Deuteronomy 7:6-8 - A Chosen People

eternomade

1. The Lord chose(v 6)
2. This choice was unconditional(v 7)
3. This choice was out of love(v 7-8)

Was this choice unfair to other nations? I say no.

6 “For you are a people holy to the Lord your God. The Lord your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession, out of all the peoples who are on the face of the earth. 7 It was not because you were more in number than any other people that the Lord set his love on you and chose you, for you were the fewest of all peoples, 8 but it is because the Lord loves you and is keeping the oath that he swore to your fathers, that the Lord has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt.

Carbon

1. The Lord chose(v 6)
2. This choice was unconditional(v 7)
3. This choice was out of love(v 7-8)
Amen!
Was this choice unfair to other nations? I say no.
Of course not.
All those who are not chosen are not being treated unfairly, they will get what they deserve, justice.
Those who are chosen are receiving grace. Unmerited, because of God’s choice and good pleasure.

Carbon

It is good thing we have other Scriptures to help us understand what other Scriptures mean.....
Indeed!
Joh 6:70 Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?
What, Judas wasn’t chosen for his purpose?
Jud 1:5 I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.
So what’s your point? God can’t separate those who are His from the reprobate?

eternomade

I agree but why did God love them above those He rejected?
I believe its unconditional. God does things because He wants to(Psalm 135). His pleasure in this chapter seems to be out of love.
I believe a distinction should be made between different a relationship type of love and "one sided" love. Have you ever loved someone that didn't love you back?
Yes defintely. I have loved without love back and vise versa. God says that the way we love Him is by obeying His commandments. Thererfore, I havent shown God love. Jesus did though, because He obeyed all of Gods commandments.

Carbon

PY said, Jesus said that He had chosen Judas. I believe Jesus. I don't have to believe you.

Jesus said they were all chosen. Why are you separating them based upon the choice of Christ?

lol. Pay attention please.
I didn’t say Judas wasn’t chosen. Go back and re-read my post.

And then you will believe me toooooo.
Because I agree with Jesus.
we can both agree together. 😎

Carbon

So why did you treat then different. You said that THEY WILL GET WHAT THEY DESERVE.....
Because they will get what they deserve.
The chosen don’t, they get grace and mercy.

That was your answer to whether God was being unfair to other nations. Don't forget the context of your comments and start trying to move that goalpost.
Oh try hard to pay attention and follow. It will do you good

Carbon

I quoted what you said. I know what you said. You're moving the goalpost in your comments
Here my friend, here is what I said…

“What, Judas wasn’t chosen for his purpose?”

do you understand? Obviously not.

Jesus knew who he was from the get go. The son of perdition. Yet, He chose him. Why?

Was Judas chosen to fulfill his purpose? Yes or no?

Or, did he have Jesus fooled?

Carbon

So you're special in the fact you understand grace and I do not?

So. You deserve grace because you understand grace? Is that what you're saying?
Ever read the verse about putting away childish things?

Are you ready? We could have a good discussion ya know.

ReverendRV

Lets break what you're claiming apart.

1. You claim you deserve hell like everyone else or is that all of a certain group? or is all of mankind?
2. Somehow you received grace while these same people get what they deserve.

You've created a contradiction that you must reconcile.
God created the Contradiction first then...

Do you really have a problem with the Unmerited Favor God has for his People??