Did Paul believe in a bodily resurrection?

Furion

You are correct, I have no definition of evil, but not because my worldview cannot account for it, but because I learned what evil was the same way every other person, including you, learned what it was,... we experience it, or see it, and then find out that there is already a term for it.

You are quite mistaken if you think you've experienced life like others.

Why are you so obsessed with me reinventing the wheel by providing some definition I would make up for evil? Evil has been defined accurately already and that's how I use it. Why is that so difficult for you to get? (psssssst... hey.... wink, wink, nudge, nudge, I know it's not difficult for you and you are acting obtuse to avoid the point... I won't tell - because everybody can already tell)
Because in order to have a logical and rational (your tools you use to determine things) view of this universe, you must determine root meaning, root causes.

Amorality is the only thing you can determine in a godless chance universe. Therefore with the root cause of chance and amorality, there is no room for "evil." There is no actual right or wrong, just random choices.

And so, I wait for you to catch up, to quit trying to persuade me you are just as moral as the next guy, that you have any basis to extract "evil" from a chance universe. That is the theist sandbox.

5wize

You are quite mistaken if you think you've experienced life like others.
If you think that I think that, then you are still dancing alone in the dark.... seems like a habit of yours. Go out and get some sun, You are probably quite vitamin d deficient by now and looking anemic.
Because in order to have a logical and rational (your tools you use to determine things) view of this universe, you must determine root meaning, root causes.
You never asked for root meaning and root cause... you asked for my definition of evil. I learned it from Webster... not what evil is mind you, but how to convey my experience of it in common tongue. You think silly supernatural thoughts, but don't realize that all your attempts to express it are mundane and earth-bound and all brought about by normal and very un-special, un-supernatural experiences playing over us like a broken record.... and you want some "fresh" language. Good luck.

But if you want, I can show you root meaning and root cause, something I guarantee you cannot ground in a hypothesis of god.
Amorality is the only thing you can determine in a godless chance universe. Therefore with the root cause of chance and amorality, there is no room for "evil." There is no actual right or wrong, just random choices.
Dancing alone in the dark again. Atheists and materialists don't believe in a chance universe of random occurrences so we can't explore that together as point of argument. Neither of us believe that so there is no controversy there.
And so, I wait for you to catch up, to quit trying to persuade me you are just as moral as the next guy, that you have any basis to extract "evil" from a chance universe. That is the theist sandbox.
Maybe you should start by not dancing with yourself so much and you might see that I don't think I'm as moral as the next guy, but that I merely understand far better than you where morality originates and that the concept of evil, as reflected by the language of Webster, applies to my superior understanding of the concept than an absent god can provide you.

Last edited: