Despite having faith in Christ

balshan

If you mean attending church services in person, I'll do that when my present duty allows me too.
No rejoin, go back to where your heart is. What is stopping you? Nothing at all. If you are staying Lutheran because of duty, it is a poor excuse. So you are now back as an RC. Sometimes the hold they have, is too hard to break.

balshan

I was attempting to show you how anyone claim anything, just as evidentiary as yours.
No I had already provided the evidence. I provided scriptures. You chose to ignore the evidence and scripture. That is your choice.

Nic

With regard to the gospel there are no in-betweens. You either teach it, or you do not. If you do not teach the Gospel perfectly, you do not teach it at all.
I contend most churches teach it to some degree, some better than others. I think reformation churches are closer than the rest of what we call evangelical churches these days. I believe Rome teaches it but like others she clutters it up quite well, better than most.
Your words from my perspective than would exclude you, because as a Lutheran you have some things wrong. Do you see a problem here with your view?

Nic

Hmm I posted scriptures and you object. No surprise.
Yeah scripture says I'm a rapist... right. If pushed comes to shove I'd be willing to bet every Christian has at one time or another deliberately sinned. What's interesting is deliberately sinning is the only way Catholic define sinful acts. A sin of the will, sin for them must be willful or it doesn't count

Last edited:

Johan

I contend most churches teach it to some degree, some better than others. I think reformation churches are closer than the rest of what we call evangelical churches these days. I believe Rome teaches it but like others she clutters it up quite well, better than most.
"Closer than the rest"? That makes as much sense to me as words like half-truth and half-dead. A less than perfect circle is no circle at all. A less than perfect gospel is no gospel at all. Remove one jot or tittle from the Gospel, and you end up with spiritual falsehood rather than a "slightly worse" gospel.

I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel—which is really no gospel at all. (Gal. 1:6–7)

Last edited:

balshan

Yeah scripture says I'm a rapist... right. If pushed comes to shove I'd be willing to bet every Christian has at one time or another deliberately sinned.
I never said that, you are twisting my post. Your response to what the RCC has done is, I am a sinner. Which is just another way of saying all they did was okay. I said DO YOU DO. You are the one who responded in the positive. I did not believe that you meant it, I posted scripture that supports what continuing to deliberatly sin means. You can bet but you would not win.

mica

I just see Catholicism as a valid Christian church. Plain and simple. Not everything RC was evil. Some reformers seemed to advocate for rethinking church entirely. Luther accepted the church even as it was as a gift from the holy spirit.
it isn't.

a lot of non Christians have many good qualities. many Mormon do. not being totally evil doesn't make one a Christian.

Nic

"Closer than the rest"? That makes as much sense to me as words like half-truth and half-dead. A less than perfect circle is no circle at all. A less than perfect gospel is no gospel at all. Remove one jot or tittle from the Gospel, and you end up with spiritual falsehood rather than a "slightly worse" gospel.

I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel—which is really no gospel at all. (Gal. 1:6–7)
Call me ac realist, I'm not deserting anything, we are surely miscommunicating. Want Paul chief among sinners in his eyes? Give me a break.

romishpopishorganist

Look in the mirror and point at yourselves as well. If one of your children or grandchildren had been victimized by your religion's perverted clergy, perhaps you would have had a different point of view on this subject.

Bringing up the scandals of your false religion is perfectly acceptable because it goes to prove the point that your religion and its leaders are not what they claim to be. Like it or not we will not stop reminding you about it.
All institutions have perverted people and those who cover it up.

Reactions: Nic

Nic

it isn't.

a lot of non Christians have many good qualities. many Mormon do. not being totally evil doesn't make one a Christian.
All Lutheran bodies I'm familiar with confess the same. There may be some in his dispute on whether or not the office alone or the man sitting as pope is the antichrist. In fact the antichrist office holder could indeed be a Christian.

What's your point I heard a Muslim sermon once that sounded exactly like what you'd hear in an fundamentalist church.

mica

Your words from my perspective than would exclude you, because as a Lutheran you have some things wrong. Do you see a problem here with your view?
Christians don't 'clutter it up'. In a Christian church (group) it's the main teaching, often and continuously. It's priority. Most catholics don't know what the gospel is. over my years here only 2.5 catholic posters here have been able to post it.

mica

All Lutheran bodies I'm familiar with confess the same. There may be some in his dispute on whether or not the office alone or the man sitting as pope is the antichrist. In fact the antichrist office holder could indeed be a Christian.

What's your point I heard a Muslim sermon once that sounded exactly like what you'd hear in an fundamentalist church.
do you mean a group that recited lines of prewritten / printed words listing what they claimed to believe?

that Muslim teacher taught Christ crucified and risen? Christ as Lord and Savior?

Nic

Christians don't 'clutter it up'. In a Christian church (group) it's the main teaching, often and continuously. It's priority. Most catholics don't know what the gospel is. over my years here only 2.5 catholic posters here have been able to post it.
I know plenty that do. And they aren't Catholic, although Catholicism cornered the market there imo.

Nic

do you mean a group that recited lines of prewritten / printed words listing what they claimed to believe?

that Muslim teacher taught Christ crucified and risen? Christ as Lord and Savior?
No it was a good works sermon devoid of Christ

Nic

Look in the mirror and point at yourselves as well. If one of your children or grandchildren had been victimized by your religion's perverted clergy, perhaps you would have had a different point of view on this subject.

Bringing up the scandals of your false religion is perfectly acceptable because it goes to prove the point that your religion and its leaders are not what they claim to be. Like it or not we will not stop reminding you about it.
And perverts and scandals under any flag are wrong. I don't think a Catholic or anyone would disagree with this.

mica

by Nic - What's your point I heard a Muslim sermon once that sounded exactly like what you'd hear in an fundamentalist church.
mica said:

you didn't answer my 1st question.

what's your definition of a 'fundamentalist church' ?

it doesn't sound like you heard that in a Christian church (one that believes in and teaches scripture), unless the teaching was against 'good works' devoid of Christ.