Did Jesus teach he was GOD himself?

DoctrinesofGraceBapt said:
You are mixing up critiquing our internal logic and critiquing our assertions.
Ok, so can you provide some proof or logic to your stance?

Yes, but such requires justifying the NT which is beyond the discussion in this thread and beyond what I'm willing to get into in this context.

Nope. See, no discrepancy.
So, God can worship God?

Nope. That's not what we are saying.

You are assuming what I am not saying. The sequence of theological enlightenment is: revelation, then interpretation, and finally logical implication. You're stuck at revelation; that's all I'm saying.
Ok. So where's the logic?

Logic comes after one agrees to what is revelation. We can't move onto step two before step one.

Yes, the oneness of God is exclusively one, alone. You still have to interact with the distinction between person and being before such is relevant.
Distinction isn't exclusively one, alone.

Why would you say that? They are exclusively one, alone in being.

And? What does that have to do with believing there's only one YHWH, one alone with that name?
That 3 persons with the same name isn't one with the name YHWH. Only one can be named YHWH.

There is only one YHWH. There are three who are the one, alone, singular, exclusive God, YHWH.

Again, that the unlearned rebel against the obvious, shouldn't give you any reason to think the NT isn't conclusive.
They argue the same thing of your side. Maybe you should focus on the logic of the trinity so we can make some progress?
Up to you.

There is nothing to argue about. That sinners rebel against the truth isn't a reason to think the NT isn't conclusive. There is no logical issues with the Trinity; just those assuming axioms as to deny the Trinity.

God Bless

The commandments lead to life. Ouch!
Must be you are UNABLE to correctly read those verses that I posted! Jesus Christ is the way, the Truth & the LIFE as per His say so in those posted scriptures! You can ONLY come to God His Father " THROUGH Him "! Case closed!

He wasn't speaking of himself, but of the commandments. He spoke in parables. Ouch!
Oh yes indeed He was speaking about Himself ( not the comandments ) because Here it is AS IS in this scripture --------------------------

John 14:6
New International Version

6 Jesus answered, I am ( That's Jesus and not the commandments ) the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me ( that's Jesus and not the commandments ). Case closed on your say so ( man's word ) that the words I & Me are the commandments and not Jesus Himself! Learn how to read!

Rotfl... Jesus himself said to attain life thru the commandments. Ouch!
Again, Here is what He CORRECTLY said ---------

John 14:6​

New International Version​

6 Jesus answered, I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. ---------------------- Case closed!

Again, Here is what He CORRECTLY said ---------

John 14:6​

New International Version​

6 Jesus answered, I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. ---------------------- Case closed!
He's referring to the commandments. He spoke in parables. Read Psalm 119.

Must be you are UNABLE to correctly read those verses that I posted! Jesus Christ is the way, the Truth & the LIFE as per His say so in those posted scriptures! You can ONLY come to God His Father " THROUGH Him "! Case closed!
Through the commandments, yes.

Through the commandments, yes.
Through Him as He so stated because He is God the Son ( as per John 1:1+14 & Heb.1:6+8 ) and did NOT speak John 14:6 as a parable! Most of the parables are in Matt.13, as so stated as parables! Jesus Christ is God-Man as per John 1:1+14 & Heb.1:6+8! That's EXACTLY why all things got made/created through/by Him as per John 1:3/Col.1:16! Case closed!

Through Him as He so stated because He is God the Son ( as per John 1:1+14 & Heb.1:6+8 ) and did NOT speak John 14:6 as a parable! Most of the parables are in Matt.13, as so stated as parables! Jesus Christ is God-Man as per John 1:1+14 & Heb.1:6+8! That's EXACTLY why all things got made/created through/by Him as per John 1:3/Col.1:16! Case closed!
There is no God the Son. Check out the Tanakh.

There is no God the Son. Check out the Tanakh.
You need to check out Isaiah 9:6 in conjunction with John 1:1+14 & Heb.1:6+8! God the Father calls His Son Jesus Christ " O God " and Isaiah says He is " Mighty God " ! So yes indeed He " was God " the Word in John 1:1 before He became " Flesh " incarnate as the God-Man Jesus Christ ( God the Son ) John 1:14! Case closed!

You need to check out Isaiah 9:6 in conjunction with John 1:1+14 & Heb.1:6+8! God the Father calls His Son Jesus Christ " O God " and Isaiah says He is " Mighty God " ! So yes indeed He " was God " the Word in John 1:1 before He became " Flesh " incarnate as the God-Man Jesus Christ ( God the Son ) John 1:14! Case closed!
Where in Tanakh does it say God the Son. Nowhere.

Where in Tanakh does it say God the Son. Nowhere.
question from the Tanakh. here it is, "is the term "Lord God" is the exact same person as the term, "LORD God?", yes or no
your answer please

before you answer, read Isaiah 44:6.

PICJAG, 101G.

question from the Tanakh. here it is, "is the term "Lord God" is the exact same person as the term, "LORD God?", yes or no
your answer please
What's the context, verse?

before you answer, read Isaiah 44:6.
One YHWH. One LORD.

What's interesting is the choice for apart, besides, biladey. There can be no God apart from the one. Thinking of two and one coming in flesh is debunked.

PICJAG, 101G.
Did you answer my question?

Pico de Gallo

Last edited:
Back