Did Jesus teach he was GOD himself?

Can you kindly explain Acts 20:28? "Be on guard for yourselves and for all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God WHICH HE PURCHASED WITH HIS OWN BLOOD." That is which being the blood not only of a pure and innocent man, but of one that is truly and properly God as well as man, was a sufficient ransom price to redeem the people.

And, Philippians 2:5-8 backs this up. Specifically vs6, "who, although (or in spite of the fact) He existed in the form of God (or as God) did not equality with God a thing to be grasped." At vs7, "taking the form of a bond-servant/man and being found in the likeness of men. Vs8, "And being found in appearance as a man etc."

The point is the fact that Jesus Christ who has always been God was sent to this earth in the form of a man. So, did God die? Yes and no! God cannot die but He can die as a man and that's exactly what happened. Btw, Lucifer is happy that you don't see this and he likes it when you make fun of things you are "clueless" about. Now, tell me where I'm wrong, educate me on this?

IN GOD THE SON,
james
Those Letters are all AFTER the Cross event ????????

Unlike most folks, and apparently you, I have read the complete Bible rather than just a handful of out-of-contrast proof texts.
John 10:17-18​
17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.​
18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.​
Did Jesus ever disobey a command from the Father?
When the Jewish leaders accused Jesus of making Himself God did He deny it?
show us the passages that you are speaking of, you already KNOW the answers lol I have the NT many times...

Can you kindly explain Acts 20:28? "Be on guard for yourselves and for all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God WHICH HE PURCHASED WITH HIS OWN BLOOD." That is which being the blood not only of a pure and innocent man, but of one that is truly and properly God as well as man, was a sufficient ransom price to redeem the people.

And, Philippians 2:5-8 backs this up. Specifically vs6, "who, although (or in spite of the fact) He existed in the form of God (or as God) did not equality with God a thing to be grasped." At vs7, "taking the form of a bond-servant/man and being found in the likeness of men. Vs8, "And being found in appearance as a man etc."

The point is the fact that Jesus Christ who has always been God was sent to this earth in the form of a man. So, did God die? Yes and no! God cannot die but He can die as a man and that's exactly what happened. Btw, Lucifer is happy that you don't see this and he likes it when you make fun of things you are "clueless" about. Now, tell me where I'm wrong, educate me on this?

IN GOD THE SON,
james
Seeing that He is Jewish, His Name is Yeshua and His Name means, " he saves ", and it is assumed to mean, His People! He did not come to save us non Jews.... how ever that did happen just the same! Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel." Matthew 10:5-6 He (Jesus) answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel." Matthew 15:24 It is important to realize first of all that Jesus was born of the lineage of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. He was the fulfillment of the promise that God had made to Abraham many centuries earlier.

Seeing that He is Jewish, His Name is Yeshua and His Name means, " he saves ", and it is assumed to mean, His People! He did not come to save us non Jews.... how ever that did happen just the same! Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel." Matthew 10:5-6 He (Jesus) answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel." Matthew 15:24 It is important to realize first of all that Jesus was born of the lineage of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. He was the fulfillment of the promise that God had made to Abraham many centuries earlier.

Those Letters are all AFTER the Cross event ????????

I'm confused as to what you regard as authoritive Scripture.
You demand citations where "Jesus said", and summarily reject all Scripture "after the cross event".

Can I safely assume that you've thrown the bulk of the Bible into the garbage, and only accept the "red letter" portions of the gospels and Revelation?

(Oh, I guess you throw out Revelation as well, since it is "after the cross event"?)

show us the passages that you are speaking of, you already KNOW the answers lol I have the NT many times...
I think I mentioned two things.
1. Did Jesus ever disobey a command from the Father?
2. When the Jewish leaders accused Jesus of making Himself God did He deny it?
John 8 what did Jesus say that so infuriated the Jewish leaders that they immediately, without a hearing, picked up stones, in the temple, to stone Him.
αλλα περι βλασφημιας και οτι συ ανθρωπος ων ποιεις σεαυτον θεον.

What a "lame" argument when you said, "His People He did not come to save us non Jews......".But", or should I say, "Oops it was nice of God to include the Gentiles. :rolleyes:

For your information Jesus started His ministry with His own people of Israel first, do you know why? Because John 4:22 says, "for salvation is from the Jews." And if you knew your Bible the last two verses at Matthew 28:19-20 is a command to go into all the world and make disciples which would include us who are Gentiles. Plus the fact Jesus designated the Apostle Paul as the Apostle to the Gentiles, duh?

Finally, yes I know Jesus came from the lineage of Abraham and it was Jesus Christ Himself who make the "covenant/promise" to Abraham in the first place. Just read Genesis 17:1-2, or Genesis 22:15-18, Exodus 3:1-6 and here's an oldie but a goodie, Hebrews 6:13-16. Anything else you want to know?

IN GOD THE SON,
james

What a "lame" argument when you said, "His People He did not come to save us non Jews......".But", or should I say, "Oops it was nice of God to include the Gentiles. :rolleyes:

For your information Jesus started His ministry with His own people of Israel first, do you know why? Because John 4:22 says, "for salvation is from the Jews." And if you knew your Bible the last two verses at Matthew 28:19-20 is a command to go into all the world and make disciples which would include us who are Gentiles. Plus the fact Jesus designated the Apostle Paul as the Apostle to the Gentiles, duh?

Finally, yes I know Jesus came from the lineage of Abraham and it was Jesus Christ Himself who make the "covenant/promise" to Abraham in the first place. Just read Genesis 17:1-2, or Genesis 22:15-18, Exodus 3:1-6 and here's an oldie but a goodie, Hebrews 6:13-16. Anything else you want to know?

IN GOD THE SON,
james
so what is you problem then.. let me show you.. "Matthew 10:5-6 He (Jesus) answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel." Well, do you deny this, that Yeshua said this ?? I do not need nor want " information " FROM YOU...

5 These twelve Yeshua sent out with the following instructions: "Don't go into the territory of the Goyim, and don't enter any town in Shomron,

6 but go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Isra'el.

7 As you go, proclaim, `The Kingdom of Heaven is near,'

8 heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those afflicted with tzara'at, expel demons. You have received without paying, so give without asking payment.

Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel." Matthew 10:5-6 He (Jesus) answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel." Matthew 15:24 It is important to realize first of all that Jesus was born of the lineage of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. He was the fulfillment of the promise that God had made to Abraham many centuries earlier..

Denying the above is rubbish and futile to say the least..
Now, of course we all know that they rejected Him no need to restate that. Also He then give His promise to all Nations..

John 8 what did Jesus say that so infuriated the Jewish leaders that they immediately, without a hearing, picked up stones, in the temple, to stone Him.
Good question, so well, first of all please tell us of ALL of the commands that are given to Yeshua ? How many were there ?
You are the one telling us the " story ", so tell us ?
Where the Jewish Leaders of that time sinners,, or was Yeshua the sinner ? or both or none ?
So did they stone Him or not ?
Why are you quoting greek ? They have millions of god lol ?
Can you not do your own Bible reading ?

Good question, so well, first of all please tell us of ALL of the commands that are given to Yeshua ? How many were there ?
You are the one telling us the " story ", so tell us ?
Where the Jewish Leaders of that time sinners,, or was Yeshua the sinner ? or both or none ?
So did they stone Him or not ?
Why are you quoting greek ? They have millions of god lol ?
Can you not do your own Bible reading ?
Nice tap dancing you are doing around my two points.
John thought it was important enough to quote the Greeks. I quoted what John wrote you got a problem with that?
I certainly can do my own reading in more than one language. Can you? Do you know an aorist from an
apple? Or a hithpael from a hat band?

IN GOD THE SON,
james
You jokes are not funny, look,,, if you even care.. " Matthew 10:5-6 He (Jesus) answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel." ooops, sorry, get someone to read out aloud for you... if it hurts your eyes or, do you in fact actually HAVE a Bible....

Keep thinking ? Q No 1 " did Yeshua ever disobey a command from The Father ? " Who are you asking about that anyway ? You think that God Himself who would have known this either way ? Seems that YOUR god knows nothing if you have to ask us ? Well as for me how would I know ?

They did not accuse Him of making Himself God at all He was only a Carpenter ? If you are trying to ask, if He made Himself OUT/Pretending actually Stating to be God. Then read Scriptures for your self... Again, Scripture please ?

He told them as you are also being told, The Truth... but wait, if you already KNOW that it is in John 8 then why are you asking me all about it, for goodness sake ?
6 They said this to trap him, so that they might have ground for bringing charges against him; but Yeshua bent down and began writing in the dust with his finger.

7 When they kept questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "The one of you who is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her."

8 Then he bent down and wrote in the dust again.

9 On hearing this, they began to leave, one by one, the older ones first, until he was left alone, with the woman still there.

10 Standing up, Yeshua said to her, "Where are they? Has no one condemned you?"

11 She said, "No one, sir." Yeshua said, "Neither do I condemn you. Now go, and don't sin any more."
Soooo, NOW I get it,,,, so then are we who are here, to also assume that you really are without sin yourself ?

IN GOD THE SON,
james
You misquote me again, the passage says and is very clear, " I was SENT ONLY to the LOST sheep of the House of Israel. " so how do you create an argument of hatred out of that statement form the Messiah ?

Yes I already KNOW that He The Messiah Yeshua ( not the rcc whores of Rome's Jesus ) look at Matt 1:
21 She will give birth to a son, and you are to name him Yeshua, [which means `ADONAI saves,'] because he will save his people from their sins."
22 All this happened in order to fulfill what ADONAI had said through the prophet,
23 "The virgin will conceive and bear a son, and they will call him `Immanu El."a (The name means, "God is with us.")

The very damned of the cults and they do not even know that Hebrew, has no " J ".
And despite the years of Jewish and Christian scholarship which has clearly shown the correct pronunciation of YHWH is Yahweh.
From the Jewish Encyclopedia
This name is commonly represented in modern translations by the form "Jehovah," which, however, is a philological impossibility (see Jehovah). This form has arisen through attempting to pronounce the consonants of the name with the vowels of Adonai (אדני = "Lord"), which the Masorites have inserted in the text, indicating thereby that Adonai was to be read (as a "keri perpetuum") instead of Yhwh. When the name Adonai itself precedes, to avoid repetition of this name, Yhwh is written by the Masorites with the vowels of Elohim, in which case Elohim is read instead of Yhwh. In consequence of this Masoretic reading the authorized and revised English versions (though not the American edition of the revised version) render Yhwh by the word "Lord" in the great majority of cases.
Jewish Encyclopedia online

Jesus Christ never said that he was GOD. Rather, he reaffirmed that his own God is the God of his brothers:

John 20:17 Jesus said to her: “Stop clinging to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father and to my God and your God.’ ”

Who should care what theologians say if we clearly have what Jesus Christ teaches? Jesus would never contradict himself, and his teachings on GOD identity are breathtakingly clear ... Why can't some of you understand them and you are trying so hard to deny his own words?

John 4:21 Jesus said to her: “Believe me, woman, the hour is coming when neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem will you worship the Father. 22 You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know, because salvation begins with the Jews. 23 Nevertheless, the hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshippers will worship the Father with spirit and truth, for indeed, the Father is looking for ones like these to worship him. 24 God is a Spirit, and those worshipping him must worship with spirit and truth.”

Jesus Christ never said that he was GOD. Rather, he reaffirmed that his own God is the God of his brothers:

John 20:17 Jesus said to her: “Stop clinging to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father and to my God and your God.’ ”

Who should care what theologians say if we clearly have what Jesus Christ teaches? Jesus would never contradict himself, and his teachings on GOD identity are breathtakingly clear ... Why can't some of you understand them and you are trying so hard to deny his own words?

John 4:21 Jesus said to her: “Believe me, woman, the hour is coming when neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem will you worship the Father. 22 You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know, because salvation begins with the Jews. 23 Nevertheless, the hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshippers will worship the Father with spirit and truth, for indeed, the Father is looking for ones like these to worship him. 24 God is a Spirit, and those worshipping him must worship with spirit and truth.”
The scriptures testify against you !

Isaiah 44:6
Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel
And his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts:
'I am the first and I am the last,
And there is no God besides Me.

Isaiah 48:12
"Listen to Me, O Jacob, even Israel whom I called;I am He, I am the first, I am also the last.

John 8:24
I told you that you would die in your sins. Yes, if you don't believe that I AM(YHWH), you will die in your sins."

John 8:58Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I Am.(YHWH)"

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 20:28Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!"

Romans 9:5
Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them is traced the human ancestry of Christ who is God over all forever praised! Amen.

Titus 2:13
looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Christ Jesus

1 Timothy 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Hebrews 1:8
But of the Son He says,
"YOUR THRONE O GOD IS FOREVER AND EVER

Hebrews 1:10
He also says,
"In the beginning, O Lord, you laid the foundations of the earth,and the heavens are the work of your hands.

2 Peter 1:1Simon Peter a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ
To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours

2 Peter 1:11
for in this way the entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will be abundantly supplied to you.

1 John 5:20We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true even in His Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

These passages in Revelation make it clear that Jesus is God. Remember it is Jesus in the NT who is Coming back to earth that every eye will see. It was Jesus who was pierced on the cross for our sins. John is clearly once again calling Jesus God! The Coming and the coming in the clouds never refers to the Father in the NT but always to Jesus.

Revelation 1:7-8
7 BEHOLD, HE IS COMING WITH THE CLOUDS, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all the tribes of the earth will mourn over Him. So it is to be. Amen.
8 "I Am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."

We know from Revelation 1:8 that Alpha and Omega is the Almighty. So we can see that Christ is the Almighty

Revelation 1:17 And when I saw Him, I fell at his feet as dead. And He laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I Am the first and the last:

We know from Revelation 1:17-18 that the first and the last is He that liveth, was dead, but is alive forevermore is Christ.

Revelation 22:12-13
12 "Behold, I Am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done. 13 "I Am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end."

We know from Revelation 22:13 that the first and the last is the Alpha and Omega.

Revelation 22:16,20
16 "I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star."
20 He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I Am coming quickly." Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.

Conclusion: So we can see that the One who comes/is coming in the NT always refers to Jesus the Son of Man and NEVER refers to the Father. Therefore we can conclude it is Jesus who is coming whom John calls God the Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last.. This is sound biblical exegesis based on the context of the passage as well as the principle established in both Testaments on the One who is Coming in/with the Clouds- The Son of Man not the Father !!!!!!

The two aren't contradictory.
You choose to believe only PART of Scripture.
We choose to believe ALL of Scripture.

Who should care what theologians say if we clearly have what Jesus Christ teaches?

Exactly!
Who cares what you say, when Scripture teaches, in MANY many places, that Jesus is God?

Jesus would never contradict himself, and his teachings on GOD identity are breathtakingly clear ...

I'm sorry you reject Paul's teachings and Peter's teachings and John's teachings.

Why can't some of you understand them and you are trying so hard to deny his own words?

We're not "denying" anything.
YOU are.
YOU are the one denying Isa. 9:6, John 1:1, 8:58, 12:41 (cf. Isa. 6), 20:28, Acts 20:28, Rom. 9:5, Eph. 5:5, Phil. 2:5-6, Col. 2:9, 2 Thess. 1:12, Tit. 2:13, Heb. 1:8, 2 Pet. 1:1, etc. etc. etc.

Amen!
We don't deny that at all!
We simply choose not to deny all the above passages which YOU deny.
Why is that so difficult to understand, that we don't hate and deny Scripture like YOU do?

Back