Did God causally determine Cain's offering

TomFL

In Soft Libertarian Freewill-ism “desire for sex” is in the “set of options” available to the will... therefore it is considered “willingly”!

In Soft Libertarian Freewill-ism Satan’s “character” and “nature” only allow sin as the “set of options” available for his “will” to choose from, and you say Satan still “has freewill”!
Satan only has a “set of options” that equate to 1 option... sin... and you claim he still has “freewill”!
Forget LFW

Just answer the question as you believe

If a woman is given a date rape drug which causes her a desire for sex can it be stated she did it willingly

Theo1689

In order for the will to be “truly” free the creator of the set-of-options must also be free! If the “character” and “nature” that determines the set of options for the will are not free then the will is not free either! It’s just an illusion!

Exactly!

If our will was truly "free" of all influences, we would never be able to make any choices or decisions, for there would be no overriding factor to choose one option over another. Either our "choices" would be random and meaningless, or we would be "stuck" in a neverending state of "indecision".

Theo1689

It has nothing at all to do with that

If a woman is given a date rape drug which causes her a desire for sex can it be stated she did it willingly

Can you answer the question ?

Why can you do nothing but ask questions?

Why are you incapable of simply stating what you believe, and why?

I guess you could never write a book about your beliefs, since you would start by asking a question, and then wait for an answer....

TomFL

I guess you could never write a book about your beliefs, since you would start by asking a question, and then wait for an answer....
Why can you not give me an answer

Theo1689

Can YOU answer THESE questions?

Theo1689

Why do I need to answer your questions, when you never answer ours?
Double standards much?
"Rules for thee, but not for me."

TomFL

Why do I need to answer your questions, when you never answer ours?
Double standards much?
"Rules for thee, but not for me."
You don;t want to answer fine

Is there any reason to continue posting you don't want to answer

Sketo

So if the will is externally determine (by the “character”) how can it be stated it was done willingly
In Soft Libertarian Freewillism the “Will” is externally determined by the “character”! The “Will” receives a “set of options” from the “character” or “nature”!
“Nature” determines the “set of options” the will can only choose among the set!

In SLF-ism “the set” falls between the “character” and the “Will” which means the will is externally determined!

TomFL

Is there any reason for YOU to continue posting when YOU don't answer OUR questions?
Did You forget you were responding to my op

In any case I have responded to your questions

getting an answer from you is where the problem resides

Sketo

Exactly!

If our will was truly "free" of all influences, we would never be able to make any choices or decisions, for there would be no overriding factor to choose one option over another. Either our "choices" would be random and meaningless, or we would be "stuck" in a neverending state of "indecision".
Exactly!
“Random” = flip-a-coin-ism
Or
“Neutral” fork-in-the-road-ism

TomFL

Exactly!
“Random” = flip-a-coin-ism
Or
“Neutral” fork-in-the-road-ism
This is not an op about LFW

Is is an op questioning whether Cain was causually determined and if he was was God statement misleading

Theo1689

Did You forget you were responding to my op

Why is that the least bit relevant?

In any case I have responded to your questions

Only by dodging them with other questions.
But I'm not allowed to do what you're allowed to do, apparently.
Double standards much?

getting an answer from you is where the problem resides

I already explained to you why your analogy is fallacious and irrelevant.

brightfame52

Did God causally determine Cain's offering​

Yes ! God predetermined that cain would offer up a offerig to Him that He would reject ! Cain was a child of the evil one and God determined that as well 1 Jn 3 12

Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

Cain and his offering were rejected and hated by God

Sketo

This is not an op about LFW

Is is an op questioning whether Cain was causually determined and if he was was God statement misleading
Ok...
Cain’s willing choice was causally determined by his “character” and “nature”!

TomFL

Asked and answered.

Of course.

Not at all.
So when God told Cain he would be accepted if he did what was right God knew Cain could not do right because he God had determined that he would not do right

Is that your view ?