Did Jesus bear Gods wrath and was He forsaken ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. You're not allowed to know anything. "How many books have you read?" "Tag me in the Trinity forum. Let's find out who knows God!"

Those statements speak for themselves...
Now that I’ve started asking it again to get an answer from him, this thread is now going nowhere. The only reason why it was going anywhere was I was playing along with him hoping to make some headway. But now that I’ve decided to stop playing his game, he’s done. ???

Ok I can see this is going nowhere.

Any one else want to discuss Gods attributes pre creation who opposes the OP ?

I'm open to all for this discussion.
Now that things have calmed down here and I can hear myself think I'm ready to dive into it.

I am glad to answer but I don't understand the relevance.

I will note that I have asked you several question and you've ignored me. Just saying..... You're not matching your own demands of others.

The Brass Serpent was an allegory to the Cross. Jesus wasn't literally brass nor a snake.
But the snake typified Him as He took the curse for us. You can’t take the brass snake away from it. The brass snake was more than just the cross, but also Him who died on it.

What a wonderful age reliving as far as sharing knowledge goes. Justin starting out the first thing I found out about God's attributes pre-creation was the Trinity.

Who has ascended to heaven and come down? Who has gathered the wind in his fists? Who has wrapped up the waters in a garment? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is his name, and what is his son’s name? Surely you know! (Proverbs 30:4,).

I'm discussing pre creation. Lets stick to THEOLOGY. Who is God, not man.

Who is God before creation. I'm not going down the other road until we establish Gods innate character, attributes and what those mean.

Now back to Immutability and Love.

What does that mean within the Godhead ?

hope this helps !!!
Here's the Fundamental; God does not change, thus God's Love never changes: Pre or Post Creation...

But since God does not change, when we learn from the Bible that God Hated Esau, it has always been God's Nature to Hate; that hasn't changed...

Why have you turned your green light off?

Last edited:
You should elaborate.

Allegories are only useful in certain ways. They do not completely picture the relative event.

The brass serpent on the pole was not just the cross. When Jesus was crucified, it was confirming what Deut. 21:22-23 states…”If a man has committed a sin worthy of death and he is put to death, and you hang him on a tree, his corpse shall not hang all night on the tree, but you shall surely bury him on the same day (for he who is hanged is accursed of God), so that you do not defile your land which the Lord your God gives you as an inheritance.” Now, Christ never committed the first sin, but when He was imputed His sheep’s sins, God treated Him as if He had personally committed them. This is exactly what imputation teaches. He was not literally guilty of sinning, but was legally declared guilty of sinning. And the brass snake typified that.

The brass serpent on the pole was not just the cross. When Jesus was crucified, it was confirming what Deut. 21:22-23 states…”If a man has committed a sin worthy of death and he is put to death, and you hang him on a tree, his corpse shall not hang all night on the tree, but you shall surely bury him on the same day (for he who is hanged is accursed of God), so that you do not defile your land which the Lord your God gives you as an inheritance.” Now, Christ never committed the first sin, but when He was imputed His sheep’s sins, God treated Him as if He had personally committed them. This is exactly what imputation teaches. He was not literally guilty of sinning, but was legally declared guilty of sinning. And the brass snake typified that.
Exactly.

Just like the sacrificial lamb wasn't guilty, but was punished and bore the wrath of God. This was to typify Christ.

Here's the Fundamental; God does not change, thus God's Love never changes...

But since God does not change, when we learn from the Bible that God Hated Esau, it has always been God's Nature to Hate; that hasn't changed...

Why have you turned your green light off?
from the conflicts earlier, ill turn it back on , my daughter just stopped by and my wife is doing worse now so ill be in and out today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back