Did Jesus teach he was GOD himself?

Jesus was made a little lower than the angels... He was not made a God-man ...a God-man would be higher than the angels... Thomas saying My Lord and my God do not make Jesus God...
Novatian [A.D. 210-280.] A Treatise of Novatian Concerning the Trinity.Chap. XIII
Moreover, if, whereas it is the property of none but God to know the secrets of the heart, Christ beholds the secrets of the heart; and if, whereas it belongs to none but God to remit sins, the same Christ remits sins; and if, whereas it is the portion of no man to come from heaven, He descended by coming from heaven; and if, whereas this word can be true of no man, “I and the Father are one,” (Joh_10:30) Christ alone declared this word out of the consciousness of His divinity; and if, finally, the Apostle Thomas, instructed in all the proofs and conditions of Christ’s divinity, says in reply to Christ, “My Lord and my God;” (Joh_20:28) and if, besides, the Apostle Paul says, “Whose are the fathers, and of whom Christ came according to the flesh, who is over all, God blessed for evermore,” (Rom_9:5) writing in his epistles; and if the same apostle declares that he was ordained “an apostle not by men, nor of man, but by Jesus Christ;” (Gal_1:1 and Gal_1:12) and if the same contends that he learned the Gospel not from men or by man, but received it from Jesus Christ, reasonably Christ is God. Therefore, in this respect, one of two things must needs be established. For since it is evident that all things were made by Christ, He is either before all things, since all things were by Him, and so He is justly God; or because He is man He is subsequent to all things, and justly nothing was made by Him. But we cannot say that nothing was made by Him, when we observe it written that all things were made by Him. He is not therefore subsequent to all things; that is, He is not man only, who is subsequent to all things, but God also, since God is prior to all things. For He is before all things, because all things are by Him, while if He were only man, nothing would be by Him; or if all things were by Him, He would not be man only, because if He were only man, all things would not be by Him; nay, nothing would be by Him. What, then, do they reply? That nothing is by Him, so that He is man only? How then are all things by Him? Therefore He is not man only, but God also, since all things are by Him; so that we reasonably ought to understand that Christ is not man only, who is subsequent to all things, but God also, since by Him all things were made. For how can you say that He is man only, when you see Him also in the flesh, unless because when both aspects are considered, both truths are rightly believed?
The Epistles of Cyprian [A.D. 200-258.] Epistle LIX.3
2. For inasmuch as the Apostle Paul says again, “Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?” (1Co_3:16) — even although love urged us less to bring help to the brethren, yet in this place we must have considered that it was the temples of God which were taken captive, and that we ought not by long inactivity and neglect of their suffering to allow the temples of God to be long captive, but to strive with what powers we can, and to act quickly by our obedience, to deserve well of Christ our Judge and Lord and God.
A Treatise of Novatian Concerning the Trinity Chap. XVIII
And this is the Word of God. And the Word of God was made flesh, and dwelt among us; and this is Christ. It was not the Father, then, who was a guest with Abraham, but Christ. Nor was it the Father who was seen then, but the Son; and Christ was seen. Rightly, therefore,
Christ is both Lord and God, who was not otherwise seen by Abraham, except that as God the Word He was begotten of God the Father before Abraham himself. Moreover, says the Scripture, the same Angel and God visits and consoles the same Hagar when driven with her son from the dwelling of Abraham.

YES!!! no one is arguing over this. The major issues is that He alone, was the only acceptable Sacrifice for all mankind as He alone IS without sin. YES again He IS the flesh and Blood Son of God. We have already spoken on that.
At the same time, you are liking the posts of those who teach Jesus is God. You liked post#1319...#1295...#1300...#1297...1266 all those imply that Jesus is God.

At the same time, you are liking the posts of those who teach Jesus is God. You liked post#1319...#1295...#1300...#1297...1266 all those imply that Jesus is God.
TO YOU THEY MAYBE SEEM TO BE SAYING, EVRYTHING/ANYTHING THAT YOU WANT THEM TO SAY, LOL, YESHUA ( at least get His Real Name Right ) never taught that HE is God, He did tell us that God IS His Father,,,
YOU alone demand that the Bible " implies " and or says what ever suits YOU..
Jesus is NOT God so, your deliberate LIES are exposed for what they are,,, lol

Jesus was made a little lower than the angels... He was not made a God-man ...a God-man would be higher than the angels... Thomas saying My Lord and my God do not make Jesus God...
yes, very true BUT,,, He was raised from the dead and only after 3 days..

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 He was with God in the beginning.

3 All things came to be through him, and without him nothing made had being.

4 In him was life, and the life was the light of mankind.

5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not suppressed it.

6 There was a man sent from God whose name was Yochanan.

7 He came to be a testimony, to bear witness concerning the light; so that through him, everyone might put his trust in God and be faithful to him.

Gen 1:3 Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light. John 8:12 Yeshua spoke to them again: "I am the light of the world; whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but will have the light which gives life."

well, take a look again, there are no Scriptures at all that teach that Yeshua is God.. get your money back form the bookstore..

No. Jesus did not teach he was God.
For once in your life I agree with you, Jesus did not teach He was God, instead He proved He was God. Here, I'll give you one example out of many. Luke 5: 20-24, "And seeing their faith, He/Jesus said, Friend, your sins are forgiven." Vs21, "And the Scribes and the Pharisees began to reason, saying, Who is this man who speaks blasphemies? Who can forgive sins but God alone."

So tell me JNelson or rossh, did Jesus in your opinion commit blasphemy as the Jews claimed? Secondly, at vs22, Jesus was well aware of the Jews reasoning and Jesus ask them a very simple question in which the answer Jesus gave proves He is God.

Vs23, "Which is easier, to say , Your sins have been forgiven you, or to say rise and walk?" The healing of the body would be more dramatic and verifiable. However, by forgiving the mans sins it affected him spiritually. Ultimately speaking, taking care of the sin problem would solve (in the ultimate sense) the physical problem when Christians receive new bodies.

At vs 24, notice used the term "Son of Man" which is a reference to the Messiah at Daniel 7:13. Moreover, Jesus claimed that the power to heal the man was proof of His divine authority to forgive sins. Jesus' claim to authority which belonged only to deity was the act which caused the religious leaders to launch their organized opposition to Him from that time on. This can clearly been seen at the trial of Jesus at Matthew 26.

IN GOD THE SON,
james

For once in your life I agree with you, Jesus did not teach He was God, instead He proved He was God. Here, I'll give you one example out of many. Luke 5: 20-24, "And seeing their faith, He/Jesus said, Friend, your sins are forgiven." Vs21, "And the Scribes and the Pharisees began to reason, saying, Who is this man who speaks blasphemies? Who can forgive sins but God alone."

So tell me JNelson or rossh, did Jesus in your opinion commit blasphemy as the Jews claimed? Secondly, at vs22, Jesus was well aware of the Jews reasoning and Jesus ask them a very simple question in which the answer Jesus gave proves He is God.

Vs23, "Which is easier, to say , Your sins have been forgiven you, or to say rise and walk?" The healing of the body would be more dramatic and verifiable. However, by forgiving the mans sins it affected him spiritually. Ultimately speaking, taking care of the sin problem would solve (in the ultimate sense) the physical problem when Christians receive new bodies.

At vs 24, notice used the term "Son of Man" which is a reference to the Messiah at Daniel 7:13. Moreover, Jesus claimed that the power to heal the man was proof of His divine authority to forgive sins. Jesus' claim to authority which belonged only to deity was the act which caused the religious leaders to launch their organized opposition to Him from that time on. This can clearly been seen at the trial of Jesus at Matthew 26.

IN GOD THE SON,
james
This is not interpreted correctly, he spoke like that, as he knew that this person's sin were being forgiven by GOD, but, NOT BY HIM!! How's your English ? Why ? Because HE had not yet been killed and had not died yet risen from the dead as He knew He soon would be killed BY THE JEWS..
To the Jews, apparently yes, He did but, the Jews of that time were revolting against even God.. Where has Israel been since the time of Yeshua ???????????????
So tell us, why does the RCC proclaim and declare their " divive authority " then ? They had their detractors burnt alive so as to prevent them being exposed as fraudsters, remember ?

No one here has ever said that Yeshua is God nor has HE ever said that...

IN GOD THE SON,
james
Arhzoo.. God died on the cross then wow! and what happened to Lucifer during those 3 days ( that God was dead ) in the tomb, did he reap revenge upon God and us humans, while God was dead as YOU suppose ??? Man*** YOU have got to be awarded the First Prize!! for that one,, every cults in the entire world will sign you up asap..

Novatian [A.D. 210-280.] A Treatise of Novatian Concerning the Trinity.Chap. XIII
Moreover, if, whereas it is the property of none but God to know the secrets of the heart, Christ beholds the secrets of the heart; and if, whereas it belongs to none but God to remit sins, the same Christ remits sins;
John 20:23
Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.
Is this passage missing from your bible?
and if, whereas it is the portion of no man to come from heaven, He descended by coming from heaven; and if, whereas this word can be true of no man, “I and the Father are one,” (Joh_10:30)
Jn 17:22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
Jesus prayed that his apostles be one in the same way. that did not make Peter into John or John into Peter neither does the passage make Jesus God
Christ alone declared this word out of the consciousness of His divinity; and if, finally, the Apostle Thomas, instructed in all the proofs and conditions of Christ’s divinity, says in reply to Christ, “My Lord and my God;” (Joh_20:28)
Yours and the Novatian clown who wrote that misunderstanding of the scripture is noted
and if, besides, the Apostle Paul says, “Whose are the fathers, and of whom Christ came according to the flesh, who is over all, God blessed for evermore,” (Rom_9:5) writing in his epistles;
That simply means Christ is over all and God blessed him... If Paul was saying Jesus is God he wouldn't have written this...
1 Corinthians 11:3
But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
and if the same apostle declares that he was ordained “an apostle not by men, nor of man, but by Jesus Christ;” (Gal_1:1
Actually the passage shows God raised Jesus from the dead. therefore Jesus is not a God else he could not have died.
Galatians 1:1
Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead;)
and Gal_1:12) and if the same contends that he learned the Gospel not from men or by man, but received it from Jesus Christ, reasonably Christ is God.
Paul was referring to the men preaching the gospel, not that that Jesus was not a man. The same Paul wrote...
1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
If Jesus is not a man then Paul lied to Timothy... and to us because Jesus is still mediating between God and men.
Therefore, in this respect, one of two things must needs be established. For since it is evident that all things were made by Christ, He is either before all things, since all things were by Him, and so He is justly God;
That was when he was in the father. He was made a man. Lower than the angels. That is not so hard to understand.
or because He is man He is subsequent to all things, and justly nothing was made by Him.
Nope, the scripture is clear he came out from God and he was man a man, a little lower than the angels.
But we cannot say that nothing was made by Him, when we observe it written that all things were made by Him. He is not therefore subsequent to all things; that is, He is not man only, who is subsequent to all things, but God also, since God is prior to all things. For He is before all things, because all things are by Him, while if He were only man, nothing would be by Him; or if all things were by Him, He would not be man only, because if He were only man, all things would not be by Him; nay, nothing would be by Him. What, then, do they reply? That nothing is by Him, so that He is man only? How then are all things by Him? Therefore He is not man only, but God also, since all things are by Him; so that we reasonably ought to understand that Christ is not man only, who is subsequent to all things, but God also, since by Him all things were made. For how can you say that He is man only, when you see Him also in the flesh, unless because when both aspects are considered, both truths are rightly believed?
That is one person putting his own spin on the scripture...Out of ignorance, he is assuming that Jesus is God. The scripture does not teach that Jesus is God and the son of God.
The Epistles of Cyprian [A.D. 200-258.] Epistle LIX.3
2. For inasmuch as the Apostle Paul says again, “Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?” (1Co_3:16) — even although love urged us less to bring help to the brethren, yet in this place we must have considered that it was the temples of God which were taken captive, and that we ought not by long inactivity and neglect of their suffering to allow the temples of God to be long captive, but to strive with what powers we can, and to act quickly by our obedience, to deserve well of Christ our Judge and Lord and God.
That statement makes does not make Jesus God.
John 14:23
Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him
A Treatise of Novatian Concerning the Trinity Chap. XVIII

And this is the Word of God. And the Word of God was made flesh, and dwelt among us; and this is Christ. It was not the Father, then, who was a guest with Abraham, but Christ. Nor was it the Father who was seen then, but the Son; and Christ was seen. Rightly, therefore, Christ is both Lord and God, who was not otherwise seen by Abraham, except that as God the Word He was begotten of God the Father before Abraham himself. Moreover, says the Scripture, the same Angel and God visits and consoles the same Hagar when driven with her son from the dwelling of Abraham.
There is no mention of a God the word in the scripture...Actually, the scripture teaches that God made Jesus Lord and Christ...also God is the head of Christ...
If Jesus is God the word and was begotten by God the word, then you have two Gods...Do you have multiple Gods?

IN GOD THE SON,
james
Matt 9:8 “But when the crowds saw this, they were awestruck, and glorified God, who had given such authority to men.

The crowd who witnessed this understood exactly what was going on while the Pharisees just wanted any excuse to kill him because they were jealous. So no, Jesus did not commit blasphemy because God gave him this authority.

Are you limiting God now by saying what authority he can or can’t give a man if he so chooses to?

John 20:23
Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.
Is this passage missing from your bible?
Jn 17:22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
Jesus prayed that his apostles be one in the same way. that did not make Peter into John or John into Peter neither does the passage make Jesus God
Yours and the Novatian clown who wrote that misunderstanding of the scripture is noted
That simply means Christ is over all and God blessed him... If Paul was saying Jesus is God he wouldn't have written this...
1 Corinthians 11:3
But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
Actually the passage shows God raised Jesus from the dead. therefore Jesus is not a God else he could not have died.
Galatians 1:1
Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead;)
Paul was referring to the men preaching the gospel, not that that Jesus was not a man. The same Paul wrote...
1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
If Jesus is not a man then Paul lied to Timothy... and to us because Jesus is still mediating between God and men.
That was when he was in the father. He was made a man. Lower than the angels. That is not so hard to understand.
Nope, the scripture is clear he came out from God and he was man a man, a little lower than the angels.
That is one person putting his own spin on the scripture...Out of ignorance, he is assuming that Jesus is God. The scripture does not teach that Jesus is God and the son of God.
That statement makes does not make Jesus God.
John 14:23
Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him
There is no mention of a God the word in the scripture...Actually, the scripture teaches that God made Jesus Lord and Christ...also God is the head of Christ...
If Jesus is God the word and was begotten by God the word, then you have two Gods...Do you have multiple Gods?
Meaningless garbage. This is on the level of a preschooler arguing with another preschooler in a playground "Neener, neener, neener. You're wrong and I'm right. Am too, Nuh huh." Anybody can make statements like that. They don't mean anything. Can you show any conclusive evidence that anything I posted is wrong? Do you even know what that might be. I doubt it.

Back