Did Jesus Die To Atone For Judas's Sins Too?

AllOfGrace

Did Jesus Die To Atone For Judas's Sins Too? Did Jesus die for Judas? Could Judas have been saved? Did God love Judas and want him to be saved?

ReverendRV

Read my Gospel Tract...

Fit Man ~ by Reverend RV

Leviticus 16:21 KJV; And Aaron shall lay both his hands upon the head of the live goat, and confess over him all the iniquities of the children of Israel, and all their transgressions in all their sins, putting them upon the head of the goat, and shall send him away by the hand of a fit man into the wilderness:

In the book of Leviticus chapter 16, Moses gives instruction to the Priest who performed the sacrifices made to God on the annual ‘Day of Atonement’ ritual. The Priest first had to make a sacrifice for himself and his family, then he would make the sacrifice for the Nation of Israel with two young goats. The Priest cast Lots in order to determine which goat would be the blood sacrifice and which goat would be the scapegoat. The Priest took the sacrificial goat and killed it on the alter, to shed blood for the remission of Israel’s Sins for that year. After this, the Priest would put both of his hands on the scapegoat and confess the Sins of Israel upon it. Then a fit man would lead the scapegoat and its burden of Sin out of the camp to the wilderness. It would be let loose and sent to desert places far away; never to return but be presented alive to God…

But you ask, “Why the two goats? Didn’t the Priest make Atonement with the sacrificial goat?” The Priest did make Atonement with the sacrificial goat; but he also made atonement with the scapegoat. Leviticus 16:10 says, “But the goat, on which the lot fell to be the scapegoat, shall be presented alive before the LORD, to make an Atonement with him, and to let him go for a scapegoat into the wilderness.” Both goats were needed to make Atonement that day for the nation of Israel; without both, the Atonement would have fallen short. But you ask, “What is all this Atonement business??” ~ God has said that without the shedding of blood there is no remission of Sin. Sin is Transgressing against Gods boundaries where there are signs posted which say ‘No Trespassing’. These no trespassing signs are carved in stone and called the Ten Commandments. Have you ever told a lie? What do you call a person who tells lies? If you call someone a Liar for lying to you, you would be a liar for telling a lie; Quid Pro Quo? That is just one of the Ten Commandments; if there is a God, would you be guilty of Sin? Read the Ten Commandments in Exodus chapter 20 and see how easy it is to break Gods Law. You will need a scapegoat AND a sacrificial lamb to keep you out of Gods prison, which is the fires of Hell…

John the Baptist said that Jesus was the Lamb of God which takes away the Sin of the world. The ‘Day of Atonement’ ritual was symbolic of Jesus in that he fulfilled the requirements of both the young goats. Jesus shed his blood because he was scourged by the Romans nearly to the death. Then he was led out of the city of Jerusalem, led out of the camp, by a fit man. ~ After they had scourged and mocked Jesus, they took the robe off from him, and put his own clothes on him, and led him away to crucify him. And as they came out, they found a man of Cyrene, Simon by name: him they compelled to bear his cross. Simon fulfills the role of the fit man who leads the scapegoat out of Jerusalem to the place of crucifixion. Jesus died that day but he rose from the dead and was presented alive to the LORD. The Bible authenticates itself and it’s trustworthy; Jesus is trustworthy. Place your Faith in him, Repent of your Sins and Confess him as Lord, and God will be pleased to declare you as innocent as a lamb; the lamb of God, Jesus Christ…

1st Timothy 1:15 KJV: This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Last edited:

ReverendRV

I blew it on #2. I should have asked: Did Jesus die for Judas's eternal salvation? Or something like that...in a salvific way.
As Calvinists, there is a lot of wiggle room in the questions to answer yes or no. #2 can rightly be answered with a No; because of God's Providence and Decree...

AllOfGrace

As Calvinists, there is a lot of wiggle room in the questions to answer yes or no. #2 can rightly be answered with a No; because of God's Providence and Decree...
That's a good point. The fact is...there's not always a YES or NO answer for everything. Sometimes its both...and then we have to clarify. A wise teacher once told me that if you want to get the really good answers...you have to ask the really hard questions. Anyhow, There's a lot of questions about the case of Judas that can generate a lot of discussion...and some of them really highlight the amazing and awesome Sovereignty of God. Things like...'Did God merely forsee that Judas would do what He did, and the Priests would do what they did, and the Romans Soldiers would do what they did...and foretell it all? Or did God plan it all to happen like it did and make it happen that way? And of course...how a person answers those questions reveals a lot about what they believe about who God is and how He works.

Our Lord's God

Did Jesus Die To Atone For Judas's Sins Too? Did Jesus die for Judas? Could Judas have been saved? Did God love Judas and want him to be saved?

You won't find answers to questions based on false premises.

God delivered Israel out of bondage in Egypt through Moses. They had to walk to the promised land. God made a way; they had to travel the way.

Now see if you can understand how God did the same sort of thing through Jesus. It too is a walk. The way is narrow that leads to life and few find it.

AllOfGrace

It's a twisted and demonic doctrine that God specifically makes things for an evil purpose.
I never said that He does or even suggested it.
Of course he did.

Jesus told Judas his name was written in heaven, that there was a throne waiting for him there, and anointed him to do miracles and preach the Gospel message that he takes away the sins of the whole world. Jesus warned Judas that his betrayal would bring him irreparable harm.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this. I For me, I have absolutely no doubt that Jesus loved Judas, and that it hurt Jesus heart when Judas betrayed him. I can’t wrap my head around the fact that Jesus knew that Judas would never really believe in Him, but was going betray him and be eternally lost from the moment He started following Him...yet He loved him and treated him with dignity and respect all along the way. In fact, even up to the night he was betrayed by Judas...none of the disciples knew who this mystery betrayer among them was going to be.

T

TomFL

Jesus died for Judas

Luke 22:13-20 (KJV)
13 And they went, and found as he had said unto them: and they made ready the passover.
14 And when the hour was come, he sat down, and the twelve apostles with him.
15 And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer:
16 For I say unto you, I will not any more eat thereof, until it be fulfilled in the kingdom of God.
17 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and said, Take this, and divide it among yourselves:
18 For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come.
19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.
20 Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

AllOfGrace

Jesus died for Judas

13 And they went, and found as he had said unto them: and they made ready the passover.
15 And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer:
16 For I say unto you, I will not any more eat thereof, until it be fulfilled in the kingdom of God.
17 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and said, Take this, and divide it among yourselves:
18 For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come.
19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.
20 Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.
That’s a really good answer there. Thanks for sharing! Yeah...that passage in the context of questions about Judas...provides a lot of food for thought

ReverendRV

Jesus died for Judas

That's your best argument yet...

T

TomFL

That’s a really good answer there. Thanks for sharing! Yeah...that passage in the context of questions about Judas...provides a lot of food for thought
You are welcome

Thank you for the kind words

AllOfGrace

You are welcome

Thank you for the kind words
You’re welcome! So...in light of that passage, I think you can make a pretty strong argument that Jesus died even for those whom He knew would reject Him. In other words...the Atonement is Sufficient for all...but Efficient only for those who believe. That’s a position that many 4 point Calvinists hold.