Did Jesus teach he was GOD himself?

Jesus Christ's God.
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

John 20:28
And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Acts 7:59
And they stoned Stephen, calling upon [God], and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.

No, unfortunately you don't understand at best the thought that he is the anointed one, as all Davidic kings are anointed.
Jesus is and was David’s Lord.
It would help you to understand how the terms elohim, theos, is used, for the nondivine.
Maybe you could take a course!
Tanakh is clear who the Creator is. I go with original.
The Word!
All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Yes, exactly one and alone.
He and His Father are one.

This verse does not help your position. This verse shows Jesus seated next to his father when compared to other verses...
Acts 2:33
Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
Mark 16:19
So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.
Luke 22:69
Hereafter shall the Son of man sit on the right hand of the power of God.
Acts 2:33
Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
Romans 8:34
Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
Hebrews 10:12
But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;
Jesus Christ SHED The Holy Spirit????
Wow! He must be God.

Jesus is and was David’s Lord.
Jesus is a regular man born from a womb.

Maybe you could take a course!
Rotfl... not from you, TR. I don't need any fake visions of God.

The Word!
The Father spoke the words. Tanakh says so.

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Yes. The Father. He created Jesus too.

He and His Father are one.
One and alone means just that, Neh 9:6.

Maybe Jesus is one with Joseph?

Never happened. Jesus said so himself God isn't flesh or blood to Peter.

No, I'm explaining yours to you. It should be apparent with your fake visions of the Father.
Spoken like an unbelieving Sadducee!
Your unbelief will dumb you.
John 12:11
Because that by reason of him many of the Jews went away, and believed on Jesus.

John 12:42
Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess [him], lest they should be put out of the synagogue:

Acts 10:45
And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 17:12
Therefore many of them believed; also of honourable women which were Greeks, and of men, not a few.

Romans 4:17
(As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, [even] God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.

Jesus is a regular man born from a womb.

Rotfl... not from you, TR. I don't need any fake visions of God.

The Father spoke the words. Tanakh says so.

Yes. The Father. He created Jesus too.

One and alone means just that, Neh 9:6.

Maybe Jesus is one with Joseph?
Take a course in everlasting life and what was and is required Sadducee
Ha!

Spoken like an unbelieving Sadducee!
Your unbelief will dumb you.
Rotfl...

Overlooking Jesus' knees is pretty dumb on your part. Enough said.

Learn a lesson on basic reasoning. Humans aren't God.

John 12:11
Because that by reason of him many of the Jews went away, and believed on Jesus.

John 12:42
Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess [him], lest they should be put out of the synagogue:

Acts 10:45
And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 17:12
Therefore many of them believed; also of honourable women which were Greeks, and of men, not a few.

Romans 4:17
(As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, [even] God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.

Rotfl... Just look to who Jesus prayed to. A true God doesn't require one. ;)
Spoke to His Father. So what.
Luke 1:35
And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

FYI again GOD is a Trinity ( FSHS of Matt.28:19 )!
The scripture does not say God is a trinity...
Yes each of those that make up the Godhead ( Trinity ) can be called " God " as John 1:1 ; Acts 5:3-4 & Heb.1:8 shows us!

In order for someone to be called God they must be a God...if each of them is a God then you have three Gods
Each part of a human ( body, soul, & spirit - 1 Thess.5:23 Newbirth ) can also be called human without actually being 3 humans ( human body, human soul, & human spirit )
That is foolishness Those are not parts of a man. Man is not a spirit Man is a body with a spirit.
! Same with GOD ( FSHS ) - God the Father, God the Son, & God the Holy Spirit!
No it is not the sam with God. God is a spirit and he has a son named Jesus.
Case closed as I posted the AS IS scriptures that tells us that Fact!
You have not stated any facts, just rubbish.
Thus you are actually arguing with GOD's as is scriptures and not me! I go by those posted scriptures and NOT your say so ( man's word ) Newbirth!
Nope I am not arguing with God You are.The only true God said Jesus is his son, you are saying Jesus is God

Your position really doesn’t matter.
It does not matter to you because you hate the truth
John’s position is Jesus God’s Son is God.
That is saying that God is his own son Jesus because there is only one God to us believers. Is God his own son?
John declares that Jesus, like His heavenly Father, has always existed since the beginning of time.
So Jesus is not God because God is his Father.
Jesus was with God in the beginning because He is God, and He always has been. John 1-14
Echad God.
The scripture does not say that Jesus was with God in the beginning because He is God. If Jesus is with his Father and his father is God then Jesus is not God else he would be his own father. Is Jesus his own father, yes or no?

An exception doesn't make a rule.
Wow. They're several exceptions. I guess your blanket statement that sacrifices are required was wrong.
At least admit you were wrong here.

Many times people don't get into things because it wouldn't be worth the hassle. You're wrong because Jesus' death paid the debt for those times too.

DoctrinesofGraceBapt said:
Because, they aren't festivals; they're sacrifices. But then again, the Jews stopped following God's command to Sacrifice for the last 2000 years.
Well, when a temple doesn't exist, then you go with the alternatives. Which is what has happened.

You guys had a tabernacle in Shilo for years before ever building a temple. Frankly, you just gave up following God's command to sacrifice. It's one thing when you physically can't because you're not allowed in exile. But, that wasn't the case since 70 AD.

BTW, if you want to point out how Jesus fulfilled every law regarding the Passover and Yom Kippur sacrifices, please do. You'll fail, but I don't mind seeing how you're spiritualize away the commandments to fulfill the commandments. It's contradictory and hypocritical, but go for it. ;)

Spiritualize? Who's spiritualizing anything? We are Gentiles. We do not fall under your law. It simply doesn't apply to us. Your Law was created to separate you from the outer world while pointing to Christ.

Frankly, I think open ended challenges like this are silly. Not only are you measuring the standard by the picture, your challenge is constructed in such a way that it could never be completed in any meaningful timescale. In short, you're saying I'm wrong because I haven't written a Talmudic sized rebuttal of all of Judaism.

The type points to the true sacrifice, not the other way around.
Rotfl... Sorry, if you want to play the game of following the commandments, then Jesus failed to apply his blood on the altar per the commandments.
Ironically, you're arguing your Messiah breaks the commandments to fulfill the commandments. Need I go on? ;)

That went right over your head. When the one, whom Joshua had to remove his shoes before, sheds his blood for the sins of his people, the picture pointing to that Sacrifice doesn't really manner. The sun was darkened, the curtain of the temple was torn in two, from top to bottom. And the earth shook, and the rocks were split. And, you're worried about following a ritual. God commanded you to follow that ritual to point to Christ; when God offers the sacrifice, he chooses the ritual.

The true sacrifice was aways the giving of a son, the ram, and other animals, were always a substitute. Remember, Issac.
That's funny. I don't recall a son being sacrificed for sins in all of Tanakh, except in cases of idolatry. Remember? ;)

Correct, a substitute was offered in Issac's place:
He said, “Take your son, your only son Isaac, whom you love, and go to the land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains of which I shall tell you.”...Then Abraham reached out his hand and took the knife to slaughter his son. But the angel of the LORD called to him from heaven and said, “Abraham, Abraham!” And he said, “Here I am.” He said, “Do not lay your hand on the boy or do anything to him, for now I know that you fear God, seeing you have not withheld your son, your only son, from me.” And Abraham lifted up his eyes and looked, and behold, behind him was a ram, caught in a thicket by his horns. And Abraham went and took the ram and offered it up as a burnt offering instead of his son. Genesis 22:2, 10-13
What is a burnt offering?
If his offering is a burnt offering from the herd, he shall offer a male without blemish. He shall bring it to the entrance of the tent of meeting, that he may be accepted before the LORD. He shall lay his hand on the head of the burnt offering, and it shall be accepted for him to make atonement for him. Leviticus 1:3-5

Burnt offering were offered in atonement for sin.

God Bless

Jesus Christ's God.
Exactly, the One GOD is Triune and said " Us & Our " in the OT in Gen.1:26! Then we have the NT agreeing as it CLEARLY calls the FSHS of Matt.28:19 " God " in John 1:1 ; Acts 5:3-4 & Heb.1:8! Jesus pre-EXISTED eternally as the WORD in John 1:1! So that's Exactly how ALL things got created THROUGH/BY Him as per John 1:3/Col.1:16! Also it is why He stated in John 8:58 that He was the " I AM " ( God ) of Exodus 3:14 ( before He became incarnate as Jesus Christ in John 1:14 ) in order to have known Abraham before Abraham was born! Case closed!

The scripture does not say God is a trinity...

In order for someone to be called God they must be a God...if each of them is a God then you have three Gods

That is foolishness Those are not parts of a man. Man is not a spirit Man is a body with a spirit.

No it is not the sam with God. God is a spirit and he has a son named Jesus.

You have not stated any facts, just rubbish.

Nope I am not arguing with God You are.The only true God said Jesus is his son, you are saying Jesus is God
FYI again, according to 1 Thess.5:23, all humans consist of a body, soul, & spirit ( 3 in one )! That's because the one GOD who said " US & OUR " in Gen.1:26 made them in His 3 in one Image ( FSHS- of Matt.28:19 )! So yes indeed each of those 3 parts of ONE human can and are called human ( human body, human soul, & human spirit ) without actually being 3 humans! The SAME concept with GOD - each of those 3 Divine Persons ( FSHS of Matt.28:19 ) that makes up the GOD Head ( that we can conclude is a TRINITY based upon those posted scriptural FACTS ) can be called " God " because John 1:1 ; Acts 5:3-4 & Heb.1:8 does in fact call them " God " individually! Case closed as your Twisted view ( 2 Peter 3:16 ) is actually arguing with God's scriptures " AS IS " and not me who posts them " AS IS "! Those " AS IS " posted scriptures in this scriptural response, clearly rebukes your view as per God's say so in 2 Tim.3:16! Isaiah 9:6 also says that child/Son ( Jesus Christ ) will be called " Mighty God " after the Word who " was God " in John 1:1 became " Flesh " ( incarnate ) as Jesus Christ the God-Man in John 1:14! So here's 1 Thess.5:23 as is in this Bible --------------------

1 Thessalonians 5:23​

New International Version​

23 May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole ( 3 in one Newbirth ) spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Last edited:
Back