Did Jesus die on the Cross, as a Human and/or as GOD as well ???

YeshuaFan

Nope - Adam, Jesus, ME, and you all have/had the SAME HUMAN NATURE. Adam's HUMAN NATURE never changed - only his immediate environment did.
TWO things were "Cursed" The "Ground" for Adam's sake, and the Serpent. Adam and Eve WERE NOT CURSED, but they DID Die Spiritually, and they did have to face the "fruit" of their actions
Jesus had to be born of the Virgin birth to avoid receiving the sin nature of Mary!

YeshuaFan

So then Jesus was NEVER Tempted in all respects AS WE ARE, nor touched with our infirmaties.

Is that YOUR version of the TRUTH???
The bible version is that within jesus was and is right now nature of God and of sinless hujmanity!
He had no corruption in his flesh and nature, was the spotless sinless One, from birth, all others have sin natures!

Bob Carabbio

The bible version is that within jesus was and is right now nature of God and of sinless hujmanity!
He had no corruption in his flesh and nature, was the spotless sinless One, from birth, all others have sin natures!
So then Jesus was NEVER Tempted in all respects AS WE ARE, nor touched with our infirmaties.

Is that YOUR version of the TRUTH???

Bob Carabbio

He was tempted and tested even without having a sin nature! was Adam tempted to sin?
Jesus had a HUMAN NATURE, just like you and Adam. Adam's temptation/enticement/conception, SIN is a matter of record. Since Eve gave the fruit to Adam, he was apparently there when the serpent was working on his wife, and she added HER "Enticement" to the serpent's.

Adam & Eve's natures NEVER CHANGED, only their environment as THE RESULT of their SIN.

"Sin Nature" is just another "theological" buzz-word for HUMAN NATURE. The Mechanism of Temptation is given in James 1.

Dizerner

I know, in fact, that there dwelleth not in me, that is, in my flesh, anything good (Rom 7:18 ROT)

But Jesus said to him--Why, callest thou me, good? None, is good, save one--God. (Luk 18:19 ROT)

YeshuaFan

Jesus had a HUMAN NATURE, just like you and Adam. Adam's temptation/enticement/conception, SIN is a matter of record. Since Eve gave the fruit to Adam, he was apparently there when the serpent was working on his wife, and she added HER "Enticement" to the serpent's.

Adam & Eve's natures NEVER CHANGED, only their environment as THE RESULT of their SIN.

"Sin Nature" is just another "theological" buzz-word for HUMAN NATURE. The Mechanism of Temptation is given in James 1.
When Adam and Eve sinned and fell, they right then experienced spiritual death, and were not under physical death, same for all since except for Lord Jesus!

rossh

Which part of God's word that you quoted is in reference to "payment". Just quoting slabs of scripture that don't actually support your contention is incorrectly handling the scriptures.

And then you are forgiven, no payment is made on your behalf.

If the slate is wiped clean, then no payment was made.

Colossians 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you[d] alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, 14 having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross.

Payment was never made, the debt was canceled.
why say that ? why would I quote irrelevant Scriptures to certain points ? You can find Scriptures for yourself, right ? " The Wages of Sin is Death. ", why is this hard to comprehend ? " wages " - " payment " why don't don't YOU do the leg work and read Gods Word yourself ?

Romans 6: 20 For when you were slaves of sin, you were free in relationship to righteousness;
21 but what benefit did you derive from the things of which you are now ashamed? The end result of those things was death.
22 However, now, freed from sin and enslaved to God, you do get the benefit - it consists in being made holy, set apart for God, and its end result is eternal life.
23 For what one earns from sin is death; but eternal life is what one receives as a free gift from God, in union with the Messiah Yeshua, our Lord.

He alone died in our place and paid for our sin..

rossh

Most definitely in scripture....

Posts 104 and 105 below, if you are interested...

Really, you should be the one to deal with your suppositions above!!!

Matt 27:46 At about three, Yeshua uttered a loud cry, "Eli! Eli! L'mah sh'vaktani? (My God! My God! Why have you deserted me?)"
47 On hearing this, some of the bystanders said, "He's calling for Eliyahu."
48 Immediately one of them ran and took a sponge, soaked it in vinegar, put it on a stick and gave it to him to drink.
49 The rest said, "Wait! Let's see if Eliyahu comes and rescues him."
50 But Yeshua, again crying out in a loud voice, yielded up his spirit.

rossh

Which part of God's word that you quoted is in reference to "payment". Just quoting slabs of scripture that don't actually support your contention is incorrectly handling the scriptures.

And then you are forgiven, no payment is made on your behalf.

If the slate is wiped clean, then no payment was made.

Colossians 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you[d] alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, 14 having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross.

Payment was never made, the debt was canceled.
well if you do not want to read Scriptures for yourself then that is on you. If I do quote Gods Word you say it is wrong ? Colossians is written AFERT HIs Sacrifice, after His Suffering and Death on the Cross, seriously ??
Col 2:
12 you were buried along with him by being immersed; and in union with him, you were also raised up along with him by God's faithfulness that worked when he raised Yeshua from the dead.

13 You were dead because of your sins, that is, because of your "foreskin," your old nature. But God made you alive along with the Messiah by forgiving you all your sins.

14 He wiped away the bill of charges against us. Because of the regulations, it stood as a testimony against us; but he removed it by nailing it to the execution-stake.

15 Stripping the rulers and authorities of their power, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by means of the stake.

16 So don't let anyone pass judgment on you in connection with eating and drinking, or in regard to a Jewish festival or Rosh-Hodesh or Shabbat.

17 These are a shadow of things that are coming, but the body is of the Messiah.

18 Don't let anyone deny you the prize by insisting that you engage in self-mortification or angel-worship. Such people are always going on about some vision they have had, and they vainly puff themselves up by their worldly outlook.

Romans 5:
8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in that the Messiah died on our behalf while we were still sinners.

9 Therefore, since we have now come to be considered righteous by means of his bloody sacrificial death, how much more will we be delivered through him from the anger of God's judgment!

10 For if we were reconciled with God through his Son's death when we were enemies, how much more will we be delivered by his life, now that we are reconciled!

11 And not only will we be delivered in the future, but we are boasting about God right now, because he has acted through our Lord Yeshua the Messiah, through whom we have already received that reconciliation.

12 Here is how it works: it was through one individual that sin entered the world, and through sin, death; and in this way death passed through to the whole human race, inasmuch as everyone sinned.

13 Sin was indeed present in the world before Torah was given, but sin is not counted as such when there is no Torah.

14 Nevertheless death ruled from Adam until Moshe, even over those whose sinning was not exactly like Adam's violation of a direct command. In this, Adam prefigured the one who was to come.

15 But the free gift is not like the offence. For if, because of one man's offence, many died, then how much more has God's grace, that is, the gracious gift of one man, Yeshua the Messiah, overflowed to many!

16 No, the free gift is not like what resulted from one man's sinning; for from one sinner came judgment that brought condemnation; but the free gift came after many offences and brought acquittal.

17 For if, because of the offence of one man, death ruled through that one man; how much more will those receiving the overflowing grace, that is, the gift of being considered righteous, rule in life through the one man Yeshua the Messiah!

READ it, there are your answers above...

rossh

My point is that Christ did not finish the Passover Meal in the upper room.... He did not drink the fourth cup.
wow ? and so what does that mean to you then ? He was most likely very worried about being betrayed by one of His own and then being killed by crucifixion,, maybe be an easy ask for you but apparently not so easy for Him ?

Dizerner

wow ? and so what does that mean to you then ? He was most likely very worried about being betrayed by one of His own and then being killed by crucifixion,, maybe be an easy ask for you but apparently not so easy for Him ?

For, I say unto you--In nowise shall I drink henceforth of the fruit of the vine, until, the kingdom of God, shall come. (Luk 22:18 ROT)

rossh