Did God Predestine Me To Add This Thread?

rossh

This is getting tedius.
I can read Koine Greek, and I'm guessing you can't.
In fact, I know you can't, becuase "εκλεγομαι" CANNOT mean "choice/choose", since as you pointed out, "choice" is a noun, and "choose" is a verb. So you again have no clue what you're talking about.

"εκλεγομαι" means "choose" (it's a verb, not a noun).

So for the (what? FOURTH time now), please quote the Bible verse which teaches that man "εκλεγομαι" to believe, or that man "εκλεγομαι" to accept the gospel.

Still waiting...
sorry to but in,, are you asking ? if we have a free will choice to believe the good news Gospel or not believe it ? ( this website has many more non believers that us true believers )..

Theo1689

sorry to but in,, are you asking ? if we have a free will choice to believe the good news Gospel or not believe it ? ( this website has many more non believers that us true believers )..

1) Scripture NEVER teaches that we have "free will".

2) Scripture REPEATEDLY teaches that we are "dead in trespasses and sins".

3) Scripture REPEATEDLY teaches that we are "slaves to sin".

4) Scripture REPEATEDLY teaches that the natural man is "unable" to come to Christ, and "unable" to please God.

rossh

Deut. 30:19 "I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live"

Rom 10:9 "IF you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."

Saying we have a choice doesn't negate that God also chooses. God chooses and we choose as well, both are biblical.
... well yes, that is very true however, concerning God, this is what God has advised us.

Isa 46:9 "Remember things that happened at the beginning, long ago - that I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me. 10 At the beginning I announce the end, proclaim in advance things not yet done; and I say that my plan will hold, I will do everything I please to do. 11 I call a bird of prey from the east, the man I intended, from a distant country. I have spoken and will bring it about; I have made a plan, and I will fulfill it. 12 Listen to me, you stubborn people, so far from righteousness: 13 I am bringing my justice nearer, it is not far away; my salvation will not be delayed, I will place my salvation in Tziyon for Isra'el my glory.

rossh

No one is saved by their will, John 1:13.
well yes,,, true,, but I never said that did I.. no!! however we do have free will choice just the same and, if you choose to believe that then you know what I am saying is true.. How on earth did you get the noting that I said that I an saved my my free will choice ? what choice is it that you seem to think that I have made ? I have freely chosen to confess Yeshua as , my Lord and as my Messiah/Saviour though.. have you ? no ?? you can not make that free choice right ?

Romans 10:6 Moreover, the righteousness grounded in trusting says: "Do not say in your heart, 'Who will ascend to heaven?'" that is, to bring the Messiah down - 7 or, "'Who will descend into Sh'ol?'" that is, to bring the Messiah up from the dead. 8 What, then, does it say? "The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart." l that is, the word about trust which we proclaim, namely, 9 that if you acknowledge publicly with your mouth that Yeshua is Lord and trust in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be delivered. 10 For with the heart one goes on trusting and thus continues toward righteousness, while with the mouth one keeps on making public acknowledgement and thus continues toward deliverance.11 For the pas sage quoted says that everyone who rests his trust on him will not be humiliated.
12 That means that there is no difference between Jew and Gentile - ADONAI is the same for everyone, rich toward everyone who calls on him, 13 since everyone who calls on the name of ADONAI will be delivered.
Soooo. tell and confess this to someone today..

preacher4truth

well yes,,, true,, but I never said that did I.. no!!
OK...but you're about to say it anyway:
however we do have free will choice just the same and, if you choose to believe that then you know what I am saying is true..
See?
How on earth did you get the noting that I said that I an saved my my free will choice ? what choice is it that you seem to think that I have made ? I have freely chosen to confess Yeshua as , my Lord and as my Messiah/Saviour though.. have you ? no ?? you can not make that free choice right ?
Wow...
Romans 10:6 Moreover, the righteousness grounded in trusting says: "Do not say in your heart, 'Who will ascend to heaven?'" that is, to bring the Messiah down - 7 or, "'Who will descend into Sh'ol?'" that is, to bring the Messiah up from the dead. 8 What, then, does it say? "The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart." l that is, the word about trust which we proclaim, namely, 9 that if you acknowledge publicly with your mouth that Yeshua is Lord and trust in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be delivered. 10 For with the heart one goes on trusting and thus continues toward righteousness, while with the mouth one keeps on making public acknowledgement and thus continues toward deliverance.11 For the pas sage quoted says that everyone who rests his trust on him will not be humiliated.
12 That means that there is no difference between Jew and Gentile - ADONAI is the same for everyone, rich toward everyone who calls on him, 13 since everyone who calls on the name of ADONAI will be delivered.
Soooo. tell and confess this to someone today..
Scripture says we are not saved by our will, which is choice, but you argue that we are, and are disingenuous about it, and say that's not what you're saying...lolzzz...

Never mind sir.

preacher4truth

well I want to be saved and I am saved..........
Cool, that was from God, not you.

Now, start growing in your Scripture knowledge, and do so by not assuming things on Scripture.

Yes, you are doing it, you're assuming things on the text.

Honor the word, and humble yourself to where you're teachable and can accept being corrected. :)

JNelson

This is getting tedius.
Because you refuse to answer a simple question.
I can read Koine Greek, and I'm guessing you can't.
In fact, I know you can't
You can assume what you want about what I know or don’t know, I really don’t care nor do I have to prove to you anything.
, becuase "εκλεγομαι" CANNOT mean "choice/choose", since as you pointed out, "choice" is a noun, and "choose" is a verb.
Right, I did point that out so why the confusion.
So you again have no clue what you're talking about.

"εκλεγομαι" means "choose" (it's a verb, not a noun).
and the verb is derived from the noun ἐκλογή. You just being as petty as possible since you don’t want to answer the simple question. What is the correct definition of choice?

So for the (what? FOURTH time now), please quote the Bible verse which teaches that man "εκλεγομαι" to believe, or that man "εκλεγομαι" to accept the gospel.
I’ve already provided verses but you don’t believe an imperative or a conditional statement is proof that we have a choice.

Can you cite a verse that says God εκλεγομαι who believes, or that God εκλεγομαι who accepts the gospel?
Still waiting...
Me too!!

rossh

Cool, that was from God, not you.

Now, start growing in your Scripture knowledge, and do so by not assuming things on Scripture.

Yes, you are doing it, you're assuming things on the text.

Honor the word, and humble yourself to where you're teachable and can accept being corrected. :)
and so, clearly. tell me please, where and what are my " assumptions " on Scripture/s ? Well I am waiting for the corrections please... ?

Ohh what was " cool " and, what is from God and not from me ? Please do not go all esoteric on me now ?
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. ????

Last edited:

rossh

You still believe you chose your way into salvation.

Keep studying my friend!
God is God and I am glad of that.. Yes indeed I am always studying why would I stop ? I also have God, and the Lord to guide me, which rather makes you redundant don't you think ?
Well, all I can say is thank you and, " Mene, Mene, Tekel, Upharsin/peres ".. God Bless you..

JNelson

Your “analogy” missed the mark by miles and miles!

Your analogy is simply 1+20 = 21 which is only true if you remove 2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+10+11+12+13+14+15+16+17+18+19 from the equation!

Your reduction does not fit biblical reality or Calvinism!
Aka, it doesn’t fit what you think is biblical.

Sketo

Aka, it doesn’t fit what you think is biblical.

Because you did not consider all that I think… hence…

Your “analogy” missed the mark by miles and miles!

Your analogy is simply 1+20 = 21 which is only true if you remove 2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+10+11+12+13+14+15+16+17+18+19 from the equation!

Your reduction does not fit biblical reality or Calvinism!

rossh

Keep studying my friend!

Because you did not consider all that I think… hence…
Hen 1:
1 In days gone by, God spoke in many and varied ways to the Fathers through the prophets.

2 But now, in the acharit-hayamim, he has spoken to us through his Son, to whom he has given ownership of everything and through whom he created the universe.

3 This Son is the radiance of the Sh'khinah, the very expression of God's essence, upholding all that exists by his powerful word; and after he had, through himself, made purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of HaG'dulah BaM'romim.

4 So he has become much better than angels, and the name God has given him is superior to theirs.

5 For to which of the angels did God ever say, "You are my Son; today I have become your Father"? Also, God never said of any angel, "I will be his Father, and he will be my Son."

6 And again, when God brings his Firstborn into the world, he says, "Let all God's angels worship him."

7 Indeed, when speaking of angels, he says, ". . . who makes his angels winds and his servants fiery flames";

8 but to the Son, he says, "Your throne, O God, will last forever and ever; you rule your Kingdom with a scepter of equity;

9 you have loved righteousness and hated wickedness,,

Amen!

rossh

1) Scripture NEVER teaches that we have "free will".

2) Scripture REPEATEDLY teaches that we are "dead in trespasses and sins".

3) Scripture REPEATEDLY teaches that we are "slaves to sin".

4) Scripture REPEATEDLY teaches that the natural man is "unable" to come to Christ, and "unable" to please God.
well I guess that you are right but try reading ALL of your Bible or, get the second half of the one you now use..

Ro 6:14 For sin will not have authority over you; because you are not under legalism but under grace. 15 Therefore, what conclusion should we reach? "Let's go on sinning, because we're not under legalism but under grace"? Heaven forbid! 16 Don't you know that if you present yourselves to someone as obedient slaves, then, of the one whom you are obeying, you are slaves - whether of sin, which leads to death, or of obedience, which leads to being made righteous? 17 By God's grace, you, who were once slaves to sin, obeyed from your heart the pattern of teaching to which you were exposed; 18 and after you had been set free from sin, you became enslaved to righteousness. 19 (I am using popular language because your human nature is so weak.) For just as you used to offer your various parts as slaves to impurity and lawlessness, which led to more lawlessness; so now offer your various parts as slaves to righteousness, which leads to being made holy, set apart for God.

1 Thes 5:8 But since we belong to the day, let us stay sober, putting on trust and love as a breastplate and the hope of being delivered as a helmet.
9 For God has not intended that we should experience his fury, but that we should gain deliverance through our Lord Yeshua the Messiah,
10 who died on our behalf so that whether we are alive or dead, we may live along with him. 11 Therefore, encourage each other, and build each other up - just as you are doing. 12 We ask you, brothers, to respect those who are working hard among you, those who are guiding you in the Lord and confronting you in order to help you change. 13 Treat them with the highest regard and love because of the work they are doing. Live at peace among yourselves; 14 but we urge you, brothers, to confront those who are lazy, your aim being to help them change, to encourage the timid, to assist the weak, and to be patient with everyone. 15 See that no one repays evil for evil; on the contrary, always try to do good to each other, indeed, to everyone. 16 Always be joyful. 17 Pray regularly. 18 In everything give thanks, for this is what God wants from you who are united with the Messiah Yeshua.

rossh

Keep studying my friend!
Romans 8:7 For the mind controlled by the old nature is hostile to God, because it does not submit itself to God's Torah - indeed, it cannot. 8 Thus, those who identify with their old nature cannot please God. 9 But you, you do not identify with your old nature but with the Spirit - provided the Spirit of God is living inside you, for anyone who doesn't have the Spirit of the Messiah doesn't belong to him. 10 However, if the Messiah is in you, then, on the one hand, the body is dead because of sin; but, on the other hand, the Spirit is giving life because God considers you righteous.
11 And if the Spirit of the One who raised Yeshua from the dead is living in you, then the One who raised the Messiah Yeshua from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit living in you. 12 So then, brothers, we don't owe a thing to our old nature that would require us to live according to our old nature. 13 For if you live according to your old nature, you will certainly die; but if, by the Spirit, you keep putting to death the practices of the body, you will live. 14 All who are led by God's Spirit are God's sons.