Did or does Jesus Really Care about ....

Yodas_Prodigy

ancient (OT) Israel becoming a Kingdom again?

Acts 1
6 So, when they had come together, they began asking Him, saying, “Lord, is it at this time that You are restoring the kingdom to Israel?” 7 But He said to them, “It is not for you to know periods of time or appointed times which the Father has set by His own authority;

Acts 1
6 So, when they had come together, they began asking Him, saying, “Lord, is it at this time that You are restoring the kingdom to Israel?” 7 But He said to them, “It is not for you to know periods of time or appointed times which the Father has set by His own authority;
Yes He does.
But the Israel the Lord wants in the holy Land, is not the one which falsely calls itself Israel, they face imminent Judgment and punishment and only a small Christian remnant will survive' Romans 9:27

The nation that bears the proper fruit, Matthew 21:43, are the true Israelites of God: every faithful Christian person, currently in every tribe, race, nation and language.

Luke 12:32 Fear not little flock. for the Lord has chosen to give you the Kingdom.

Acts 1
My long time understanding is Yes. Yes he does.
Israel is the lynchpin/timepiece of the balance of human civilization until Jesus returns to earth and establishes his Kingdom of God on earth.

God will fulfill his promises to Israel.

My long time understanding is Yes. Yes he does.
Israel is the lynchpin/timepiece of the balance of human civilization until Jesus returns to earth and establishes his Kingdom of God on earth.

God will fulfill his promises to Israel.

Is there any place in the New Testament that clearly agrees with your post? From what I read in the NT, Jesus seemed to be interested only in the Kingdom of God/Kingdom of Heaven...

Is there any place in the New Testament that clearly agrees with your post? From what I read in the NT, Jesus seemed to be interested only in the Kingdom of God/Kingdom of Heaven...
Right, the only 'Israel' in God's sight, are the faithful Christian peoples. 1 Peter 1:9-10
Apostate, atheistic and Jesus rejection Jewish Israel, face punishment and only a remnant will survive. Romans 9:27

Romans 9-11
I don't think this proves your point. Romans 9-11 is focusing in on salvation and election. In the passage, I saw 'not all Israel is Israel'. I think the New Testament gives no support for a revived Geo-Political OT Israel.

I don't think this proves your point. Romans 9-11 is focusing in on salvation and election. In the passage, I saw 'not all Israel is Israel'. I think the New Testament gives no support for a revived Geo-Political OT Israel.
Then you're just going to have to read the bible.

The Millennium is the fulfillment of God's word to Israel.
All the great tribulation period prophecies, all the Millennium Kingdom prophecies are in the old testament.

Then you're just going to have to read the bible.

The Millennium is the fulfillment of God's word to Israel.
All the great tribulation period prophecies, all the Millennium Kingdom prophecies are in the old testament.

No offense at all. I believe you are jumping to conclusions. First, I do read my Bible.

Second, you are making assumptions that there is a future millennium with where OT prophecies are fulfilled in relation to Israel.

No offense at all. I believe you are jumping to conclusions.
Jumping to conclusions?
I don't know. I've been reading the bible for the past 45 years.
What conclusions would I be jumping to?

First, I do read my Bible.
Good! That's exceedingly important.

Second, you are making assumptions that there is a future millennium with where OT prophecies are fulfilled in relation to Israel.
Nope. It's all contained in the bible.
But, if you don't actually want to be a part of it, because it's a Jewish concept, stated in Jewish scriptures, and afterwards discussed by Jesus and Paul, and Peter, and John.... all of whom are Jewish people.... just tell Jesus you're not interested in being there.
I get the impression that he'll tell you the same thing he said to Peter when Peter said he didn't want Jesus washing his feet.
🤷🏽‍♂️

It's a package deal for Jesus followers, and Jewish people whom God saves.

Nope. It's all contained in the bible.
But, if you don't actually want to be a part of it, because it's a Jewish concept, stated in Jewish scriptures, and afterwards discussed by Jesus and Paul, and Peter, and John.... all of whom are Jewish people.... just tell Jesus you're not interested in being there.
I get the impression that he'll tell you the same thing he said to Peter when Peter said he didn't want Jesus washing his feet.
🤷🏽‍♂️

It's a package deal for Jesus followers, and Jewish people whom God saves.

I think your response is rather peculiar. You don't know me. I could be Jewish. Better, I could be an Israelite. Having said that, does your millennium have an uprising at the end? Is there a release of Satan for one last gasp at the throne?

I think your response is rather peculiar. You don't know me. I could be Jewish. Better, I could be an Israelite. Having said that, does your millennium have an uprising at the end? Is there a release of Satan for one last gasp at the throne?
I thought you assuming I'm jumping to conclusions rather peculiar.

So, let's just do it this way.

Are you actually curious about what others think, or do you just want to play whack-a-mole and silence any actual discussion?

I thought you assuming I'm jumping to conclusions rather peculiar.

So, let's just do it this way.

Are you actually curious about what others think, or do you just want to play whack-a-mole and silence any actual discussion?
You jumped to a conclusion that I did not read my Bible... You jumped to a conclusion that I have something against Jewish people... And you are now projecting upon me what you have already been doing. You want to silence me by accusing me of some form of anti-semitism...

Does your millennium have sin in it with some uprising at the end led by Satan?

You jumped to a conclusion that I did not read my Bible...
I did that after your comments that I don't know what the old testament said about the Kingdom of God on earth, being based on the old testament.
You jumped to a conclusion that I have something against Jewish people...
Oh, I think you achieved that all by yourself.

And you are now projecting upon me what you have already been doing. You want to silence me by accusing me of some form of anti-semitism...
I'm not the one who is having a problem here with the old testament describing the Kingdom of God on earth for a long time.

Let's see....
According to Isaiah 65:20 WEB “No more will there be an infant who only lives a few days, nor an old man who has not filled his days; for the child will die one hundred years old, and the sinner being one hundred years old will be accursed.

And satan leading an uprising at the end.
Revelation 20 talks about this.

Rev 20:7-10 WEB 7 And after the thousand years, Satan will be released from his prison 8 and he will come out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to the war, whose number is as the sand of the sea. 9 They went up over the width of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. Fire came down out of heaven from God and devoured them. 10 The devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet are also. They will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

You've made it quite clear that you're not actually interested in knowing what my thoughts are on this topic.
Otherwise you would have simply answered my questions and not made it into something it's not.

I don't actually think you're antisemitic.
Your comments made me wonder what you're trying to accomplish here.

I don't actually think you're antisemitic.
Your comments made me wonder what you're trying to accomplish here.
Thank you... I am not... My goal is iron sharpening... If what I hold to or am leaning towards is wrong, I want it proven wrong...

Let's see....
According to Isaiah 65:20 WEB “No more will there be an infant who only lives a few days, nor an old man who has not filled his days; for the child will die one hundred years old, and the sinner being one hundred years old will be accursed.

And satan leading an uprising at the end.
Revelation 20 talks about this.

Rev 20:7-10 WEB 7 And after the thousand years, Satan will be released from his prison 8 and he will come out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to the war, whose number is as the sand of the sea. 9 They went up over the width of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. Fire came down out of heaven from God and devoured them. 10 The devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet are also. They will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Okay, I believe that sin ends at the return of Christ.

24 “Seventy weeks have been determined
concerning your people and your holy city
to put an end to rebellion,
to bring sin to completion,
to atone for iniquity,
to bring in perpetual righteousness,
to seal up the prophetic vision,
and to anoint a Most Holy Place.

Thank you... I am not... My goal is iron sharpening... If what I hold to or am leaning towards is wrong, I want it proven wrong...
Ironically, my goal was to simply, and straightforwardly answer the basic question.

I'm not particularly interested in having a debate with others.
I can do that with atheists.

If you want to know why I believe that Israel is part of the Kingdom, that's a much longer discussion, and an extensive amount of the bible.

A few minutes ago while posting my last comment, I was reminded of Daniel 7. Where one like a Son of Man comes before the ancient of days, and is handed the Kingdom of God.

Dan 7:13-14 WEB 13 “I saw in the night visions, and behold, there came with the clouds of the sky one like a son of man, and he came even to the Ancient of Days, and they brought him near before him. 14 Dominion was given him, and glory, and a kingdom, that all the peoples, nations, and languages should serve him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion, which will not pass away, and his kingdom one that will not be destroyed.

Distinctly Jewish, and distinctly Jesus.

Another passage is Daniel 9.

Dan 9:21-27 WEB 21 yes, while I was speaking in prayer—the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, being caused to fly swiftly, touched me about the time of the evening offering. 22 He instructed me and talked with me, and said, “Daniel, I have now come to give you wisdom and understanding. 23 At the beginning of your petitions the commandment went out, and I have come to tell you, for you are greatly beloved. Therefore consider the matter and understand the vision. 24 “Seventy weeks are decreed on your people and on your holy city, to finish disobedience, to make an end of sins, to make reconciliation for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most holy. 25 “Know therefore and discern that from the going out of the commandment to restore and build Jerusalem to the Anointed One, the prince, will be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks. It will be built again, with street and moat, even in troubled times. 26 After the sixty-two weeks the Anointed One will be cut off, and will have nothing. The people of the prince who come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. Its end will be with a flood, and war will be even to the end. Desolations are determined. 27 He will make a firm covenant with many for one week. In the middle of the week he will cause the sacrifice and the offering to cease. On the wing of abominations will come one who makes desolate; and even to the decreed full end, wrath will be poured out on the desolate.”

Distinctly Jewish, and distinctly Jesus.

So, how long do you want to walk this dog?

I don't find much enjoyment in debates. I'm one of those people who would rather explain the gospel to the unsaved.

Okay, I believe that sin ends at the return of Christ.
That's ok.
Thankfully, the bible doesn't require our agreement to say what it does.

24 “Seventy weeks have been determined
concerning your people and your holy city
to put an end to rebellion,
to bring sin to completion,
to atone for iniquity,
to bring in perpetual righteousness,
to seal up the prophetic vision,
and to anoint a Most Holy Place.
Great passage! One of many which I place my hope in Christ on.

You jumped to a conclusion that I did not read my Bible... You jumped to a conclusion that I have something against Jewish people... And you are now projecting upon me what you have already been doing. You want to silence me by accusing me of some form of anti-semitism...

I'm not sure if your aware of this or not but it's the kingdoms outside of the millinial kingdom that try to overthrow the kingdom.The kingdom at this period consists of all the land from the euphrates river to the Nile as was promised to Abraham's seed. The countries of Iraq, Syria, Jordan Lebanon do not exist during the millinial kingdom. Egypt exists but it is not part of the attempt to rise up. It is destroyed during the war of armeggedon and still weak 1000 years after.

Back