Defining "good" in John 5:29 according to Mormonism

The cognitive dissonance is in Mormon doctrine and believing it, or trying to rationalize it, as opposed to believing what God told us in His Word.
Said as an atheist would say to anyone who believes in God.

Fortunately, all I have to do is witness, and let others decide for themselves:

"...man should not counsel his fellow man, neither trust in the arm of flesh—
But that every man might speak in the name of God the Lord, even the Savior of the world;" (D&C 1:19-20)

AoF #11 We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may.

"But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him." - Acts 10:35

I do personally believe in Eternal Progression. Yet, I haven't communicated that recently.
So then, back to my original question, where does it say that mankind can progress after the judgement according to LDS theology. I'm open Aaron just show me so I can take a look at it.

So then, back to my original question, where does it say that mankind can progress after the judgement according to LDS theology. I'm open Aaron just show me so I can take a look at it.
There's nothing specifically that says progression is possible, it's really my own personal beliefs.
If mortality is the telestial kingdom, and we die, get judged, fail the test, pass through the veil, sent back to the telestial kingdom, then I imagine it will be like it is now. Torment isn't eternal "Endless punishment is God's punishment." (D&C 19)
The Celestial ministers to the Terrestrial, the Terrestrial ministers to the Telestial. Judgment occurs, and it's one eternal round.
This is all my own personal belief, spoken by no general authority anywhere.
This isn't the Aaron32-ism forum, so it's not really appropriate for this board.

There's nothing specifically that says progression is possible, it's really my own personal beliefs.
If mortality is the telestial kingdom, and we die, get judged, fail the test, pass through the veil, sent back to the telestial kingdom, then I imagine it will be like it is now. Torment isn't eternal "Endless punishment is God's punishment." (D&C 19)
The Celestial ministers to the Terrestrial, the Terrestrial ministers to the Telestial. Judgment occurs, and it's one eternal round.
This is all my own personal belief, spoken by no general authority anywhere.
This isn't the Aaron32-ism forum, so it's not really appropriate for this board.
So, then we can both agree the LDS church teaches that there is no increase after the judgment.

Said as an atheist would say to anyone who believes in God.
Pretty pitiful comparing me to an atheist.

Fortunately, all I have to do is witness, and let others decide for themselves:

"...man should not counsel his fellow man, neither trust in the arm of flesh—
But that every man might speak in the name of God the Lord, even the Savior of the world;" (D&C 1:19-20)
Fortunately, I am aware that the D&C didn’t come from God. I realize that you pretend to follow its counsel sometimes. But I don’t have to.

AoF #11 We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may.
Well that is, of course, a lie. You send missionaries to every door in the world to try to talk people out of believing how they want to.

"But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him." - Acts 10:35
Then why do they need mormonism?

Where do they teach it informally?
I already told you. If you connect the dots.
And how does one know to reject the formal teaching?
I never said reject formal teaching. We are to stay close to the Living Prophet and Apostles. Yet, just because those with spiritual knowledge don't teach all the mysteries over the pulpit doesn't mean we can't ask, seek, and knock to find out for ourselves.

D&C Institute Student Manual:
D&C 6:7, 11. The Mysteries of God—Should One Seek to Know Them?
“A mystery is a truth that cannot be known except through divine revelation—a sacred secret” (Smith and Sjodahl, Commentary, p. 141; see also D&C 42:61, 65; 76:5–10; 89:18–19; 1 Nephi 10:19; Alma 12:9–11).

President Joseph Fielding Smith defined mysteries in a similar way: “The Lord has promised to reveal his mysteries to those who serve him in faithfulness. … There are no mysteries pertaining to the Gospel, only as we, in our weakness, fail to comprehend Gospel truth. … The ‘simple’ principles of the Gospel, such as baptism, the atonement, are mysteries to those who do not have the guidance of the Spirit of the Lord.” (Church History and Modern Revelation, 1:43.)

A common expression heard in the Church is that we should stay away from the “mysteries,” yet these verses speak of the mysteries in a very positive sense, promising them to the righteous who seek after them. Elder Bruce R. McConkie explained the seeming contradiction:

“There is also a restricted and limited usage of the expression mysteries; it is more of a colloquial than a scriptural usage, and it has reference to that body of teachings in the speculative field, those things which the Lord has not revealed in plainness in this day. It is to these things that reference is made when the elders are counseled to leave the mysteries alone."

“‘Oh, ye elders of Israel, hearken to my voice,’ the Prophet said, ‘and when you are sent into the world to preach, tell those things you are sent to tell; preach and cry aloud, “Repent ye, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand; repent and believe the gospel.” Declare the first principles, and let mysteries alone, lest ye be overthrown. Never meddle with the visions of beasts and subjects you do not understand.’ (Teachings, p. 292.)” (Mormon Doctrine, p. 524.)

Pretty pitiful comparing me to an atheist.
It's pitiful that I should have to.

Fortunately, I am aware that the D&C didn’t come from God. I realize that you pretend to follow its counsel sometimes. But I don’t have to.
I trust God will lead you, as God leads me.
Romans 14:
1 Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations. 2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs. 3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.

Well that is, of course, a lie. You send missionaries to every door in the world to try to talk people out of believing how they want to.
You believe missionaries are seeking to persuade people in opposition to their own conscience? Oh my!

Then why do they need mormonism?
If you fear God and work righteousness, then why would you reject the restored gospel if not for the craftiness of men?

I never said reject formal teaching. We are to stay close to the Living Prophet and Apostles. Yet, just because those with spiritual knowledge don't teach all the mysteries over the pulpit doesn't mean we can't ask, seek, and knock to find out for ourselves.
So, then you accept the teaching that there is no increase after the judgment, but choose to believe otherwise? And that those with Spiritual Knowledge, can teach opposite of what is the truth? Aaron I am trying to make sense of what you are saying here.

We are to stay close to the Living Prophet and Apostles

Kinda of like what Vito Corleone said..."Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer!" lol sorry but I couldn't resist, I know you did not mean it that way.

A mystery is something not known or figured out; however, LDS doctrine is pretty much settled today, there is a final judgment and after that judgment folks are assigned an estate for eternity. The only arguments otherwise that I would say aren't settled today, is whether or not outer darkness is eternal.

If you fear God and work righteousness, then why would you reject the restored gospel if not for the craftiness of men?
On a side note...the brethren have changed their tone on this of late and are stating the restoration was not complete and the church is still in need of further restoration and is "on going." Which is not what us Boomers were taught.

It's pitiful that I should have to.
You didn’t have to. You chose to.

I trust God will lead you, as God leads me.
Romans 14:
1 Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations. 2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs. 3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.
He lead me out of mormonism and false prophets and false doctrine.

You believe missionaries are seeking to persuade people in opposition to their own conscience? Oh my!
Did you go on a Mormon mission, Aaron? If so, you also tried to persuade people to change their minds/consciences. It’s what missionaries are there to do. It’s also what you’re trying to do here, whether you admit it or not.

Because it isn’t His gospel. It’s a different gospel made up by crafty men who call themselves prophets. It doesn’t match what He gave us. And that’s the key. He warned us about men who would do that.

So, then you accept the teaching that there is no increase after the judgment, but choose to believe otherwise? And that those with Spiritual Knowledge, can teach opposite of what is the truth? Aaron I am trying to make sense of what you are saying here.
I'm not sure how you derived that from my statements. To rephrase, the Church hasn't taken a stance on the topic. Clearly, different positions have been taken on the topic by previous leaders: https://www.fairlatterdaysaints.org...ogression_between_the_three_degrees_of_glory?
A mystery is something not known or figured out; however, LDS doctrine is pretty much settled today, there is a final judgment and after that judgment folks are assigned an estate for eternity. The only arguments otherwise that I would say aren't settled today, is whether or not outer darkness is eternal.
The link above would refute your belief on how "settled" it is. If the Church did unspokenly agree with my beliefs I think they'd be concerned with people (youth especially) procrastinating their repentance, this giving the motive to withhold the teaching.

On a side note...the brethren have changed their tone on this of late and are stating the restoration was not complete and the church is still in need of further restoration and is "on going." Which is not what us Boomers were taught.
If that's true, how do you explain the 9th Article of Faith?

Did you go on a Mormon mission, Aaron? If so, you also tried to persuade people to change their minds/consciences. It’s what missionaries are there to do. It’s also what you’re trying to do here, whether you admit it or not.
I did so by recognizing the fruits of the Spirit. I never tried to get someone to act against their conscience.
Because it isn’t His gospel. It’s a different gospel made up by crafty men who call themselves prophets. It doesn’t match what He gave us. And that’s the key. He warned us about men who would do that.
As I've asked multiple times, what great sin are Mormons guilty of that are anti-biblical?

I did so by recognizing the fruits of the Spirit. I never tried to get someone to act against their conscience.
You tried to change their beliefs.

As I've asked multiple times, what great sin are Mormons guilty of that are anti-biblical?
Who said anything about sin? We’re talking about false doctrines and false prophets. A different gospel than what Christ gave us. You know He warned us about those things.

I'm not sure how you derived that from my statements. To rephrase, the Church hasn't taken a stance on the topic. Clearly, different positions have been taken on the topic by previous leaders: https://www.fairlatterdaysaints.org...ogression_between_the_three_degrees_of_glory?
??? ... So, reading fair, they seem to believe that the words of men take precedence over the D&C and Alama. So, in your opinion, with out realizing the what you are implying, there really is not a need to follow the commandments here on earth, or even believe in Christ, because one can just get their act together later and progress to Godhood.

Also, IYO, there is not a final judgement, judgement in temporal and not really binding. And in the end, unless one is a complete moron, they can progress and become a God, just like HF?

Aaron, think this through.

The link above would refute your belief on how "settled" it is. If the Church did unspokenly agree with my beliefs I think they'd be concerned with people (youth especially) procrastinating their repentance, this giving the motive to withhold the teaching.
Okay, then it is not settled. There is no final judgment, no final estate, and in the end everyone, including Hitler can progress to Godhood. Is this a fair statement?

Back