Did Jesus teach he was GOD himself?

OldShepherd

of course you do.
That does not mean you can understand what you read. I understand the passage, you don't.
What you think is of no consequence, since you lack understanding.
Why did you not address the other part of my response? The angels were part of which creation? Please show in Genesis on what day God created the angels in the creation of this world.
I'm not here to play silly words games with you. If you think I am in error state how or shut up.

Newbirth

I'm not here to play silly words games with you. If you think I am in error state how or shut up.
Apparently, you like playing sill games...for the third time... The angels were part of which creation? Please show in Genesis on what day God created the angels in the creation of this world.

OldShepherd

No, johnny Jesus tells us his father is God, and you refuse to believe it.
Is Jesus God's one and only son in exactly the same way you are the son of your father? When Jesus said that Satan was the father of some of the Jews, was that true in same way that they were sons of their human father?

johnny guitar

Paul did not believe or teach that his God was Jesus Christ. He was Jew just like all first Christians were.

This is what Paul believed and taught:

Romans 3:29 Or is he the God of the Jews only? Is he not also the God of people of the nations? Yes, also of people of the nations. 30 Since God is one, he will declare circumcised people righteous as a result of faith and uncircumcised people righteous by means of their faith.
... 15:5 Now may the God who supplies endurance and comfort grant you to have among yourselves the same mental attitude that Christ Jesus had, 6 so that unitedly you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 8:5 For even though there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth, just as there are many “gods” and many “lords,” 6 there is actually to us one God, the Father, from whom all things are and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are and we through him.
... 15:24 Next, the end, when he hands over the Kingdom to his God and Father, when he has brought to nothing all government and all authority and power. 25 For he must rule as king until God has put all enemies under his feet. 26 And the last enemy, death, is to be brought to nothing. 27 For God “subjected all things under his feet.” But when he says that ‘all things have been subjected,’ it is evident that this does not include the One who subjected all things to him. 28 But when all things will have been subjected to him, then the Son himself will also subject himself to the One who subjected all things to him, that God may be all things to everyone.

2 Corinthians 1:3 Praised be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of tender mercies and the God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our trials so that we may be able to comfort others in any sort of trial with the comfort that we receive from God.
... 11:31 The God and Father of the Lord Jesus, the One who is to be praised forever, knows I am not lying.

Galatians 1:1 Paul, an apostle, neither from men nor through a man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father, who raised him up from the dead (...) 3 May you have undeserved kindness and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. 4 He gave himself for our sins so that he might rescue us from the present wicked system of things according to the will of our God and Father, 5 to whom be the glory forever and ever. Amen.

Ephesians 1:3 Praised be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, for he has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in union with Christ, 4 as he chose us to be in union with him before the founding of the world, that we should be holy and unblemished before him in love. 5 For he foreordained us to be adopted as his own sons through Jesus Christ, according to his good pleasure and will, 6 in praise of his glorious undeserved kindness that he kindly bestowed on us by means of his beloved one. 7 By means of him we have the release by ransom through the blood of that one, yes, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his undeserved kindness.
... 4:4 One body there is, and one spirit, just as you were called to the one hope of your calling; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.
... 5:20 always giving thanks to our God and Father for everything in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
... 6:23 May the brothers have peace and love with faith from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Philippians 2:11 and every tongue should openly acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father.
... 4:19 In turn my God will fully supply all your need according to his riches in glory by means of Christ Jesus. 20 Now to our God and Father be the glory forever and ever. Amen.

Colossians 1:3 We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you,
... 3:17 Whatever it is that you do in word or in deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, thanking God the Father through him.

1 Thessalonians 1:1 Paul, Sil·vaʹnus, and Timothy, to the congregation of the Thes·sa·loʹni·ans in union with God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ: May you have undeserved kindness and peace. 2 We always thank God when we mention all of you in our prayers, 3 for we continually remember your faithful work, your loving labor, and your endurance because of your hope in our Lord Jesus Christ in the presence of our God and Father.
... 3:11 Now may our God and Father himself and our Lord Jesus make a way for us to come to you. 12 Moreover, may the Lord cause you to increase, yes, to abound in love for one another and for all, just as we do for you, 13 so that he may make your hearts firm, blameless in holiness before our God and Father at the presence of our Lord Jesus with all his holy ones.

A true Christian seeks and clings to the truth; he does not fool himself with vain reasoning. Did Paul believe that Jesus Christ was his God?
Yep. He said so in Acts 17:24.

johnny guitar

Sorry again, but that is vain reasoning too.

I can not have a God who I can consider my brother at the same time.
I can not be a son of God and have another Son of God as my God,
and I can not be a son of God if Jesus was God, because Jesus is another (the Most Important) Son of God,
so I can only be his brother, while my Father is his own Father too.

Should I stop believing Jesus teachings and normal reasoning to start following your own reasoning instead?
Jesus Christ is The ONE and ONLY Son of God.
Another son of God????From where do you derive this trash???

Newbirth

Is Jesus God's one and only son in exactly the same way you are the son of your father?
Did I make that claim somewhere? What does my father have to do with anything here?
When Jesus said that Satan was the father of some of the Jews, was that true in same way that they were sons of their human father?
Did I make that claim somewhere?
Please explain what that has to do with Jesus saying God is his father?
Luke 1:35
And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
Since Mary said she had not known a man, who do you suppose is Jesus Father?
26 And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,
27 To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.
28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
29 And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.
30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.
32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?

johnny guitar

Did I make that claim somewhere? What does my father have to do with anything here?

Please explain what that has to do with Jesus saying God is his father?
Luke 1:35
And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
Since Mary said she had not known a man, who do you suppose is Jesus Father?
26 And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,
27 To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.
28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
29 And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.
30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.
32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
Jesus' Father is God.
What else is new???

Yahweh will increase

Is Jesus God's one and only son in exactly the same way you are the son of your father? When Jesus said that Satan was the father of some of the Jews, was that true in same way that they were sons of their human father?
Is the Father The Only True God in the same way as Jesus is The Only Begotten Son of God?

Can there be another Only Begotten Son besides Jesus and if not, what does that tell you about the Father being The Only True God as per Jesus in John 17:3?

OldShepherd

Surely you can not be so lacking in understanding that you cannot comprehend the purpose of my question? If the first part of the question offends you so much perhaps you might ignore the first part of the question and answer the second part. "When Jesus said that Satan was the father of some of the Jews, was that true in same way that they were sons of their human father?"

Lilel01

Is the Father The Only True God in the same way as Jesus is The Only Begotten Son of God?

Can there be another Only Begotten Son besides Jesus and if not, what does that tell you about the Father being The Only True God as per Jesus in John 17:3?
That is a magnificent reasoning: "the only X" is what it means.

Deut. 6:4 “Listen, O Israel: Jehovah our God is one Jehovah.

Lilel01

Jesus never looked for anyone to consider him equal to his Father, God. He made it clear that his followers had to regard the Father as one God and worship Him alone.

John 5:41 I do not accept glory from men,

... 7:18 Whoever speaks of his own originality is seeking his own glory; but whoever seeks the glory of the one who sent him, this one is true and there is no unrighteousness in him.

... 8:48 In answer the Jews said to him: “Are we not right in saying, ‘You are a Sa·marʹi·tan and have a demon’?” 49 Jesus answered: “I do not have a demon, but I honor my Father, and you dishonor me. 50 But I am not seeking glory for myself; there is One who is seeking and judging. 51 Most truly I say to you, if anyone observes my word, he will never see death at all.” 52 The Jews said to him: “ (...) 52 (...) Who do you claim to be?” 54 Jesus answered: “If I glorify myself, my glory is nothing. It is my Father who glorifies me, the one who you say is your God. 55 Yet you have not known him, but I know him. And if I said I do not know him, I would be like you, a liar. But I do know him and am observing his word."

Fred

God. He made it clear that his followers had to regard the Father as one God and worship Him alone.

The Watchtower: Make no mistake about this, the true "higher powers" or "superior authorities" to whom Christians are commanded to subject themselves in worship are Jehovah God and Christ Jesus! ("Subjection to the Superior Authorities," May 1, 1951, page 275).
https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1951324

Lilel01

A quote from a 1951 magazine ... Really?
Shame ... How pity I feel for some here. They only demonstrate the ridiculous things that their hatred makes them do.

Fred

A quote from a 1951 magazine ... Really?
Shame ... How pity I feel for some here. They only demonstrate the ridiculous things that their hatred makes them do.

How far back in time is too far back to refer to?

Please supply a specific date. I asked another JW on this cite to do the same, but he ran away and hid instead.

Lilel01

We get some better understanding of different things with the time. We do not believe that humans can learn everything at once ... We don't even believe humans can know everything. In our official website you will see what we have learn recently or any new understanding. If you want to quote from us, quote from there.
www.jw.org

Fred

We get some better understanding of different things with the time. We do not believe that humans can learn everything at once ... We don't even believe humans can know everything. In our official website you will see what we have learn recently or any new understanding. If you want to quote from us, quote from there.
www.jw.org

In 1954 they started to teach the Lord Jesus is not to be prayed to or worshiped, but since that time they have contradicted themselves many times with this false doctrine.

So I can quote whatever they have asserted. This is especially embarrassing when even after 1954 they still affirm the Lord Jesus is the proper recipient of prayer and worship.

Lilel01

www.jw.org
What part of this post did you not understand? I will explain it to you in other words.