Did God Use Adulterers And A Homosexual Union Supporter To Preserve His Words?

I'm not going to sit in a church where the pastor is an Adulterer and Homosexual Union supporter,
You are not able to read pastor's mind and know whether they are or not.

Matthew 5:28
But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

You avoid that verse in your inconsistent assertions.

Matthew 7:17-18KJV
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

You inconsistently and unjustly apply those two verses. Those two verses do not support your KJV-only theory.

For one thing, you ignore and dodge the fact that the Church of England makers of the KJV borrowed many renderings from the 1582 Roman Catholic Rheims New Testament that is placed on the KJV-only view's corrupt tree of Bibles.

I can't find any references to this. Did you compare them yourself?
Yes, I did some comparisons between a reprint of an edition of the Great Bible printed in 1540 and the 1611 KJV. My 400 word count is based on comparisons in the book of Psalms, Proverbs, and Acts.

Some scholars had pointed out the fact that there were some differences because the Great Bible had followed the Latin Vulgate in some places.
John Eadie maintained that the Great Bible "has interspersed through it a great variety of paraphrastic and supplementary clauses from the Vulgate" (English Bible, p. 383). John Eadie also affirmed that “there are more than seventy such additions in the book of Psalms” (p. 385). Henry Swete noted that many of the peculiarities of the Psalms in the Great Bible may be traced to the Septuagint "through the Gallican Psalter incorporated in the Vulgate" (Introduction to O.T. in Greek, p. 99).

At the end of Psalm 13:6, the 1540 Great Bible added the following sentence: “Yea I will praise the name of the Lord the most high.” In Psalm 14, the Great Bible (also 1535 Coverdale's Bible) has three additional verses which are not in the KJV. These three verses from the Latin Vulgate are also in the Douay-Rheims Bible [numbered Psalm 13 in Douay-Rheims]. The 1540 Great Bible added words found in the Septuagint at Psalm 17:9 [“to take away my soul”]. In his introduction to a reprint of Coverdale's Bible, S. L. Greenslade observed that at Psalm 29:1, "Great 1540 adds to 1535 the Vulgate 'Bring young rams unto the Lord,' which has Septuagint but not Hebrew authority" (p. 24). At the end of Psalm 33:10, the 1540 edition included this extra phrase: “and casteth out the counsels of princes.” The 1540 Great Bible added the words “in the gates of the daughter Sion” at the end of Psalm 73. In Psalm 92:13 after “in the courts,” the 1540 Great Bible added the words “of the house.” The 1540 Great Bible added at the end of Psalm 111 the following: “Praise the Lord for the returning again of Aggeus and Zachary the prophets.” Another addition is found at the end of Psalm 132:4 [“neither the temples of my head to take any rest”]. An addition is also found in the 1540 Great Bible at the end of Psalm 134:1 [“even in the courts of the house of our God”]. At the end of Psalm 136, the 1540 Great Bible has the following addition or verse not in the KJV: “O gave thanks to the Lord of Lords, for his mercy endureth for ever.” In just these examples out of the seventy claimed additions, this edition of the Great Bible already has over one hundred forty words in Psalms that are not in the KJV.

The Great Bible has some other additions in the Old Testament not found in the KJV. At the end of Proverbs 12:11, the 1540 edition of the Great Bible has the following: “who so hath pleasure to continue at the wine, leaveth dishonour in his own dwelling.” After Proverbs 13:13, the 1540 Great Bible added the following sentence: “A deceitful son shall have no good: but a discreet servant shall do full well, and his way shall prosper.” After Proverbs 15:5, the following is found in the 1540 Great Bible: “Where righteousness is plentiful, there is very great power, but the imaginations of the ungodly shall be rooted out.” After Proverbs 15:27, it has this addition: “Through mercy and faith are sins purged, and through the fear of the Lord doth every one eschew evil.”

The edition of the Great Bible (1540) this author examined had many of the same additions mentioned in the paragraph about Coverdale's Duoglott (check Acts 4:25, 4:27, 5:15, 13:30, 14:7, 15:34c, 15:41c, 18:4, 23:24c, 24:17; Rom. 4:5c, 4:18c, 8:23, 12:17). Thus, the first authorized Bible (the Great Bible) has over one hundred words in just one New Testament book (Acts) which are not found in the third authorized Bible (the KJV).

Yes, I did some comparisons between a reprint of an edition of the Great Bible printed in 1540 and the 1611 KJV. My 400 word count is based on comparisons in the book of Psalms, Proverbs, and Acts.

Some scholars had pointed out the fact that there were some differences because the Great Bible had followed the Latin Vulgate in some places.
John Eadie maintained that the Great Bible "has interspersed through it a great variety of paraphrastic and supplementary clauses from the Vulgate" (English Bible, p. 383). John Eadie also affirmed that “there are more than seventy such additions in the book of Psalms” (p. 385). Henry Swete noted that many of the peculiarities of the Psalms in the Great Bible may be traced to the Septuagint "through the Gallican Psalter incorporated in the Vulgate" (Introduction to O.T. in Greek, p. 99).

At the end of Psalm 13:6, the 1540 Great Bible added the following sentence: “Yea I will praise the name of the Lord the most high.” In Psalm 14, the Great Bible (also 1535 Coverdale's Bible) has three additional verses which are not in the KJV. These three verses from the Latin Vulgate are also in the Douay-Rheims Bible [numbered Psalm 13 in Douay-Rheims]. The 1540 Great Bible added words found in the Septuagint at Psalm 17:9 [“to take away my soul”]. In his introduction to a reprint of Coverdale's Bible, S. L. Greenslade observed that at Psalm 29:1, "Great 1540 adds to 1535 the Vulgate 'Bring young rams unto the Lord,' which has Septuagint but not Hebrew authority" (p. 24). At the end of Psalm 33:10, the 1540 edition included this extra phrase: “and casteth out the counsels of princes.” The 1540 Great Bible added the words “in the gates of the daughter Sion” at the end of Psalm 73. In Psalm 92:13 after “in the courts,” the 1540 Great Bible added the words “of the house.” The 1540 Great Bible added at the end of Psalm 111 the following: “Praise the Lord for the returning again of Aggeus and Zachary the prophets.” Another addition is found at the end of Psalm 132:4 [“neither the temples of my head to take any rest”]. An addition is also found in the 1540 Great Bible at the end of Psalm 134:1 [“even in the courts of the house of our God”]. At the end of Psalm 136, the 1540 Great Bible has the following addition or verse not in the KJV: “O gave thanks to the Lord of Lords, for his mercy endureth for ever.” In just these examples out of the seventy claimed additions, this edition of the Great Bible already has over one hundred forty words in Psalms that are not in the KJV.

The Great Bible has some other additions in the Old Testament not found in the KJV. At the end of Proverbs 12:11, the 1540 edition of the Great Bible has the following: “who so hath pleasure to continue at the wine, leaveth dishonour in his own dwelling.” After Proverbs 13:13, the 1540 Great Bible added the following sentence: “A deceitful son shall have no good: but a discreet servant shall do full well, and his way shall prosper.” After Proverbs 15:5, the following is found in the 1540 Great Bible: “Where righteousness is plentiful, there is very great power, but the imaginations of the ungodly shall be rooted out.” After Proverbs 15:27, it has this addition: “Through mercy and faith are sins purged, and through the fear of the Lord doth every one eschew evil.”

The edition of the Great Bible (1540) this author examined had many of the same additions mentioned in the paragraph about Coverdale's Duoglott (check Acts 4:25, 4:27, 5:15, 13:30, 14:7, 15:34c, 15:41c, 18:4, 23:24c, 24:17; Rom. 4:5c, 4:18c, 8:23, 12:17). Thus, the first authorized Bible (the Great Bible) has over one hundred words in just one New Testament book (Acts) which are not found in the third authorized Bible (the KJV).
Did anyone count how many of these additions are due to the translators supplying words omitted by the figure Ellipses?

Did anyone count how many of these additions are due to the translators supplying words omitted by the figure Ellipses?

I can't speak for logos1560. I doubt that he would allow such English notations as ellipses without a very good reason. Nevertheless the most prolific user of dishonest ellipses is KJVO Gail Riplinger.

Here is a book you should read.

1635646632251.png

It's expertly written and demonstrates true research scholarship. I've read every page, and there are many of them. If I remember correctly it's over 500 pages. But I can go and check my library.

Last edited:
Unchecked Copy Box
Jhn 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begottenSon, that whosoever believeth in himshould not perish, but have everlastinglife.

Unchecked Copy Box
Jhn 3:17 - For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world;but that the world through him might be saved.
This must be the reason you mis-interpret both verses 16 and 17

Try using an actual biblical hermeneutical method. You will learn much, especially about context.

How's Beukeboom doing seen him lately, he proudly opposed the KJV as you do?
What we're actually opposed to is the KJVO MYTH. However, to fully expose it, we must show the goofs, booboos, & other inadequacies of the KJV.

Modern translations NIV, NASB, ESV, ETC are supported by the Greek Text (Novum Testamentum Graece) this Greek Text was "Created" by Adulterers (Kurt Aland), (Barbara Aland), and Homosexual Union Supporter And Roman Catholic Jesuit Cardinal (Carlo Maria Martini)

(Kurt Aland) divorced his wife (Ingeborg) and ran off with and married his college student (Barbara Nee Ehlers), being 22 years her senior

Did God Use Adulterers And A Homosexual Union Supporter To Preserve His Words In The Greek Text (Novum Testamentum Graece)?

Adulterers (Kurt Aland), (Barbara Aland), And (Carlo Maria Martini), Are Corrupt Trees, And The (Novum Testamentum Graece) Is Their Corrupt Fruit

Matthew 7:17-18KJV

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Well.... since God used the harlot (Rahab) in lineage of Jesus I guess he could use anybody He wanted to bring forth and preserve His word. Is personal morality a standard for God using someone? (See Rahab, Baalam, David, any of us and you for that matter).

Well.... since God used the harlot (Rahab) in lineage of Jesus I guess he could use anybody He wanted to bring forth and preserve His word. Is personal morality a standard for God using someone? (See Rahab, Baalam, David, any of us and you for that matter).
Rahab was in the lineage of Jesus, pray tell where that is in the bible?

David was a repentant murderer and adulterer

Kurt Aland died in the sin of Adultery, being married to a woman while his wife Ingeborg lived

Kurt Aland died in the sin of Adultery, being married to a woman while his wife Ingeborg lived

Rahab was the mother of Boaz, who was the great grandfather of David.
More important, you do not have the capability to know what was in the mind of Aland before he died.

And you didn't answer the question whether personal morality is required in order for God to use someone. Is it?

And one other thing......Did God give His words to Baalam's donkey? Seems to me He did and those words are preserved in every Bible I have seen. What do you make of that?

I've been at CARM a very long time and so have you. How many times have you posted this thread? I have a record of five. We point out that God has used murderers, adulterers and liars for His own purposes. Your OP is nonsensical and only makes KJVO's look desperate.

Exactly, I'm not going to sit in a church where the pastor is an adulterer and homosexual union supporter,
Could you in effect have done the same thing without perhaps knowing it? Are you claiming to be a perfect mind reader of other people's minds? Are you in effect trying to claim that all believers have to know perfectly the hearts/minds of others when they may not even know perfectly their own heart/mind?

Have you read any books by Peter Ruckman or Gail Riplinger (in effect sitting under their KJV-only teaching) or sit under any preacher or teacher who may have read any of their books? Did not Peter Ruckman and Gail Riplinger have more than one living spouse? Perhaps you have sit in a church where a pastor was influenced by Ruckman's or Riplinger's KJV-only teaching.

How do you know if you have ever sit in a church and heard a preacher who could have possibly been an adulterer having a secret relationship with another man's wife or a woman other than his wife (that those hearing his preaching did not know)?

How do you know if you have ever sit in a church where the pastor may have been guilty of violating Matthew 5:28?

But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

You have ignored and avoided that NT verse in your inconsistent assertions and your seeming use of double standards.

Last edited:
You are not able to read pastor's mind and know whether they are or not.

You avoid that verse in your inconsistent assertions.
There's a big difference between those who lust in their heart versus those who openly commit these transgressions while justifying and condoning them.

And one other thing......Did God give His words to Baalam's donkey? Seems to me He did and those words are preserved in every Bible I have seen. What do you make of that?
For one thing, it spotlights that a jackass has more sense than those who have no fear of God's judgements.

I've been at CARM a very long time and so have you. How many times have you posted this thread? I have a record of five. We point out that God has used murderers, adulterers and liars for His own purposes. Your OP is nonsensical and only makes KJVO's look desperate.
And he fails to mention two KJVO poster kids, Dr. Peter S. Ruckman, who was living & died in adultery with at least one ex-wife living, & Gail Riplinger, who's living in adultery with at least one ex-hubby living. (I believe one of them died,) But, while I'm not an adulterer, I'm certainly not without sin, so I'm not gonna cast stones.

Back