Did Jesus teach he was GOD himself?

Newbirth

Yes and I see the quoted passage and I already know this, do you have a point or an idea that you wish to impart ?
Yep , the point is Jesus is not God
You post is saying " Your Lord and Savior have a God " ? not very good English but never mind that for now, is this a statement/claim on your part or what is it about ?
It is about Jesus saying he is ascending to his God, and Paul writing about the God and father of Jesus Christ.
Let see now ? oh yes!!
John 20:6 A week later his talmidim were once more in the room, and this time T'oma was with them. Although the doors were locked, Yeshua came, stood among them and said, "Shalom aleikhem!" 27 Then he said to T'oma, "Put your finger here, look at my hands, take your hand and put it into my side. Don't be lacking in trust, but have trust!" 28 T'oma answered him, "My Lord and my God!" 29 Yeshua said to him, "Have you trusted because you have seen me? How blessed are those who do not see, but trust anyway!" 30 In the presence of the talmidim Yeshua performed many other miracles which have not been recorded in this book. 31 But these which have been recorded are here so that you may trust that Yeshua is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by this trust you may have life because of who he is.
Itr clearly states that Jesus is the son of God...In case you missed it I highlighted it for you.
When ever the Hebrews/Israeli made any sacrifice to God. the actual sacrifice had to be pure and without spot of blemish.. The same is demanded of a man being the sacrifice . Herein is the problem. Not one man is pure,, as we are all born with the sin nature of Adam. Yeshua, Gods Son is NOT born of man and has no " sin nature "..
Heb 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
Jesus was a man, not a God, if he was God he could not have died.
1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
Hebrews 2:9
But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.
This passage proves that Jesus was not God or a God-man as some claim...Itsays he was made lower than the angels....

OldShepherd

It is about Jesus saying he is ascending to his God, and Paul writing about the God and father of Jesus Christ.
Itr clearly states that Jesus is the son of God...In case you missed it I highlighted it for you.
Heb 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.
This passage proves that Jesus was not God or a God-man as some claim...Itsays he was made lower than the angels....
As with all heterodox folks you quote 1-2 verses out of context and think you have made your case. What was Jesus before He "was made a little lower than the angels?"
Philippians 2:6-7​
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:​
7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:​
John 1:14​
14 The Word [acting on Himself] became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.​

rossh

you do not quote Scripture/s when you make claims ? He, Yeshua, always speaks of " HIS FATHER " not very often does He say " His God " do you agree ?
So do you truly believe that He has saved us form eternal separation form God or not ? Well ? this is the one and only true purpose of Gods Word/The Bible and Yeshua's birth death and resurrection.

rossh

YES!!! no one is arguing over this. The major issues is that He alone, was the only acceptable Sacrifice for all mankind as He alone IS without sin. YES again He IS the flesh and Blood Son of God. We have already spoken on that.

Newbirth

John said He " was God " the Word and " was with God " ( the Father & Holy Spirit ) in John 1:1 before He became " Flesh " ( incarnate as the God-Man Jesus Christ ) in John 1:14! The doubting Apostle Thomas said this " My Lord and My God " after seeing the resurrected Christ with His crucifixion wounds in John 20:28! So yes they did indeed and the case is closed!
Jesus was made a little lower than the angels... He was not made a God-man ...a God-man would be higher than the angels... Thomas saying My Lord and my God do not make Jesus God...

OldShepherd

Jesus was made a little lower than the angels... He was not made a God-man ...a God-man would be higher than the angels... Thomas saying My Lord and my God do not make Jesus God...
Novatian [A.D. 210-280.] A Treatise of Novatian Concerning the Trinity.Chap. XIII
Moreover, if, whereas it is the property of none but God to know the secrets of the heart, Christ beholds the secrets of the heart; and if, whereas it belongs to none but God to remit sins, the same Christ remits sins; and if, whereas it is the portion of no man to come from heaven, He descended by coming from heaven; and if, whereas this word can be true of no man, “I and the Father are one,” (Joh_10:30) Christ alone declared this word out of the consciousness of His divinity; and if, finally, the Apostle Thomas, instructed in all the proofs and conditions of Christ’s divinity, says in reply to Christ, “My Lord and my God;” (Joh_20:28) and if, besides, the Apostle Paul says, “Whose are the fathers, and of whom Christ came according to the flesh, who is over all, God blessed for evermore,” (Rom_9:5) writing in his epistles; and if the same apostle declares that he was ordained “an apostle not by men, nor of man, but by Jesus Christ;” (Gal_1:1 and Gal_1:12) and if the same contends that he learned the Gospel not from men or by man, but received it from Jesus Christ, reasonably Christ is God. Therefore, in this respect, one of two things must needs be established. For since it is evident that all things were made by Christ, He is either before all things, since all things were by Him, and so He is justly God; or because He is man He is subsequent to all things, and justly nothing was made by Him. But we cannot say that nothing was made by Him, when we observe it written that all things were made by Him. He is not therefore subsequent to all things; that is, He is not man only, who is subsequent to all things, but God also, since God is prior to all things. For He is before all things, because all things are by Him, while if He were only man, nothing would be by Him; or if all things were by Him, He would not be man only, because if He were only man, all things would not be by Him; nay, nothing would be by Him. What, then, do they reply? That nothing is by Him, so that He is man only? How then are all things by Him? Therefore He is not man only, but God also, since all things are by Him; so that we reasonably ought to understand that Christ is not man only, who is subsequent to all things, but God also, since by Him all things were made. For how can you say that He is man only, when you see Him also in the flesh, unless because when both aspects are considered, both truths are rightly believed?
The Epistles of Cyprian [A.D. 200-258.] Epistle LIX.3
2. For inasmuch as the Apostle Paul says again, “Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?” (1Co_3:16) — even although love urged us less to bring help to the brethren, yet in this place we must have considered that it was the temples of God which were taken captive, and that we ought not by long inactivity and neglect of their suffering to allow the temples of God to be long captive, but to strive with what powers we can, and to act quickly by our obedience, to deserve well of Christ our Judge and Lord and God.
A Treatise of Novatian Concerning the Trinity Chap. XVIII
And this is the Word of God. And the Word of God was made flesh, and dwelt among us; and this is Christ. It was not the Father, then, who was a guest with Abraham, but Christ. Nor was it the Father who was seen then, but the Son; and Christ was seen. Rightly, therefore,
Christ is both Lord and God, who was not otherwise seen by Abraham, except that as God the Word He was begotten of God the Father before Abraham himself. Moreover, says the Scripture, the same Angel and God visits and consoles the same Hagar when driven with her son from the dwelling of Abraham.

Newbirth

YES!!! no one is arguing over this. The major issues is that He alone, was the only acceptable Sacrifice for all mankind as He alone IS without sin. YES again He IS the flesh and Blood Son of God. We have already spoken on that.
At the same time, you are liking the posts of those who teach Jesus is God. You liked post#1319...#1295...#1300...#1297...1266 all those imply that Jesus is God.

rossh

At the same time, you are liking the posts of those who teach Jesus is God. You liked post#1319...#1295...#1300...#1297...1266 all those imply that Jesus is God.
TO YOU THEY MAYBE SEEM TO BE SAYING, EVRYTHING/ANYTHING THAT YOU WANT THEM TO SAY, LOL, YESHUA ( at least get His Real Name Right ) never taught that HE is God, He did tell us that God IS His Father,,,
YOU alone demand that the Bible " implies " and or says what ever suits YOU..
Jesus is NOT God so, your deliberate LIES are exposed for what they are,,, lol

rossh

yes, very true BUT,,, He was raised from the dead and only after 3 days..