Did Jesus teach he was GOD himself?

Although it never is explicitly stated except in some texual variations, I believe he did and let me give you seven reasons why.

1. A mere creation cannot have eternally co-existed with God.

And Jesus didn't. Yes, I know why you mistakenly think he did.

2. A mere creation cannot have co-created the world.

And Jesus didn't. And yes, I know why you mistakenly think he did.

3. A mere creation cannot be enough to atone for an infinite crime against holiness.

Man made myth. God sent Jesus. What God provides is more than enough.

4. A mere creation cannot contain the principle of life itself inside it.

He can if God gave it to him. And that is what your Bible says happened.

5. A mere creation cannot destroy the power of death itself.

He didn't. His God did when He raised him from the dead. Jesus now lives not by his own power but by the power of God. See your own Bible

6. A mere creation cannot receive worship from every created thing.

This is another man made myth. Proskyneo worship is given by all sorts of men to all sorts of other men in the Scriptures. This word refers to a subjection to a higher authority not an act only due to God. The latter is an invention of men you gullibly bought.

7. A mere creation cannot hold all authority in heaven and earth.

He was GIVEN all authority in heaven and earth. God doesn't need to be given His own authority.

I believe we can find ample Scriptural evidence to support the above 7 points in both Paul and the rest of Scripture. Also when certain verses began to make me feel unsure of this, I have prayed about this directly to God for many years and received personal confirmation that this is the truth.

So the question may well then be asked, "Why isn't it stated more clearly?"

Because its a man made lie. The Trinity is the product of men, a creation of their own imaginations. The only true God is Jesus Christ's God and his God is not a Trinity. There is no escaping this simple fact. But you can resort to mental gymnastics and the insanity of self confusion if you like.

That's a good questions and I give a couple of reasons.

1. It is not a doctrine essential to salvation. It is very clear the 12 disciples during Christ's earthly minister did not at all fully realize who he was, and simply had a bare faith that he was a Savior, yet Jesus clearly says they were currently saved with their names written in heaven.

2. It is the "glory of kings to search out a matter" and all doctrine doesn't come by intellectually parsing the words of Scripture, but by direct revelation from God, as Jesus said "flesh and blood did not reveal this to you Peter."

In light of this, I invite you to continue on your journey with a sincere heart towards God and fervent prayer, and am confident that in the end, if we continue and do not quit with a true humble and teachable heart, the Spirit of God will always eventually get us to true beliefs.

God bless you!

But there is only ONE God. And your God was/is not his God.

So then your "God" is a man made idol and you are an idolater.
This is Jesus -
1¶In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

So the WORD is an idol to you.

5And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

You can't comprehend.

I am NOT Jesus Christ, thus I need The Triune God.
He did NOT.
Scriptures have never taught anything, like a triune god... there is no triune god in Heaven ... God has a flesh and blood SON named Yeshua who does not have the sin nature of mankind, which we all have as Adam proved to be imperfect and sinful.

Gen 3:10 11 12, " who told you that you are naked ? "
Rev 12,,
Ro 3:
10 As the Tanakh puts it, "There is no one righteous, not even one! No one understands,

11 no one seeks God,

12 all have turned away and at the same time become useless; there is no one who shows kindness, not a single one!

13 "Their throats are open graves, they use their tongues to deceive. Vipers' venom is under their lips.

14 Their mouths are full of curses and bitterness.

15 "Their feet rush to shed blood,

16 in their ways are ruin and misery,

Scriptures have never taught anything, like a triune god... there is no triune god in Heaven ... God has a flesh and blood SON named Yeshua who does not have the sin nature of mankind, which we all have as Adam proved to be imperfect and sinful.

Rev 12,,
Ro 3:
10 As the Tanakh puts it, "There is no one righteous, not even one! No one understands,

11 no one seeks God,

12 all have turned away and at the same time become useless; there is no one who shows kindness, not a single one!

13 "Their throats are open graves, they use their tongues to deceive. Vipers' venom is under their lips.

God has a DIVINE Son who BECAME flesh and blood AS Jesus Christ.

This is Jesus -
1¶In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

So the WORD is an idol to you.

5And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

You can't comprehend.

So then you insist upon having a God which is not the Lord's God?

Amen! Matthew 1: we do not have to guess nor speculate it is right there in Gods Own Word..

18 Here is how the birth of Yeshua the Messiah took place... When his mother Miryam was engaged to Yosef, before they were married, she was found to be pregnant from the Ruach HaKodesh.

Her husband-to-be, Yosef, was a man who did what was right; so he made plans to break the engagement quietly, rather than put her to public shame.

20 But while he was thinking about this, an angel of ADONAI appeared to him in a dream and said, "Yosef, son of David, do not be afraid to take Miryam home with you as your wife; for what has been conceived in her is from the Ruach HaKodesh.

21 She will give birth to a son, and you are to name him Yeshua, [which means `ADONAI saves,'] because he will save his people from their sins."

All this happened in order to fulfill what ADONAI had said through the prophet,

23 "The virgin will conceive and bear a son, and they will call him `Immanu El."a (The name means, "God is with us.")

24 When Yosef awoke he did what the angel of ADONAI had told him to do -- he took Miryam home to be his wife,

25 but he did not have sexual relations with her until she had given birth to a son, and he named him Yeshua.

Really, it is not hard to understand, not for us anyway..

Yes, how ever the definition is found in both Matthew 1 from verse 18 and also Isa 46:
8 Remember this, and stand firm. Keep it in mind, you rebels.

9 "Remember things that happened at the beginning, long ago - that I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me.

10 At the beginning I announce the end, proclaim in advance things not yet done; and I say that my plan will hold, I will do everything I please to do.

11 I call a bird of prey from the east, the man I intended, from a distant country. I have spoken and will bring it about; I have made a plan, and I will fulfill it.

12 Listen to me, you stubborn people, so far from righteousness:

13 I am bringing my justice nearer, it is not far away; my salvation will not be delayed, I will place my salvation in Tziyon for Isra'el my glory.

His Name is Yeshua Matt 1, NOT Jesus, also Hebrew has no " Jj " ..

Matt 1:
h.

21 She will give birth to a son, and you are to name him Yeshua, [which means `ADONAI saves,'] because he will save his people from their sins."

22 All this happened in order to fulfill what ADONAI had said through the prophet,

23 "The virgin will conceive and bear a son, and they will call him `Immanu El."a (The name means, "God is with us.")

24 When Yosef awoke he did what the angel of ADONAI had told him to do -- he took Miryam home to be his wife,

25 but he did not have sexual relations with her until she had given birth to a son, and he named him Yeshua.

Rev 12,,
Ro 3:
11 no one seeks God,
Anti-Trinitarians endlessly squabble and bicker about words, used by Trinitarians, trying to express the nature of God, as revealed in scripture, e.g. Trinity,””triune,””person,""being,""entity,""substance,""essence,"”nature,””who," Hypostatic union," etc., etc., All words are inherently finite and imperfect, therefore these words, and/or any other words, are totally inadequate to describe God, the infinite, perfect, omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent. But the fact that human words are finite, limited and imperfect does not prove or disprove anything about the doctrine of the Trinity.
Here yet again scriptural truths I have posted before, without any so-called unscriptural words or man made doctrines.
1. There is one God! The Father is called/referred to as God, in scripture, but the Father is not the Son or the Spirit. Numerous vss. e.g., John 6:27, Gal 1:1, Gal 1:3, Eph 6:23, Philippians 2:11, 1 Thess 1:1, 2 Tim 1:2, Titus 1:4, 1 Peter 1:2, 2 Peter 1:17 et. al.
2. There is one God! The Son is called/referred to as God, in scripture, but the Son is not the Father or the Holy Spirit. Thirty six (36) scripture which address or refer to Jesus as God.
[1] Mat 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
[2]Isaiah 7:14
14 Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.
[3]Luk 7:16 And there came a fear on all: and they glorified God, saying, That a great prophet is risen up among us; and, That God hath visited his people.
[4] Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
[5] Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
[6] Joh 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him[God created the world, Gen 1:1], and the world knew him not.
[7] Joh 1:14 And the Word [acting on Himself] became flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
[8] Joh 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten God, μονογενὴς θεὸς ] which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.
[9] John 10:30 I and my Father are one.
[10] Joh 10:33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. [Jewish leaders speaking]
[11] Joh 5:18
Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.[John speaking]
[12] Joh 8:58
Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, [Amen, Amen] I say unto you, before Abraham was, I am [ אהיה/ehyeh, I am, Ex 3:14].
[13] John 12:41 These things said Esaias, when he saw his [Jesus] glory, and spake of him[יהוה/YHWH, Isa 6:1ff].
Isa 6:1 In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple​
[14] Joh 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
[15] Joh 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was[Jesus was aware of His existence,with God, before the world was created.].
[16] Joh 17:10 And all mine are thine, and thine are mine[Everything that belongs to the Father belongs to Jesus]; and I am glorified in them.
[17] Joh 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, [Jesus] My Lord and my God. [Thomas addressed Jesus as God and Jesus praised him.]
[18] Act 20:28
Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

[Character limit. Continued next post]​

[Previous post continued]

[19] Rom 9:5 Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever[Jesus called God]. Amen.
[20] 2 Cor 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
[21] Col 1:14
In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
[22] Col 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
[23] Eph 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
[24] Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
[25] Heb 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever[God calls the Son, God]: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:
11 They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;
12 And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.
[26] Heb 3:3 For this man was counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch as he who hath builded the house hath more honour than the house.
4 For every house is builded by some man; but he that built all things is God.
[27] Phi 2:6 Who, being [existing] in the form of God, thought it not something to be used to His advantage the being[present, active infinitive] equal with God:[The being equal to God was a then and there reality not something considered and declined.]
[28] 1 Tim 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh[Jesus called God], is justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
[29] 1 Tim 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the commandment of God our Saviour, and Lord Jesus Christ[Jesus called God], which is our hope;
.....[If Jesus is not God and savior in vs,1 He is not Lord and savior in vs. 11. Same grammatical construction]
[30] 1 Tim 6:15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;[The lamb is king of kings, Rev 17:14, Jesus is king of kings, Rev 19:16, God is Lord of Lords Deu 10:17]
[31] Tit 2:13
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ[Jesus called God];
14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
[32] 2 Pet 1:1 Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ[Jesus called God]:
[33] 1 John 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life[Jesus called God].
[34] Rev 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings[יהוה/YHWH, Deu 10:17]: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.
[35] Rev 19:16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS[יהוה/YHWH, Deu 10:17].
[36] Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be[יהוה/YHWH, Isa 40:10].
13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.[יהוה/YHWH, Isa 44:6]

well yes, in a way even, though He died for us mortals and He died as a human being so that we could be saved from eternal death/separation from our God..
A mere human being could not save anyone from eternal punishment [see Matt 25:46]
Psalms 49:7-9
7 (49:8) No man can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him -
8 (49:9) For too costly is the redemption of their soul, and must be let alone for ever -
9 (49:10) That he should still live alway, that he should not see the pit.​
This verse is from the 1917 Jewish Publication Society translation of the OT.

A mere human being could not save anyone from eternal punishment [see Matt 25:46]
Psalms 49:7-9​
7 (49:8) No man can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him -​
8 (49:9) For too costly is the redemption of their soul, and must be let alone for ever -​
9 (49:10) That he should still live alway, that he should not see the pit.​
This verse is from the 1917 Jewish Publication Society translation of the OT.
Well He did, He suffered for our healing and died in our stated no matter how YOU look at it. Romans 5:9+
We also have to confess Him verbally as Lord and Messiah publicly and or to out congregation at some time also in Romans.
HELLO!!! WE ARE NOW IN THE NT SINCE HIS CONCEPTION AND BIRTH... Why quote passage intended to Israel alone and then use them to us Messianic believers ? Romans 10:9+

Anti-Trinitarians endlessly squabble and bicker about words, used by Trinitarians, trying to express the nature of God, as revealed in scripture, e.g. Trinity,””triune,””person,""being,""entity,""substance,""essence,"”nature,””who," Hypostatic union," etc., etc., All words are inherently finite and imperfect, therefore these words, and/or any other words, are totally inadequate to describe God, the infinite, perfect, omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent. But the fact that human words are finite, limited and imperfect does not prove or disprove anything about the doctrine of the Trinity.
Here yet again scriptural truths I have posted before, without any so-called unscriptural words or man made doctrines.
1. There is one God! The Father is called/referred to as God, in scripture, but the Father is not the Son or the Spirit. Numerous vss. e.g., John 6:27, Gal 1:1, Gal 1:3, Eph 6:23, Philippians 2:11, 1 Thess 1:1, 2 Tim 1:2, Titus 1:4, 1 Peter 1:2, 2 Peter 1:17 et. al.
2. There is one God! The Son is called/referred to as God, in scripture, but the Son is not the Father or the Holy Spirit. Thirty six (36) scripture which address or refer to Jesus as God.
[1] Mat 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.​
[2]Isaiah 7:14
14 Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.

[3]Luk 7:16 And there came a fear on all: and they glorified God, saying, That a great prophet is risen up among us; and, That God hath visited his people.​
[4] Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.​
[5] Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.​
[6] Joh 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him[God created the world, Gen 1:1], and the world knew him not.​
[7] Joh 1:14 And the Word [acting on Himself] became flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.​
[8] Joh 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten God, μονογενὴς θεὸς ] which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.​
[9] John 10:30 I and my Father are one.​
[10] Joh 10:33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. [Jewish leaders speaking]
[11] Joh 5:18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.[John speaking]
[12] Joh 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, [Amen, Amen] I say unto you, before Abraham was, I am [ אהיה/ehyeh, I am, Ex 3:14].​
[13] John 12:41 These things said Esaias, when he saw his [Jesus] glory, and spake of him[יהוה/YHWH, Isa 6:1ff].​
Isa 6:1 In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple​

[14] Joh 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?​
[15] Joh 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was[Jesus was aware of His existence,with God, before the world was created.].​
[16] Joh 17:10 And all mine are thine, and thine are mine[Everything that belongs to the Father belongs to Jesus]; and I am glorified in them.​
[17] Joh 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, [Jesus] My Lord and my God. [Thomas addressed Jesus as God and Jesus praised him.]
[18] Act 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
[Character limit. Continued next post]​
why are you trying to have me UNSAVED ? Seriously ??? OT is for Israel ONLY, hint US believers in the One True Messiah were not around then, He had not suffered and not died and not risen from the Dead then. How ever He was foretold many times IN the OT to Israel..

Well He did, He suffered for our healing and died in our stated no matter how YOU look at it. Romans 5:9+
We also have to confess Him verbally as Lord and Messiah publicly and or to out congregation at some time also in Romans.
HELLO!!! WE ARE NOW IN THE NT SINCE HIS CONCEPTION AND BIRTH... Why quote passage intended to Israel alone and then use them to us Messianic believers ? Romans 10:9+
How many times is the OT quoted in the NT as binding on Christians?
The New Testament writers included approximately 250 express Old Testament quotations, and if one includes indirect or partial quotations, the number jumps to more than 1,000 (referring to all OT books except Obadiah)
When was Psalm 49 repealed? It wasn't.
Since Jesus did in fact die for the salvation of all mankind that proves He was not a mere human being. As John and Thomas said.

Back