Did Ravi Zacharias Persevere in the Faith or not?

G

guest1

Someone can be in sin and be saved, otherwise we are preaching salvation by performance.

The line, for me, is when you no longer desire to overcome sin.
1 Corinthians 5:11
But now I am writing you not to associate with anyone who claims to be a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a verbal abuser, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Galatians 5:19
The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity, and debauchery;

Galatians 5:21
and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Ephesians 5:5
For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure, or greedy person (that is, an idolater), has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

1 John 3:6
No one who remains in Him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has seen Him or known Him.

1 John 3:8
Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil.

1 John 3:9
Anyone born of God refuses to practice sin, because God's seed abides in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God.

3 John 1:11
Beloved, do not imitate what is evil, but what is good. The one who does good is of God; the one who does evil has not seen God.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

guest1

No one knows what he said to God.
That is true but to guilt women and tell them satisfying his sexual needs is honoring to God since he is "Gods" servant is an abomination of the highest degree. He used God and his ministry to seduce women.

I will NEVER defend that mans despicable actions. Look at all the victims he has left in his wake and lives he has ruined.

We might as well defend all the catholic priests who molested boys and girls for decades. There is no difference between Ravi and those priests.

4Him

Administrator
Staff member
1 Corinthians 5:11
But now I am writing you not to associate with anyone who claims to be a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a verbal abuser, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Galatians 5:19
The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity, and debauchery;

Galatians 5:21
and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Ephesians 5:5
For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure, or greedy person (that is, an idolater), has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

1 John 3:8
Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil.

Maybe the man had some sort of sexual addiction and from the way it looks that may be true.
Maybe it's something he struggled with. We don't know.
I'm NOT excusing his behavior, but I'd like to think he repented and made his peace with God rather than rake a dead man over the coals as you seem so eager to do.

G

guest1

Maybe the man had some sort of sexual addiction and from the way it looks that may be true.
I'm NOT excusing his behavior, but I'd like to think he repented and made his peace with God rather than rake a dead man over the coals as you seem so eager to do.
I hope he repented. I liked him allot and had some of his books, I got rid of them just like I have with others like him who have fallen from grace.

4Him

Administrator
Staff member
I hope he repented. I liked him allot and had some of his books, I got rid of them just like I have with others like him who have fallen from grace.

Why would you do that? The man just may have repented, so he would have been restored. Again, you are judging that he wasn't restored by the fact that you 'got rid of his books because he fell from grace'...

Newsflash....we all fall at times. Maybe not to the extend he did, but if you break one commandment, you've broken them all. He is no more a sinner than we all are.

ReverendRV

Someone can be in sin and be saved, otherwise we are preaching salvation by performance.

The line, for me, is when you no longer desire to overcome sin.
civic said:

his secret life says he never was of us since practicing sin is proof one is a child of the devil according to John's epistle. Paul says the same thing in his writings that those who practice such things( adultery, fornication, sexual sins) shall not enter the kingdom of God.

I want to take both of these positions seriously. "Who will deliver me from this body of death??". If these things were not part of the Bible, I would have left the Faith a long time ago...

4Him

Administrator
Staff member
You won't find a bigger holiness preacher than me, but the foundation of our salvation is not our works, period.

After all pride and self-righteousness are more common sins but none of us can measure that particular sin externally, and they are more serious and evil sins.

I'd reckon a lot of religious people have a great deal of pride, and then look down on the sexually immoral, which is self-righteous.

I actually agree with you.

G

guest1

You won't find a bigger holiness preacher than me, but the foundation of our salvation is not our works, period.

After all pride and self-righteousness are more common sins but none of us can measure that particular sin externally, and they are more serious and evil sins.

I'd reckon a lot of religious people have a great deal of pride, and then look down on the sexually immoral, which is self-righteous.
God looks down on the sexual immoral and so do I since its biblical. God says do not associate with any so-called brother if he is immoral and have nothing to do with them. God says to remove the wicked one from among you and that God judges those outside of the church. We are to judge those in the church.

1 Cor 5:9-13
I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— 10 not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. 11 But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people.

12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked person from among you.”

ReverendRV

In my Gospel Tract titled "Peter's Three Denials", I tried to make the point that Peter had actually did what the Bible says will cause the loss of Salvation; to the Point there was no more Sacrifice for him. The Risen Christ himself Received Peter back after he said he loved him three times. I hopped Ravi Repented. but I think we all agree that if he didn't; he's in Hades...

ReverendRV

God looks down on the sexual immoral and so do I since its biblical. God says do not associate with any so-called brother if he is immoral and have nothing to do with them. God says to remove the wicked one from among you and that God judges those outside of the church. We are to judge those in the church.

1 Cor 5:9-13
I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— 10 not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. 11 But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people.

12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked person from among you.”
Would you consider a Christian using Ravi's Ministry categorized as 'associating' with him?

Last edited:

ReverendRV

Well please pray for me. MacArthur said Ravi never used Scripture, just Philosophy; that Convicted me even more...

My plan is to go to Church Sunday, a MacArthur style Church. The last time I went to Church was about this time last year because of the Pandemic; I caught it around then...

Timket

I agree 100%. Perhaps he repented moments before death. We don't know.