Despite having faith in Christ

Nic

OH I well and truly answered. There are contexts for the verse you quoted. I am not demanding you explain it. I gave you a handful of verses different context, different books, different chapters all saying the same thing DO NOT MIX WITH THEM.
The goal behind sending fellow Christians away is repentance.

balshan

The goal behind sending fellow Christians away is repentance.
Hmm well that isn't happening is it? Their sin was known, other leaders still ate with them and they were given more victims. This is not following Paul's requirements for leaders. They were moved from parish to parish, did they repent. The fruit would say no, they just abused in these other parishes. They were given fresh victims. If the institution was founded by Jesus, the empathy would be for the children.

True repentance is not known in the RCC.

Nic

Hmm well that isn't happening is it? Their sin was known, other leaders still ate with them and they were given more victims. This is not following Paul's requirements for leaders. They were moved from parish to parish, did they repent. The fruit would say no, they just abused in these other parishes. They were given fresh victims. If the institution was founded by Jesus, the empathy would be for the children.

True repentance is not known in the RCC.
You continue to provide examples, goody goody. But have no revelance on success of sending people away so that the law may crush them so that they may be restored. And yes that would include restoration to the Catholic faith as much as any troubled one in your own backyard.

balshan

You continue to provide examples, goody goody. But have no revelance on success of sending people away so that the law may crush them so that they may be restored. And yes that would include restoration to the Catholic faith as much as any troubled one in your own backyard.
You provide no evidence of priests being allowed to maintain their positions and being given more victims moving them to repentance. Of course no one could find that happening in the RC because they do not send their priests away. Of course if they had been a girl who had an abortion boy would they be kicked to the curb. Double standards.

balshan

You provide no evidence of priests being allowed to maintain their positions and being given more victims moving them to repentance. Of course no one could find that happening in the RC because they do not send their priests away. Of course if they had been a girl who had an abortion boy would they be kicked to the curb. Double standards.
By the way the RCC do not understand true repentance.

balshan

What part of church history's understanding comes across as non-Christian to you? Bizarre.
The fact that they do not understand repentance for a start. Penance is not true repentance. I find the fact that you do not understand that telling.

romishpopishorganist

yes, they're everywhere, but we aren't talking here about 'all institutions' that exist in this world.
Yes; and the Catholic Church is the Church of Christ, but it also exists in this world. Because it exists in this world and because this world is fallen and sinful, we should not be surprised to see-----sin and thus corruption in the Church that exists in this world.

romishpopishorganist

How many Godly thrones are there?
Does Mary have her own throne?
How many "Godly" thrones are there? Well God is a Trinity of persons. Does that mean each person has their own throne? I don't know. Let me say this then, there is one "Godly" throne as there is only one God and as God is one. How that works in a Godhead that is a Trinity I do not know---but I think it is safe to say that there is one Godly throne even if all three persons have their own throne because God is one.

Mary--and by extension the Church rules along side Christ as his queen. Mary and by extension the Church is Queen of heaven because the Church is the Bride of Christ. All kingdoms have queens.