Did Jesus teach he was GOD himself?

You are again into the Persons of God. The Bible doesn't teach 3 Persons in One God but trinitarians only accept by inference.

There has been only One God as 'Echad' - Who as The Ordinal First is The Father (YHWH) and as The Ordinal Last as The Son.

Isaiah 12:2 says YHWH has become our Yeshuah (salvation)
and that's why the same Prophet says in 9:6 that His name is called Everlasting Father.

In Isaiah 6, He is Adonay (YHWH) Who is presented as The High Priest. Isaiah isn't speaking about distinct Persons and neither Jews believed in multiple Persons in God but many knew that YHWH revealed Himself in duality of powers - Higher and Lower Case.

The same truth Thomas recognized in the gospel of John. The same truth can be seen in John 14:1

1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

One can't exercise faith in multiple Persons. The Son is telling The Jews that they believe in God (YHWH) but they must believe in The Son (Who YHWH has come as).
so then, do you have a better way of explaining what is already clear in the Scriptures Yeshua says very clearly that God is His Father and He risked death by saying so...
So BTW, can you tell me if a new poster here ( myself ) is/would be allowed to start a Post/Thread at all please ? Thanks in advance..

lol , yes I do have a Bible and one on the computer which is why and how I, C/P the passages, that you refuse to believe.. Yes, please do not flatter yourself.. Also, the quoted verses/passage are in fact the Word of God! Yet you are in denial of them. We have not been given Gods Word to debate over and over, ad nauseam .. The Word of God is fact, as He gave it, and His Word is to be believed and acted upon always, never doubting His Truth.
Yes indeed, I do see the verse, and BTW, are YOU in Israel and are you a Hebrew ? If NOT then explain why I have to notice the verse ?

So here we go! " Very clearly God had always intended to save other people groups and not just Israel. " this is MY one very clear and expressed witness which you took up and have rejected...
Tell us dude, where did God say for us to read His Word and do our very best to try to " understand what He means " ? I fully understand Gods Word and you do not...
I am about finished with you on this, for I have covered everything I needed to and you still do not want to accept the truth about it and I know how that is because I was a trinitarian for 30 plus years myself and it was very hard for me to escape it also after being brainwashed in it for so long.

However, I didn't have the advantage of people bringing my attention to the many verses that reveal your doctrine as false like you do with the many on here that know the verses, for God himself had to reveal them to me little by little and until I was thoroughly convinced that the trin and Jesus as God doctrines are totally false.

Therefore you are without excuse.

Now concerning your last statements above, we are not told to try to understand God's word the best we can but rather we are told to seek God to reveal the scriptures unto us by his Spirit.

For to try and understand them the best we can is to walk in the flesh but to seek God to reveal them unto us by faith and patience is part of walking in the Spirit, for it will either be the mind of the flesh or the mind of the Spirit but it cannot be by both.

I will therefore leave you with these verses below.

1 Corinthians 2:13 This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words. 14 The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit. 15 The person with the Spirit makes judgments about all things, but such a person is not subject to merely human judgments, 16 for,

“Who has known the mind of the Lord
so as to instruct him?”
But we (who are truly Spirit led) have the mind of Christ.

On this note, I am finished with our conversation on this, for I have said all that is necessary for the present time.

Partaking of the Divine nature does NOT make anyone Divine BY nature.
1SimeonA Peter,a a servant and an apostleb of Jesus Christ:

To those who have received a faith equal to ours through the righteousnessc of our God and Saviord Jesus Christ.

2May grace and peace be multiplied to you through the knowledge of Goda and of Jesus our Lord.

What does it make them?... You do know that is what gives us eternal life, don't you?
4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.
10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
It makes them partakers of the Divine nature, by which we can manifest all the Christian virtues listed in the following passages.

1SimeonA Peter,a a servant and an apostleb of Jesus Christ:

To those who have received a faith equal to ours through the righteousnessc of our God and Saviord Jesus Christ.

2May grace and peace be multiplied to you through the knowledge of Goda and of Jesus our Lord.
Not quite sure what your message is.

You are again into the Persons of God. The Bible doesn't teach 3 Persons in One God but trinitarians only accept by inference.

There has been only One God as 'Echad' - Who as The Ordinal First is The Father (YHWH) and as The Ordinal Last as The Son.

Isaiah 12:2 says YHWH has become our Yeshuah (salvation)
and that's why the same Prophet says in 9:6 that His name is called Everlasting Father.

In Isaiah 6, He is Adonay (YHWH) Who is presented as The High Priest. Isaiah isn't speaking about distinct Persons and neither Jews believed in multiple Persons in God but many knew that YHWH revealed Himself in duality of powers - Higher and Lower Case.

The same truth Thomas recognized in the gospel of John. The same truth can be seen in John 14:1

1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

One can't exercise faith in multiple Persons. The Son is telling The Jews that they believe in God (YHWH) but they must believe in The Son (Who YHWH has come as).
So BOTH Father and Son are God.

He taught that he was the Son of God.. the verse states this and nothing else.. He says, " My Father works,,,,, " do you have English as your first language or maybe you just can not believe this ? No one can be their own father...

John 5:
14 Afterwards Yeshua found him in the Temple court and said to him, “See, you are well! Now stop sinning, or something worse may happen to you!” 15 The man went off and told the Judeans it was Yeshua who had healed him; 16 and on account of this, the Judeans began harassing Yeshua because he did these things on Shabbat.

17 But he answered them, “My Father has been working until now, and I too am working.” 18 This answer made the Judeans all the more intent on killing him — not only was he breaking Shabbat; but also, by saying that God was his own Father, he was claiming equality with God. 19 Therefore, Yeshua said this to them: “Yes, indeed! I tell you that the Son cannot do anything on his own, but only what he sees the Father doing; whatever the Father does, the Son does too. 20 For the Father loves the Son and shows him everything he does; and he will show him even greater things than these, so that you will be amazed. 21 Just as the Father raises the dead and makes them alive, so too the Son makes alive anyone he wants. 22 The Father does not judge anyone but has entrusted all judgment to the Son, 23 so that all may honor the Son as they honor the Father. Whoever fails to honor the Son is not honoring the Father who sent him.

well I have always known that, if any man does NOT want to believe, then they will always refuse and deny God, His Son and even the holy Spirit.
1 Joh 1:8If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.. But, then we read.. John 14:6 6Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me..
You have confirmed BOTH Father and Son to be God.

then you are saying Jesus is a liar...
15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
IOW The Church of God was built BY Jesus Christ.
Wow! He must be God.

Even so, that does not make your son you. You are defeating your own argument... It would be two individuals... You and your son..

It would seem that way to those who lack understanding...You think having the same nature makes two individuals into one individual...
Indeed, TWO Persons with the SAME nature.
Which means The Father and Son are the SAME God.

So BOTH Father and Son are God.
Not as two distinct Persons. Scriptures don't present Father and Son together as God in a single verse. The authors of NT do it distinctively. So we must not add them to make two Persons. That's what Trinitarians do by inference. Not a single scripture mentions F, S and Holy Spirit as distinct Persons together. This is what Trinitarians make by adding. They see Father as God in particular scriptures and likewise see The Son and The Holy Spirit as God in distinct scriptures and connect to say that they are distinct Persons which is erroneous. We don't have to add them up.

Not as two distinct Persons. Scriptures don't present Father and Son together as God in a single verse. The authors of NT do it distinctively. So we must not add them to make two Persons. That's what Trinitarians do by inference. Not a single scripture mentions F, S and Holy Spirit as distinct Persons together. This is what Trinitarians make by adding. They see Father as God in particular scriptures and likewise see The Son and The Holy Spirit as God in distinct scriptures and connect to say that they are distinct Persons which is erroneous. We don't have to add them up.
God IN THREE Persons.
Standard Christian Theology.

If God is one, how can we identify the three divine personalities? In my opinion, this is a contradiction.

I am about finished with you on this, for I have covered everything I needed to and you still do not want to accept the truth about it and I know how that is because I was a trinitarian for 30 plus years myself and it was very hard for me to escape it also after being brainwashed in it for so long.

However, I didn't have the advantage of people bringing my attention to the many verses that reveal your doctrine as false like you do with the many on here that know the verses, for God himself had to reveal them to me little by little and until I was thoroughly convinced that the trin and Jesus as God doctrines are totally false.

Therefore you are without excuse.

Now concerning your last statements above, we are not told to try to understand God's word the best we can but rather we are told to seek God to reveal the scriptures unto us by his Spirit.

For to try and understand them the best we can is to walk in the flesh but to seek God to reveal them unto us by faith and patience is part of walking in the Spirit, for it will either be the mind of the flesh or the mind of the Spirit but it cannot be by both.

I will therefore leave you with these verses below.

1 Corinthians 2:13 This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words. 14 The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit. 15 The person with the Spirit makes judgments about all things, but such a person is not subject to merely human judgments, 16 for,

“Who has known the mind of the Lord
so as to instruct him?”
But we (who are truly Spirit led) have the mind of Christ.

On this note, I am finished with our conversation on this, for I have said all that is necessary for the present time.
Actually you have not said anything at all. For your information, the Messiah, Yeshua, did not come to save us Gentiles, He came only to Israel.. I guess we just got lucky towards the end, what do you say ?

If God is one, how can we identify the three divine personalities? In my opinion, this is a contradiction.
Not a contradiction in scriptures which is spiritual in nature. It's not written like any book in the world. Scriptures must be searched and is like a jigsaw puzzle must be connected.

God as The Ordinal First is The Father and as The Ordinal Last is The Son.

If you study OT, YHWH revealed Himself in duality of powers - Higher case and the Lower Case as being sent. NT also shows the same thing. The Father is above The Son and being sent but at the same time He is equal share of God in flesh without being distinct Person.

When God promises something that no creature can accomplish, He does it Himself taking the route of a Servant. This difference is misunderstood in Trinitarianism and Unitarianism.

No three Divine Personalities - The Father as Ordinal First - and The Son as the Ordinal Last - duality of powers within the same God and not personalities

Back