Did Jesus rise from the dead in the same body He died in?

Redeemed

Well... Yes siree bob He sure did! It was the same body but it was also a glorified body. How do know? Because the Bible tells me so. The Bible teaches me that when He was raised physically, His body was a glorified body. He had the the same body, but it was different. Here's how the Bible explains that:

"So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown a perishable body, it is raised an imperishable body; it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body." 1 Corinthians15:42-44

I believe the physical resurrection of Jesus is a very important doctrine. Why because the Bible tells me so.

"and if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is vain, your faith also is vain." 1 Corinthians 15:14

Let me unpack that a bit. The fact is, apart from Christ’s bodily resurrection, we have no Savior, no salvation, and no hope of eternal life. As the apostle Paul said, our faith would be “useless” and the life-giving power of the gospel would be altogether eliminated.

So it's really important for us to know that the physical resurrection of Jesus that death has been conquered and that we too as Christians will be physically resurrected. If we deny that and say that Jesus did not raise from the dead we are saying that death had victory over Him. But heaven forbid if that were the case we Christians would be without hope, and sin and death would still have power over us. But thanks be to Jesus that's not the case.

Another point to make here is the fact that the bodily resurrection of Jesus affirmed and proved the divine nature of Jesus. If God is eternal, then He cannot die. If Jesus was dead and remained dead, then He could not be God. His bodily resurrection proved He was more than a man; Jesus is the God-man, or God in human form. That's my King, do you know Him?

Other interesting facts about Jesus' resurrected and glorified body is that:
  • He could consume food (Luke 24:41-43; John 21:12-15a),
  • He could materialize and vanish (John 20:19-20; Luke 24:36-39; John 20:26; Luke 24:30-31)
  • He could be touched (Luke 24:38-40; John 20:24-28; Matthew 28:1; 8-10; John 20:17)
And..."We know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is." (1 John 3:2)

Another point to make here is the fact that the bodily resurrection of Jesus affirmed and proved the divine nature of Jesus. If God is eternal, then He cannot die. If Jesus was dead and remained dead, then He could not be God. His bodily resurrection proved He was more than a man; Jesus is the God-man, or God in human form. That's my King, do you know Him?

According to the doctrine of the Trinity, why does Jesus' resurrection prove the divine nature of Jesus?

According to the doctrine of the Trinity, "what he was, he remained" and then "human nature was assumed". (Catholic Catechism 469-470)

So according to the doctrine of the Trinity, only the human nature of Jesus died. So only his human nature was resurrected.

In other words, according to the doctrine of the Trinity, the human nature of Jesus was resurrected just like the Lazarus' human nature was resurrected.

So explain WHY "if Jesus was dead and remained dead, then He could not be God". Since he would still be the second Person of the Trinity just as before "human nature was assumed" (according to the doctrine of the Trinity).

Here is my answer to the question of this thread... Did Jesus rise from the dead in the same body He died in?

No. Jesus rose from the dead in the same body that he wrestled Jacob with, that he walked with Adam with, etc.

I believe Jesus had the same body he has now up until he "made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men"...

Philippians 2:6-8... Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Here is an overview of what I believe...

For this creation, YHWH God (the only one who transcends all creations) determined to create a universe with a kingdom of redeemed humans (living souls) for his glory where he would reign as a living soul himself. The Scriptures describe how God would accomplish his plan. In an instant, transcendent God (called God the Father) created the supernatural and space-time of this universe and also became immanent as a spirit (called the Spirit of God) and in the form of a living soul (called the Word of God) with a glorious body. God the Father then created all things within the universe by the power of the Spirit of God commanded by the Word of God. But whereas God created a human spirit and soul for each of us, God himself as the Word became the human spirit and soul of Jesus. At his conception, Jesus' glorious body was changed to a mortal body to be made like us so he could make reconciliation for our sins. At his resurrection, Jesus' mortal body was changed back to a glorious body and he will also give each of his elect a glorious body when he returns to reign in his kingdom forever.

According to the doctrine of the Trinity, why does Jesus' resurrection prove the divine nature of Jesus?

According to the doctrine of the Trinity, "what he was, he remained" and then "human nature was assumed". (Catholic Catechism 469-470)

So according to the doctrine of the Trinity, only the human nature of Jesus died. So only his human nature was resurrected.

In other words, according to the doctrine of the Trinity, the human nature of Jesus was resurrected just like the Lazarus' human nature was resurrected.

So explain WHY "if Jesus was dead and remained dead, then He could not be God". Since he would still be the second Person of the Trinity just as before "human nature was assumed" (according to the doctrine of the Trinity).

Here is my answer to the question of this thread... Did Jesus rise from the dead in the same body He died in?

No. Jesus rose from the dead in the same body that he wrestled Jacob with, that he walked with Adam with, etc.

I believe Jesus had the same body he has now up until he "made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men"...

Philippians 2:6-8... Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Here is an overview of what I believe...

For this creation, YHWH God (the only one who transcends all creations) determined to create a universe with a kingdom of redeemed humans (living souls) for his glory where he would reign as a living soul himself. The Scriptures describe how God would accomplish his plan. In an instant, transcendent God (called God the Father) created the supernatural and space-time of this universe and also became immanent as a spirit (called the Spirit of God) and in the form of a living soul (called the Word of God) with a glorious body. God the Father then created all things within the universe by the power of the Spirit of God commanded by the Word of God. But whereas God created a human spirit and soul for each of us, God himself as the Word became the human spirit and soul of Jesus. At his conception, Jesus' glorious body was changed to a mortal body to be made like us so he could make reconciliation for our sins. At his resurrection, Jesus' mortal body was changed back to a glorious body and he will also give each of his elect a glorious body when he returns to reign in his kingdom forever.
The resurrection of the Christ, BTW is Gods anointing, is in you, or is supposed to be resurrected in you. Christ is not a man but the disposition of the man anointed of God.

Well... Yes siree bob He sure did! It was the same body but it was also a glorified body. How do know? Because the Bible tells me so. The Bible teaches me that when He was raised physically, His body was a glorified body. He had the the same body, but it was different. Here's how the Bible explains that:
in appearance, YES, but not in substance. a glorified body is not the same as the NATURAL BODY in substance.
:ninja:

in appearance, YES, but not in substance. a glorified body is not the same as the NATURAL BODY in substance.
:ninja:
Amen, Jesus was very clear in this in Luke 17:20-21, the kingdom of God doesnt come with observation, it is within you. Some see what Jesus stated as empty gnosticism.

Amen, Jesus was very clear in this in Luke 17:20-21, the kingdom of God doesnt come with observation, it is within you. Some see what Jesus stated as empty gnosticism.
You have a knack for twisting things. Some realize that outside of faith in Jesus Christ your gnostic dung will perish with you.
Whatever is not from faith is sin. "Present to them my offering of atonement to turn them from the power of Satan to the power of God. So that they are granted a place among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.” Acts 26:18

Last edited:
The resurrection of the Christ, BTW is Gods anointing, is in you, or is supposed to be resurrected in you. Christ is not a man but the disposition of the man anointed of God.
Some of you anti's make me laugh. The question was asking "

Did Jesus rise from the dead in the same body He died in?​

So did He? Of course, why do you think Jesus ask Thomas at John 20:27, "Reach your finger, and see My hands, and reach here your hand, and put it into My side; and be not unbelieving, but believing Gary Mac." John 20:27

So what was Thomas' response at John 20:28? " The Lord of me and the God of me." Wake up Gary Mac.

IN GOD THE SON,
james

You have a knack for twisting things. Some realize that outside of faith in Jesus Christ your gnostic dung will perish with you.
Whatever is not from faith is sin. "Present to them my offering of atonement to turn them from the power of Satan to the power of God. So that they are granted a place among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.” Acts 26:18
What you really mean is I have knack for telling His truths just as Jesus did. Only because He is gnostic for you, you have a knack for twisting His ways is all.

He died alright, but for most he is not risen. These are waiting for 2000 years for a man to come as a god and save them LOL. The Hebrew in bondage did the very same thing, waiting for a messiah and when God sent one, as Gods anointedMoses, only two out of a million plus entered into His.

How can you say he is risen if he is not? He is risen in me.
So did He? Of course, why do you think Jesus ask Thomas at John 20:27, "Reach your finger, and see My hands, and reach here your hand, and put it into My side; and be not unbelieving, but believing Gary Mac." John 20:27
He is asking you the same thing. Put your finger in the holes in his hands and side. You cant do it no more than Thomas could or anyone else. What Jesus did tell Thomas that Spirit, and mind you God is a Spirit, doesnt have flesh and bone as you see me.

You take completely out of context the spiritual connotation that Jesus presents of the Father.

Christ is not risen for you, you hold Christ in a grave yet to come, just as Thomas didnt believe he is come either.
So what was Thomas' response at John 20:28? " The Lord of me and the God of me." Wake up Gary Mac.
Thomas response was the same on I had when I saw Him as He is. My Lord and my God how did I miss you all that time.

Fact is He is at your door knocking, and any man who will let Him in, He will come to you and sup with you and be in you, but because he is not risen and you hold him in a grave to come someday, you do without.

Rev 3:20 “Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.”

The kingdom of God dent come with observation as you seek a physical god to come out from a grave LOL, it is within you. See Jesus in Luke 17:20-21 that obviously you do not believe him at all in that.

You just dont believe a word for what is written is all.

IN GOD THE SON,
james
Amen I am His son. you are supposed to be as well.

IN GOD THE SON,
james
Amen

He died alright, but for most he is not risen. These are waiting for 2000 years for a man to come as a god and save them LOL. The Hebrew in bondage did the very same thing, waiting for a messiah and when God sent one, as Gods anointedMoses, only two out of a million plus entered into His.

How can you say he is risen if he is not? He is risen in me.

He is asking you the same thing. Put your finger in the holes in his hands and side. You cant do it no more than Thomas could or anyone else. What Jesus did tell Thomas that Spirit, and mind you God is a Spirit, doesnt have flesh and bone as you see me.

You take completely out of context the spiritual connotation that Jesus presents of the Father.

Christ is not risen for you, you hold Christ in a grave yet to come, just as Thomas didnt believe he is come either.

Thomas response was the same on I had when I saw Him as He is. My Lord and my God how did I miss you all that time.

Fact is He is at your door knocking, and any man who will let Him in, He will come to you and sup with you and be in you, but because he is not risen and you hold him in a grave to come someday, you do without.

Rev 3:20 “Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.”

The kingdom of God dent come with observation as you seek a physical god to come out from a grave LOL, it is within you. See Jesus in Luke 17:20-21 that obviously you do not believe him at all in that.

You just dont believe a word for what is written is all.

Amen I am His son. you are supposed to be as well.

Amen that he is not risen because you are waiting for him to come out from that grave someday and save you?
You are saying the opposite of the truth Gary . He was raised bodily and is still the son of man . A human with a body, soul and spirit . He is forever both God and man , human and Divine having a glorified human body of flesh and bones as He declared to His disciples. Matt 24:39.

So Gary Mac who am I suppose to believe on this subject? You said Jesus has not risen. The Apostle Mark at Mark 16:9 said, "Now after He had RISEN early on the first day of the week. He first appeared to Mary Magdalene, from whom He had cast out seven demons,"

Do you really want me to make that choice? I rather believe in a "demon-less" Mary Magdalene and the Apostle Mark than you.

IN THE RISEN JESUS CHRIST,
james

You are saying the opposite of the truth Gary . He was raised bodily and is still the son of man . A human with a body, soul and spirit . He is forever both God and man , human and Divine having a glorified human body of flesh and bones as He declared to His disciples. Matt 24:39.
https://biblehub.com/greek/1717.htm
see Acts 10

IN GOD THE SON,
james
“My Lord and my God!” this is end of the story but it began in ch14 when Jesus said "7If you had known me, you would have known my Father also. From now on you do know him and have seen him.” Thomas knew now, Jesus is Lord sent by the Father.

JonHawk said:
What you really mean is I have knack for telling His truths just as Jesus did. Only because He is gnostic for you, you have a knack for twisting His ways is all.
You have a knack for running amok in your wicked gnostic teaching.
Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not welcome them as a brother in Christ. Anyone who welcomes them shares in their wicked work.

Back