Did Jesus create the angels?

Nathan P

I think they are talking about us and that there was no scripture discussion? We all know where it says the Word became flesh and I did not think the scripture needed to be listed. But it was scripture related when we talked about when the Word became flesh.

Last edited by a moderator:

shnarkle

You are wrong. His sacrificial death doesn't mean anything if He's not Who He said He is.

If you are not a JW, you do not belong in/on this forum.
Sorry, my bad. I have been trying to understand the rules of this group for quite a while. I'm taking notes. Please be patient. I'm doing the best I can.

shnarkle

DO NOT comment on what a moderator does. If you disagree with a decision, take it up with 4Him via private message
I've tried to find out why my posts have been moderated in the past, but no one has ever provided me with any insights or guidance to help me refrain from making these mistakes again.

froggy

I've tried to find out why my posts have been moderated in the past, but no one has ever provided me with any insights or guidance to help me refrain from making these mistakes again.
Well I am pretty much done posting here. I do not have a Bible verse for that.

shnarkle

Well I am pretty much done posting here. I do not have a Bible verse for that.
Not sure what that means. Perhaps I should have used the word "banned" instead? Regardless, it would be of great help if those banning me could let me know which posts were so offensive, and why so I know not to make this same mistake again. I've gone over the rules and can't figure out what I may have done.

I was banned once before, but they told me why I was banned which was a great help.

froggy

Not sure what that means. Perhaps I should have used the word "banned" instead? Regardless, it would be of great help if those banning me could let me know which posts were so offensive, and why so I know not to make this same mistake again. I've gone over the rules and can't figure out what I may have done.

I was banned once before, but they told me why I was banned which was a great help.
They never contacted me privately to tell me what I did wrong. Do not need the stress. It is similar to Zuckerberg limiting free speech

shnarkle

They never contacted me privately to tell me what I did wrong. Do not need the stress. It is similar to Zuckerberg limiting free speech
Sorry, my bad. I thought the moderation was coming from you, not being directed at you. I thought you were a moderator.

Nathan P

You are wrong. His sacrificial death doesn't mean anything if He's not Who He said He is.

If you are not a JW, you do not belong in/on this forum. This forum is for discussion/debate between Christians and JWs. Any other views are side-tracking and off-topic and belong somewhere else, such as the Theology Board.
So you are a JW?

imJRR

So you are a JW?

No, I'm a Christian. I could never be a JW, because first and foremost a JW is, more accurately speaking, a Watchtowerite. By that, I mean that a JW's beliefs do not come from the Bible - They come from the Watchtower Society. This is not by any means an empty accusation on my part - I can very easily substantiate that from the writings of the JW masters themselves. The second reason is very, very much related to the first, and would be that I have a brain and am able to think. The idea of having my beliefs force fed/dictated to me, and not being allowed to ask questions or make challenges due to fear of being disfellowshipped (being emotionally blackmailed would be a very accurate way of saying it) and therefore ending up being a 'programmed person' has no appeal to me at all.

Last edited:

Nathan P

No, I'm a Christian. I could never be a JW, because first and foremost a JW is, more accurately speaking, a Watchtowerite. By that, I mean that a JW's beliefs do not come from the Bible - They come from the Watchtower Society. This is not by any means an empty accusation on my part - I can very easily substantiate that from the writings of the JW masters themselves. The second reason is very, very much related to the first, and would be that I have a brain and am able to think. The idea of having my beliefs force fed/dictated to me, and not being allowed to ask questions or make challenges due to fear of being disfellowshipped (being emotionally blackmailed would be a very accurate way of saying it) and therefore ending up being a 'programmed person' has no appeal to me at all.
I was just wondering because you told the one that if you are not a JW you do not belong on this forum. You also said it is for a debate between
Christians and jws. How do you know whether he or she is a christian?

imJRR

I was just wondering because you told the one that if you are not a JW you do not belong on this forum. You also said it is for a debate between
Christians and jws. How do you know whether he or she is a christian?

I'm trying to recall the specifics of whatever that conversation was and when it was. If it's the one I'm thinking of, the person openly said that they were not a JW, but what they were posting was not Christian belief.

Nathan P

Actually John 1:1 a means that the word already existed in the beginning making the word uncreated. Even Jewish Literatures points to an uncreated word. In John 1:1 c the word was God. So yes the scriptures clearly state that the Word was God.
No the Word only existed in the beginning like you say and thus the Word had to have been created because only God existed before the beginning. God is from everlasting to everlasting which means without beginning or end. Someone has to prove the Word is from everlasting to everlasting and not just everlasting?

Nathan P

I'm trying to recall the specifics of whatever that conversation was and when it was. If it's the one I'm thinking of, the person openly said that they were not a JW, but what they were posting was not Christian belief.
It is on this page and also may 9th when you said that to Snarkle.

imJRR

It is on this page and also may 9th when you said that to Snarkle.

Okay. Well, according to the guidelines, this particular forum is for contrasting JW beliefs and teachings with Christian beliefs and teachings. That is the purpose of it. However, I believe that there have been posters coming here who are not JWs but who are posting things that aren't really all that 'Christian' either, or the posts are on off-topic matters. This kind of thing is a form of 'hijacking' the forum for personal purposes and side-tracks the purpose of the board and confuses people.

(shrug) I just want the forum to stay focused to its purpose. If people who aren't JWs want to debate the Deity of Christ and/or the Trinity, there's a forum for that. If they want to discuss word studies, there's a Biblical Language forum for that.

froggy

Okay. Well, according to the guidelines, this particular forum is for contrasting JW beliefs and teachings with Christian beliefs and teachings. That is the purpose of it. However, I believe that there have been posters coming here who are not JWs but who are posting things that aren't really all that 'Christian' either, or the posts are on off-topic matters. This kind of thing is a form of 'hijacking' the forum for personal purposes and side-tracks the purpose of the board and confuses people.

(shrug) I just want the forum to stay focused to its purpose. If people who aren't JWs want to debate the Deity of Christ and/or the Trinity, there's a forum for that. If they want to discuss word studies, there's a Biblical Language forum for that.
That is why I am no longer a contributor here.

Nathan P

And since the WORD WAS WITH GOD AND WAS GOD, He's eternal also. Simple as that.

WHY IN THE WORLD would you think that the WORD (who was the agent of creation) only goes back to the beginning of it??

Sounds like some lunatic fringe denominational foolishness.
I did not say he went back to the beginning of creation and instead I said that it is documented that Jesus only goes back 2,000 or so years. As far as the Word is concerned I do not know how far back the Word goes.

Bob Carabbio

I did not say he went back to the beginning of creation and instead I said that it is documented that Jesus only goes back 2,000 or so years. As far as the Word is concerned I do not know how far back the Word goes.
Since the"WORD" is God - it's Eternal - just like God Himself.

Last edited: