Did Jesus teach he was GOD himself?

BTW Paul NEVER used the term Elohim in any of his writings.

Do you agree?

The reason is that elohim and yehova are Hebrew words that are translated in Greek as theos and kyrios.

Deuteronomy 6:4... Hear, O Israel: yehova our elohim is one yehova:

Mark 12:29... And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; kyrios our theos is one kyrios:

So you will find elohim and yehova in a Hebrew translation of the New Testament TODAY.

Do you agree?
Hebrew translations of The N.T. are for Jewish believers.

Hebrew translations of The N.T. are for Jewish believers.

Hebrew translations of the N.T. are for ANYONE who knows Hebrew, whether or not they are Jewish.

But you didn't answer the first question...

BTW Paul NEVER used the term Elohim in any of his writings.

Do you agree?

If Jesus himself has a God, even in heaven now (Apoc. 3:12) , and when he was among humans he had told his apostles that his own God is also their God (John 20:17) ... why not obey Jesus and get to know that God whom he taught about?

Luk. 6:46 “Why, then, do you call me ‘Lord! Lord!’ but do not do the things I say?

So, this is my point on this thread: Did Jesus teach he was GOD himself?

If he did, then we should believe it ... but if he did not, what should we do?

Luke 6:46 “Why, then, do you call me ‘Lord! Lord!’ but do not do the things I say?

He said in the old kjv he is the son of God. The was italicized Greek does not have that. It should read I am a son of God.

When Jesus was living as a human, people speculated a lot about who he was. Jesus talked about it with his disciples. When he wanted to know what they themselves said about him, Peter replied: “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”

What did Jesus say in response? You can look in Matt. 16:17.

When Jesus was living as a human, people speculated a lot about who he was. Jesus talked about it with his disciples. When he wanted to know what they themselves said about him, Peter replied: “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”

thanks for the reply, but consider this. the son of God is only Flesh bone and blood. but the son of man is "spirit". see, Son is the idenity of God as the "ANOTHER" of himself in Flesh. which is the "ECHAD" of the First and the Last, who is the SAME ONE PERSON.

the First, LORD, the Last Lord, this first and last is in ORDINAL, just as Deuteronomy 6:4 states.

PICJAG,
101G

This was Jesus' response:

Matt. 16:17 In response Jesus said to him: “Happy you are, Simon son of Joʹnah, because flesh and blood did not reveal it to you, but my Father in the heavens did.

What was the real identity of Jesus and who revealed it to Peter?

So, this is my point on this thread: Did Jesus teach he was GOD himself?

If he did, then we should believe it ... but if he did not, what should we do?

Luke 6:46 “Why, then, do you call me ‘Lord! Lord!’ but do not do the things I say?
But Jesus came as a humble servant to declare God the Father. Which makes your entire supposition of none effect.

You people really need to come with better stories against this name Trinity, because I'm seeing all the post apostolic camel riding theologians laughing at you.

....... Alan

The entire Jewish world knew who is the only God. Jesus did not come to teach a different God-Father from the one they knew, but to tell them that this God, who is also his God, is his own Father and sent Him to teach them some other things they did not know then.

John 8:53 " (...) Who do you claim to be?” 54 Jesus answered: “If I glorify myself, my glory is nothing. It is my Father who glorifies me, the one who you say is your God. 55 Yet you have not known him, but I know him. And if I said I do not know him, I would be like you, a liar. But I do know him and am observing his word."

I believe and follow Jesus, not theologians of the world.

Jesus taught many things privately to his apostles. One of their first recorded conversations in the Bible was when the issue of who Jesus was came up. It was a private conversation between them and an excellent opportunity for Jesus to clearly tell them who he was. This is the conversation:

Matt. 16:13 When he had come into the region of Caes·a·reʹa Phi·lipʹpi, Jesus asked his disciples: “Who are men saying the Son of man is?” 14 They said: “Some say John the Baptist, others E·liʹjah, and still others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.” 15 He said to them: “You, though, who do you say I am?” 16 Simon Peter answered: “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” 17 In response Jesus said to him: “Happy you are, Simon son of Joʹnah, because flesh and blood did not reveal it to you, but my Father in the heavens did. 18 Also, I say to you: You are Peter, and on this rock I will build my congregation, and the gates of the Grave will not overpower it. 19 I will give you the keys of the Kingdom of the heavens, and whatever you may bind on earth will already be bound in the heavens, and whatever you may loosen on earth will already be loosened in the heavens.” 20 Then he sternly instructed the disciples not to tell anybody that he was the Christ.

Did Jesus privately tell his disciples that he was GOD? Who did they think he was? Who revealed to Peter about the real identity of Jesus?

Jesus taught many things privately to his apostles. One of their first recorded conversations in the Bible was when the issue of who Jesus was came up. It was a private conversation between them and an excellent opportunity for Jesus to clearly tell them who he was. This is the conversation:

Matt. 16:13 When he had come into the region of Caes·a·reʹa Phi·lipʹpi, Jesus asked his disciples: “Who are men saying the Son of man is?” 14 They said: “Some say John the Baptist, others E·liʹjah, and still others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.” 15 He said to them: “You, though, who do you say I am?” 16 Simon Peter answered: “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” 17 In response Jesus said to him: “Happy you are, Simon son of Joʹnah, because flesh and blood did not reveal it to you, but my Father in the heavens did. 18 Also, I say to you: You are Peter, and on this rock I will build my congregation, and the gates of the Grave will not overpower it. 19 I will give you the keys of the Kingdom of the heavens, and whatever you may bind on earth will already be bound in the heavens, and whatever you may loosen on earth will already be loosened in the heavens.” 20 Then he sternly instructed the disciples not to tell anybody that he was the Christ.

Did Jesus privately tell his disciples that he was GOD? Who did they think he was? Who revealed to Peter about the real identity of Jesus?

Jesus didn't tell them he was the Christ either. Even when people asked him if he was, he would not declare that he was. He also told us why but nobody is listening to him.

And,

20 Then he sternly instructed the disciples not to tell anybody that he was the Christ.

But we are expected to believe he went about declaring to the Jews that he was their God.

Stunningly absurd proposition.

Jesus didn't tell them he was the Christ either. Even when people asked him if he was, he would not declare that he was. He also told us why but nobody is listening to him.

And,

20 Then he sternly instructed the disciples not to tell anybody that he was the Christ.

But we are expected to believe he went about declaring to the Jews that he was their God.

Stunningly absurd proposition.
They tried to kill Him on the spot for claiming to be THE Son of God, for saying God was His OWN Father.

No that wasn't the subject. The subject was whether God is your own Father.

True believers born of God would never deny that He is their own Father as you have.
True believers would admit God is their Father BY ADOPTION, NOT a literally begetting.
Jesus Christ, however, called God His OWN Father, by a LITERAL BEGETTING.
And the subject was WHY the Jews tried to kill Jesus on the spot for that claim.
You have EVADED answering that subject.

True believers would admit God is their Father BY ADOPTION, NOT a literally begetting.
Jesus Christ, however, called God His OWN Father, by a LITERAL BEGETTING.
And the subject was WHY the Jews tried to kill Jesus on the spot for that claim.
You have EVADED answering that subject.

True believers not only never deny God is their own Father, as you do, they would also never deny, as you do, that they are begotten of God just as the Scriptures testify.

But you didn't even need to tell us that you are not born of God. A tree is known by its fruit.

Back