Did Jesus bear Gods wrath and was He forsaken ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
100% foreign since the Eternal God is Love. Sin came into existence post creation . Since I’m a YEC that’s a drop in the bucket only around 6000-8000 years compared to eternity past.
Right! But as he was making us he knew that we would End up sinners and because of his love for us he would go to the cross and die. So in that sense they're not quite that foreign.

I think Jesus loved sinners, He hung out with them. Okay I'm Going to stop right there. Rabbit hole alert

Last edited:
Right! But as he was making us he knew that we would End up sinners and because of his love for us he would go to the cross and die. So in that sense they're not quite that foreign.

I think Jesus loved sinners, He hung out with them. Okay I'm Going to stop right there. Rabbit hole alert
Absolutely!!!

I can be classified as a YEC but I don't believe Genesis deals with the origins of all of God's handy work. Genesis simply details our beginnings. I believe sin is much older than man's existence.

I ask about sin because of the experience of sin Jesus Christ dealt with in Redemption. Consider the foreign nature of sin to the Unity and Purity that Jesus Christ experienced in His Divinity.
If I think too hard about that post my brain might explode. So I'm gonna have to take baby steps. Satan's fall and the basic sin of unchecked personal ambition, desiring to be equal to or above God (pride) I think shows us that sin is definitely older than man's existence. I think that Jesus dealt with redemption during his entire ministry not just on the cross. And last but not least maybe sin wasn't of a foreign nature to the aspects of his divinity. Given his Divine Nature it's safe to say he was quite familiar with all aspects of sin. Yet he was without sin.

During his temptation in the wilderness he knew that every offer was an offer for him engage in sin. Yet each time he responded with of his word.

24But Jesus did not entrust Himself to them, for He knew them all. 25 He did not need any testimony about man, for He knew what was in a man. John 2:24-25

17 From that time on, Jesus went about preaching. He said, “Be sorry for your sins and turn from them. The holy nation of heaven is near.”
Matthew 4:17

The woman at the well, he knew all about her life.

What's cool about your post is you know where you're coming from and the way you word it makes us think about it. That's a characteristic of good teacher.

I know what your thinking...“Why do you call me good?”

If I think too hard about that post my brain might explode. So I'm gonna have to take baby steps. Satan's fall and the basic sin of unchecked personal ambition, desiring to be equal to or above God (pride) I think shows us that sin is definitely older than man's existence. I think that Jesus dealt with redemption during his entire ministry not just on the cross. And last but not least maybe sin wasn't of a foreign nature to the aspects of his divinity. Given his Divine Nature it's safe to say he was quite familiar with all aspects of sin. Yet he was without sin.

During his temptation in the wilderness he knew that every offer was an offer for him engage in sin. Yet each time he responded with of his word.

24But Jesus did not entrust Himself to them, for He knew them all. 25 He did not need any testimony about man, for He knew what was in a man. John 2:24-25

17 From that time on, Jesus went about preaching. He said, “Be sorry for your sins and turn from them. The holy nation of heaven is near.”
Matthew 4:17

The woman at the well, he knew all about her life.

What's cool about your post is you know where you're coming from and the way you word it makes us think about it. That's a characteristic of good teacher.

I know what your thinking...“Why do you call me good?”
Only God is good which was Jesus point, the person you are talking to is God . :)

Only God is good which was Jesus point, the person you are talking to is God . :)
What I was trying to say is that the poster above has the whole concept of what he's talking about mapped out in his head and he is giving us bits and pieces so we can come to our conclusions as to what he's trying to show us. I think that form of communicating is very effective at least it works for me. So when I made the comment about being a good teacher I was being sincere but I tried to lighten it up a little bit with some Bible humor. Sorry I guess it didn't work too good.

What I was trying to say is that the poster above has the whole concept of what he's talking about mapped out in his head and he is giving us bits and pieces so we can come to our conclusions as to what he's trying to show us. I think that form of communicating is very effective at least it works for me. So when I made the comment about being a good teacher I was being sincere but I tried to lighten it up a little bit with some Bible humor. Sorry I guess it didn't work too good.
No worries I was just throwing in my pov with Jesus words to the rich young ruler :)

Here is my study on Jesus words 😎

God is Good

Mark 10:13-27
13 People were bringing little children to Jesus to have him touch them, but the disciples rebuked them. 14 When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. 15 I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." 16 And he took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them.
17 As He was setting out on a journey, a man ran up to Him and knelt before Him, and asked Him, "Good Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?" 18 And Jesus said to him, "Why do you call Me good? No one is good except God alone. 19 "You know the commandments, ' DO NOT MURDER, DO NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, DO NOT STEAL, DO NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS, Do not defraud, HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER.'" 20 And he said to Him, "Teacher, I have kept all these things from my youth up." 21 Looking at him, Jesus felt a love for him and said to him, "One thing you lack: go and sell all you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me." 22 But at these words he was saddened, and he went away grieving, for he was one who owned much property.
23 And Jesus, looking around, * said to His disciples, "A How hard it will be for those who are wealthy to enter the kingdom of God!" 24 The disciples A were amazed at His words. But Jesus * answered again and said to them, "Children, how hard it is to enter the kingdom of God! 25 “It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God." 26 They were even more astonished and said to Him, " Then who can be saved?" 27 Looking at them, Jesus said, "With people it is impossible, but not with God; for all things are possible with God."

Jesus point in His questioning of the ruler was rhetorical in nature. Do you know who you are calling good? Only God is good. He was saying to the ruler "Do you know who I Am and who you are speaking too? If you read on it becomes obvious for Jesus turned him away from gaining eternal life. He knew what was in his heart and keeping him away from the kingdom. Only God knows what is in mans heart and can allow a person into His Kingdom. Jesus was clearly claiming to be God in this passage.

No prophet, apostle or teacher has ever talked in this presumptuous way in which Jesus did in the gospels and especially in this passage in the synoptic gospel. The young ruler runs up to Jesus kneels to Him in worship and asks Him how can I obtain eternal life? Jesus answers back and said come "Follow ME!" Do you see what Jesus is claiming? He does not say, these are the teachings that God has given me or follow these rules and you will get into heaven. He did not say to follow God or submit to God. Jesus tells the man to follow Me! Only God has that prerogative.

He was saying indirectly to the ruler, know that whom you are speaking to is God. He was letting the young ruler understand who he was talking to and addressing as good. Look at it this way, Is He saying He is not good, and therefore not God? Or is He saying that He is good, and the reason this man can call Him good is because He is God? I opt for the second statement.

Let’s examine the context of the passage and what is going on when this man approaches Jesus. He says why do you call me good and points out to the man that only God is good. The man is unaware of His identity which Jesus who knew men’s hearts was aware of with the young ruler. This man thought of Jesus as just a mere man and not the Son of God. Jesus response was not one of denying His own sinlessness or deity. The context clearly shows just the opposite to be true. Jesus claims absolute authority over the young ruler by asking him to come and Follow Me. To call Him "good teacher" you better recognize who you are speaking to and this is exactly the point Jesus was getting across to the young ruler. Jesus is eternal life and the man was unaware of this truth which is rather obvious by his questions.

How does one obtain eternal life? Jesus confronted him with His Lordship when He said come and follow Me. Jesus confronted the man's sin of covetousness. It was a sin of indulgence and materialism. He was indifferent to people who were poor and in need. So Jesus gave him the ultimate test, would he obey His Lordship? The antis and non trins get all hung up on who is good and cannot see past the plank in their own eyes to see what one must do to be saved. They're still in an unbelieving state and miss out on eternal life from its very source, Jesus. Rather sad indeed.

If we further examine the context of the question asked by the young ruler in verse 13 we read; people were bringing little children to Jesus to have him touch them, but the disciples rebuked them. 14 When Jesus saw this, He was indignant. He said to them, "Let the little children come to Me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. 15 I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." 16 And He took the children in His arms, put His hands on them and blessed them. 17 As Jesus started on his way, a man ran up to Him and fell on his knees before Him. "Good teacher," he asked, "what must I do to inherit eternal life?" 18 "Why do you call Me good?" Jesus answered. Let’s see what question was asked of Jesus. How can I get eternal life?" is the question. "Follow ME!" is the answer that he gets from Jesus. Do you see what He is claiming? He does NOT say, these are the teachings that God has given Me. Follow these rules and you will get to heaven. He did not say, "follow God or submit to God", but he said "Follow ME!". Jesus is Lord and had the authority to command mankind, Follow Me!

John 1:6-8
John. 7 He came as a witness, to testify about the Light, so that all might believe through Him. 8 He was not the Light, but he came to testify about the Light.

John 5:39-40
39 " You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; 40 and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.

John 8:14
" Even if I testify about Myself, My testimony is true, for I know where I came from and where I am going; but you do not know where I come from or where I am going.

John 8:18-20
18 I am one who testifies for Myself; My other witness is the Father, who sent Me."

19 Then they asked Him, "Where is your father?"

"You do not know Me or my Father," Jesus replied. "If you knew Me, you would know My Father also."

Luke 24:27
Then beginning with Moses and with all the prophets, He explained to them the things concerning Himself in all the Scriptures.

Luke 24:44-45
44 Now He said to them, " These are My words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things which are written about Me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled." 45 Then He opened their minds to understand the Scriptures,

Its all about Jesus from beginning to end. He is the First and the Last, the Alpha and Omega ! He is the Great I Am. The Good Shepherd indeed !

hope this helps,

I haven't edited it yet, but it covers the point I want to make...

Turning Swords into Plowshares - by ReverendRV

Isaiah 2:4
; He shall judge between the nations, And rebuke many people; They shall beat their swords into plowshares, And their spears into pruning hooks; Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, Neither shall they learn war anymore.

Jesus said to his disciples ‘Blessed are the meek, For they shall inherit the earth, and Blessed are the peacemakers, For they shall be called sons of God.’ Spiritually speaking, no one begins in life as a peacemaker, but instead we begin as enemies of God. The Bible says that stealing, lying, and cursing with Gods name are all Sin; and they are only the tip of the Iceberg. Jesus also said ‘He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters abroad’, so there is no neutrality. When one decides to repent and follow Jesus they are no longer enemies of God. Even former enemies know the way of weapons but when they no longer have need for them, they can find better ways to put a weapon to use…

Jesus said ‘Go into all the world and preach the Gospel to every creature.’ There are times when Christians obey this, but it seems like they can’t get through to some people. Jesus compares the heart of these people to hard, trodden ground; ‘When anyone hears the message about the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This is the seed sown along the path.’ This is when the ground of your heart needs to be tilled…

The Prophet Ezekiel describes it like this; ‘I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.’ God makes the ground of your heart good and then compares it to tilled soil. God uses the Law of God to penetrate your heart, Paul describes it like this; ‘For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.’ A follower of Christ will lay down their carnal swords and pick up the ‘Sword which is the word of God’ and use it as a plowshare to break ground in your heart…

This is what the Apostle Peter did at the first Christian Pentecost. By the power of Gods Holy Spirit, Peter rose and preached to the crowds. Everyone present there knew of how God had been working the last few years in the land of Israel, and there surely were large crowds assembled to see if it would continue. There were people there who would have seen the miracles of Christ; giving sight to the blind, feeding the thousands and raising the dead. There would have been people there who saw the darkness the day Christ was crucified, and when they heard Peter quote the prophecy of Joel they would have known that the darkness was predicted long ago. There would have been people there who told Pontius Pilate to crucify Jesus, and when Peter proclaimed this, ‘They were cut to the heart’. Peter turned the sword that he used to cut off a guard's ear into a plowshare, and turned the spear which pierced Christ's heart into a pruning hook; reaping a harvest that day of three thousand people!

You have reason to worry today my friend if you have not turned to Jesus as your Savior. Moses said this, ‘But when Pharaoh saw that there was relief, he hardened his heart and did not heed them, as the LORD had said.’ You are the one who trods down the path which is your heart, making it ever harder! If you turn to Jesus as your Lord and risen Savior through Faith, he will give you a new heart and Eternal life will then be able to grow in the furrow which is cut into your heart…

John 5:24; "I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life.

@Carbon @Predestined not @TomL

Last edited:
Aha!!!

Just kidding...

But you stepped into my snare. Hold on, let me find my Gospel Tract...
Did I get you @civic ?

There would have been people there who saw the darkness the day Christ was crucified, and when they heard Peter quote the prophecy of Joel they would have known that the darkness was predicted long ago.

The day Christ was Crucified was the Great and Terrible Day of the Lord; right? A Day of the Wrath of God...

@Carbon

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back