Deuteronomy 7:6-8 - A Chosen People

eternomade

If you start saying that God's choice is in YOU. YOU are creating a situation wherein you merit grace.
I never said this. My OP said God made the choice. The choice in Christ is not because I believed and no one is saying that...at least not Calvinists.

Do you believe God has chosen His sheep in the Beloved?

to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved.

ReverendRV

I never said this. My OP said God made the choice. The choice in Christ is not because I believed and no one is saying that...at least not Calvinists.

to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved.
His objection is falling in to the category of the 5-Solas now...

ReverendRV

Back at work, and have use of the Computer; had an opportunity to start editing my Gospel Tracts again. I was lifted up by this one; hope you like it...

Keep the Spoils ~ by ReverendRV

Isaiah 53:12 KJV; Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

The Book of Isaiah is the most quoted Old Testament book in the New Testament, especially by Jesus Christ. Can you imagine what it was like for him to read Isaiah and see the story of his Life? No wonder when it came time for him to die, he shed tears of blood because of the agony he felt, while brooding over the Torment to come. No wonder he said all those curious things people wonder about; like “You don't believe because you are not my sheep.” Isaiah believed that God would give Jesus many sheep as his portion, and they would be the heartiest breed as his Spoil, because he won the Victory for God. A ‘Portion’ is often defined as an inheritance, a part, a payment; or a reward. ‘Spoil’ is defined as the Goods that remain after a battle which are for the taking. God gave Jesus a Portion as his Reward, but as the Victor; he got to choose the mighty to be his Spoil. ~ He gained an exceedingly great Reward…

Jacob lived with his father in-law and tended his flock. He was ready to move on but wanted a Portion of the flock. They made a deal that Jacob would get the speckled, spotted and dark colored livestock. Jacob continued to tend both flocks and by Faith, when the flocks mated they bore strong and spotted Young; Jacob acquired a great portion as his spoil. ~ Are you a decent person? Then you are like a white lamb. Have you ever Lied? What do you call someone who would Lie to you? Your wool is streaked. Have you ever stolen anything? What do you call people that steal? Ooops; you’re not streaked, you’re speckled. Have you ever looked at someone and Lusted for them? Jesus said that Lust is Adultery of the heart. Oh, my eyes are playing tricks on me; you’re spotted all over. Have you ever Hated anybody? Jesus said this is Murder from your Heart. These are only four of the Ten Commandments and it’s clear that you’re a black sheep! If Jesus judged you by his Standard, would you be innocent or guilty? Would you go to Hell?

Does this bother you? There IS a way of escape; what you need is to become Mighty! ~ For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, so that whoever believes on him shall not perish but have Everlasting Life. Only a spotless lamb could be used for a Sacrifice; Jesus never Sinned and was called the Lamb that takes away the Sin of the world. He submitted Himself to death, and was counted as a Sinner to bear our punishment. Jesus Christ was nailed to a Cross and bore the Sins of Many; IE his Portion and Spoils. His blood Propitiates our Sins and his resurrection from the grave Expiates our Guilt. We’re Saved by the Grace of God through Faith in the Risen Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, without Works so we can be made Mighty through Faith Alone. Repent of your Sins, Confess Jesus as Lord and join your local Church. ~ Jesus conquered Death and the Grave. He shares his Spoils with us; all that he has is yours! ~ Amen…

Deuteronomy 32:9 KJV; For the LORD'S portion is his people; Jacob is the lot of his inheritance.

ReverendRV

I never thought otherwise. Do you know how many Calvinists have said something like this to me?

Over and over again. When you get into the details, you have no choice. Your beliefs create this.

Do you know what the definition of "Pride" is? It is "Self worth". You have just said that you find self worth in "grace"......

God knows I wish the pride of men would find its way out of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
The reason is because the Bible says we're Saved by the Grace of God; which IS his Unmerited Favor for his People...

eternomade

@praise_yeshua

Do you believe that those found in Christ is a past event, current event, future event, or all 3?

Did God choose certain people to place in Christ? Sometimes I feel like we talk past each other.

I thouight this passage relates to the curent discussion.

Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ 9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith—

ReverendRV

The problems is how you establish and teach the Grace of God. You find self merit in grace. You said so yourself. Did you forget what you said?
By definition, it's impossible to find self merit in Grace. By definition, God has Selected me unto Election by Unmerited Favor for me...

ReverendRV

No. It is not. Your theology is one of self promote. You find self worth in what you CLAIM God has shown toward you. That is your claim. This is contrary to reality. Your false narrative has created a false sense of pride in you.

You appeal the what is real is bogus because it does not match what God has established. You can TRY to attribute your result to God all you want. How you've establish the position is self promoting. You've admitted yourself already.

Selfish grace is what you've established. You reserved such for yourself yet denied it to your fellow man.
Nah, Grace by definition cannot be selfish, self serving or self seeking on our part. Grace is the Unmerited Favor of God; Praise him, praise him!

ReverendRV

You're relying upon a definition that you're circumventing in how you're trying to establish it. The definition doesn't work the way you've constructed it's circumstances.

That is exactly why Paul said... 'Casting down imaginations and everything that exalts itself above the knowledge of God. Bring into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.....
Nah...

The definition of Grace is the Unmerited Favor of God; gotta love it!

Or gotta hate it...

ReverendRV

I believe the Scriptures. They tell us that you are wrong. Jude said very clearly

Jud 1:4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness,

Is "grace"... "grace" just because you claim it is in your system?

Jude said that man fashions grace after their own lusts.

I'm not saying you're exactly like these men in Jude 1:4. What you're doing with grace is.
Nah, the definition of Grace is the Unmerited Favor of God...

eternomade

He/Him/His/Himself not you/me/I

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, even as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before Him. In love He predestined us for adoption to Himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of His will, to the praise of His glorious grace, with which He has blessed us in the Beloved. In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace, which He lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight making known to us the mystery of His will, according to His purpose, which He set forth in Christ as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in Him, things in heaven and things on earth. In Him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will, so that we who were the first to hope in Christ might be to the praise of his glory. In Him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in Him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of His glory."
Ephesians 1:3‭-‬14 ESV