Did Jesus really fulfill all of the laws???

proto-Hebrew is among the oldest Alphabet
some say it's Phoenician first, but they are identical and most likely the other way around

Nope. Sure, the earliest form of the modern ALPHABET (key word: alphabet) was likely created by phoenician slaves converting egyptian heiroglyphs into sounds. Because it was easier to learn than heiroglyphs and cuneform then Greece adopted the alphabet. It became common after that. But long BEFORE the alphabet, (thousands of years) the civilized world wrote in cuneform and heiroglyphs.

Nope. Sure, the earliest form of the modern ALPHABET (key word: alphabet) was likely created by phoenician slaves converting egyptian heiroglyphs into sounds. Because it was easier to learn than heiroglyphs and cuneform then Greece adopted the alphabet. It became common after that. But long BEFORE the alphabet, (thousands of years) the civilized world wrote in cuneform and heiroglyphs.
Enoch was the first scribe IMO
taught by Angels

That's Paul's summary of the Law. He left out the part about loving the Lord.

According to Jesus, the Law was based on not one, but TWO commandments:

And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.” (Matthew 22:37-40)

Agreed. I didn’t mention the second one because that is universally accepted. I didn’t see a need to mention it to a Jewish audience.

That doesn't mean the other laws have been abrogated. Rather, obeying the Law fulfills the 2 commandments of "Love God" and "love your neighbor".

Because if you love God, you will do what God's Law tells you to do for God.
That is you reading into the scriptures what you want to believe. Nobody but Juju wants to start sacrificing animals on altars of stone anymore.

And if you love your neighbor, you will do what God's Law tells you to do for your neighbor.
Right, that would be the sum of the whole law: do good to your neighbor.

Agreed. I didn’t mention the second one because that is universally accepted. I didn’t see a need to mention it to a Jewish audience.
Not everyone is a Jew here. Skorpion isnt.

That is you reading into the scriptures what you want to believe. Nobody but Juju wants to start sacrificing animals on altars of stone anymore.
It's not a matter of what we want. It's what God commands.

Right, that would be the sum of the whole law: do good to your neighbor.
You still need the details.

"Enoch" is a cool book
ch ch check it out
I like it too. It was considered scripture by Jewish-Christians around the beginning of our common era. But like a lot of scripture it was intended to be allegorized, not taken literally. Sorry, its just the way it is.

I like it too. It was considered scripture by Jewish-Christians around the beginning of our common era. But like a lot of scripture it was intended to be allegorized, not taken literally. Sorry, its just the way it is.
it is funny because it specifically says it is not to be added to the canon that would follow
it was preserved by those who...put it in their canons

yr right tho
it seemed to be popular with certain Christian and earlier Jews

He also commands killing homosexuals and stoning women to death for adultery. Do you think we should do that too?
If we could. But that requires a Sanhedrin court, valid witnesses, etc. Adultery involves two partners.

Nope. I only need to grow a moral consciousness. That is all the details I need to be a good person.
Define good person. Do you have a subjective or unanimous answer for all?

it is funny because it specifically says it is not to be added to the canon that would follow
it was preserved by those who...put it in their canons

yr right tho
it seemed to be popular with certain Christian and earlier Jews
There is a lot of apocrypha which was considered scripture back then but withheld from the public because it needed interpretation. It is amazing how much there is if one looks for it. Apocrypha does not mean bad or heretical but esoteric, for a closed audience.

Shame on you but not surprising.
So, you think adultery, homosexuality, idolatry, etc., is moral?

Somebody who does not think we should kill homosexuals or stone woman or sacrifice animals on a stone altar.
That's a definition? The problem is that if you want to abide by the laws of a nation, like Israel, docphin5, you as an outsider don't get to decide what is moral or not. Your opinion is irrelevant.

So, you think adultery, homosexuality, idolatry, etc., is moral?
I see nothing inherently immoral with homosexuals living as life partners just as heterosexuals do. Adultery is bad for everyone, but the solution is not stoning people but honoring those who set the example. Emphasize its importance for social stability and benefits for children to have both parents. iOW, the solution is not black and white but a mixture of measures to persuade people to do what is morally good, just, and right.
That's a definition? The problem is that if you want to abide by the laws of a nation, like Israel, docphin5, you as an outsider don't get to decide what is moral or not. Your opinion is irrelevant.
I do not expect the nation Israel to ever adopt stoning as a form of punishment or perform animal sacrifices again in a rebuilt Temple. I will bet you a hundred dollars over it. Your religious views wanting to kill homosexuals, sacrifice animals, and stone women again, is an extreme, marginal one. The rest of us would never let you get away with it. I perceive Israel as more civilized than that.

Last edited:
I see nothing inherently immoral with homosexuals living as life partners just as heterosexuals do. Adultery is bad for everyone, but the solution is not stoning people but honoring those who set the example. Emphasize its importance for social stability and benefits for children to have both parents. iOW, the solution is not black and white but a mixture of measures to persuade people to do what is morally good, just, and right.
So your morals are different than mine. We'll leave it at that.

I do not expect the nation Israel to ever adopt stoning as a form of punishment or perform animal sacrifices again in a rebuilt Temple. I will bet you a hundred dollars over it.
Well, according to Tanakh prophecies you're wrong already.

Your religious views wanting to kill homosexuals, sacrifice animals, and stone women again, is an extreme, marginal one.
I didn't say I wanted to bring sacrifices, but it is commanded for certain sins.

The rest of us would never let you get away with it.
That's funny. Muslim countries, etc., execute homosexuals, adulterers, etc. Have you done anything to stop them?

Stop speaking silliness.

So your morals are different than mine. We'll leave it at that.

Well, according to Tanakh prophecies you're wrong already.
According to the Tanakh, Israel entered the “promised land” which has actually been ruled by foreigners most of the time since they allegedly entered into it. Not much of a land for milk and honey, is it? More like a stone around their neck.

I didn't say I wanted to bring sacrifices, but it is commanded for certain sins.

That's funny. Muslim countries, etc., execute homosexuals, adulterers, etc. Have you done anything to stop them?

Stop speaking silliness.
Yeah, I know that but Israel is more westernized than strict Muslim countries like Saudi Arabia or Iran. So I would hope the more civilized, rational people living in Israel would never allow the fringe religious people (like yourself) to start stoning people or estabish animal sacrifices. I guess it is possible.

Are they stoning people in the more liberal Muslim countries, like Qatar, Jordan, Lebanon?

Back