upon the minds of men when the catholic church came to power and suppressed the historical truth. In some ways, you are one of its victims.

Anyways, I wish you the best. Truly.

You need a better class of drugs, I think. I could care less about so-called "Nasaraean scriptures" and what you THINK was in Paul's mind. We have God's written word and that settles it. Enjoy your non-biblical life.

Reactions: Mik
Um, wrong.

Science does not, and cannot, "prove" anything.
All it does is provide explanations for why things happen, to the best of our understanding.
But "science" is ALWAYS subject to review and revision by additional data.

Example: geocentrism;
Example: atoms being "indivisible";
Example: protons, neutrons, elections being "indivisible";
Example: unborn baby developing from a "homunculus";

-- Theo1689, B.Sc., B.Sc., B.Ed.

If you don't believe me, check other sources, either here, or on your own:

"Misconception: Science proves ideas. Misconception: Science can only disprove ideas. Correction: Science neither proves nor disproves. It accepts or rejects ideas based on supporting and refuting evidence, but may revise those conclusions if warranted by new evidence or perspectives."
-- UC Berkeley

"One of the most popular misconceptions about science is the notion of “scientific proof.” Although it may seem paradoxical, there is no such thing as “proof” in science, only scientific evidence."
-- haverford.edu

"Why we should never use the word “proven” within a scientific context. Proven means that it is absolute. There is absolutely no chance that there is an alternative explanation. There are plenty of examples where people were convinced they had proven something, only to discover later that they were wrong."​
-- mysciencesport
Bible literalists make that argument because they want to hold out possibility for the supernatural. Whereas, scientists know that “proof” means repeatable, verifiable, statistically significant evidence for something. So when I, as a scientist, say that evolutionary theory, for example, is proven to be the best explanation for biological diversity on earth, then no scientist would disagree with my statement. Only bible literalists like you try to confuse people. But the only people you mislead are other bible literalists hoping for the possibility of a supernatural explanation.

To use more simple terms that you might understand: If I tell you that jumping off a tall building has been proven to be fatal, would you post your nonsense in response? No, you would not.

You need a better class of drugs, I think. I could care less about so-called "Nasaraean scriptures" and what you THINK was in Paul's mind. We have God's written word and that settles it. Enjoy your non-biblical life.
Well. he/she is responding as most unbelievers would. The heart is not open to God's Truth.

Back