Did Joe Smith do a greater work than Jesus?

Catherineaurelia

More on Joe Smith's May 26, 1844 Sermon:

"“God is in the ‘still small voice’; in all these affidavits, indictments, it is all of the devil— all corruption. Come on ye prosecutors, ye false swearers; all hell boil over; ye burning mountains roll down your lava; for I will come out on the top at last. I have more to boast of than ever any man had; I am the only man that ever has been able to keep a whole church together since the days [HC 6:408] of Adam; a large majority of the whole have stood by me: neither Paul, John, Peter, nor Jesus ever did it. I boast that no man ever did such a work as me; the followers of Jesus ran away from him; the latter day saints never ran away from me yet."

So Mormons, how do you feel about Joe Smith's boast that even Jesus was surpassed by Joseph Smith's ability to keep his followers loyal? Did he do a greater work than Jesus? Did Joe Smith's followers ever run from him? Well, according to history, many did:

"During late 1837, the Church in Kirtland was in turmoil. Dissatisfied with Joseph Smith’s leadership, several hundred Saints questioned his divine calling and withdrew from the Church or were excommunicated." This happened after Joey Smith and his pals invented the Kirtland Bank, which was renamed an anti-bank. See: https://rsc.byu.edu/joseph-smith-prophet-seer/joseph-smith-northern-missouri-1838

So, Joe's banking scheme drove Mormons in Kirtland to abandon Smith and his claims. Perhaps Joey Smith forgot about this incident when he claimed no LDS "ran away from me yet." Although given Smith's character, I believe this false prophet was simply LYING as usual.

But still the Mormons here will say Smith was right, and he DID do a greater work than Jesus. That's what condemns them in the eyes of God. Joe Smith is their "savior," not Jesus.

Well, Mormons, I guess you guys don't want to admit that Smith said he did a greater work than Jesus - you'd rather ignore that blasphemy. Can't say that I blame you.

Oh, heck no!!! NO ONE did a greater work than Jesus Christ! NO ONE. Smith had no shame.

"Pride goes before a fall; a haughty spirit before destruction."

More on Joe Smith's May 26, 1844 Sermon:

"“God is in the ‘still small voice’; in all these affidavits, indictments, it is all of the devil— all corruption. Come on ye prosecutors, ye false swearers; all hell boil over; ye burning mountains roll down your lava; for I will come out on the top at last. I have more to boast of than ever any man had; I am the only man that ever has been able to keep a whole church together since the days [HC 6:408] of Adam; a large majority of the whole have stood by me: neither Paul, John, Peter, nor Jesus ever did it. I boast that no man ever did such a work as me; the followers of Jesus ran away from him; the latter day saints never ran away from me yet."

So Mormons, how do you feel about Joe Smith's boast that even Jesus was surpassed by Joseph Smith's ability to keep his followers loyal? Did he do a greater work than Jesus? Did Joe Smith's followers ever run from him? Well, according to history, many did:

"During late 1837, the Church in Kirtland was in turmoil. Dissatisfied with Joseph Smith’s leadership, several hundred Saints questioned his divine calling and withdrew from the Church or were excommunicated." This happened after Joey Smith and his pals invented the Kirtland Bank, which was renamed an anti-bank. See: https://rsc.byu.edu/joseph-smith-prophet-seer/joseph-smith-northern-missouri-1838

So, Joe's banking scheme drove Mormons in Kirtland to abandon Smith and his claims. Perhaps Joey Smith forgot about this incident when he claimed no LDS "ran away from me yet." Although given Smith's character, I believe this false prophet was simply LYING as usual.

But still the Mormons here will say Smith was right, and he DID do a greater work than Jesus. That's what condemns them in the eyes of God. Joe Smith is their "savior," not Jesus.
In this instance, I think Joseph Smith fell into the same error Moses did at the rock of Meribah.
The fact that he died nearly a month later, shows who is in charge of the Lord's Church.

Ummm...yep.
Good, we agree.
But, why do the Mormons claim that their baptism conducted by their rules is the only means and qualified baptism.....
Why do they insist their baptism is the only means of obtaining eternal life?

Good, we agree.
But, why do the Mormons claim that their baptism conducted by their rules is the only means and qualified baptism.....
Why do they insist their baptism is the only means of obtaining eternal life?
Why did Jesus go to John the Baptist?
Why did Jesus give his disciples authority to forgive sins?
God is not the author of confusion (1 Cor 14:33)

The Mormon cult baptizes in the name of the Father, who in their belief system is an exalted human being from some other planet; the Son, who Elohim produced through a physical sexual union with his own spirit-daughter, Mary. And then they have their phony "Holy Ghost," who according to the organization did not beget Jesus:

THEREFORE, ANY SO-CALLED BAPTISMS THE ORGANIZATION PERFORMS ARE TOTALLY INVALID AND WILL SEAL A PERSON TO HERESY. SINCE THE GROUP'S HOLY GHOST IS SO CORRUPTED, THOSE MORMONS WHO DO NOT REPENT HAVE COMMITTED THE SIN AGAINST THE HOLY GHOST.

The Mormon cult baptizes in the name of the Father, who in their belief system is an exalted human being from some other planet; the Son, who Elohim produced through a physical sexual union with his own spirit-daughter, Mary. And then they have their phony "Holy Ghost," who according to the organization did not beget Jesus:

THEREFORE, ANY SO-CALLED BAPTISMS THE ORGANIZATION PERFORMS ARE TOTALLY INVALID AND WILL SEAL A PERSON TO HERESY. SINCE THE GROUP'S HOLY GHOST IS SO CORRUPTED, THOSE MORMONS WHO DO NOT REPENT HAVE COMMITTED THE SIN AGAINST THE HOLY GHOST.
So you're saying that one must have a perfect understanding and/or have no false assumptions of who God is before we can devote our lives to him and obey the commandments?
That's some interesting mental gymnastics to justify your anti-mormonism. This brings up a lot of questions in my mind.
Can you justify your requirements according to the Bible?
How in the world did Christians get saved 300 years before the doctrine of the Trinity get established?
To what degree must one understand? Should one be given a test to pass in Christology before confessing Jesus name and becoming regenerated?
Given that there are at least two other major interpretation of who God is (and especially who Christ is) from the Bible. How do you know that your understanding is superior to others? How do you know that you're not the one committing the heresy?

Fortunately, has a much lower bar than you. Speaking to a very diverse group of people from all different backgrounds and beliefs of who God was said this:

Acts 10:
35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him

So you're saying that one must have a perfect understanding and/or have no false assumptions of who God is before we can devote our lives to him and obey the commandments?
That's some interesting mental gymnastics to justify your anti-mormonism. This brings up a lot of questions in my mind.
Can you justify your requirements according to the Bible?
How in the world did Christians get saved 300 years before the doctrine of the Trinity get established?
To what degree must one understand? Should one be given a test to pass in Christology before confessing Jesus name and becoming regenerated?
Given that there are at least two other major interpretation of who God is (and especially who Christ is) from the Bible. How do you know that your understanding is superior to others? How do you know that you're not the one committing the heresy?

Fortunately, has a much lower bar than you. Speaking to a very diverse group of people from all different backgrounds and beliefs of who God was said this:

Acts 10:
35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him
You can believe and have faith in anything… middle earth, hobbits, the one ring… but if it isn’t the truth it won’t get you to God.

God said He’s the only God there has ever been or ever will be. Who are you putting your faith in? Who are you praying to? Him? or some made up story god who was once a human and worked his way to godhood? You might as well believe in Gandalf.

Back