Did Jesus teach he was GOD himself?

If you want to quote from us, quote from there.
www.jw.org

The boldface below is mine.

Colossians 3:20
You children, be obedient to your parents in everything, for this is well-pleasing to the Lord. (New World Translation)

In 2005, the "Lord" in Colossians 3:20 referred to Jehovah.
The Watchtower: You surely know, too, that Jehovah is pleased when you obey your parents. (Colossians 3:20) (Young People, Praise Jehovah!, June 15, 2005, page 23).

In 2007, the "Lord" in Colossians 3:20 referred to the Lord Jesus Christ.
The Watchtower: Another Bible text says that it is "well-pleasing" to our Lord Jesus Christ. Indeed, God commands you to obey your parents. - Colossians 3:20 ("Children, Be Obedient to Your Parents", February 15, 2007, page 23)

Surely you can not be so lacking in understanding that you cannot comprehend the purpose of my question?
The purpose of your question is to cause confusion...
If the first part of the question offends you so much perhaps you might ignore the first part of the question and answer the second part.
Your intent is to cause confusion in both parts...
"When Jesus said that Satan was the father of some of the Jews, was that true in same way that they were sons of their human father?"
No, but it is true regarding our spiritual father...God is the spiritual father of believers Satan is the spiritual father of non-believers.

And in Mark 12:29, The Lord our God is ONE Lord.
Hmm, must be Jesus Christ.
In Mark 12:29 Jesus is quoting directly from Deut. 6:4.

Deut. 6:4 “Listen, O Israel: Jehovah our God is one Jehovah."

Is there a LORD greater than Jesus? If Jesus, our Lord, has any LORD, will not that LORD have a greater authority than Jesus Himself?

Mat. 11:25 At that time Jesus said in response: “I publicly praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and intellectual ones and have revealed them to young children. 26 Yes, O Father, because this is the way you approved. (Luke 10:21).

Paul also clearly knew who is the Lord of heaven and earth:

Acts 17:24 The God who made the world and all the things in it, being, as he is, Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in handmade temples; 25 nor is he served by human hands as if he needed anything, because he himself gives to all people life and breath and all things. 26 And he made out of one man every nation of men to dwell on the entire surface of the earth, and he decreed the appointed times and the set limits of where men would dwell, 27 so that they would seek God, if they might grope for him and really find him, although, in fact, he is not far off from each one of us. 28 For by him we have life and move and exist, even as some of your own poets have said, ‘For we are also his children.’
(...) 31 (...) he has set a day on which he purposes to judge the inhabited earth in righteousness by a man whom he has appointed, and he has provided a guarantee to all men by resurrecting him from the dead.”

Although true Christians have a Lord or Master who bought us with his blood for God, we know that the Supreme Lord is GOD, his Father Jehovah, because that is what Paul and Jesus himself taught.

Rev. 5:9 And they sing a new song, saying: “You are worthy to take the scroll and open its seals, for you were slaughtered and with your blood you bought people for God out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation, 10 and you made them to be a kingdom and priests to our God, and they are to rule as kings over the earth.”

Rev. 5:9 And they sing a new song, saying: “You are worthy to take the scroll and open its seals, for you were slaughtered

Thanks for citing a Bible verse which demonstrates the Lord Jesus is the proper recipient of true worship.

Revelation 5:9 -> Whenever a new song is used in the Bible it always refers to worship (Psalm 33:3; 40:3; 96:1; 144:9; Isaiah 42:10; Revelation 5:9; 14:3)
Insight on the Scriptures: Instrumental music in connection with true worship is mentioned only in a figurative sense in the Greek Scriptures (Re 14:2); yet singing seems to have been quite common among God's servants. Jesus and his apostles sang praises after the Lord's Evening Meal. (Mr 14:26) Luke tells of Paul and Silas singing when in prison, and Paul's encouragement to fellow believers was to sing songs of praise to Jehovah. (Ac 16:25; Eph 5:18, 19; Col 3:16) Paul's statement at 1 Corinthians 14:15 concerning singing appears to indicate that it was a regular feature of Christian worship. In recording his inspired vision, John tells of various heavenly creatures singing to God and Christ.—(Re 5:8-10 14:3; 15:2-4) (Music, page 453).
https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200003137

Jesus never looked for anyone to consider him equal to his Father, God. He made it clear that his followers had to regard the Father as one God and worship Him alone.

John 5:41 I do not accept glory from men,

... 7:18 Whoever speaks of his own originality is seeking his own glory; but whoever seeks the glory of the one who sent him, this one is true and there is no unrighteousness in him.

... 8:48 In answer the Jews said to him: “Are we not right in saying, ‘You are a Sa·marʹi·tan and have a demon’?” 49 Jesus answered: “I do not have a demon, but I honor my Father, and you dishonor me. 50 But I am not seeking glory for myself; there is One who is seeking and judging. 51 Most truly I say to you, if anyone observes my word, he will never see death at all.” 52 The Jews said to him: “ (...) 52 (...) Who do you claim to be?” 54 Jesus answered: “If I glorify myself, my glory is nothing. It is my Father who glorifies me, the one who you say is your God. 55 Yet you have not known him, but I know him. And if I said I do not know him, I would be like you, a liar. But I do know him and am observing his word."
Jesus stated to them Believe in HIM JUST as you do the Father!

Is there a LORD greater than Jesus? If Jesus, our Lord, has any LORD, will not that LORD have a greater authority than Jesus Himself?

Mat. 11:25 At that time Jesus said in response: “I publicly praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and intellectual ones and have revealed them to young children. 26 Yes, O Father, because this is the way you approved. (Luke 10:21).

Acts 17:24 The God who made the world and all the things in it, being, as he is, Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in handmade temples; 25 nor is he served by human hands as if he needed anything, because he himself gives to all people life and breath and all things. 26 And he made out of one man every nation of men to dwell on the entire surface of the earth, and he decreed the appointed times and the set limits of where men would dwell, 27 so that they would seek God, if they might grope for him and really find him, although, in fact, he is not far off from each one of us. 28 For by him we have life and move and exist, even as some of your own poets have said, ‘For we are also his children.’
(...) 31 (...) he has set a day on which he purposes to judge the inhabited earth in righteousness by a man whom he has appointed, and he has provided a guarantee to all men by resurrecting him from the dead.”

Although true Christians have a Lord or Master who bought us with his blood for God, we know that the Supreme Lord is GOD, his Father Jehovah, because that is what Paul and Jesus himself taught.

Rev. 5:9 And they sing a new song, saying: “You are worthy to take the scroll and open its seals, for you were slaughtered and with your blood you bought people for God out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation, 10 and you made them to be a kingdom and priests to our God, and they are to rule as kings over the earth.”
Jesus is Lord,and savior, and the Bible states ONLY God is that!

Thanks for citing a Bible verse which demonstrates the Lord Jesus is the proper recipient of true worship.

Revelation 5:9 -> Whenever a new song is used in the Bible it always refers to worship (Psalm 33:3; 40:3; 96:1; 144:9; Isaiah 42:10; Revelation 5:9; 14:3)
Insight on the Scriptures: Instrumental music in connection with true worship is mentioned only in a figurative sense in the Greek Scriptures (Re 14:2); yet singing seems to have been quite common among God's servants. Jesus and his apostles sang praises after the Lord's Evening Meal. (Mr 14:26) Luke tells of Paul and Silas singing when in prison, and Paul's encouragement to fellow believers was to sing songs of praise to Jehovah. (Ac 16:25; Eph 5:18, 19; Col 3:16) Paul's statement at 1 Corinthians 14:15 concerning singing appears to indicate that it was a regular feature of Christian worship. In recording his inspired vision, John tells of various heavenly creatures singing to God and Christ.—(Re 5:8-10 14:3; 15:2-4) (Music, page 453).
https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200003137
Jesus received the worship of both Angels and humans, who but God can do that?

Ridiculous copout.

The JW's use the same word "worship" in reference to both the Father and the Lord Jesus together.
The Watchtower: You can be helpful to those doing shepherding and teaching work; you can aid others in their worship and service to God and Christ; you can make known the good news to others. (The Christian Ministry—What Does It Include?, August 1, 1971, page 459).
https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1971562
LOL NICE TRY, how ever to all JWs, nothing that any NON JWs say, regardless of truthfullness it is of no concern.

We get some better understanding of different things with the time. We do not believe that humans can learn everything at once ... We don't even believe humans can know everything. In our official website you will see what we have learn recently or any new understanding. If you want to quote from us, quote from there.
www.jw.org
Those who have the One True God and His Messiah can and do!!!!!!!!!!!

The ONE Lord IS The Lord of heaven and earth.
Is The Lord of heaven and earth OUR Lord???
Yes or No.
Christians do NOT have a Lord. They have The ONE and ONLY Lord.
The ONE Lord does NOT have a greater Lord.

Since they are to also shun former JW's and the above is true means they ain't gonna wanna listen to no one!
Psalm 6:8
Depart from me, all you workers of iniquity, for the LORD has heard my weeping.

Psalm 119:115
Depart from me, you evildoers, that I may obey the commandments of my God.

Matthew 25:41
Then He will say to those on His left, 'Depart from Me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

Luke 13:25
After the master of the house gets up and shuts the door, you will stand outside knocking and saying, 'Lord, open the door for us.' But he will reply, 'I do not know where you are from.'
Since they are to also shun former JW's and the above is true means they ain't gonna wanna listen to no one!
How is it that all these CULT followers, 7DA, JWs, Mormons, Children of God, are all and each, so easily hoodwinked and totally fooled so very easily ? The FACT that there are so many should make one awake up to the fact that something is very wrong ?

What is a cult? A cult is a group with a particular and often dangerously fanatical ideology that has certain characteristics. The term 'cult' comes from the Latin cultus, meaning 'worship. This is reasonable: a cult must have a leader who is either worshipped or greatly revered by the cult's followers. A specific cult definition can be hard to pin down because in order to be a cult, a group must have a number of attributes. People often disagree about what makes a cult, meaning that the definition is fluid. This is true especially in the context of new religious movements: some of these movements have been called cults, while some people have argued against this for a variety of reasons. It is easier, generally, to get to grips with the characteristics of cults than to create a single, all-encompassing definition.

How is it that all these CULT followers, 7DA, JWs, Mormons, Children of God, are all and each, so easily hoodwinked and totally fooled so very easily ? The FACT that there are so many should make one awake up to the fact that something is very wrong ?
Evil is real and its deceptive allure is powerful.

Years ago, author Dave Breese wrote a book called Marks Of A Cult and gave a listing of cult characteristics.

The JWs have most of these characteristics.

Here is a site that gives a good description of the characteristics:

All of them are very good points. I think #9 stands out and covers the others.
what is never spoken of is SALVATION and that being salvation of ALL MANKIND !!! They reverse understanding like they say " a loving God will not SEND man to hell for eternity " however Satan will...
Psalm 81:12
So I gave them up to their stubborn hearts to follow their own devices.

Romans 1:26
For this reason God gave them over to dishonorable passions. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones.

Romans 1:28
Furthermore, since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, He gave them up to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done.

Ephesians 2:3
All of us also lived among them at one time, fulfilling the cravings of our flesh and indulging its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature children of wrath.

Ephesians 4:19
Having lost all sense of shame, they have given themselves over to sensuality for the practice of every kind of impurity, with a craving for more.

so then do we all just let them go to Hell for eternity ?

The ONE Lord IS The Lord of heaven and earth.
Is The Lord of heaven and earth OUR Lord???
Yes or No.
Christians do NOT have a Lord. They have The ONE and ONLY Lord.
The ONE Lord does NOT have a greater Lord.
obviously the ONE Lord does not have a Lord as then there would be TWO Lords, right ? God tells us that " from the beginning I knew the end, etc; "

so who re saved then ?
Romans 10:8 But what does it say? “The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,” that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming: 9 that if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with your heart you believe and are justified, and with your mouth you confess and are saved.…
The question now is, " are you truly SAVED " ? and this does mean saying the above TO other people, witnesses and such.

Back