Despite having faith in Christ

Theo1689

The statement was made by Paul McCain in explaining our confessions and starting points versus.... well others.

It's misleading no matter who said it.
Why would you repeat it (1) plagiarizing, without giving proper citation, and (2) without checking the accuracy of it?

Nic

It's misleading no matter who said it.
Why would you repeat it (1) plagiarizing, without giving proper citation, and (2) without checking the accuracy of it?
Most of my answers are from recall. It was intended as a "well-known" paraphrase. I don't find it misleading. It dovetails nicely with the often cited view that Luther sought to reform and not leave the church.
When I or you decide to post as a RC then I will put a bit more substance into your concerns. But here, we are on "the same team."

balshan

Yet it was established to participate in this forum, one must be either one or the other. Nuf said.
No it wasn't. Nuf said. The first rule on the RCC forum states:

The Catholic board is for non-Catholics to debate Catholics about Catholic beliefs

No mention of protestants.

balshan

You are free to hold your opinion.

I certainly agree.
But without the true gospel, it can't be truly Christian.

I dislike statements like this, as most Christians in history had beliefs which evolved over time. At the beginning of Luther's involvement in the church, he believed that the church had minor errors which should be corroded within. However, as he realized the depths of the RCC's errors, and that is his position was far closer to Hus' than he originally wanted to believe, I don't believe his "acceptance" of the church could be said to have continued.
Yep even scripture tells us we go from milk to meat.

Nic

No it wasn't. Nuf said. The first rule on the RCC forum states:

The Catholic board is for non-Catholics to debate Catholics about Catholic beliefs

No mention of protestants.
Beloved recently posted with more detail, perhaps she is unaware? She was addressing poster shnarkle as memory serves. She had mentioned he was a Protestant for not being a Catholic or perhaps a COC. Then later wondered if he was an atheist.

Last edited:

dingoling.

Scripture does state that Jesus is the sinless mediator and advocate, but makes no such statements for any other.

2Cor 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
Heb 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
1Pet 2:22 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:
1John 3:5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
1Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
1John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

It's not about what RCC or Protestants think or understand; it's about what scripture states.
It's not about what RCC or Protestants think or understand; it's about what scripture states.

Really? How did that work for the early Christian's who had just the OT scriptures. What scriptures told the early Christians that Jesus is the sinless mediator and advocate?

PeanutGallery

Really? How did that work for the early Christian's who had just the OT scriptures. What scriptures told the early Christians that Jesus is the sinless mediator and advocate?
1John 3:5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
1Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
1John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

Which scriptures told early Christians that Mary was the other 'sinless mediator and advocate'?

dingoling.

Which scriptures told early Christians that Mary was the other 'sinless mediator and advocate'?
You are quoting the NT writings. The early church didn't have them yet.

balshan

The early church had other scriptures not long after it was established. Some have it as early as the late 40s Ad but all have it before the fall of Jerusalem and temple destruction. That was 70 AD. If we say Jesus died say 33 AD. then they had the start of new testament writings not long after the way was established.

balshan

The letters hadn't been written yet.
Really they had the apostles and the letters started very early, only about 17 years after the death of Jesus. The apostles wrote what they said. They did not contradict what they said and wrote. They were not hypocrites. They could also test the words of the apostles against the OT as well. Thank goodness they did not have your institution and its false claims, false teachings and add ons. That happened centuries later.