Did Jesus bear Gods wrath and was He forsaken ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting study...... Isa 61:2 in the LXX is ἀνταπόδοσις and is better translated "recompense". It literally means "reward" and is translated as such in Col 3:24.

I believe what Gill said to be true when he said...

"he destroyed the works of the devil, the devil himself, and spoiled principalities and powers; when he abolished death, and was the plague and destruction of that and the grave;"

Satan was rewarded/recompensed with destruction
Yes he conquered his power at the cross yet he is still active as a roaring lion. He will meet his final fate at His 2nd Coming.

Interesting study...... Isa 61:2 in the LXX is ἀνταπόδοσις and is better translated "recompense". It literally means "reward" and is translated as such in Col 3:24.

I believe what Gill said to be true when he said...

"he destroyed the works of the devil, the devil himself, and spoiled principalities and powers; when he abolished death, and was the plague and destruction of that and the grave;"

Satan was rewarded/recompensed with destruction
And I’m 100% behind his above comments as biblically true and accurate.

I've found another interesting point, but it can wait until after Worship...
Doubt it will do any good.

Guess we will just have accept the fact that we have brothers who believe Jesus was crucified but bore no sins. And since that be the case, God crushed Him and crucified him according to plan, even though he bore no sins, scripture must be mistaken when it claims Christ became sin, and a curse.

And further down the road for some: His righteousness is not imputed unto us, it is our own righteousness that we express in the form of faith unto salvation.

Guess we will just have accept the fact that we have brothers who believe Jesus was crucified but bore no sins. And since that be the case, God crushed Him and crucified him according to plan, even though he bore no sins, scripture must be mistaken when it claims Christ became sin, and a curse.

And further down the road for some: His righteousness is not imputed unto us, it is our own righteousness that we express in the form of faith unto salvation.
We can remain Brothers here, just like when we differ on Eschatology. He's Dispensational, I'm Covenantal; yet we're Brothers...

He probably will say Jesus bore our Sin, without bearing the Wrath of God. But maybe you have a point that Jesus doesn't bear Sin for no reason?

We can remain Brothers here, just like when we differ on Eschatology. He's Dispensational, I'm Covenantal; yet we're Brothers...
Of course.
He probably will say Jesus bore our Sin, without bearing the Wrath of God. But maybe you have a point that Jesus doesn't bear Sin for no reason?
There is no wrath where there is no sin. So if there was no wrath, he bore no sin.

Who stated Jesus bore no sins ?

The idea is they were not his sins

his was not guilty of them

and this is scripture

Romans 4:5 (KJV)
5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

who does the pronoun refer to

you know the answer so why the pretension you post above

Who stated Jesus bore no sins ?
Bore sin without the wrath.
The idea is they were not his sins
It’s not an idea Tom, it’s a fact.
his was not guilty of them
Tom are you having a problem staying focused?
and this is scripture

5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
Amen

and I already explained this to you

Bore sin without the wrath.

That is not PSA

You don't even understand the doctrine you support

It’s not an idea Tom, it’s a fact.
A fact denied by PSA

which teaches an imputation of sin to Christ

and claims Jesus is then punished by god for them

Tom are you having a problem staying focused?

Amen

and I already explained this to you
And you equivocate now

as if you had not

The fact is you affirmed that in

it is the faith of the one who believed which is accounted for righteous

No one would know that based on your last few posts

That is not PSA

A fact denied by PSA

And you equivocate now

as if you had not

?

That is not PSA

A fact denied by PSA

And you equivocate now

as if you had not

You Egyptian, friend? If not you're certainly in Da Nile.

Between you and me, where there is no Appeasement of God's Wrath, there is no Remission of Sin...

to render one's self, to appease, conciliate to one's self

to become propitious, be placated or appeased

to be propitious, be gracious, be merciful

to expiate, make propitiation for

Between you and me, where there is no Appeasement of God's Wrath, there is no Remission of Sin...
Except Gods wrath is upon sin ,death and the devil which Jesus conquered by His Holy Life and laying down His life in love with His death not wrath with Gods anger towards His Beloved Son in Whom He is well pleased .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back