Did God sacrifice Himself to Himself to save us from Himself because of a rule He made Himself?

In the Old Testament covenants were often sealed by blood.

Jesus'/God's New Covenant being no exception.

Also, Jesus' public execution and resurrection sealed the true fact behind the Good News. I.E life beyond death, eternal life, by example of his resurrection.

Jesus sacrifice of his flesh/bread of life, insured his ransome for those sinners called to redemption.

Which is why a glorified body Christ resurrected and carried on his ministry for another 40 days.

Had flesh and blood walked out of the tomb the covenant,ransom, would be invalidated.
The sacrifice God demands of us is our own lives inner own ways. The moment one sets aside self beliefs and unlearn everything you have been taught by man to believe, a purging of mind, emptying self, and gain a knowledge that only God Himself can fill to have His same mind and walk in it as He walks in it just as Jesus did no different at all.

If one is different from what Jesus was in the Father then one doesnt follow the ways of God at all and that new person of Christ never emerges out from that death to be born again. As long as that old temple stands that new one cant be built and man is the temple of God.

found this question on a site called "gotquestions dot org"

Here's an excerpt of the answer:

There are a few issues with that answer.

On one hand, they believe Jesus is God and that he was sacrificed for the sins of mankind. And on the other they say God did not sacrifice Himself. So it implies that there is a God who was sacrificed and a God who wasn't.

The other thing is the second statement: "God...sent His Son to save us from our sin and the evil that naturally befalls those who reject the good. "

But God's "plan" to save us from sin involved sending His son (also God) to be sacrificed when He could have just saved us from sin without a sacrifice. So God did sacrifice Himself to Himself to save us from Himself because of a rule He made Himself.
This is why I don't believe that God incarnated, anymore.

I think the man in Phil 2 was an individual human, a redo of the 1st Adam, which humbled himself and died.

God coming and dying, being slaughtered by His wicked creation is a slap in the face to His wrath on mankind in the OT.(The descendants of the wicked humans God killed, killed Him).

Last edited:
This is why I don't believe that God incarnated, anymore.

I think the man in Phil 2 was an individual human, a redo of the 1st Adam, which humbled himself and died.

God coming and dying, being slaughtered by His wicked creation is a slap in the face to His wrath on mankind in the OT.(The descendants of the wicked humans God killed, killed Him).
You would if you were God incarnate. Born of God to be like Him and in His same image. Jesus referred to the process of renewal as born again.

God cannot die, He is a Spirit not flesh, not man, but the disposition of man who has His same mind.

God incarnate is Him coming to you and be in you. His deity at work in you. .

In the Old Testament covenants were often sealed by blood.

Jesus'/God's New Covenant being no exception.

Also, Jesus' public execution and resurrection sealed the true fact behind the Good News. I.E life beyond death, eternal life, by example of his resurrection.

Jesus sacrifice of his flesh/bread of life, insured his ransome for those sinners called to redemption.

Which is why a glorified body Christ resurrected and carried on his ministry for another 40 days.

Had flesh and blood walked out of the tomb the covenant,ransom, would be invalidated.

ok but I'm more interested in finding out who was sacrificed? Was it a man? Or was it God Himself in the form of a man?

If Jesus is God, then "God" was sacrificed on the cross. And if the sacrifice was made to God, then God was indeed sacrificed to God.

ok but I'm more interested in finding out who was sacrificed? Was it a man? Or was it God Himself in the form of a man?

If Jesus is God, then "God" was sacrificed on the cross. And if the sacrifice was made to God, then God was indeed sacrificed to God.
  • Imagine you are the only conscious being who exists, and that your existence is eternal, and your power infinite.
  • You have an unlimited capacity to do whatever you want.
  • It is no problem for you to create the Universe and make everything according to your design in 6 days.
  • You always know everything that is knowable so you know exactly what will happen before it happens, and for that reason you put determining factors in place.
  • You know that forced obedience is not true obedience so you set up a test to show what happens when your will is opposed, and you allow your will to be disobeyed.
  • Because of the nature of the beings you have brought into existence, opposition to your will is inevitable, so you include a remedy.
  • Your remedy is to become one of the beings you created and sacrifice yourself AS THAT BEING to appease your indignation at the way they oppose your will, and to pardon them for doing that.
  • Only those who believe you will be pardoned.

2 Corinthians 5:7
(For we walk by faith, not by sight:)

Job 36:26
I n d e e d, God is great--b e y o n d o u r k n o w l e d g e ;

1 Corinthians 13
but rejoices in the truth. 7It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Christian Standard Bible
And whoever doesn’t take up his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.

Numbers 12:8
I speak with him face to face, clearly and not in riddles; he sees the form of the LORD.

1 Corinthians 13:10
King James Bible
But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

1 Corinthians 3
9For we know in part and we prophesy in part,

1 Corinthians 13:11
When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thoughT like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became ...

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

w h e n w h e n w h e n w h e n w h e n w h e n w h e n w h e n w h e n w h e n w h e n w h e n w h e n w h e n w h e n w h e n w h e n w h e n w

......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

1 Corinthians 13:12
For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part;

16Moreover, this will be my salvation, for no godless man can appear before Him.…

10Yet He knows the way I have taken; when He has tested me, I will come forth as gold. 11My feet have followed in His tracks; I have kept His way without turning aside.…
Berean Study Bible · Download

1 Peter 1:7
so that the proven character of your faith--more precious than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire--may result in praise, glory, and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Psalm 17:3
You have tried my heart; You have visited me in the night. You have tested me and found no evil; I have resolved not to sin with my mouth.

Psalm 66:10
For You, O God, have tested us; You have refined us like silver.

1 John 3:24
Whoever keeps His commandments remains in God, and God in him.

Amplified Bible
God [in His eternal plan] chose to make known to them how great ....... are the riches of the glory of this mystery, which is Christ in and among you, the hope and guarantee of [realizing the] glory.

... give you
a spirit of wisdom and revelation in your knowledge of Him. 18Iaskthat the eyes of your heart maybe enlightened,

John 14:17
the Spirit of truth. The world cannot receive Him, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him.

New Living Translation
He is the Holy Spirit, who leads into all truth. The world cannot receive him, because it isn’t looking for him and doesn’t recognize him.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

w h e n w h e n w h e n w h e n w h e n w h e n w h e n w h e n w h e n w h e n w h e n w h e n w h e n w h e n w h e n w h e n w h e n w h e n w

......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Last edited:
John 14:17
the Spirit of truth. The world cannot receive Him, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him.

New Living Translation
He is the Holy Spirit, who leads into all truth. The world cannot receive him, because it isn’t looking for him and doesn’t recognize him.

Romans 8:14
For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.

1 John 2:3
By this we can be sure that we have come to know Him: if we keep His commandments.

7If you remain in Me and My words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. 8This is to My Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, proving yourselves to be My disciples.…
Berean Study Bible · Download

John 17:21
That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us:

14I have given them Your word and the world has hated them; for they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.

16They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.

22I
have given them the glory You gave Me, so that they may be one as We are one23I in them and You in Methat they may be perfectly united,

16They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.

12For now [in this time of imperfection] we see in a mirror dimly [a blurred reflection, a riddle, an enigma], but then [when the time of perfection comes we will see reality] face to face. Now I know in part [just in fragments], but then I will know fully, just as I have been fully known [by God].

Deuteronomy 12:9

For ye are not as yet come to the rest and to the inheritance, which the LORD your God giveth you.

…9There remains, then, a Sabbath rest for the people of God. 10For whoever enters God’s rest also rests from his own work, just as God did from His. 11Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will fall by following the same pattern of disobedience.…

2 Corinthians 3:18
And we, who with unveiled faces .... reflect the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into His image with intensifying glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

Numbers 12:8
I speak with him face to face, clearly and not in riddles; he sees the form of the LORD.

1 Corinthians 13:10
King James Bible
But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

10But when that which is complete and perfect comes, that which is incomplete and partial will pass away. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child; when I became a man,

22I .... them the glory You gave Me, so that they may be one as We are one— 23I in them and You in Methat they may be perfectly united,

16They a r e not o f t h e world, j u s t a s I a m not o f t h e world.

Last edited:
Your remedy is to become one of the beings you created and sacrifice yourself AS THAT BEING to appease your indignation at the way they oppose your will, and to pardon them for doing that.
So you agree with the statement "God sacrificed Himself to Himself to save us from Himself because of a rule He made Himself"?

So you agree with the statement "God sacrificed Himself to Himself to save us from Himself because of a rule He made Himself"?
I wouldn't agree to the wording as it is because it doesn't specify the dynamic, purposeful relationship of God the Father with God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.

The purpose of Jesus Christ as the incarnation of God was to be the sufficient, perpetually efficient sacrifice for the sins of the world, hence His depiction as the Lamb of God in fulfullment of the Old Testament typology that signposted the Way to Salvation through Him.

Gen 22:6-14 So Abraham took the wood of the burnt offering and laid it on Isaac his son; and he took the fire in his hand, and a knife, and the two of them went together. (7) But Isaac spoke to Abraham his father and said, "My father!" And he said, "Here I am, my son." Then he said, "Look, the fire and the wood, but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?" (8) And Abraham said, "My son, God will provide for Himself the lamb for a burnt offering." So the two of them went together. (9) Then they came to the place of which God had told him. And Abraham built an altar there and placed the wood in order; and he bound Isaac his son and laid him on the altar, upon the wood. (10) And Abraham stretched out his hand and took the knife to slay his son. (11) But the Angel of the LORD called to him from heaven and said, "Abraham, Abraham!" So he said, "Here I am." (12) And He said, "Do not lay your hand on the lad, or do anything to him; for now I know that you fear God, since you have not withheld your son, your only son, from Me." (13) Then Abraham lifted his eyes and looked, and there behind him was a ram caught in a thicket by its horns. So Abraham went and took the ram, and offered it up for a burnt offering instead of his son. (14) And Abraham called the name of the place, The-LORD-Will-Provide; as it is said to this day, "In the Mount of the LORD it shall be provided."

Did God sacrifice Himself to Himself to save us from Himself because of a rule He made Himself?​

Reality dictated the rule. It was not something He "made up."

God being Holy can not fellowship with darkness, dirt and refuse.

The "rule" was made so we would become motivated to learn what steps to take to qualify to be welcomed in His presence.

Back