Did Jesus teach he was GOD himself?

the Lord Jesus taught that he is God almighty. John 17:1 "These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:" John 17:2 "As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him." John 17:3 "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:4 "I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do." John 17:5 "And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was."

here the Lord Jesus clearly said he was before the WORLD was, so he's no CREATION/CREATURE of anyone's. the KEYWORD is "WITH" this word WITH means 1. accompanied by (another person or thing) 2. possessing (something) as a feature or accompaniment. scripture, Proverbs 8:22 "The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old."

and "WITH" as in John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." why "WAS" God? because he
God shared himself in Flesh as or in Likeness of his Image .... MAN. that's why he "WAS" God, because while in flesh with blood as a man he had a dirty job to do.... clean up our sin that we brought into his world. in doing so, (in Flesh), he, Philippians 2:6 "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:" Philippians 2:7 "But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: "Philippians 2:8 "And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross."
this is why he was, because he
G2758 κενόω kenoo (ke-no-ō') v.
1. to make empty.
2. (figuratively) to abase, neutralize, falsify.
[from G2756]
KJV: make (of none effect, of no reputation, void), be in vain
Root(s): G2756

definition #1 tells us why he "WAS" God.

and AGAIN, out of his own mouth he tells us he is God. John 17:6 "I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word."

what NAME did he Manifest? John 5:43 "I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive." THE ONLY NAME HE CAME IN IS "JESUS". BINGO.

:ninja:
Clearly Jesus said he isn't the Father nor God in John 20:17. He also said God isn't flesh nor blood, Matthew 16:17.

Sorry trick-or-treater ninja.

Back